Good for you !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

The direction of travel is quite firm now"

What would Scotland gain from being independent?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

The direction of travel is quite firm now

"

same thing we did

Terra Firma

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

same thing we did "

Call it

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

I'm not surprised. (I was surprised Scotland didn't vote for independence when they had the chance previously.)

Terra Firma

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

I'm not surprised. (I was surprised Scotland didn't vote for independence when they had the chance previously.)"

Do you have anything positive to say about England? Anything you could say you're proud of?

I read your comments as forever angry and being grumpy, a little hard done by.

Are your posts really reflective of my observations, or have I got you wrong

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

I'm not surprised. (I was surprised Scotland didn't vote for independence when they had the chance previously.)

Do you have anything positive to say about England? Anything you could say you're proud of?

I read your comments as forever angry and being grumpy, a little hard done by.

Are your posts really reflective of my observations, or have I got you wrong "

Hmm... I'll be proud of the country for booting out the Tories at the next election if/when it finally happens.

(More seriously: this place isn't a reflection of real life, especially the politics bit. This is where people generally complain about this or that political person or situation. In real life, I tend to just roll my eyes at papers & get on with my day.)

I'm curious if the figures for independence would jump if there were mass screenings of Braveheart

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

All they'd be doing at most is changing the middle men that corporate lobbiests bribe.

Besides the Crown (by all intents and purposes the supposed figurehead monarchy) owns a shed load of land in Scotland, and control over rights to things like fishing and gold mining.

"I'm curious if the figures for independence would jump if there were mass screenings of Braveheart "
well the Scottish state they are Scottish not English or British. Same goes for Irish and Welsh :p

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 21/01/23 08:26:32]

By *iketoshow74Man  over a year ago

Northampton

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

If they do, I think the rest of the UK would be far better off economically.

By *rvineguy79Man  over a year ago

Kilwinning

Lol

By *ugarspice7Couple  over a year ago

ilkeston

[Removed by poster at 21/01/23 09:38:32]

By *amantMan  over a year ago

Alnmouth

Brexit was daft. Scottish independence would manage to be worse. As for the polling, I don't really think that's a particularly convincing lead. In an official campaign, the arguments over borders and the technical arrangements it would require would be indefensible. I was surprised Scotland didn't seize the opportunity when they had the chance. Maybe Scotland will be an independent state in the future but if that's the case, we're all in for a terrible ride.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

which poll?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

The direction of travel is quite firm nowwhich poll?

"

i ask because I went looking... At got the opposite

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/majority-of-scots-would-vote-against-independence-new-poll-suggests/ar-AA16zm3p

Majority to remain.

By *irtysnapperMan  over a year ago

Bromsgrove

Good on ‘em. More nails in the coffin of the criminal tory party. And if Scotland manage to get back into the EU, even better.

By *agan_PairCouple  over a year ago

portchester

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

You might want to check your numbers according to survation it's

Yes 46

No 54

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm curious if the figures for independence would jump if there were mass screenings of Braveheart well the Scottish state they are Scottish not English or British. Same goes for Irish and Welsh :p"

Scottish, English, Welsh and Northern Irish are all British. The Scottish are certainly not English.

It is like Texans, Calafornians and New Yorkers are all Americans but Texans are not New Yorkers.

Glasgow

"Good on ‘em. More nails in the coffin of the criminal tory party. And if Scotland manage to get back into the EU, even better. "

If Scotland leaves the UK there will be even fewer nails in the coffin of the "criminal Tory party".

Think you need to go to Specsavers OP, latest poll showed 54/46 in favour of staying in UK.

Terra Firma

"Think you need to go to Specsavers OP, latest poll showed 54/46 in favour of staying in UK. "

Those figures are purely facts, and have nothing to do with the will of the people wanting to leave the UK

Glasgow

"Think you need to go to Specsavers OP, latest poll showed 54/46 in favour of staying in UK.

Those figures are purely facts, and have nothing to do with the will of the people wanting to leave the UK "

Why do they want to leave? Is it for economic reasons, better NHS, better laws, better education, better infrastructure, why? Well all the above are in the hands of Hollyrood. So why?

Because Sturgeon wants more power!! If her anti-Westminister, anti-English rhetoric had her targets changed to "blacks" she would be guilty of racism.

If Brexit was a balls-up after 40 years, because people voted to "Take back control", "Hate the Johnny foreigners in Brussles" how will independence fair after 400?

Terra Firma

"Think you need to go to Specsavers OP, latest poll showed 54/46 in favour of staying in UK.

Those figures are purely facts, and have nothing to do with the will of the people wanting to leave the UK

Why do they want to leave? Is it for economic reasons, better NHS, better laws, better education, better infrastructure, why? Well all the above are in the hands of Hollyrood. So why?

Because Sturgeon wants more power!! If her anti-Westminister, anti-English rhetoric had her targets changed to "blacks" she would be guilty of racism.

If Brexit was a balls-up after 40 years, because people voted to "Take back control", "Hate the Johnny foreigners in Brussles" how will independence fair after 400? "

She wants a legacy as large as her ego

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Having half my family from up in the frozen north they have seen what a disaster Brexit has been and are very wary of making the situation even worse.

Get rid of the thieving deceitful Tories and hopefully get us all closer to Europe .

We have now clearly seen the Brexit sunlit uplands we’re just another lie. Fabulous trade deals indeed .

Scotland is an amazing place and the population is very proud of its history and should definitely embrace their nationalistic feelings. That being said I for one don’t want to see them break from the Kingdom.

We will all be losers if that happens.

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

"Having half my family from up in the frozen north they have seen what a disaster Brexit has been and are very wary of making the situation even worse.

Get rid of the thieving deceitful Tories and hopefully get us all closer to Europe .

We have now clearly seen the Brexit sunlit uplands we’re just another lie. Fabulous trade deals indeed .

Scotland is an amazing place and the population is very proud of its history and should definitely embrace their nationalistic feelings. That being said I for one don’t want to see them break from the Kingdom.

We will all be losers if that happens.

"

Think Sturgeon is going for best of 3 .... if she loses this one she'll probably go for best of 5

By *lixerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Latest poll:

YES 56%

No 44%

"

Normality. That's it. Normality

Glasgow

"I'm curious if the figures for independence would jump if there were mass screenings of Braveheart "

Thanks for the lazy racism.

Glasgow

If Brexit was a balls-up after 40 years, because people voted to "Take back control", "Hate the Johnny foreigners in Brussles" how will independence fair after 400? "

Pish. 14 years in power for the party. It's the people's voice you hear.

Glasgow

If Brexit was a balls-up after 40 years, because people voted to "Take back control", "Hate the Johnny foreigners in Brussles" how will independence fair after 400?

Pish. 14 years in power for the party. It's the people's voice you hear. "

You support the Tories in Westminister then? Peoples voice, 13 years in power.

When will Sturgeon, supported by her 1.3 million, stop telling the other 64 million what to do?

By *uncraversCouple  over a year ago

Herefordshire / South west

Nothing...

Totally yes.

Lol...typical,

Sick of hearing them winging

By *adger BrocMan  over a year ago

Co. Cork

"I'm curious if the figures for independence would jump if there were mass screenings of Braveheart well the Scottish state they are Scottish not English or British. Same goes for Irish and Welsh :p

Scottish, English, Welsh and Northern Irish are all British. The Scottish are certainly not English.

It is like Texans, Calafornians and New Yorkers are all Americans but Texans are not New Yorkers."

SOME residents of NI definitely do not consider themselves British.

By *amantMan  over a year ago

Alnmouth

Scottish independence would be terrible for all involved, anyone claiming the rest of Britain wouldn't suffer as a result is lying, it's just Scotland would suffer worse. If your home is burning you don't try to put it out with petrol and gunpowder. Though it would be foolish to plea for sanity in a place such as modern Britain.

By *oversfunCouple  over a year ago

ayrshire

"Scottish independence would be terrible for all involved, anyone claiming the rest of Britain wouldn't suffer as a result is lying, it's just Scotland would suffer worse. If your home is burning you don't try to put it out with petrol and gunpowder. Though it would be foolish to plea for sanity in a place such as modern Britain. "

Pls cam you explain how scotland will suffer worse?

Glasgow

"I'm curious if the figures for independence would jump if there were mass screenings of Braveheart well the Scottish state they are Scottish not English or British. Same goes for Irish and Welsh :p

It is like Texans, Calafornians and New Yorkers are all Americans but Texans are not New Yorkers.

"

Hrm? Well the NI folks are citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The abreviation is "British" even though NI is not part of Great Britain, which is in fact the land mass of England, Scotland and Wales.

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I work in finance and Brexit will be a picnic compared to a Scottish independence decision. The money flight will be enormous and the lack of a currency deal will plunge the fledgling economy into a long period of austerity. Unfortunately Sturgeon knows this and chooses to ignore these facts as they were presented to her. In the end she is just another grubby politician out for herself, her caring rhetoric is just that total BS

Glasgow

" I work in finance and Brexit will be a picnic compared to a Scottish independence decision. The money flight will be enormous and the lack of a currency deal will plunge the fledgling economy into a long period of austerity. Unfortunately Sturgeon knows this and chooses to ignore these facts as they were presented to her. In the end she is just another grubby politician out for herself, her caring rhetoric is just that total BS"

I agree with you. When SNP politicians depend on "them against us", "they think we are shit" and "Westminister ignores the wishes of the Scottish people" rhetoric instead of talking about the realistic benefits and losses of Independence you know the only beneficiaries of independence will be the handful of politicians who can milk it.

Glasgow

Hrm? Well the NI folks are citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The abreviation is "British" even though NI is not part of Great Britain, which is in fact the land mass of England, Scotland and Wales. "

"British" is and has always been a political construct that cloaks England. There is no such place and no such race.

Terra Firma

The abreviation is "British" even though NI is not part of Great Britain, which is in fact the land mass of England, Scotland and Wales.

"British" is and has always been a political construct that cloaks England. There is no such place and no such race. "

Do you reckon the Romans called our island Britannia, to piss on your chips

Glasgow

"British" is and has always been a political construct that cloaks England. There is no such place and no such race.

Do you reckon the Romans called our island Britannia, to piss on your chips

"

"British" means belonging or relating to the United Kingdom, or to its people or culture. Not just England.

"Britain" is a land mass and was England and Wales. "Great Britain" is the lands of England Wales and Scotland combined.

The Political entity is "The United Kingdom"

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

""British" is and has always been a political construct that cloaks England. There is no such place and no such race. "

Well that first part is just nonsense isn't it. There is an island called Britain, and when grouped with its associated smaller islands it's called Great Britain.

The second part is true though, there is no British race. Just as there is no Scottish race, or English race.

By *queakyclean69erCouple  over a year ago

Torquay / Fleet

" I work in finance and Brexit will be a picnic compared to a Scottish independence decision. The money flight will be enormous and the lack of a currency deal will plunge the fledgling economy into a long period of austerity. Unfortunately Sturgeon knows this and chooses to ignore these facts as they were presented to her. In the end she is just another grubby politician out for herself, her caring rhetoric is just that total BS"

Completely agree with everything above

» Add a new message to this topic