FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > More Johnson sleaze?

More Johnson sleaze?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to the Sunday Times, Richard Sharp helped arrange a guarantee on a loan of up to £800,000 for Johnson. Not long after this, Johnson (PM at the time) recommended Sharp for the role of BBC chairman.

So it looks like Johnson (while PM) basically gave the job of BBC Chair to a mate who was helping him with his personal finances.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"According to the Sunday Times, Richard Sharp helped arrange a guarantee on a loan of up to £800,000 for Johnson. Not long after this, Johnson (PM at the time) recommended Sharp for the role of BBC chairman.

So it looks like Johnson (while PM) basically gave the job of BBC Chair to a mate who was helping him with his personal finances."

I am sure it is entirely above board and everything done by Mr Johnson was correct and based on merit.

I have to go now, the nurses want me to take my medication.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

If true ..

My favourite part is the loan was needed (in part) to cover the cost of the wallpaper.

The one definitely bought by a donor. And was totally above board.

The wallpaper he was always going to pay for but couldn't afford. And the bankd wouldn't trust him to be able to afford.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Sure his supporters will be along soon contorting themselves to find a way to defend him!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Boris was a cunt who was only in the job to to enrich himself and his mates.

Hardly shocking is it. Thank fuck he's gone.

"If true ..

My favourite part is the loan was needed (in part) to cover the cost of the wallpaper.

The one definitely bought by a donor. And was totally above board.

The wallpaper he was always going to pay for but couldn't afford. And the bankd wouldn't trust him to be able to afford. "

That sounds like a sort of Johnson sleaze inception.

Brighton

This gets better.

Not only did Richard Sharp help secure an £800,000, but he did not declare it in his interview or at any time during the recruitment process.

He also used to be Sunak’s boss!

He also has zero experience in TV, media or news.

Nothing to see here...AGAIN!

Brighton

And more...

Richard Sharp owns a multimillion pound stake in a healthcare company which was granted nearly £600,000 for Covid research while Sharp worked in Number 10!!!

"And more...

Richard Sharp owns a multimillion pound stake in a healthcare company which was granted nearly £600,000 for Covid research while Sharp worked in Number 10!!!"

It never ends, does it?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"According to the Sunday Times, Richard Sharp helped arrange a guarantee on a loan of up to £800,000 for Johnson. Not long after this, Johnson (PM at the time) recommended Sharp for the role of BBC chairman.

So it looks like Johnson (while PM) basically gave the job of BBC Chair to a mate who was helping him with his personal finances."

The nuance here though is that the loan was “guaranteed”. That means it was essentially a gift because its non repayment had no consequences to Johnson.

These sick nuances of law need to be abolished so that grifters like Johnson and others who “lend” money from their own offshore trusts can be held to account.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

So it looks like Johnson (while PM) basically gave the job of BBC Chair to a mate who was helping him with his personal finances.

The nuance here though is that the loan was “guaranteed”. That means it was essentially a gift because its non repayment had no consequences to Johnson.

These sick nuances of law need to be abolished so that grifters like Johnson and others who “lend” money from their own offshore trusts can be held to account."

How is a guaranteed loan a gift? The guarantor wouldn’t see it as a gift if Johnson didn’t keep up the repayments, or am I missing something?

Brighton

These sick nuances of law need to be abolished so that grifters like Johnson and others who “lend” money from their own offshore trusts can be held to account.

How is a guaranteed loan a gift? The guarantor wouldn’t see it as a gift if Johnson didn’t keep up the repayments, or am I missing something? "

Smoke and mirrors. That £800,000 doesn’t come obligation free! Like cash for questions only larger scale. Johnson was being bought to use his influence UK Govt policy to get results that favour whoever is actually providing the cash.

Terra Firma

How is a guaranteed loan a gift? The guarantor wouldn’t see it as a gift if Johnson didn’t keep up the repayments, or am I missing something?

Smoke and mirrors. That £800,000 doesn’t come obligation free! Like cash for questions only larger scale. Johnson was being bought to use his influence UK Govt policy to get results that favour whoever is actually providing the cash."

Very likely! what I’m more baffled by is the lack of governance surrounding this transaction.

If you apply for a position that exposes you to information that is likely to be important to an enemy or if leaked jeopardise the nation, stringent checks are made that include your finances. Anything that could be seen as poor management of finances would void that persons application.

How was Johnson even in the position of PM with his reported money troubles…

I don’t care if he has a loan and has money problems as Boris Johnson, but I sure do if he is the PM.

I wonder if that’s why he went through so many ethics advisors….

Brighton

[Removed by poster at 26/01/23 14:52:59]

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ethics to Boris is something not in his nature to abide by, it's something his ego doesn't recognise..

Same with honesty, morality etc..

Brighton

Smoke and mirrors. That £800,000 doesn’t come obligation free! Like cash for questions only larger scale. Johnson was being bought to use his influence UK Govt policy to get results that favour whoever is actually providing the cash.

Very likely! what I’m more baffled by is the lack of governance surrounding this transaction.

If you apply for a position that exposes you to information that is likely to be important to an enemy or if leaked jeopardise the nation, stringent checks are made that include your finances. Anything that could be seen as poor management of finances would void that persons application.

I don’t care if he has a loan and has money problems as Boris Johnson, but I sure do if he is the PM.

I wonder if that’s why he went through so many ethics advisors…."

You don’t really have to ask do you? Standards and ethics have got progressively worse over the past decade and they have continued to get away with it!

Parties while everyone else was locked down and driving to test your eyes!

Foreign Secretary slipping security and attending an orgy (oops bunga bunga party) at the Italian villa of the son of a known KGB officer (with govt papers on him).

Lucrative govt contracts given to Tory party donors and friends/family without appropriate due diligence or challenge.

A Chancellor of exchequer whose wife was non-dom (but clearly didn’t fit criteria)

Another Chancellor who was “careless” on his tax return to the tune of £millions.

Another Chancellor who met with hedge fund managers before tanking the economy leaving some with very lucrative short positions.

Lying to the Queen and proroguing parliament to stop votes going against the Govt.

Russian interference in elections and money awash in lobbying groups and Tory party coffers but failure to release the Russia Report.

Etc etc etc

Terra Firma

You don’t really have to ask do you? Standards and ethics have got progressively worse over the past decade and they have continued to get away with it!

Foreign Secretary slipping security and attending an orgy (oops bunga bunga party) at the Italian villa of the son of a known KGB officer (with govt papers on him).

Lucrative govt contracts given to Tory party donors and friends/family without appropriate due diligence or challenge.

A Chancellor of exchequer whose wife was non-dom (but clearly didn’t fit criteria)

Another Chancellor who was “careless” on his tax return to the tune of £millions.

Another Chancellor who met with hedge fund managers before tanking the economy leaving some with very lucrative short positions.

Lying to the Queen and proroguing parliament to stop votes going against the Govt.

Russian interference in elections and money awash in lobbying groups and Tory party coffers but failure to release the Russia Report.

Etc etc etc

"

I think this story would make a cracking film!

In all seriousness, Isn’t it sad that it isn’t fiction?

I can’t wait for the inevitable autobiography…..

Brighton

Etc etc etc

I can’t wait for the inevitable autobiography….."

Nobody would believe it. Critics would say it was too far fetched!

By *MischiefxWoman  over a year ago

Astana

Unfortunately I do not believe that we have seen the last of him either.

"Unfortunately I do not believe that we have seen the last of him either."

True, but if labour win the next election he won’t become the Tory leader again, not enough money and to much hassle for Boris

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

"Unfortunately I do not believe that we have seen the last of him either.

True, but if labour win the next election he won’t become the Tory leader again, not enough money and to much hassle for Boris "

Not sure Lord Bamford would agree there….he seems very keen on bankrolling Johnson again….anyone might wonder if he or his bus business or even possibly his family trusts may have benefited from Bojos oven ready carcrash of a Brexit deal!

Still it’s good to have friends in high places isn’t it….even more so when you can’t manage your own finances

"Unfortunately I do not believe that we have seen the last of him either.

True, but if labour win the next election he won’t become the Tory leader again, not enough money and to much hassle for Boris

Not sure Lord Bamford would agree there….he seems very keen on bankrolling Johnson again….anyone might wonder if he or his bus business or even possibly his family trusts may have benefited from Bojos oven ready carcrash of a Brexit deal!

Still it’s good to have friends in high places isn’t it….even more so when you can’t manage your own finances "

True, but Bamford will ‘spend’ his money elsewhere when he finally realises Boris is a liability and a loser

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Etc etc etc

I can’t wait for the inevitable autobiography….."

You won’t have long

Boris has just been handed around half a million advance for his memoirs.

His gilded rope lifestyle continues. Never will he be held to account.

It’s been silver spoon after silver spoon for our child of a PM

When you read the litany of lies and failures it’s actually shocking how low our standards have fallen but Boris has driven them off a cliff.

We need a socialist government who put the whole population first over the next few decades not just their cronies with large wallets. I’m not sure the Labour Party has enough honest people running for office. Money can so easily corrupt but here’s hoping.

Hmmm I'm starting to get the feeling Johnson maybe can't quite be trusted...

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Hmmm I'm starting to get the feeling Johnson maybe can't quite be trusted..."

Have you considered the following argument, I think you'll find it irrefutable and utterly water tight.

What about Corbyn?

"Hmmm I'm starting to get the feeling Johnson maybe can't quite be trusted...

Have you considered the following argument, I think you'll find it irrefutable and utterly water tight.

What about Corbyn?

"

Checkmate!

By *ony 2016Man  over a year ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

. and still , we will hear that The BBC is left wing and we will hear that The BBC is left wing so often that some people will believe that The BBC is left wing and they will repeat that The BBC is left wing so more people will believe that The BBC is left wing ,,,,,,, and some other people won't simply repeat what they have heard they will look at the facts

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

How is a guaranteed loan a gift? The guarantor wouldn’t see it as a gift if Johnson didn’t keep up the repayments, or am I missing something? "

How is it not a gift in all but nam if there are no consequences for not repaying it? Why not get a loan from a Bank or other institution? Because there would be consequences if it were never repaid. If the loan is guaranteed by a donor then it is not a donation which would have to be declared.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

How is it not a gift in all but nam if there are no consequences for not repaying it? Why not get a loan from a Bank or other institution? Because there would be consequences if it were never repaid. If the loan is guaranteed by a donor then it is not a donation which would have to be declared."

have I missed something. Wasn't it from a bank. Just with a guarantor.

It could be a way of creating a loophole I guess. Would fuck boris' credit up for the next loan ...

Terra Firma

How is it not a gift in all but nam if there are no consequences for not repaying it? Why not get a loan from a Bank or other institution? Because there would be consequences if it were never repaid. If the loan is guaranteed by a donor then it is not a donation which would have to be declared."

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.

Do you know 100% the source of the money?

Do you know the contract terms, interest rate etc?

It was a loan that needed a guarantor, therefore the loan is protected should he default.

Brighton

How is it not a gift in all but nam if there are no consequences for not repaying it? Why not get a loan from a Bank or other institution? Because there would be consequences if it were never repaid. If the loan is guaranteed by a donor then it is not a donation which would have to be declared.

It was a loan that needed a guarantor, therefore the loan is protected should he default.

"

None of those details actually matter in the context of Sharp (former boss of Sunak and someone with no relevant experience) securing the BBC role.

Terra Firma

None of those details actually matter in the context of Sharp (former boss of Sunak and someone with no relevant experience) securing the BBC role."

I made my feelings known further up this thread on what I think of a PM taking loans and having money problems...

Regardless of the wrongs and rights, if someone seems to be making wild accusations I want to know if I have missed something or why they feel inclined to spout nonsense, hence my questions to the poster who seems to think Johnson was gifted 800K

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

On a wider note I find it concerning that we had a PM whose finances were so bad that he needed an unsecured loan of £800,000. Even more so when one of his best mates (who he got a seat for in the House of Lords) is the son of an ex KGB agent and knows Putin. It sounds like there has been plenty of opportunities for Johnson to be compromised as I imagine the Russians know more about him than we do. Let's hope this hasn't been the case but his attendance without security at a Russian diplomats party in Italy aren't a good look.

Terra Firma

"On a wider note I find it concerning that we had a PM whose finances were so bad that he needed an unsecured loan of £800,000. Even more so when one of his best mates (who he got a seat for in the House of Lords) is the son of an ex KGB agent and knows Putin. It sounds like there has been plenty of opportunities for Johnson to be compromised as I imagine the Russians know more about him than we do. Let's hope this hasn't been the case but his attendance without security at a Russian diplomats party in Italy aren't a good look. "

Agree and it is something that needs fixing, a PM with money problems, they need to be removed from power, it’s that simple.

The people don’t vote for the PM meaning it’s a party issue and it should be the party held to account if they allow a leader to be in power knowing they were in financial hardship.

» Add a new message to this topic