FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > ExxonMobil $56 billion profit in 2022

ExxonMobil $56 billion profit in 2022

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rFunBoy OP   Man  over a year ago

Longridge

ExxonMobil earned nearly $56 billion in profit in 2022, setting an annual record not just for itself but for any U.S. or European oil giant.

Buoyed by high oil prices, rival Chevron also clocked $35 billion in profits for the year, despite a disappointing fourth quarter.

Last night I watched the first of a three part series on iPlayer where the lies, fake reports, lobbying and damage our planet by this company and other fossil giants who have fully understood the consequences, from the 70's.

Big Oil v the World , Series 1: 3. Delay: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cgqlvk via @bbciplayer

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Longridge

Big Oil v the World , Series 1: 1. Denial: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cgqlv1 via @bbciplayer

Big Oil v the World , Series 1: 2. Doubt: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cgqlv7 via @bbciplayer

Big Oil v the World , Series 1: 3. Delay: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0cgqlvk via @bbciplayer

By *appyPandaMan  over a year ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

Short term profit is more important to the habitability of the world for most complex life to them unfortunately. I just hope our divided and distracted populace that takes this era of abundance and unsustainable systems as an absolute birthright remembers the french revolution before execs from these energy companies, the financial sector and a lot of the global elite retreat into their bunkers as things properly start destabilising.

The world will recover and life will likely flourish again, but with how degraded our ecosystems are, you have to wonder what kind of life will fill the niches left empty in the next few million years.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

The carbon tax regimes rumoured to be coming are making bankers become very negative about investing in the big oil companies.

If the banks believe there’s a fundamental tax issue then expect a huge flow of cash into green energy.

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"The carbon tax regimes rumoured to be coming are making bankers become very negative about investing in the big oil companies.

If the banks believe there’s a fundamental tax issue then expect a huge flow of cash into green energy. "

Big money will be made from the made up pulled out of the hat carbon offset and the push for carbon neutrality. Wanna buy mine I breath shallow.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"The carbon tax regimes rumoured to be coming are making bankers become very negative about investing in the big oil companies.

If the banks believe there’s a fundamental tax issue then expect a huge flow of cash into green energy.

Big money will be made from the made up pulled out of the hat carbon offset and the push for carbon neutrality. Wanna buy mine I breath shallow."

How does it compare to the billions made by the oil companies every year?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great for Exxon Mobil they turned a profit.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

If the banks believe there’s a fundamental tax issue then expect a huge flow of cash into green energy. "

Exxon are in legal dispute with the EU, about their windfall tax.

By *ackal1Couple  over a year ago

Manchester

Big money will be made from the made up pulled out of the hat carbon offset and the push for carbon neutrality. Wanna buy mine I breath shallow."

Up until now I would have agreed with you but seeing the direction of the tax on carbon the costs will indeed sink sone major polluters if they don’t actually reduce their outputs.

Have you seen the rush for Hydrogen lately? That is where heavy industry us going along with non carbon producing energy generation through advanced incinerators which can not only emit very small amounts of carbon but can capture any they do for transformation into productive products.

The bullshit offsetting is being pushed out of the options box for the dirty polluters.

How China will react who knows but if the market taxes then expect them to catch up or ship less .

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think all these companies could show some extreme goodwill and gain lot's of support if they all decided to give customers a payment break to allow people to catch up a bit.

But I can't see it happening these are greedy people who only thing in pounds and dollars.

Us small people are inconsequential and totally unimportant to them.

Longridge

If you get chance.. It's a 3 hour binge that I've watched killing time charging the car - watch and show your kids that BBC Documentary as they deserve to know the truth.

The lies, deceit and lobbying of governments over the last 70 to 100 years is absolutely disgusting.

EXXON knew in the early 70's what damage burning fossil fuels would do to this planet, yet for profit they carried on, knowingly destroying our kids futures in the process and crushing anyone stood in their way.

How did they know? They scoured Universities for 'the best of the best' students and at the same time these people were producing warning reports, executives were telling governments nothing was conclusive or there was no evidence.

They knew damned well the consequences and those Executives still alive should be locked-up.

It begs the question, would these companies be rolling in cash today, populations experiencing extortionate energy bills, Russia given the financial and political leverage they are using against us if renewables had been adopted earlier and further down the road when these warnings were produced?

I hope the EXXON, Shell and BP Dividends are worth the damage and irreversible destruction to this planet done in the name of profit! Enjoy spending it, as well as the people suffering with Energy for heating and cooking.

Anyone owning shares in these companies should be ashamed.. then again, isn't that the problem with humanity?

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Important to note it is nurses and teacher pay rise that cause inflation, not energy companies making record breaking profits....

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Important to note it is nurses and teacher pay rise that cause inflation, not energy companies making record breaking profits...."

Quick, look at those under paid public sector workers. It's all their fault.

"Important to note it is nurses and teacher pay rise that cause inflation, not energy companies making record breaking profits...."

Nope, inflation is the devaluation of currency, and while our economic and political systems obsess over unfathomable amounts of immaterial "wealth" based on speculation and born of debt, the relatively insignificant amounts most of the populace deals with is worth much much less.

Money is just a concept, but the concept has been completely distorted by these pure imaginary amounts at this point making the value of normal people's money decline drastically over the last few decades.

It's important people in the first world have enough to buy and consume the luxury unnecessary goods made by people earning much less, but necessities to live have increased.

It's great for huge businesses and the stock market, but not for everyday folk.

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Cookstown

"If you get chance.. It's a 3 hour binge that I've watched killing time charging the car - watch and show your kids that BBC Documentary as they deserve to know the truth.

The lies, deceit and lobbying of governments over the last 70 to 100 years is absolutely disgusting.

EXXON knew in the early 70's what damage burning fossil fuels would do to this planet, yet for profit they carried on, knowingly destroying our kids futures in the process and crushing anyone stood in their way.

How did they know? They scoured Universities for 'the best of the best' students and at the same time these people were producing warning reports, executives were telling governments nothing was conclusive or there was no evidence.

They knew damned well the consequences and those Executives still alive should be locked-up.

It begs the question, would these companies be rolling in cash today, populations experiencing extortionate energy bills, Russia given the financial and political leverage they are using against us if renewables had been adopted earlier and further down the road when these warnings were produced?

I hope the EXXON, Shell and BP Dividends are worth the damage and irreversible destruction to this planet done in the name of profit! Enjoy spending it, as well as the people suffering with Energy for heating and cooking.

Anyone owning shares in these companies should be ashamed.. then again, isn't that the problem with humanity?"

And yet there you are claiming to be burning electric just because you claim you get it cheap and claiming to be profiteering from letting others charge their cars on your driveway. Or have we got it wrong ?

People who don't own these shares are probably jealous rather than environmentalists.

"If you get chance.. It's a 3 hour binge that I've watched killing time charging the car - watch and show your kids that BBC Documentary as they deserve to know the truth.

Anyone owning shares in these companies should be ashamed.. then again, isn't that the problem with humanity?

And yet there you are claiming to be burning electric just because you claim you get it cheap and claiming to be profiteering from letting others charge their cars on your driveway. Or have we got it wrong ?

People who don't own these shares are probably jealous rather than environmentalists.

"

Or maybe they recognize that our rapid growth as a species has destabilised various earth systems we (and our overly sensitive domestic crops as well as much of the complex life we share this planet with) rely on, climate being just one, and unfortunately much of our species' is too stuck in a fantasy world of it's own creation where it obsesses over silly social constructs constantly to truly see it.

Intelligent life such as us may be a short term self destructive phenomenon if it arises in the universe.

» Add a new message to this topic