FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Putin's speech

Putin's speech

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ools and the brain OP   Couple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Should we start to get very worried about global escalation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I don't think so, did you expect him to say anything less? I bet his audience wished he had, 2 hours is a long time...

couple, us we him her.

"I don't think so, did you expect him to say anything less? I bet his audience wished he had, 2 hours is a long time..."

He was always going to rant and blame anyone but himself.

I imagine many of his comrades where watching with a hidden grimace.

It's funny how he hates the capitalist West yet has amassed enough money himself to be the unofficial richest man in the world.

Capitalist much!

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"I don't think so, did you expect him to say anything less? I bet his audience wished he had, 2 hours is a long time...

He was always going to rant and blame anyone but himself.

I imagine many of his comrades where watching with a hidden grimace.

It's funny how he hates the capitalist West yet has amassed enough money himself to be the unofficial richest man in the world.

Capitalist much!"

He isn't a capitalist, no investment he just takes or is provided wealth. It is either that or a window of your choice I hear

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Putin is an open window, oops I mean open book, it is all bravado and small man syndrome.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Its just rhetoric for the people in his country. Hes not going to use nuclear weapons.

It's also part of the Russian information war operations. Russia is well aware that the people outside Russia and beyond eastern Europe will worry.

Meanwhile nations like Ukraine, Poland, and Finland know it is just Russian propaganda.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Frankly, who cares what Putin says? He's a murderous liar.

It was far more interesting looking at his audience. There were a lot of stony faces there. The people round Putin really don't seem happy with him.

couple, us we him her.

"Frankly, who cares what Putin says? He's a murderous liar.

It was far more interesting looking at his audience. There were a lot of stony faces there. The people round Putin really don't seem happy with him."

Let's be honest regardless of the situation they are always stoney faced.

I'd be crap in that situation I'm a nervous laugher, you know the type who laughs at a funeral.

I'd definitely be thrown out of the nearest high window.

"Frankly, who cares what Putin says? He's a murderous liar.

It was far more interesting looking at his audience. There were a lot of stony faces there. The people round Putin really don't seem happy with him.

Let's be honest regardless of the situation they are always stoney faced.

I'd be crap in that situation I'm a nervous laugher, you know the type who laughs at a funeral.

I'd definitely be thrown out of the nearest high window."

I've seen footage of this sort of thing in the past. The faces this time looked stonier. They must all know the Ukraine war is going disastrously & it's on Putin.

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

They're just putin on a brave face

"They're just putin on a brave face"

Quality comment

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely,can't remember who said it.

Lemmy got a crowd wild at a gig in nottm while back " they might have the power they dont have the right"

I don't understand why the West think that Putin will roll over when sanctions etc. Are implemented and come cap in hand begging forgiveness!

Either he gets removed from within or .. we just crack on with ww3.

"I don't understand why the West think that Putin will roll over when sanctions etc. Are implemented and come cap in hand begging forgiveness!

"

Guess the west cracks on.

"I don't understand why the West think that Putin will roll over when sanctions etc. Are implemented and come cap in hand begging forgiveness!

"

Giving the Ukraine just a couple of tanks here and just a few missiles there is going to make much difference

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

There was a great analysis pre speech by Jeff Sonnenfeld a Yale Professor of Management, CEO behaviour (et al.). It was on China's involvement which going forward, the war will largely depend on.

It's not been brought up so thought it worthwhile.

I've found a small clip of it below but the interview was a good 15 mins. He talked about the fall of companies and countries due to dictators, poor leadership and by comparison the countries and companies that have grown as a result of not dealing with them (he gave several examples).

He gave some very levelled points, from China being a member of the Security Council, to Russia not being in Chinas top 20 exporting nations. The idea was raised that so long as US and Europe are focused and spending money on a Russian war they aren't focussed on growing their economies, so why would China want to get involved in Russian foreign policy when they know what sanctions can do. There were many points raised, it was a refreshing view, I hope it comes true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVSJQ_I93to

couple, us we him her.

"There was a great analysis pre speech by Jeff Sonnenfeld a Yale Professor of Management, CEO behaviour (et al.). It was on China's involvement which going forward, the war will largely depend on.

I've found a small clip of it below but the interview was a good 15 mins. He talked about the fall of companies and countries due to dictators, poor leadership and by comparison the countries and companies that have grown as a result of not dealing with them (he gave several examples).

He gave some very levelled points, from China being a member of the Security Council, to Russia not being in Chinas top 20 exporting nations. The idea was raised that so long as US and Europe are focused and spending money on a Russian war they aren't focussed on growing their economies, so why would China want to get involved in Russian foreign policy when they know what sanctions can do. There were many points raised, it was a refreshing view, I hope it comes true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVSJQ_I93to"

I think it's very important to remember that China's income is mainly based on exporting goods.

Huge consumers such as the US and UK would greatly impact their economy if this stopped.

So from a financial point of view it obviously makes no sense for China to side with Russia.

Can they even both be classed as communist nation's anymore??

yumsville

Just seen this too, and whilst this starts grim it brightens the further you read

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/22/china-russia-reaffirm-close-ties-putin-meets-top-diplomat-wang-yi

yumsville

"There was a great analysis pre speech by Jeff Sonnenfeld a Yale Professor of Management, CEO behaviour (et al.). It was on China's involvement which going forward, the war will largely depend on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVSJQ_I93to

I think it's very important to remember that China's income is mainly based on exporting goods.

Huge consumers such as the US and UK would greatly impact their economy if this stopped.

So from a financial point of view it obviously makes no sense for China to side with Russia.

Can they even both be classed as communist nation's anymore??"

Sorry was reading a column .. lets hope they do take that peace initiative and any co-operation/stabilisation is only in goods services

» Add a new message to this topic