FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nitrous Oxide - Planned Ban

Nitrous Oxide - Planned Ban

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oubleswing2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Nitrous oxide is set to be banned under government plans to clamp down on anti-social behaviour.

Essentially, members of the public will not be able to purchase the NOX cartridges.

I suspect businesses in the catering arena will be fine obtaining these from their catering suppliers for commercial use.

However, what about us gourmands who have perhaps our own ISI Thermo Creamer at home and use NOX cartridges ? How do we legitimately acquire refills ?

I'm also not 100% sure but I think model building hobbyists also use NOX propellant for some of their rocket builds too. (Or maybe CO2, not 100% sure). Also...paintballers...not sure what they use for their guns either.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

I suspect any 'ban' will come in the form of a fine for possession outside of legitimate use. Also probably restricted from sale to under 18s.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

does the ban include mad Max type nitrous for cars?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I assume that people will just have sources like the prohibition era realised, so it won't be earth shatteringly different. This is just another of the inane PR stunts that excites some of the frothing at the mouth types who can give votes to them.

Like all other laws, enforcement gets to be the issue, with under-resourcd police services etc.

By *oubleswing2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Aye, it does seem to be a case of unintended consequences if it's going to affect the catering trade to some extent.

I suspect that suppliers to the trade will still be able to supply, but I wonder if there will be additional paperwork and checks to ensure they are only supplying commercially ? And of course extra checks and paperwork means extra time and effort, so I suspect NOX supplies to the trade will incur a price increase. After all, if you have to add a few extra hours a month detailing all your supplies to 100+ restaurants and splitting out NOX supplies in to a separate sheet to send off somewhere, you'd raise the cost of your cartridges wouldn't you ? And of course your supplier will have done the same to you as well...and probably the manufacturer will have done the same right at the beginning of the chain too.

Of course, I could be jumping ahead of myself and none of this is set in stone, but some folks work in advance planning and pre-emptive troubleshooting fields and have to think about all the things that *might* possibly be a threat to a business and the supply chain.(It actually is quite an exciting field to work in !)

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I assume that people will just have sources like the prohibition era realised, so it won't be earth shatteringly different. This is just another of the inane PR stunts that excites some of the frothing at the mouth types who can give votes to them.

Like all other laws, enforcement gets to be the issue, with under-resourcd police services etc. "

Yer totally agree it won't. make any difference but to make it more fun as it now illegal. CB radio was fun then it was legal and went out of fashen.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Whilst balloons seem to result mainly in littering, alcohol is responsible for the killing, maiming and injuring of tens of thousands of people across the country year after year. The drinkers, their closest friends and relations and even random strangers can all be victims of alcohol.

Balloons are just a fad, but Tory Governments love a good crackdown.

Hastings

"Whilst balloons seem to result mainly in littering, alcohol is responsible for the killing, maiming and injuring of tens of thousands of people across the country year after year. The drinkers, their closest friends and relations and even random strangers can all be victims of alcohol.

Balloons are just a fad, but Tory Governments love a good crackdown."

You saying the Torys are on crack.

No looking at some of them your probably right.

Hastings

"Whilst balloons seem to result mainly in littering, alcohol is responsible for the killing, maiming and injuring of tens of thousands of people across the country year after year. The drinkers, their closest friends and relations and even random strangers can all be victims of alcohol.

Balloons are just a fad, but Tory Governments love a good crackdown."

Sorry had to so why not ban balloons. Make it harder to take.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Feels like a dead cat of the day. The ultimate irony was watching Gove talk up the crackdown when he's admitted to using in the past + there's footage of him looking off his tits in the Commons.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Feels like a dead cat of the day. The ultimate irony was watching Gove talk up the crackdown when he's admitted to using in the past + there's footage of him looking off his tits in the Commons."

And on TV

» Add a new message to this topic