FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Tories or Labour

Tories or Labour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etric5555 OP   Man  over a year ago

BISHOP AUCKLAND

Born in the North east I'm supposed to vote Labour but find I don't vote at all now as they both shit for the country,but I can't forget the Conservative party do what's best for them and there cronies friends Last time Labour were in power we were took to war wrongly and ended up bankrupt at the end of them,I understand wanting the government out but be carefull with what we end up with please try and keep the conversation clean and just give a Honest comment not a political shout

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I'm on the side of putting this in the politics forum

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Careful of what we end up with?

After a decade of cut this and cut that ANYTHING would be an improvement on this corrupt shower of self serving pigs

By *orleymanMan  over a year ago

Leeds

I'll be voting independent in local council elections

I'll wait for policies for elections.

Neither major party currently have my vote.

By *ustABaldBeardedVikingMan  over a year ago

Hinckley

The Labour party didn't bankrupt us, there was a economic global crisis, of which is not anywhere near as deep as the current one we're being forced into all in aid of tax cuts for the rich. I will not be voting Tory, never in my life time. Racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt. How anyone would vote for them is beyond me, however I understand that some people are more interested in giving themselves a step up on the heads of the vulnerable, so for many a cross in the Tory box is enjoyable to them, knowing their using their rights to remove the rights of others. Sadly that's a hangover of Thatcher years.

I'll likely not vote for Labour. My local authority here has done what they can to impose austerity further than just the Tory government, so I shall never vote labour locally again either. Maybe nationally if Starmer gets the boot.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Born in the North east I'm supposed to vote Labour but find I don't vote at all now as they both shit for the country,but I can't forget the Conservative party do what's best for them and there cronies friends Last time Labour were in power we were took to war wrongly and ended up bankrupt at the end of them,I understand wanting the government out but be carefull with what we end up with please try and keep the conversation clean and just give a Honest comment not a political shout"

What about voting for someone else? There are more than two options.

If you don't like foriegners you could vote UKIP.

If you want to save the planet. You could vote green.

If you think science isn't real and teachers aren't racist enough. You could vote Reform.

Etc etc

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Born in the North east I'm supposed to vote Labour but find I don't vote at all now as they both shit for the country,but I can't forget the Conservative party do what's best for them and there cronies friends Last time Labour were in power we were took to war wrongly and ended up bankrupt at the end of them,I understand wanting the government out but be carefull with what we end up with please try and keep the conversation clean and just give a Honest comment not a political shout"

"I'm supposed to vote Labour"

By *lue MancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Well said Madam

By *mateur100Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

"The Labour party didn't bankrupt us, there was a economic global crisis, of which is not anywhere near as deep as the current one we're being forced into all in aid of tax cuts for the rich. I will not be voting Tory, never in my life time. Racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt. How anyone would vote for them is beyond me, however I understand that some people are more interested in giving themselves a step up on the heads of the vulnerable, so for many a cross in the Tory box is enjoyable to them, knowing their using their rights to remove the rights of others. Sadly that's a hangover of Thatcher years.

I'll likely not vote for Labour. My local authority here has done what they can to impose austerity further than just the Tory government, so I shall never vote labour locally again either. Maybe nationally if Starmer gets the boot. "

Good grief. Of course the Labour party didn't bankrupt the country during a global crisis but neither did the Tories during a global pandemic. As for racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt I suggest you watch your words carefully. Saying you'll never vote labour locally again is,I would suggest, fanciful.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

I get where you are at and voting for a small party seams a wasted vote. I think I'll be back to lib the middle ground..

And again proportional representation now is looking a better system.

nr faversham

"Born in the North east I'm supposed to vote Labour but find I don't vote at all now as they both shit for the country,but I can't forget the Conservative party do what's best for them and there cronies friends Last time Labour were in power we were took to war wrongly and ended up bankrupt at the end of them,I understand wanting the government out but be carefull with what we end up with please try and keep the conversation clean and just give a Honest comment not a political shout

I get where you are at and voting for a small party seams a wasted vote. I think I'll be back to lib the middle ground..

And again proportional representation now is looking a better system."

Why?????

Hastings

"Born in the North east I'm supposed to vote Labour but find I don't vote at all now as they both shit for the country,but I can't forget the Conservative party do what's best for them and there cronies friends Last time Labour were in power we were took to war wrongly and ended up bankrupt at the end of them,I understand wanting the government out but be carefull with what we end up with please try and keep the conversation clean and just give a Honest comment not a political shout

Why?????"

More might vote for other options if you vote Green it's generally not a counted vote in real terms same as lib. With first past the post it's a 2 party race.

By *illi3736Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

To be honest neither of the main parties seem to have a vision that chimes with my own at this time. But I cannot forgive the absolute rotten to the core putrid party and policies of this Tory party. They are only interested in filling corporate coffers and that of their friends in high places.

It is time to look at the mess of our infrastructure and the way our young are being exploited with zero hour contracts etc. The game is also up with Brexit the gift that has never ever delivered either.

nr faversham

Why?????

More might vote for other options if you vote Green it's generally not a counted vote in real terms same as lib. With first past the post it's a 2 party race. "

Mass coalition govts are a shambles. It's all tribal If PR existed during the pre Brexit years, ukip would've been sitting on something like 30+MPs. Pie in the sky...but that's not to say the current system is perfect as you get one shower of shite or the other

Hastings

Why?????

More might vote for other options if you vote Green it's generally not a counted vote in real terms same as lib. With first past the post it's a 2 party race.

Mass coalition govts are a shambles. It's all tribal If PR existed during the pre Brexit years, ukip would've been sitting on something like 30+MPs. Pie in the sky...but that's not to say the current system is perfect as you get one shower of shite or the other "

Yep I get that or did more vote UKIP just to put pressure on torys if so I guess that worked. But the greens over the UK get lots of votes but no real seats.

nr faversham

Why?????

Mass coalition govts are a shambles. It's all tribal If PR existed during the pre Brexit years, ukip would've been sitting on something like 30+MPs. Pie in the sky...but that's not to say the current system is perfect as you get one shower of shite or the other

Yep I get that or did more vote UKIP just to put pressure on torys if so I guess that worked. But the greens over the UK get lots of votes but no real seats. "

Hmmm 2-3% of the vote isn't going to get them much more that a handful of seats under PR

golden fields

Why?????

Yep I get that or did more vote UKIP just to put pressure on torys if so I guess that worked. But the greens over the UK get lots of votes but no real seats. "

The Greens have indirectly forced labour to have better environmental policies, to try to win back voters.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

"But the greens over the UK get lots of votes but no real seats. "

The Green Party in Colchester gained 1.4% additional voter share in the 2019 GE, compared to the 2017 GE.

That's what it's about...voting for the future and growing the vote share over time.

nr faversham

Why?????

Yep I get that or did more vote UKIP just to put pressure on torys if so I guess that worked. But the greens over the UK get lots of votes but no real seats.

The Greens have indirectly forced labour to have better environmental policies, to try to win back voters.

"

Over what period

Hastings

"But the greens over the UK get lots of votes but no real seats.

The Green Party in Colchester gained 1.4% additional voter share in the 2019 GE, compared to the 2017 GE.

That's what it's about...voting for the future and growing the vote share over time.

"

So would that share grow quicker if they had 2 seats in the house.

And if its a hung parliament witch buy the way I think it will be again then they would posable have a say.

nr faversham

And if its a hung parliament witch buy the way I think it will be again then they would posable have a say."

Oh, so the minority has the power,?

golden fields

Why?????

Over what period "

Since I've been aware of politics. 20-25 years maybe.

nr faversham

Why?????

Over what period

"

Not a huge influence then

Hinckley

"The Labour party didn't bankrupt us, there was a economic global crisis, of which is not anywhere near as deep as the current one we're being forced into all in aid of tax cuts for the rich. I will not be voting Tory, never in my life time. Racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt. How anyone would vote for them is beyond me, however I understand that some people are more interested in giving themselves a step up on the heads of the vulnerable, so for many a cross in the Tory box is enjoyable to them, knowing their using their rights to remove the rights of others. Sadly that's a hangover of Thatcher years.

I'll likely not vote for Labour. My local authority here has done what they can to impose austerity further than just the Tory government, so I shall never vote labour locally again either. Maybe nationally if Starmer gets the boot.

Good grief. Of course the Labour party didn't bankrupt the country during a global crisis but neither did the Tories during a global pandemic. As for racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt I suggest you watch your words carefully. Saying you'll never vote labour locally again is,I would suggest, fanciful. "

Watch my words carefully? I do. The Conservative party are racist, sexist and bigoted. They are corrupt. We are governed by a fascist subsection of society that believe they are superior and will do whatever they can to hold onto power. Including stirring a storm and exploiting vulnerable people in the process.

That doesn't mean that everyone who votes for them is the same, however anyone who does should understand that they're giving licence for our country to be ran by these people. However, your response of "watch your words" unfortunately is pretty damning of the mentality in this country at the moment. Protest must be stamped out, eh?

The conservative party and their last selection of failed PMs have caused immeasurable damage in a time when we couldn't afford their failures. Liz Trus budget. Boris allowing billions to leave the public purse into private firms ran by Tory funders through covid contracts, David Cameron through austerity and the deliberate deregulation of almost every section of public facing involvement....and people wonder why the country is the worst performing in the western world? You get the leaders you deserve, and sadly we have voted for this knowing what these people are, so we deserve no better.

nr faversham

Good grief. Of course the Labour party didn't bankrupt the country during a global crisis but neither did the Tories during a global pandemic. As for racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt I suggest you watch your words carefully. Saying you'll never vote labour locally again is,I would suggest, fanciful.

Watch my words carefully? I do. The Conservative party are racist, sexist and bigoted. They are corrupt. We are governed by a fascist subsection of society that believe they are superior and will do whatever they can to hold onto power. Including stirring a storm and exploiting vulnerable people in the process.

That doesn't mean that everyone who votes for them is the same, however anyone who does should understand that they're giving licence for our country to be ran by these people. However, your response of "watch your words" unfortunately is pretty damning of the mentality in this country at the moment. Protest must be stamped out, eh?

The conservative party and their last selection of failed PMs have caused immeasurable damage in a time when we couldn't afford their failures. Liz Trus budget. Boris allowing billions to leave the public purse into private firms ran by Tory funders through covid contracts, David Cameron through austerity and the deliberate deregulation of almost every section of public facing involvement....and people wonder why the country is the worst performing in the western world? You get the leaders you deserve, and sadly we have voted for this knowing what these people are, so we deserve no better. "

Libellous

Hinckley

The conservative party and their last selection of failed PMs have caused immeasurable damage in a time when we couldn't afford their failures. Liz Trus budget. Boris allowing billions to leave the public purse into private firms ran by Tory funders through covid contracts, David Cameron through austerity and the deliberate deregulation of almost every section of public facing involvement....and people wonder why the country is the worst performing in the western world? You get the leaders you deserve, and sadly we have voted for this knowing what these people are, so we deserve no better.

Libellous "

You can't just claim something is libellous just because it disagrees with your world view.

Does that mean that the group of senior Tory MPs and previous cabinet members who have called Braverman out for her racism and bigotry are being libellous too?

And people say the left are snowflakes..

golden fields

Why?????

Over what period

Not a huge influence then"

What has the time frame I have been aware of this got to do with the influence?

Smaller parties have an influence. Look at how UKIP pulled the Tories even further to the right.

By *rvineguy79Man  over a year ago

Kilwinning

Good grief. Of course the Labour party didn't bankrupt the country during a global crisis but neither did the Tories during a global pandemic. As for racist, sexist, bigoted and corrupt I suggest you watch your words carefully. Saying you'll never vote labour locally again is,I would suggest, fanciful. "

Labour are scum just like the tories, get a grip of yourself, suppose to vote Labour how about grow a brain cell and vote for who you want rather than some bull carp, I should vote Labour cause my mum did . That kind of stupid thinking is what is wrong with this country

Hastings

And if its a hung parliament witch buy the way I think it will be again then they would posable have a say.

Oh, so the minority has the power,?"

I don't the minority will ever have power but might mean the big to have to work harder.

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

"I'll be voting independent in local council elections

I'll wait for policies for elections.

Neither major party currently have my vote."

This!

Hastings

The conservative party and their last selection of failed PMs have caused immeasurable damage in a time when we couldn't afford their failures. Liz Trus budget. Boris allowing billions to leave the public purse into private firms ran by Tory funders through covid contracts, David Cameron through austerity and the deliberate deregulation of almost every section of public facing involvement....and people wonder why the country is the worst performing in the western world? You get the leaders you deserve, and sadly we have voted for this knowing what these people are, so we deserve no better. "

But would it have been different under corbin and labour? Or just a diferant shit show.

golden fields

But would it have been different under corbin and labour? Or just a diferant shit show."

Presumably there would have been less focus on disaster capitalism, and more to help people.

We will never know.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"

Libellous "

I echo everything you claim to be libellous. Looking forward to seeing you in court.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

But would it have been different under corbin and labour? Or just a diferant shit show."

In my lifetime, there have only been two politicians who were capable of really changing the entire look of the country.

One of those people was Margaret Thatcher and her legacy as a PM is undeniable - whether we approve of what she did or not. She absolutely changed the country.

Jeremy Corbyn would also have radically changed the country, but he was never able to get the top job and so his changes can only ever be pondered. I personally think that the country would have been less intolerant under Corbyn and I think that we would all have fared better with Covid and the current energy and cost of living crisis. The NHS would have been in a much better place than it is now had Corbyn got elected. I think that he would have fucked up with Ukraine and the legacy of that would have been disastrous. You just can’t be a pacifist in the face of an aggressor who sees the fall of the Soviet Union as a “mistake that needs correcting.”

North West

Why are they both shit for the country?

In 2008, GDP per head of population was the highest it s ever been and it hasn’t got back to that level at any time in the last 15 years. The NHS didn’t have ridiculous waiting lists and it was fully staffed. Our rivers were cleaner and our beaches were cleaner. We were not getting boldly ripped off by energy suppliers and there was a good selection of food in our supermarkets.

We have never been richer than we were in 2008 and nothing that benefits ordinary people has got better since 2008.

I’d say that when it comes to the economy, the last Labour Government did far better than any variant of the Conservative Government since 2010. I mean, everyone jokes about the debt when Labour left office after the global financial crisis but it has grown almost exponentially with the last 13 years of Conservatism.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

I don't really want to vote for either of them. The Conservatives seem to be a mess but Labour have drifted so far away from their core support (workers) and they haven't really proved to me what they would do differently.

Right now the main thing that would swing it for me (to vote Tory) is Sadiq Khan and the mess he's making of London- I can't trust Labour anymore. I'd likely vote Tory as I respect the Tory councils who are taking Khan to court over the ULEZ expansion.

Hastings

But would it have been different under corbin and labour? Or just a diferant shit show.

In my lifetime, there have only been two politicians who were capable of really changing the entire look of the country.

One of those people was Margaret Thatcher and her legacy as a PM is undeniable - whether we approve of what she did or not. She absolutely changed the country.

Jeremy Corbyn would also have radically changed the country, but he was never able to get the top job and so his changes can only ever be pondered. I personally think that the country would have been less intolerant under Corbyn and I think that we would all have fared better with Covid and the current energy and cost of living crisis. The NHS would have been in a much better place than it is now had Corbyn got elected. I think that he would have fucked up with Ukraine and the legacy of that would have been disastrous. You just can’t be a pacifist in the face of an aggressor who sees the fall of the Soviet Union as a “mistake that needs correcting.”"

But to survive Thatcher sold everything.

That is why the rivers and water system is in the shit. Energy is so high as shareholders need a return. And as for selling social housing what has that led to of a housing problem. All down to Thatcherism she did OK to start with but like all politicians good greedy.

Hastings

"I don't really want to vote for either of them. The Conservatives seem to be a mess but Labour have drifted so far away from their core support (workers) and they haven't really proved to me what they would do differently.

Right now the main thing that would swing it for me (to vote Tory) is Sadiq Khan and the mess he's making of London- I can't trust Labour anymore. I'd likely vote Tory as I respect the Tory councils who are taking Khan to court over the ULEZ expansion."

Then don't vote Green or lib but like you is it just a wasted vote we don't know if we don't do it.

UKIP made others stand up and pay attention.

By *ortyairCouple  over a year ago

Wallasey

Could never vote Tory. Lying, self serving, corrupt, that's who haven't got a moral compass between them.

Will vote Labour just to get rid of these charlatans. I like to such cock but these cocksuckers are in a different league to me.

That said I hear they throw a good party x

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Liz Truss speaking at The Heritage Trust (American right wing funded):

“The average GDP per capita in the UK is now 30% less than it is in the US. That is not a good position to be in. It was much closer two decades ago."

The UK two decades ago? That will be when the Labour party was in Govt right?

North West

"I don't really want to vote for either of them. The Conservatives seem to be a mess but Labour have drifted so far away from their core support (workers) and they haven't really proved to me what they would do differently.

Right now the main thing that would swing it for me (to vote Tory) is Sadiq Khan and the mess he's making of London- I can't trust Labour anymore. I'd likely vote Tory as I respect the Tory councils who are taking Khan to court over the ULEZ expansion."

Think about what you are voting against and the direction that the entire world is going. Clean energy, clean air, social awareness and the right to not breathe in polluted air is the future for the planet.

I too love the sound and power that comes from a mighty V8, but we finished with those things - they are part of history.

We can try to keep pushing water up a hill, but ultimately - we will see the futility of it.

Perhaps you should look to affect the change of direction from within, rather than try to deny the inevitable?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just do not vote for any political party, see what they come up with then.

Hastings

Right now the main thing that would swing it for me (to vote Tory) is Sadiq Khan and the mess he's making of London- I can't trust Labour anymore. I'd likely vote Tory as I respect the Tory councils who are taking Khan to court over the ULEZ expansion.

Think about what you are voting against and the direction that the entire world is going. Clean energy, clean air, social awareness and the right to not breathe in polluted air is the future for the planet.

I too love the sound and power that comes from a mighty V8, but we finished with those things - they are part of history.

We can try to keep pushing water up a hill, but ultimately - we will see the futility of it.

Perhaps you should look to affect the change of direction from within, rather than try to deny the inevitable?"

If that was the case should the hole of the UK not be part of the ULEZ in August that would be fair why just the bit round London do vehicles in the rest of the UK create different emissions.

Hinckley

Labour are scum just like the tories, get a grip of yourself, suppose to vote Labour how about grow a brain cell and vote for who you want rather than some bull carp, I should vote Labour cause my mum did . That kind of stupid thinking is what is wrong with this country

"

Well done. You've just shown completely that you clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about, you only seem interested in offending people. So, if according to your logic I'm not allowed to vote labour, you also say I shouldn't vote Tory. So, who do you give permission for people to vote for? What an idiot.

Hinckley

"Liz Truss speaking at The Heritage Trust (American right wing funded):

“The average GDP per capita in the UK is now 30% less than it is in the US. That is not a good position to be in. It was much closer two decades ago."

The UK two decades ago? That will be when the Labour party was in Govt right?"

All evidence, both measured through the metric of economics and socially show the damage the Tories have caused to this country. They know it, but they don't care as long as they cling on to power. In the next year or so we'll see loads of racially charged policies built to divide us.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Neither conservative or Labour for me at the next GE. I will lend my vote to one of the smaller parties or an independent

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

I vote for anyone who will get rid of LTN's as they are actually counter productive

» Add a new message to this topic