FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Crucible protesters

Crucible protesters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Climate protesters I believe... surely just going to piss people off?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

nr faversham

Just stop oil...it seems

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

[Removed by poster at 17/04/23 21:26:30]

Hastings

"Just stop oil...it seems "

Make them pay for the delays, cost of refunded tickets, Hotel and travel for people that have there event disrupted and clean up posable re covering the tables cleaning carpets and the auditorium, Cameras lighting..

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Climate protesters I believe... surely just going to piss people off?"
that's what they intialy said about the suffragettes and Martin Luther king but they prevailed in the end .

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Climate protesters I believe... surely just going to piss people off?that's what they intialy said about the suffragettes and Martin Luther king but they prevailed in the end ."

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"Climate protesters I believe... surely just going to piss people off?that's what they intialy said about the suffragettes and Martin Luther king but they prevailed in the end .

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?"

The actual reason. Not destroying the planet and not living in racist societies. Both good causes (for most people).

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"Climate protesters I believe... surely just going to piss people off?that's what they intialy said about the suffragettes and Martin Luther king but they prevailed in the end .

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?"

protesting to be heard you can stand on college green in your thousands and noisily protest everyday and it wont be deemed newsworthy but throw a bit of paint powder and its headlines everywhere job done no publicity is bad publicity

Terra Firma

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?protesting to be heard you can stand on college green in your thousands and noisily protest everyday and it wont be deemed newsworthy but throw a bit of paint powder and its headlines everywhere job done no publicity is bad publicity "

I’m not sure that’s working for just stop oil. They have painted themselves literally in a bad light amongst the public for the disruption they caused last year.

I’m also not convinced they will draw anymore support than they have if they continue with this approach. They seem to need some PR advice and I’m not saying that sarcastically, if they want to attract support they need to know how.

Hastings

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?

The actual reason. Not destroying the planet and not living in racist societies. Both good causes (for most people).

"

So what next jump on stage at a top theater and spoil a show for the audience.

Would you get your money back!

What about the train cost ETC don't think the suffragettes interrupted other people to this level.

golden fields

What about the train cost ETC don't think the suffragettes interrupted other people to this level. "

You should read about what the suffragettes did then.

Hastings

What about the train cost ETC don't think the suffragettes interrupted other people to this level.

You should read about what the suffragettes did then. "

I will when I get time but I doubt it will be close to the cost of "No more oil" stopping the snooker could add up to £1million in it self letalone the cost of closing the M25 and getting them down? Why should the tax payer pick up the cost when there is no viable alternative.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I will when I get time but I doubt it will be close to the cost of "No more oil" stopping the snooker could add up to £1million in it self letalone the cost of closing the M25 and getting them down? Why should the tax payer pick up the cost when there is no viable alternative."

The suffragettes tried to stop a horse race, just like they tried to stop the gran National last weekend

nr faversham

I will when I get time but I doubt it will be close to the cost of "No more oil" stopping the snooker could add up to £1million in it self letalone the cost of closing the M25 and getting them down? Why should the tax payer pick up the cost when there is no viable alternative.

The suffragettes tried to stop a horse race, just like they tried to stop the gran National last weekend "

Are you supporting the actions of the protesters?

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?protesting to be heard you can stand on college green in your thousands and noisily protest everyday and it wont be deemed newsworthy but throw a bit of paint powder and its headlines everywhere job done no publicity is bad publicity

I’m not sure that’s working for just stop oil. They have painted themselves literally in a bad light amongst the public for the disruption they caused last year.

I’m also not convinced they will draw anymore support than they have if they continue with this approach. They seem to need some PR advice and I’m not saying that sarcastically, if they want to attract support they need to know how."

They seem to be targeting ordinary people and wanting to disrupt their daily lives and leisure activities. I assume in the hope that those affected will try to bring about change. It may work but it could go the other way, especially if lives are put at risk.

What’s the connection? Protesting = must be right? or the actual reason they are protesting?protesting to be heard you can stand on college green in your thousands and noisily protest everyday and it wont be deemed newsworthy but throw a bit of paint powder and its headlines everywhere job done no publicity is bad publicity

I’m also not convinced they will draw anymore support than they have if they continue with this approach. They seem to need some PR advice and I’m not saying that sarcastically, if they want to attract support they need to know how.

They seem to be targeting ordinary people and wanting to disrupt their daily lives and leisure activities. I assume in the hope that those affected will try to bring about change. It may work but it could go the other way, especially if lives are put at risk."

If these silly escapades persist then, surely, it's just a matter of time until one of these selfish reprobates finds themselves on the receiving end of a 'good drubbing'.......

They seem to be targeting ordinary people and wanting to disrupt their daily lives and leisure activities. I assume in the hope that those affected will try to bring about change. It may work but it could go the other way, especially if lives are put at risk.

If these silly escapades persist then, surely, it's just a matter of time until one of these selfish reprobates finds themselves on the receiving end of a 'good drubbing'....... "

Whoever does the good drubbing will (quite rightly ) be spending time in prison

The suffragettes tried to stop a horse race, just like they tried to stop the gran National last weekend

Are you supporting the actions of the protesters?"

I support their aims

nr faversham

I support their aims "

That wasn't the question

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

playing or watching snooker does not consume much oil or damage the environment why do these nutters target snooker rather than government oil refinery's or event petrol stations ?

I support their aims

That wasn't the question "

I support their aims, I think they could achieve them in a different way but I understand why they are doing this , it gets publicity

nr faversham

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

I support their aims, I think they could achieve them in a different way but I understand why they are doing this , it gets publicity "

How about we dispense with the political responses and you give a simple yes or no...are you supporting their actions?

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

I support their aims, I think they could achieve them in a different way but I understand why they are doing this , it gets publicity

How about we dispense with the political responses and you give a simple yes or no...are you supporting their actions? "

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

Has it worked? Yes, they have gained publicity

nr faversham

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

How about we dispense with the political responses and you give a simple yes or no...are you supporting their actions?

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

"

Incapable of a yes or no. I'll bear that in mind for future forums.

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

Incapable of a yes or no. I'll bear that in mind for future forums. "

Incapable of reading. I’ll bear that in mind for future forums

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Maybe they protested at the tournament as it’s sponsered by Cazoo the car dealing folk ?

Not sure it’s publicity is all helpful to their cause .

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

Incapable of reading. I’ll bear that in mind for future forums "

Let's make it simple.

Do you support their actions at the crucible?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

They are bloody stupid idiots

nr faversham

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

Incapable of reading. I’ll bear that in mind for future forums

Let's make it simple.

Do you support their actions at the crucible?"

You won't get a straight answer...which means, according to chummy, you can't read

nr faversham

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

Incapable of reading. I’ll bear that in mind for future forums "

Clarify that statement

Hastings

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

How about we dispense with the political responses and you give a simple yes or no...are you supporting their actions? "

No as there is no viable alternative yet.

Hastings

I support their aims

That wasn't the question

All of them? No

Some of them ? Yes

"

No it has not worked we are still burning oil and refining it to use and make things from.

I don't see PVC, rubber, plastic, polyester ever going away so oil will be needed.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"I don't see PVC, rubber, plastic, polyester ever going away so oil will be needed."

Rubber is a natural product, it comes from trees

But your point is a valid one. We simply can't manage without plastics, so we're going to continue to need oil for some time.

nr faversham

Right, I'm getting fed up with this. The question is are their actions going to piss people off. Nothing more.

golden fields

"Right, I'm getting fed up with this. The question is are their actions going to piss people off. Nothing more. "

It will definitely piss off people who think snooker is more important than climate change.

Some people will think it's a good thing that attention is brought to an important issue. They won't be pissed off.

And others won't give a shit either way. They also won't be pissed off.

Hastings

"Right, I'm getting fed up with this. The question is are their actions going to piss people off. Nothing more. "

As said yes

Make them pay compensation to anyone inconvenienced buy there action.

Hastings

"Right, I'm getting fed up with this. The question is are their actions going to piss people off. Nothing more.

It will definitely piss off people who think snooker is more important than climate change.

Some people will think it's a good thing that attention is brought to an important issue. They won't be pissed off.

And others won't give a shit either way. They also won't be pissed off. "

If you payed for a ticket to watch that game. Traveled to the area payed for a hotel etc you would be pissed off. Letalone the time off work lost.

IF..... these reprobates escalate their silly actions to a more regular occurence then, yes, the general public shall become very aware and not in sympathy with them.

It will end in (public) anger, more legislation, more anger and these selfish idiots will have lots of 'publicity', the vast majority of which will be negative, making their 'efforts' meaningless.

Worst case scenario would be, as I suggested earlier, violence, possibly serious injuries as a result, or worse.

Another possibility, concerning sudden road attacks by them, is the risk of emergency vehicles becoming delayed or held up on some vital call resulting in.......at the extreme..... death???

How would these fools and their sympathisers look after creating such a possible outrage..??

Imprisonment or even 'climate change' would be the least problem of anyone instigating or carrying out such a 'protest'

So, my answer to your question is...., yes, indeed, the ones who would ultimately suffer as a direct result of these silly stunts, i.e. innocent and mainly hard working folks, would have EVERY reason to be, at the very least, 'pissed off'

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

PDI

I see this weekend as a potential watershed moment if their (rumoured) disruption of the London Marathon goes ahead

"I see this weekend as a potential watershed moment if their (rumoured) disruption of the London Marathon goes ahead"

They have no plans to disrupt the marathon, if they do , it would be a huge mistake

Hastings

"I see this weekend as a potential watershed moment if their (rumoured) disruption of the London Marathon goes ahead

They have no plans to disrupt the marathon, if they do , it would be a huge mistake "

But I guess it would be an easy target pick a narrow part get lots to lay down so runners can't pass.

Guess people do fly in to this event. Making it in there eyes a valid protest.

But it raises money for charity so the public and myself would not be sympathetic to wards them. Mut its going to be a difficult one to police.

"I see this weekend as a potential watershed moment if their (rumoured) disruption of the London Marathon goes ahead

They have no plans to disrupt the marathon, if they do , it would be a huge mistake

But I guess it would be an easy target pick a narrow part get lots to lay down so runners can't pass.

But it raises money for charity so the public and myself would not be sympathetic to wards them. Mut its going to be a difficult one to police."

As far as I am aware they have stated they won’t disrupt the marathon

Terra Firma

But it raises money for charity so the public and myself would not be sympathetic to wards them. Mut its going to be a difficult one to police.

As far as I am aware they have stated they won’t disrupt the marathon "

XR have said they have no plans to disrupt the marathon, just stop oil on the other hand are committed to disruption of sporting events.... We shall see if they can score an own goal on Sunday

XR have said they have no plans to disrupt the marathon, just stop oil on the other hand are committed to disruption of sporting events.... We shall see if they can score an own goal on Sunday"

I bet they will.

The thing with all revolutionary radical movements... they always eat themselves in the end. Watch XR get discredited by the radical environmentalist ultras now with their open declaration of not disrupting/helping to police the London Marathon.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Check out their Twitter a veiled threat perhaps

Wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility for them to attempt to get on the route and attempt a slow walk on the route.

Clowns.

Terra Firma

"Check out their Twitter a veiled threat perhaps

Wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility for them to attempt to get on the route and attempt a slow walk on the route.

Clowns. "

I have just read that 2 just stop oil protesters have been jailed today for bringing the Dartford crossing to a halt.

1 got 3 years and the other 2 years 7 months.

Might rile them up Sunday or give them a reality check. I'm not sure they can help themselves though....

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Clowns.

I have just read that 2 just stop oil protesters have been jailed today for bringing the Dartford crossing to a halt.

Might rile them up Sunday or give them a reality check. I'm not sure they can help themselves though...."

Nice sentence that.

golden fields

XR have said they have no plans to disrupt the marathon, just stop oil on the other hand are committed to disruption of sporting events.... We shall see if they can score an own goal on Sunday

I bet they will.

The thing with all revolutionary radical movements... they always eat themselves in the end. Watch XR get discredited by the radical environmentalist ultras now with their open declaration of not disrupting/helping to police the London Marathon. "

Suffrage movement didn't eat themselves in the end. They won.

By *eroy1000Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Clowns.

Might rile them up Sunday or give them a reality check. I'm not sure they can help themselves though...."

Seems quite a long sentence, though maybe it is deserved. I see a headline that someone to do with snooker is planning to sue the person that disrupted the snooker tournament the other day.

By *addad99Man  over a year ago

Rotherham /newquay

Clowns.

Might rile them up Sunday or give them a reality check. I'm not sure they can help themselves though....

Seems quite a long sentence, though maybe it is deserved. I see a headline that someone to do with snooker is planning to sue the person that disrupted the snooker tournament the other day."

yeah they are making about 400 private prosecution's claiming refunds against the protesters hope they will

Bournemouth

I bet they will.

The thing with all revolutionary radical movements... they always eat themselves in the end. Watch XR get discredited by the radical environmentalist ultras now with their open declaration of not disrupting/helping to police the London Marathon.

Suffrage movement didn't eat themselves in the end. They won. "

The suffragettes had a lot of sympathisers. I don't see anyone outside of XR sympathising with them.

golden fields

I bet they will.

The suffragettes had a lot of sympathisers. I don't see anyone outside of XR sympathising with them."

Maybe, but they were a radical movement that didn't "eat themselves".

Bournemouth

I bet they will.

The suffragettes had a lot of sympathisers. I don't see anyone outside of XR sympathising with them.

"

They're not even close to being the same though. Not comparable in any way

I bet they will.

Suffrage movement didn't eat themselves in the end. They won. "

Completely different circumstances at the very least, comparing the actions of the then suffragism movement with these latter day 'protestors'.

The brave campaigners of over one hundred years ago were always destined to have their legitimate demands addressed and, ultimately, resolved favourably. The women of that day were just as equal as their menfolk, they bore children, looked after the home, cleaning, cooking, etc. (as was the norm back then, the rights and wrongs of that social order is another debate).

Those (mainly but not exclusively) women of whom each sacrificed almost everything, did so not to 'win', or 'earn' or 'granted', nor even 'allowed', a say in the running of their country...., those women fought for what should naturally have been theirs as a RIGHT, exactly as the men of the time.

To compare the two is, in my opinion, not valid.

golden fields

I bet they will.

They're not even close to being the same though. Not comparable in any way"

Not saying they are the same. Just that they were both considered radical movements.

golden fields

I bet they will.

Completely different circumstances at the very least, comparing the actions of the then suffragism movement with these latter day 'protestors'.

The brave campaigners of over one hundred years ago were always destined to have their legitimate demands addressed and, ultimately, resolved favourably. The women of that day were just as equal as their menfolk, they bore children, looked after the home, cleaning, cooking, etc. (as was the norm back then, the rights and wrongs of that social order is another debate).

Those (mainly but not exclusively) women of whom each sacrificed almost everything, did so not to 'win', or 'earn' or 'granted', nor even 'allowed', a say in the running of their country...., those women fought for what should naturally have been theirs as a RIGHT, exactly as the men of the time.

To compare the two is, in my opinion, not valid."

Hopefully climate change can be addressed too.

Oh, and another penn'orth of thought from the not unreasonable Nightingale mind......

I read of certain 'protestors'(sic) offering not to disrupt tomorrows events in their inimitable ways, but rather assist in 'any way they can'..?

A kind of 'Trojan horse' scenario springs forth, as these people are proven to be of quite an untrustworthy and rather selfish nature, maybe this scenario is the great plan for maximum outrage at the events........??!!

I DO hope the organisers, if approached with such 'generous offerings', do the right thing by all and, metaphorically, 'show them the door'..!

I bet they will.

Hopefully climate change can be addressed too. "

Mother Earth shall always prevail.

golden fields

I bet they will.

Mother Earth shall always prevail. "

Aight, but humanity may not.

"

Not saying they are the same. Just that they were both considered radical movements."

You really ought to reign in that horse of yours Dear, it seems to do a lot of 'backtrotting'....

Well, I'm off now to Sainsbury's in my (other) Jaguar, 5.3 litres of heaven..... in MY opinion...!!

golden fields

"

Not saying they are the same. Just that they were both considered radical movements.

You really ought to reign in that horse of yours Dear, it seems to do a lot of 'backtrotting'....

Well, I'm off now to Sainsbury's in my (other) Jaguar, 5.3 litres of heaven..... in MY opinion...!! "

No "backtrotting". Just highlighting what I actually said, and dismissing what other people are trying to make it look like I said.

Which is sadly what I spend half my time here doing.

Enjoy Sainsburys.

nr faversham

I bet they will.

Mother Earth shall always prevail.

Aight, but humanity may not."

Since humanity is apparently the cause, maybe that's a good thing

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

[Removed by poster at 22/04/23 16:12:32]

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

A couple of protestors got two years seven months and three years respectively for climbing up on the Dartford Crossing bridge last year. Long overdue that these brainwashed idiots start doing porridge.

You aren't going to stop climate change by causing a fuss. You need to convince poor people in foreign countries not to work in factories and industries that generate lots of carbon.

Good luck with that.

By *elanie de la CoeurTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin

Just stop snooker

Bloody awful "sport" lol

By *ired_upMan  over a year ago

ashton

XR and just stop oil just did 2 days protest in central London, they targeted Westminster and Tufting Street. They have blockaded oil refineries, protested at oil companies and it's not done anything.

They are not here to win your support. Environmental protest has gone on for decades, asking politely, pointing to the science, giving us plenty of time to make changes but we are headed for destruction.

A lack of action has made these 'extreem' protests needed as people diddnt listen to the previous 3 decades.

"XR and just stop oil just did 2 days protest in central London, they targeted Westminster and Tufting Street. They have blockaded oil refineries, protested at oil companies and it's not done anything.

They are not here to win your support. Environmental protest has gone on for decades, asking politely, pointing to the science, giving us plenty of time to make changes but we are headed for destruction.

A lack of action has made these 'extreem' protests needed as people diddnt listen to the previous 3 decades.

"

Nobody is listening to them because everyone can see that they are just a bunch of spoilt white middle class trustafarians who haven't got a clue about reality.

They should just be locked up in cages without heating or electricity and fed bugs and rainwater for a few years. See how committed they are.

By *ired_upMan  over a year ago

ashton

"XR and just stop oil just did 2 days protest in central London, they targeted Westminster and Tufting Street. They have blockaded oil refineries, protested at oil companies and it's not done anything.

Nobody is listening to them because everyone can see that they are just a bunch of spoilt white middle class trustafarians who haven't got a clue about reality.

They should just be locked up in cages without heating or electricity and fed bugs and rainwater for a few years. See how committed they are."

Sorry, you quoted me but diddnt make any points related to my post.

Terra Firma

"

Lack of action? What do you want to happen right now, let’s start there.

» Add a new message to this topic