FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > sunday big alarmsoundind

sunday big alarmsoundind

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rincessvenus OP   Couple  over a year ago

Hull

weeve gothis far without it why do we need it now ohhh no is big brother watching again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atssleepanywhereTV/TS  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Might be a good idea to turn burner phones completely off until the test has been done

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Invest in tin foil

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's an early warning system. You can disable it if you don't want to be warned of floods, fires etc

Be interesting to go round the dogging sites today around 3pm lol

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

If there is a tidal wave heading for land locked Buckinghamshire you can bet your arse I want to hear about it.

"Invest in tin foil "

Does that work?

Knowing these Muppets over here in the UK, they'll be setting off Alerts for all sorts of bollocks reasons, a tree falling over 300 miles away from me nonsense

"It's an early warning system. You can disable it if you don't want to be warned of floods, fires etc"

Or even a runaway haggis rumbling down princess street in Edinburgh... 200 fookin miles away from me

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Planned for years, it's great it's been tested. It was very low key on my phone.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Planned for years, it's great it's been tested. It was very low key on my phone. "

Yes, nowhere near as loud and alarming as I was expecting.

I got a second surprise one as I was driving. Presumably I went into a different zone and got theirs too.

By *xhib12Man  over a year ago

Blyth

Eight of us in our house today. Five phones went off at 14.59.

One went off at 15.01 and then again about 10 minutes later. The other two didn't go off at all. All similar phones and nothing turned off at all. Puzzled!

It's just about ramping up the fear again. There was an article in a broadsheet newspaper a few days ago suggesting that Russia is preparing to attack the UK, obviously another security service plant.

Probably because of the military leaks in the US that reveal that Ukraine isn't winning after all, surprisingly. They need to ramp up the fear index to push us back to being compliant.

By *alking HeadMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"It's just about ramping up the fear again. There was an article in a broadsheet newspaper a few days ago suggesting that Russia is preparing to attack the UK, obviously another security service plant.

Probably because of the military leaks in the US that reveal that Ukraine isn't winning after all, surprisingly. They need to ramp up the fear index to push us back to being compliant."

Were we not compliant before? We must be one of the most docile countries in the world.

By *illan-KillashMan  over a year ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"It's just about ramping up the fear again. There was an article in a broadsheet newspaper a few days ago suggesting that Russia is preparing to attack the UK, obviously another security service plant.

Probably because of the military leaks in the US that reveal that Ukraine isn't winning after all, surprisingly. They need to ramp up the fear index to push us back to being compliant."

You know this test was originally scheduled long before Russia invaded the Ukraine, but was postponed due to covid........

By *athers123Man  over a year ago

Harpenden

"It's an early warning system. You can disable it if you don't want to be warned of floods, fires etc

Or even a runaway haggis rumbling down princess street in Edinburgh... 200 fookin miles away from me "

The alerts will be sent out in the area that the alert is relevant to. It gets pushed to the cells in area that the alert is for. Today was a national test. When a damn was about to burst in hebden bridge it would have been useful to send an alert to everyone in the area.

By *athers123Man  over a year ago

Harpenden

" weeve gothis far without it why do we need it now ohhh no is big brother watching again"

It's a broadcast message picked up by a phone. Nothing is sent back from your phone to the network...how is anyone watching via a broadcast message?

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

No sign of a test alert on my phone,

Bolton

" weeve gothis far without it why do we need it now ohhh no is big brother watching again

It's a broadcast message picked up by a phone. Nothing is sent back from your phone to the network...how is anyone watching via a broadcast message?"

Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app? Western governments are paranoid enough to stop civil servants from using Chinese made phones for business and government use. It's hardly 22nd century tech!

By *illan-KillashMan  over a year ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

" weeve gothis far without it why do we need it now ohhh no is big brother watching again

It's a broadcast message picked up by a phone. Nothing is sent back from your phone to the network...how is anyone watching via a broadcast message?

Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app? Western governments are paranoid enough to stop civil servants from using Chinese made phones for business and government use. It's hardly 22nd century tech!"

I love how you opened with "Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app?"

And followed up with "Western governments are paranoid......."

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

"Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app? Western governments are paranoid enough to stop civil servants from using Chinese made phones for business and government use. It's hardly 22nd century tech!"

"I love how you opened with "Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app?"

And followed up with "Western governments are paranoid.......""

For me it's the idea that 'they' are able to sneak hidden spyware onto every phone in the country, but they need the user to press a button to start it.

Hmm did you ever think that it's a ruse. Odd that the leak came right at the most opportune time. Hell the UK took a body dressed it up in a officer uniform with " Top-secret" documents and threw him in the channel. The Germans fell for the disinformation.

Bolton

Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app? Western governments are paranoid enough to stop civil servants from using Chinese made phones for business and government use. It's hardly 22nd century tech!

I love how you opened with "Could the act of acknowledging the test be enough to startup a hidden spying malware app?"

"

You think I'm daft enough to buy into a conspiracy theory that says a government wants to know the content of everyone's emails, texts, phonecalls and whereabouts??? Why would they? They're happy enough for us to spy on ourselves and grass each other up because we're being "good citizens"! You don't need tech to monitor people.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

Anyone notice that while the contract was originally awarded to Fujitsu, they then sub contracted it to Infosys. The company founded by Rishi Sunak’s father-in-law that his wife has a large shareholding in (held offshore in Mauritius to avoid tax in India).

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

You think I'm daft enough to buy into a conspiracy theory that says a government wants to know the content of everyone's emails, texts, phonecalls and whereabouts??? Why would they? They're happy enough for us to spy on ourselves and grass each other up because we're being "good citizens"! You don't need tech to monitor people. "

The Tories couldn't even organise a discreet wine + cheese party without a national scandal, so anything more sophisticated is a bit far fetched.

Brighton

"Anyone notice that while the contract was originally awarded to Fujitsu, they then sub contracted it to Infosys. The company founded by Rishi Sunak’s father-in-law that his wife has a large shareholding in (held offshore in Mauritius to avoid tax in India)."

CORRECTION - Infosys were not involved. My mistake hands up!

A government spokesperson told Full Fact: “This is completely untrue - there are no connections with Infosys in the running of the Emergency Alerts system.”

A spokesperson for Infosys also said: “Infosys has not been involved, directly or indirectly, in the creation of the UK government emergency alert system.”

By *astandFeistyCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Anyone notice that while the contract was originally awarded to Fujitsu, they then sub contracted it to Infosys. The company founded by Rishi Sunak’s father-in-law that his wife has a large shareholding in (held offshore in Mauritius to avoid tax in India).

A government spokesperson told Full Fact: “This is completely untrue - there are no connections with Infosys in the running of the Emergency Alerts system.”

A spokesperson for Infosys also said: “Infosys has not been involved, directly or indirectly, in the creation of the UK government emergency alert system.”"

You need to stay off twitter Well unless you're just looking for titty pics

Gotta say, this is very unlike you, you dont normally post stuff that you can't corroborate but a massive clap of the hands for the correction, it's good to see

Brighton

"Anyone notice that while the contract was originally awarded to Fujitsu, they then sub contracted it to Infosys. The company founded by Rishi Sunak’s father-in-law that his wife has a large shareholding in (held offshore in Mauritius to avoid tax in India).

A spokesperson for Infosys also said: “Infosys has not been involved, directly or indirectly, in the creation of the UK government emergency alert system.”

Gotta say, this is very unlike you, you dont normally post stuff that you can't corroborate but a massive clap of the hands for the correction, it's good to see "

I’m a big boy (oo er missus) so when I am wrong I am wrong and will admit it. My excuse is it has been a busy couple of weeks and I’m knackered!

Bournemouth

Gotta say, this is very unlike you, you dont normally post stuff that you can't corroborate but a massive clap of the hands for the correction, it's good to see

I’m a big boy (oo er missus) so when I am wrong I am wrong and will admit it. My excuse is it has been a busy couple of weeks and I’m knackered!"

Haha. Do you think that it's possible the nepotism of the last few years has clouded your judgement?

Brighton

I’m a big boy (oo er missus) so when I am wrong I am wrong and will admit it. My excuse is it has been a busy couple of weeks and I’m knackered!

Haha. Do you think that it's possible the nepotism of the last few years has clouded your judgement?"

Possibly. The corruption (goes way further than nepotism) makes me angry. They have st0len our money in broad daylight and yet I see people defending them. The whole non-dom, green card, offshore trust, awarding of significant taxpayer funds to failing companies they have an interest in, development of govt policy that benefits companies they have an interest in etc just leaves a very bad taste.

Also the sheer hypocrisy around Infosys, a company (yes an Indian company) that continues to trade in Russia despite British companies being told by Sunak to stop trading in Russia. Guess which company has benefitted from British tech firms withdrawing? And who benefits if profits at Infosys go up? Not illegal but doesn’t strike me as ethical.

Some people on here see that as me being partisan or anti-tory when in fact I am just anti-corruption and blatant exploitation of the rules for personal gain at expense of taxpayers.

Bournemouth

Haha. Do you think that it's possible the nepotism of the last few years has clouded your judgement?

Possibly. The corruption (goes way further than nepotism) makes me angry. They have st0len our money in broad daylight and yet I see people defending them. The whole non-dom, green card, offshore trust, awarding of significant taxpayer funds to failing companies they have an interest in, development of govt policy that benefits companies they have an interest in etc just leaves a very bad taste.

Also the sheer hypocrisy around Infosys, a company (yes an Indian company) that continues to trade in Russia despite British companies being told by Sunak to stop trading in Russia. Guess which company has benefitted from British tech firms withdrawing? And who benefits if profits at Infosys go up? Not illegal but doesn’t strike me as ethical.

Some people on here see that as me being partisan or anti-tory when in fact I am just anti-corruption and blatant exploitation of the rules for personal gain at expense of taxpayers."

I know how you feel about it because you don't mince your words.

What I personally see here is just a rant against Sunak/Murthy when the thread has nothing to do with them. See it on the other thread too where they were also falsely accused.

Just about everything you have said here has been discussed at length on individual topics.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Both our personal phones are on Three so we and they didn't goofy. Hibby's work phone uses Vodaphone and that didn't work either.

That said we were staying in Manchester that day and did notice signal where we were was utterly appalling.

Brighton

Some people on here see that as me being partisan or anti-tory when in fact I am just anti-corruption and blatant exploitation of the rules for personal gain at expense of taxpayers.

What I personally see here is just a rant against Sunak/Murthy when the thread has nothing to do with them. See it on the other thread too where they were also falsely accused.

Just about everything you have said here has been discussed at length on individual topics."

Well I can’t turn back the clock (or edit old posts) and held my hands up over the Infosys claim. The rest was in response to you rather than a rant which implies a lack of consideration which clearly isn’t the case

Bournemouth

Just about everything you have said here has been discussed at length on individual topics.

Well I can’t turn back the clock (or edit old posts) and held my hands up over the Infosys claim. The rest was in response to you rather than a rant which implies a lack of consideration which clearly isn’t the case "

Oh it is what it is. I praise you for holding your hands up.

» Add a new message to this topic