FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump/Brexit Derangement Syndrome

Trump/Brexit Derangement Syndrome

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    48 weeks ago

So it's been a bad week for the deranged Trump/Brexit Russia conspiracy theorists.

First the Durham Report in the US finds that there was no justification for investigating Trump's alleged Russian links in the first place.

And then Arron Banks is awarded millions in his libel legal costs against Remoaner darling Observer "reporter" Carol Cadwalladr.

Russian interference in the Trump Presidential and Brexit campaigns has been shown to be a dark and deranged fantasy.

These two events raise serious concerns obviously about the political bias of government institutions, and the extent to which "newspapers" like the Guardian/Observer have simply become campaign rags for particular causes.

But what is it about Trump and Brexit that has left so many people mentally unhinged?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ools and the brainCouple 48 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Vaccine side effects

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"So it's been a bad week for the deranged Trump/Brexit Russia conspiracy theorists.

First the Durham Report in the US finds that there was no justification for investigating Trump's alleged Russian links in the first place.

And then Arron Banks is awarded millions in his libel legal costs against Remoaner darling Observer "reporter" Carol Cadwalladr.

Russian interference in the Trump Presidential and Brexit campaigns has been shown to be a dark and deranged fantasy.

These two events raise serious concerns obviously about the political bias of government institutions, and the extent to which "newspapers" like the Guardian/Observer have simply become campaign rags for particular causes.

But what is it about Trump and Brexit that has left so many people mentally unhinged?"

Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’

"So it's been a bad week for the deranged Trump/Brexit Russia conspiracy theorists.

But what is it about Trump and Brexit that has left so many people mentally unhinged?

Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’"

Further to this, the links between Banks and Russia weren’t part of this appeal - only that his reputation had been harmed by continued publication of his Ted talk.

The public interest part of the appeal was lost by Banks.

By *astandFeistyCouple 48 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’"

He was also awarded 'legal costs' which was the claim. It's believed to possibly be in the region of £2m from Cadwalladr.

I'd say that's 'millions'

Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’

He was also awarded 'legal costs' which was the claim. It's believed to possibly be in the region of £2m from Cadwalladr.

I'd say that's 'millions'"

Did he lose 2 out of his 3 appeals? Including the one on public interest in his links with Russia?

Bournemouth

Did he lose 2 out of his 3 appeals? Including the one on public interest in his links with Russia? "

That wasn't the claim. The claim was that he was awarded millions in legal costs. Which if I'm not mistaken, is true.

Just because you want to make it about something else, doesn't mean the claim isn't true.

The bottom line is that Carol Cadwalladr did fine work in revealing the shady links between Banks, Russia and myriad other dark characters. Anyone believing that there was no degree of outside interference in the Brexit referendum frankly is too thick to be worthy of attention, or hasn’t bothered reading a damn thing on the subject.

Did he lose 2 out of his 3 appeals? Including the one on public interest in his links with Russia?

That wasn't the claim. The claim was that he was awarded millions in legal costs. Which if I'm not mistaken, is true.

Just because you want to make it about something else, doesn't mean the claim isn't true."

The OP claimed that “Russian interference in the Trump Presidential and Brexit campaigns has been shown to be a dark and deranged fantasy”

Which is a statement unrelated to this 1/3 successful appeal, is it not?

But what is it about Trump and Brexit that has left so many people mentally unhinged?"

I feel sorry for trump, the man is obviously unwell he is paranoid and delusional . As for Brexit, I also feel sorry for the people who voted for it and still think it was a good idea, they also have problems with delusion , they should be cared for not laughed at

Bournemouth

Just because you want to make it about something else, doesn't mean the claim isn't true.

The OP claimed that “Russian interference in the Trump Presidential and Brexit campaigns has been shown to be a dark and deranged fantasy”

Which is a statement unrelated to this 1/3 successful appeal, is it not? "

Nope, you must do better.

You claimed in a single post "Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’"

I haven't debated any other part of your statements.

You claimed in a single post "Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’"

I haven't debated any other part of your statements."

Sorry, my bad. I should have clarified that his damages were only 35k, and that the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia.

Better?

Bournemouth

I haven't debated any other part of your statements.

Sorry, my bad. I should have clarified that his damages were only 35k, and that the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia.

Better? "

The OP said nothing about damages. Better?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 48 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Arron banks appealed on 3 items, of which he won one - he was awarded £35k, definitely not ‘millions’"

Aaron Banks appealed on 3 separate grounds. The first and second were found not to have merit, but the third was found valid, and so he won the appeal. This means that the entire first verdict has been overturned.

He was awarded £35,000 in damages, £1.2m in costs, and Cadwalladr now has to pay back the £790,000 she was initially awarded in the first case.

Gilfach

"The bottom line is that Carol Cadwalladr did fine work in revealing the shady links between Banks, Russia and myriad other dark characters."

The real bottom line is that Cadwalladr was found to have been incorrect in her assertions about Banks and Russia (in the first trial). For a journalist, "fine work" usually involves not printing untruths.

Gilfach

"Sorry, my bad. I should have clarified that his damages were only 35k, and that the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia.

Better?"

When you say "the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia" you are correct. The first case showed that Cadwalladr's accusations were fantasy, and that there was no firm evidence of impropriety on Banks' part. The appeal hasn't changed that, because that aspect wasn't contested, having been settled in the first case.

"Sorry, my bad. I should have clarified that his damages were only 35k, and that the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia.

Better?

When you say "the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia" you are correct. The first case showed that Cadwalladr's accusations were fantasy, and that there was no firm evidence of impropriety on Banks' part. The appeal hasn't changed that, because that aspect wasn't contested, having been settled in the first case."

As I said, those who deny any potential outside interference in the Brexit referendum are either idiots or haven’t read anything on the subject.

Not sure if you’re a) or b), but the statement stands.

The Russia report -

The report is damning. It says that the government, along with its intelligence and security services, “underestimated the response required to the Russian threat and are still playing catch up.” It asserts that “Russian influence in the UK is the new normal […] the UK is clearly a target for Russian disinformation.”

If Russia did have a role in tipping the 2016 Brexit referendum, the report asserts that it was not through direct involvement in the voting process, which, in the United Kingdom, is done entirely with paper and considered very hard to corrupt.

But the report leaves open the possibility that Moscow-based information operations, especially through social media and Russian state-funded broadcasters like Sputnik and RT—and backed up by targeted support to influential voices within UK politics—may well have been a significant factor

Gilfach

"As I said, those who deny any potential outside interference in the Brexit referendum are either idiots or haven’t read anything on the subject.

Not sure if you’re a) or b), but the statement stands."

I'm not either. I'm not trying to deny that there was outside interference in the Brexit vote, not am I denying that Aaron Banks is an odious little man. All I'm saying is that Carole Cadwalladr made accusations that she couldn't back up, and she deserves to be punished for having done so.

By *otMe66Man 48 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Better?

When you say "the case materially changed nothing about the revelations of Banks’ links with Russia" you are correct. The first case showed that Cadwalladr's accusations were fantasy, and that there was no firm evidence of impropriety on Banks' part. The appeal hasn't changed that, because that aspect wasn't contested, having been settled in the first case.

As I said, those who deny any potential outside interference in the Brexit referendum are either idiots or haven’t read anything on the subject.

Not sure if you’re a) or b), but the statement stands."

What outside interference are you aware of

Bournemouth

Better?

What outside interference are you aware of"

From the Bible of the Left...

"Committee members said they could not definitively conclude whether the Kremlin had or had not successfully interfered in the referendum that led to the UK quitting the European Union because no effort had been made to find out."

Terra Firma

Better?

"Committee members said they could not definitively conclude whether the Kremlin had or had not successfully interfered in the referendum that led to the UK quitting the European Union because no effort had been made to find out.""

Better?

What outside interference are you aware of"

Targeted advertising, illegal expenditure, RT, Sputnik.

Better?

"Committee members said they could not definitively conclude whether the Kremlin had or had not successfully interfered in the referendum that led to the UK quitting the European Union because no effort had been made to find out.""

Indeed.

Thanks for backing me up.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 48 weeks ago

golden fields

Yet another Brexit thread.

Get over it. It's happened.

Yet another Brexit thread.

Get over it. It's happened. "

Whether people want to accept it or not, Brexit was always going to impact the nation dramatically for the foreseeable future. The brexiters whinged for 40 years after joining the EEC, so we’re certainly not going to just forget Brexit any time soon. Sorry

By *iman2100Man 48 weeks ago

Glasgow

n

Russian interference in the Trump Presidential and Brexit campaigns has been shown to be a dark and deranged fantasy."

Durham's report found that the investigation into Trump's campaign was triggered by uncorroborated intelligence that should have been scrutinized more intensely before a full investigation was launched. The report did not conclude that the investigation was entirely baseless and illegitimate.

Durham was originally selected by Trump to prove that the Russia links investigation, including the Muller report, was a political witch hunt by the FBI because Durham was perceived to be a fiercely loyal Republican judge.

The potential ramifications of Durham agreeing with Trump were promulgated on a nightly basis by Fox news and other right wing outlets for the 3.5 years it took to produce the report, much in the same way as the 2019 Hunter Biden Laptop saga is being used to try and discredit Joe Biden.

Thankfully the $787 million payout by Fox to Dominion has calmed the right wing rhetoric so that biased opinion is less likely to be reported unchallenged as "News".

By *rLibertineMan 48 weeks ago

North Suffolk

I think if you have to ask the last question you are clearly trolling.

Gilfach

"The brexiters whinged for 40 years after joining the EEC, so we’re certainly not going to just forget Brexit any time soon."

I'm not sure that's true. The referendum to remain in the EEC was passed by more than 2/3 of the vote. Once that all settled down it seems to me that practically everyone thought that membership of the EEC was beneficial. The voice of opposition only started when the EEC was abolished and the EU was born.

"The brexiters whinged for 40 years after joining the EEC, so we’re certainly not going to just forget Brexit any time soon.

I'm not sure that's true. The referendum to remain in the EEC was passed by more than 2/3 of the vote. Once that all settled down it seems to me that practically everyone thought that membership of the EEC was beneficial. The voice of opposition only started when the EEC was abolished and the EU was born."

In 1993, so they moaned for 23 years

Gilfach

"The brexiters whinged for 40 years after joining the EEC, so we’re certainly not going to just forget Brexit any time soon."

"I'm not sure that's true. The referendum to remain in the EEC was passed by more than 2/3 of the vote. Once that all settled down it seems to me that practically everyone thought that membership of the EEC was beneficial. The voice of opposition only started when the EEC was abolished and the EU was born."

"In 1993, so they moaned for 23 years"

I can accept that figure. No one likes having change imposed on them.

"The brexiters whinged for 40 years after joining the EEC, so we’re certainly not going to just forget Brexit any time soon.

I'm not sure that's true. The referendum to remain in the EEC was passed by more than 2/3 of the vote. Once that all settled down it seems to me that practically everyone thought that membership of the EEC was beneficial. The voice of opposition only started when the EEC was abolished and the EU was born.

In 1993, so they moaned for 23 years

I can accept that figure. No one likes having change imposed on them."

I'm not sure that's true. The referendum to remain in the EEC was passed by more than 2/3 of the vote. Once that all settled down it seems to me that practically everyone thought that membership of the EEC was beneficial. The voice of opposition only started when the EEC was abolished and the EU was born."

If you think Euroscepticism began in 1992 I’ve got some magic beans you may be interested in.

By *oo hotCouple 48 weeks ago

North West

What is derangement?

What would you call picking a solitary news story out of an ocean of news stories because the one you have picked "appears" to support your own way of thinking?

Trump is having a terrible time at the moment, and he is not even part-way through his legal wrangles at least one of which could realistically see him behind bars. But yes - let's talk about the Durham report, as it isn't bad.

The Carol Cadwalladr story is again just one story picked out of an ocean of bad stories. Does the Cadwalladr story in any way make Brexit look better? Does it make it look like Brexit was a sensible thing for a first-world, European country to even consider?

I think that you might want to think about what being deranged actually means lol

By *abioMan 48 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Actually the Durham report said he personally didn’t have links to the Russian interference… it did NOT say that any of his campaign team didn’t have links… the likes of Flynn and manifort who were found guilty but were pardoned by trump….

It just said he was just far enough away (or just about shielded away enough) from not knowing what people in his campaign were doing… like don jr meeting with Russians to get dirt!

And since we are talking trump… is it really a good week when you are found guilty of probably being a sex offender, and of defamation… which cost him 5 million….then going on CNN, saying exactly the same thing that got you in trouble in the first place…. And now being sued again And this time with a minimum 10 million dollar escalator attached….

Terra Firma

Actually the Durham report said he personally didn’t have links to the Russian interference… it did NOT say that any of his campaign team didn’t have links… the likes of Flynn and manifort who were found guilty but were pardoned by trump….

It just said he was just far enough away (or just about shielded away enough) from not knowing what people in his campaign were doing… like don jr meeting with Russians to get dirt!

And since we are talking trump… is it really a good week when you are found guilty of probably being a sex offender, and of defamation… which cost him 5 million….then going on CNN, saying exactly the same thing that got you in trouble in the first place…. And now being sued again And this time with a minimum 10 million dollar escalator attached…."

Interference and dirt?

Is Biden any better than Trump when it comes to disinformation and interference... Hunter's laptop, connections with Ukraine, the FBI calling it Russian disinformation and asking Facebook and Twitter to suppress the spread of the laptop story on their platforms ahead of the 2020 elections. so much more to come of this story and it going to be very interesting as it is picked apart. On the face of it today, Biden and Trump seem to be cut from the same cloth, however Biden seems to have been profiting from the concerted effort of US agencies to bring Trump down.

If the FBI and other agencies have been interfering with the truth and suppressing stories under the guise of Russian interference, it could help Trump back into the Whitehouse.

My goodness, it sounds as if you dont believe that Russia interfered in any of those campaigns. I think you are naive at best.

By *orleymanMan 48 weeks ago

Leeds

He was awarded the case in its entirety.

You should read the judgement.

She has to pay part of the legal costs as well as damages

Leeds

Did he lose 2 out of his 3 appeals? Including the one on public interest in his links with Russia? "

As the judge said “"The Claimant was the successful party on the appeal and overall."

Leeds

"The Russia report -

The report is damning. It says that the government, along with its intelligence and security services, “underestimated the response required to the Russian threat and are still playing catch up.” It asserts that “Russian influence in the UK is the new normal […] the UK is clearly a target for Russian disinformation.”

If Russia did have a role in tipping the 2016 Brexit referendum, the report asserts that it was not through direct involvement in the voting process, which, in the United Kingdom, is done entirely with paper and considered very hard to corrupt.

But the report leaves open the possibility that Moscow-based information operations, especially through social media and Russian state-funded broadcasters like Sputnik and RT—and backed up by targeted support to influential voices within UK politics—may well have been a significant factor

"

I suggest you actually read the Russia report.

"The Russia report -

"

I have, thanks

Leeds

Better?

Targeted advertising, illegal expenditure, RT, Sputnik. "

So no difference from Cameron getting the president of the usa to.visit the uk and say we would be at the back of the queue.

American interference good. Made up russian interference bad.

Better?

So no difference from Cameron getting the president of the usa to.visit the uk and say we would be at the back of the queue.

American interference good. Made up russian interference bad."

What Obama said made perfect sense, did it not? Essentially, ‘we’re going to prioritise a trade with that enormous bloc of half a billion rather than the nation of 65million’

Interference or common sense?

Leeds

Better?

What Obama said made perfect sense, did it not? Essentially, ‘we’re going to prioritise a trade with that enormous bloc of half a billion rather than the nation of 65million’

Interference or common sense? "

By your own admission. It's foreign interference

Leeds

"The Russia report -

I have, thanks "

Then you'd know they didn't conclude Interference

"The Russia report -

I have, thanks

Then you'd know they didn't conclude Interference"

Because it was never investigated by the govt. keep up.

Leeds

"The Russia report -

I have, thanks

Because it was never investigated by the govt. keep up. "

So this is your ramblings then. Or a copy paste.

Good to know.

The Russia report -

"The Russia report -

I have, thanks

Because it was never investigated by the govt. keep up.

So this is your ramblings then. Or a copy paste.

Good to know.

The Russia report -

But the report leaves open the possibility that Moscow-based information operations, especially through social media and Russian state-funded broadcasters like Sputnik and RT—and backed up by targeted support to influential voices within UK politics—may well have been a significant factor"

Here’s another copy/paste for you:

“As I said, those who deny any potential outside interference in the Brexit referendum are either idiots or haven’t read anything on the subject”

By *abioMan 48 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The Russia report -

I have, thanks

Then you'd know they didn't conclude Interference"

I know you like to say.. did you read the report

Have you read the mueller report?

Durham said specifically that trump himself did not collude… he doesn’t go into whether people in campaign or his inner circle did

You want to claim the victory lap for that.. go for it!

But we do know that people in the higher parts of trumps campaign did collude with Russia….The mueller report does do that! volume 1! Volume 2 goes into all the ways trump tried obstruction of justice

There was enough evidence in mueller report that Flynn and manifort and others were charged with lying to congress and to the FBI… again trump pardoned them both

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If what is being reported by both CNN and the guardian last night is true… trump is going to jail and no amount of pardon will help his ass!

By *astandFeistyCouple 47 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"If what is being reported by both CNN and the guardian last night is true… trump is going to jail and no amount of pardon will help his ass! "

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison)

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

"If what is being reported by both CNN and the guardian last night is true… trump is going to jail and no amount of pardon will help his ass!

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison)"

He can still run for president while being incarcerated. There is no legal requirement stating you can't.

"If what is being reported by both CNN and the guardian last night is true… trump is going to jail and no amount of pardon will help his ass!

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison) He can still run for president while being incarcerated. There is no legal requirement stating you can't."

PMSL,

By *oo hotCouple 47 weeks ago

North West

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison) He can still run for president while being incarcerated. There is no legal requirement stating you can't."

That would be a good look wouldn’t it lol

Welcome to America where millions vote for a man imprisoned for hoarding and wanting to share top secret and classified documents and threaten national security.

Way to go…

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison) He can still run for president while being incarcerated. There is no legal requirement stating you can't.

Welcome to America where millions vote for a man imprisoned for hoarding and wanting to share top secret and classified documents and threaten national security.

Way to go…"

Some of them would still vote for trump even if he was dead

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison) He can still run for president while being incarcerated. There is no legal requirement stating you can't.

Way to go…

Some of them would still vote for trump even if he was dead"

Kind of like dead people voting for a president.

Way to go…

Some of them would still vote for trump even if he was dead Kind of like dead people voting for a president."

Which never happened, are you one of those people who think the 2020 election was st0len ? I thought de Santis was your pick

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison)"

I don’t think any sort of espionage crime is going to help his support…

By *astandFeistyCouple 47 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Of course he's going to jail. It stops him running, however I'd guess that it may enhance his support for future (obviously depending his term in prison)

I don’t think any sort of espionage crime is going to help his support… "

I disagree. I think Trump supporters don't care and see this as a witch hunt

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Way to go…

Some of them would still vote for trump even if he was dead Kind of like dead people voting for a president.

Which never happened, are you one of those people who think the 2020 election was st0len ? I thought de Santis was your pick "

Actually… to be fair 6 people in the us have been convicted of voter fraud in the 2020 cycle… it just happens they all voted for trump twice….

Way to go…

Some of them would still vote for trump even if he was dead Kind of like dead people voting for a president.

Which never happened, are you one of those people who think the 2020 election was st0len ? I thought de Santis was your pick "

actually I going to listen to the candidates and make informed decision. Desantis, Scott,JFK and hopefully Manchin throws his bid in. You have a problem with that ?

Way to go…

Which never happened, are you one of those people who think the 2020 election was st0len ? I thought de Santis was your pick

Actually… to be fair 6 people in the us have been convicted of voter fraud in the 2020 cycle… it just happens they all voted for trump twice…. "

Ha, do you honestly think he will go to jail? I just can’t see it tbh,

Way to go…

Which never happened, are you one of those people who think the 2020 election was st0len ? I thought de Santis was your pick actually I going to listen to the candidates and make informed decision. Desantis, Scott,JFK and hopefully Manchin throws his bid in. You have a problem with that ?"

No, fill your boots, I am looking forward to watching them destroy each other

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I disagree. I think Trump supporters don't care and see this as a witch hunt"

Yeah… I think that’s where the “having it on tape” thing really hurts his case…..

Unless his now going to claim it’s not his voice…

Irony being he was talking for mark meadows book…

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Way to go…

Actually… to be fair 6 people in the us have been convicted of voter fraud in the 2020 cycle… it just happens they all voted for trump twice….

Ha, do you honestly think he will go to jail? I just can’t see it tbh, "

People have been given 5 years jail terms just for taking documents out of sciffs and taking material home unintentionally….

They take no shit over national security documents, especially if you don’t just give them up rather than trying to hide them

By *otMe66Man 47 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Trump going to jail, not going to jail, is that going to prevent a Republican taking the presidency, whoever it might be?

Way to go…

Ha, do you honestly think he will go to jail? I just can’t see it tbh,

People have been given 5 years jail terms just for taking documents out of sciffs and taking material home unintentionally….

They take no shit over national security documents, especially if you don’t just give them up rather than trying to hide them "

Interesting, I still can’t see him going to jail though, he will wriggle his way out of it some how

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 47 weeks ago

golden fields

"Trump going to jail, not going to jail, is that going to prevent a Republican taking the presidency, whoever it might be?"

Maybe it's to prevent an insecure narcissist taking the presidency. Or maybe it's because no one should be above the law?

Terra Firma

"Trump going to jail, not going to jail, is that going to prevent a Republican taking the presidency, whoever it might be?

Maybe it's to prevent an insecure narcissist taking the presidency. Or maybe it's because no one should be above the law?"

What question did you answer? I'm lost.

I will ask it another way...Will the republicans regain power?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 47 weeks ago

golden fields

"Trump going to jail, not going to jail, is that going to prevent a Republican taking the presidency, whoever it might be?

Maybe it's to prevent an insecure narcissist taking the presidency. Or maybe it's because no one should be above the law?

I will ask it another way...Will the republicans regain power?"

No idea.

Sorry for the confusion.

No

Maybe it's to prevent an insecure narcissist taking the presidency. Or maybe it's because no one should be above the law?"

Tbh, De Santis is probably worse

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think the best answer for that is “not if trump is the nominee”… I think it’s only marginally better if it’s desantis as he seems to have lurched off a cliff to the right……

It would have to be a centrist republican to have a chance.. and trump did a great job of ousting a lot of them from the party

Terra Firma

I think the best answer for that is “not if trump is the nominee”… I think it’s only marginally better if it’s desantis as he seems to have lurched off a cliff to the right……

It would have to be a centrist republican to have a chance.. and trump did a great job of ousting a lot of them from the party "

Do you think Biden has the confidence of the people to get a second term?

It would have to be a centrist republican to have a chance.. and trump did a great job of ousting a lot of them from the party

Do you think Biden has the confidence of the people to get a second term? "

No.

The 2 democrats that have a chance is JFK or if Manchin decides to run. They are more centrists.Its too early to tell this is based on my own py opinion.

Terra Firma

Do you think Biden has the confidence of the people to get a second term? No."

That was also my impression from over here.

It makes sense in what Fabio said that if Trump is the nominee it could back fire, I know he has his supporters but I think another republican candidate would pull in the voters not deter them.

It is going to be an interesting 18 months

Do you think Biden has the confidence of the people to get a second term? No.

It makes sense in what Fabio said that if Trump is the nominee it could back fire, I know he has his supporters but I think another republican candidate would pull in the voters not deter them.

It is going to be an interesting 18 months"

Desantis is gaining but like you said it's a long way off.

Do you think Biden has the confidence of the people to get a second term? No.

It is going to be an interesting 18 months Desantis is gaining but like you said it's a long way off."

More and more people are independent and not identifying as just one party. They are going to be the deciding factor.

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

It is going to be an interesting 18 months Desantis is gaining but like you said it's a long way off."

Desantis signing his states 6 weeks abortion ban was the beginning of the end of his centrist stance

That and his war on basically anyone who spites him, Disney, Drag queens, anything “gay”, black history and support for school book bans…….

"

It is going to be an interesting 18 months Desantis is gaining but like you said it's a long way off.

Desantis signing his states 6 weeks abortion ban was the beginning of the end of his centrist stance

That and his war on basically anyone who spites him, Disney, Drag queens, anything “gay”, black history and support for school book bans…….

"

That is what Floridians voted for did they not? They put him in office. Overwhelmingly. He listened to what his constituents wanted. Is that not a leader?

Scotus are kicking things back to the states on decisions. It's that hard to understand.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 47 weeks ago

Southport

"

It is going to be an interesting 18 months Desantis is gaining but like you said it's a long way off.

That is what Floridians voted for did they not? They put him in office. Overwhelmingly. He listened to what his constituents wanted. Is that not a leader? "

Well Desantis is creating 800,000 jobs for deserving hard working Americans on July 1st, especially if their dream is to clean toilets in hotels, being in the fresh air picking crops, working as laborers on construction sites or working as backroom staff in restaurants and hotels. When employers will face fines of up to $10,000 a day for employing undocumented immigrants.

Terra Firma

"

That is what Floridians voted for did they not? They put him in office. Overwhelmingly. He listened to what his constituents wanted. Is that not a leader?

Well Desantis is creating 800,000 jobs for deserving hard working Americans on July 1st, especially if their dream is to clean toilets in hotels, being in the fresh air picking crops, working as laborers on construction sites or working as backroom staff in restaurants and hotels. When employers will face fines of up to $10,000 a day for employing undocumented immigrants. "

Why is fining businesses who are employing undocumented migrants a bad thing?

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Scotus are kicking things back to the states on decisions. It's that hard to understand."

Actually it’s an interesting concept… because originally when they decided to kick it back to the states the republicans decided to do it as a referendum at times they thought were best for them because it would attract less voters..

And then Kansas came along… and Nebraska… and Montana .. all ruby red, all decided to keep their current terms

And that is when republicans freaked out… and actively started campaigning against referendums! And doing it through statehouses instead

In fact Ohio republicans are now so freaked out they are changing the rules on the threshold it takes to get an initiative on a ballot (spoiler… up not down)

"

Well Desantis is creating 800,000 jobs for deserving hard working Americans on July 1st, especially if their dream is to clean toilets in hotels, being in the fresh air picking crops, working as laborers on construction sites or working as backroom staff in restaurants and hotels. When employers will face fines of up to $10,000 a day for employing undocumented immigrants. "

Isn't that one of the reasons the people voted him in? He did win on his campaign issues. Otherwise there would have been someone else in charge.

"Scotus are kicking things back to the states on decisions. It's that hard to understand.

Actually it’s an interesting concept… because originally when they decided to kick it back to the states the republicans decided to do it as a referendum at times they thought were best for them because it would attract less voters..

And then Kansas came along… and Nebraska… and Montana .. all ruby red, all decided to keep their current terms

And that is when republicans freaked out… and actively started campaigning against referendums! And doing it through statehouses instead

In fact Ohio republicans are now so freaked out they are changing the rules on the threshold it takes to get an initiative on a ballot (spoiler… up not down)

"

Scotus backed Illinois decision on their assault weapon ban. States rights are being applied to everything. Which they should be.

Southport

"

Well Desantis is creating 800,000 jobs for deserving hard working Americans on July 1st, especially if their dream is to clean toilets in hotels, being in the fresh air picking crops, working as laborers on construction sites or working as backroom staff in restaurants and hotels. When employers will face fines of up to $10,000 a day for employing undocumented immigrants. Isn't that one of the reasons the people voted him in? He did win on his campaign issues. Otherwise there would have been someone else in charge."

Videos of empty fields and empty construction sites are not a good look for him but I suppose not tanking the Floridian economy was not part of his campaign.

Terra Firma

"

Well Desantis is creating 800,000 jobs for deserving hard working Americans on July 1st, especially if their dream is to clean toilets in hotels, being in the fresh air picking crops, working as laborers on construction sites or working as backroom staff in restaurants and hotels. When employers will face fines of up to $10,000 a day for employing undocumented immigrants. Isn't that one of the reasons the people voted him in? He did win on his campaign issues. Otherwise there would have been someone else in charge.

Videos of empty fields and empty construction sites are not a good look for him but I suppose not tanking the Floridian economy was not part of his campaign."

You support illegal working practices that give workers zero rights, accidents go unreported etc?

We have exactly the same laws here in the UK, immigrants need to obtain the right to work, no document no work

Southport

"

Well Desantis is creating 800,000 jobs for deserving hard working Americans on July 1st, especially if their dream is to clean toilets in hotels, being in the fresh air picking crops, working as laborers on construction sites or working as backroom staff in restaurants and hotels. When employers will face fines of up to $10,000 a day for employing undocumented immigrants. Isn't that one of the reasons the people voted him in? He did win on his campaign issues. Otherwise there would have been someone else in charge.

Videos of empty fields and empty construction sites are not a good look for him but I suppose not tanking the Floridian economy was not part of his campaign.

You support illegal working practices that give workers zero rights, accidents go unreported etc?

We have exactly the same laws here in the UK, immigrants need to obtain the right to work, no document no work"

I quite agree with you but please let me enjoy the chaos it causes when its not done right.

"

We have exactly the same laws here in the UK, immigrants need to obtain the right to work, no document no work

I quite agree with you but please let me enjoy the chaos it causes when its not done right. "

What chaos Biden is in charge economy is shambles. Same scenario. People voted for what they wanted.

Terra Firma

"

I quite agree with you but please let me enjoy the chaos it causes when its not done right. "

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Trump is going to be charged….first hearing is going to be in Miami on Tuesday at 3pm local (8pm our time)… I’ll jot down a few things in the morning

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

So…. A few things….

1) feds don’t mess around…. This is on a very different level to New York and Georgia

2) if they charge you.. they are basically ready to go!

3) choosing Miami as the local rather than Washington is a super smart move from Jack smith.. the trump team now can’t use location/jurisdiction as an excuse, plus can’t claim the southern district of Florida is biased as he won that in the general, plus it’s choc full of republican and trump appointed federal judges…

4) trump made have actually inadvertently caught a break… because the federal criminal system works way faster than the state system, this will get to trial first, and if found guilty he will be treated like a first time offender! If he had been found guilty in either New York or Georgia first… the potential punishment he would have then got would be much higher!

5) federal cases normally have a swift case waiver, which means it could come to court 70 days after his first appearance… trump will bluster that he will want it sorted asap, but trumps lawyers are going to drag this out….

6) trumps lawyers can’t drag this out as long as they can a state case! Basically any appeals will go to the 11 circuit court of appeals and be dealt with as a matter of urgency

This is going to be the first of 3 probably trials… feds don’t charge misdemeanours! They will be felonies and they will all involve prison time! The other thing is see if any of the other republicans candidates say they would pardon him if they win!

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

"So…. A few things….

1) feds don’t mess around…. This is on a very different level to New York and Georgia

2) if they charge you.. they are basically ready to go!

3) choosing Miami as the local rather than Washington is a super smart move from Jack smith.. the trump team now can’t use location/jurisdiction as an excuse, plus can’t claim the southern district of Florida is biased as he won that in the general, plus it’s choc full of republican and trump appointed federal judges…

4) trump made have actually inadvertently caught a break… because the federal criminal system works way faster than the state system, this will get to trial first, and if found guilty he will be treated like a first time offender! If he had been found guilty in either New York or Georgia first… the potential punishment he would have then got would be much higher!

5) federal cases normally have a swift case waiver, which means it could come to court 70 days after his first appearance… trump will bluster that he will want it sorted asap, but trumps lawyers are going to drag this out….

6) trumps lawyers can’t drag this out as long as they can a state case! Basically any appeals will go to the 11 circuit court of appeals and be dealt with as a matter of urgency

This is going to be the first of 3 probably trials… feds don’t charge misdemeanours! They will be felonies and they will all involve prison time! The other thing is see if any of the other republicans candidates say they would pardon him if they win! "

Interesting , I still can’t see him going to prison though

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Interesting , I still can’t see him going to prison though "

The feds win in 90-95% of cases that come to trial….. it’s very rare that probation is ever given in federal cases

Hardcore trump/ maga republicans are going to try and draw a comparison between trump’s case and the cases involving Biden and Mike pence….

The better comparison may be this case… and the case a few months ago where documents got leaked and ended up on the internet… the argument being why won’t you treat trumps the same way you would that kid!

By *otMe66Man 46 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Interesting , I still can’t see him going to prison though

The feds win in 90-95% of cases that come to trial….. it’s very rare that probation is ever given in federal cases

Hardcore trump/ maga republicans are going to try and draw a comparison between trump’s case and the cases involving Biden and Mike pence….

The better comparison may be this case… and the case a few months ago where documents got leaked and ended up on the internet… the argument being why won’t you treat trumps the same way you would that kid! "

Could he still run, win and pardon himself?

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Could he still run, win and pardon himself? "

In theory, yes… but I think the Republican Party would want some sort of outcome before anyone became the presumptive nominee….

There is nothing to stop a person behind bars from running…

I think when we know what he has been charged with will decide if republicans will stay with him or flee…

Notice the maga republicans so far are trying to rally around him… but top brass are being quiet…

I know it’s suppose to be Tuesday before we find out but I can see them releasing it early if trump keeps flapping his mouth!

By *wisted999Man 46 weeks ago

North Bucks

Playing nicely into Ronnies hands.

He will be the anointed one.

By *otMe66Man 46 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Interesting , I still can’t see him going to prison though

The better comparison may be this case… and the case a few months ago where documents got leaked and ended up on the internet… the argument being why won’t you treat trumps the same way you would that kid! "

why would there be a difference between Trump and Biden, both had classified documents in places they should not have been.

The documents were not leaked by Trump or Biden, the only thing I can think of is maybe the content of the documents and the potential harm if they entered the public domain.

The other question is why would they have these documents on their person in the first place? If they are classified I would imagine they are stored as hardcopy in a secure place, if they can be viewed electronically there is no need to print them and I would have thought printing these documents would be disabled.

So how do they obtain the documents and walk away with them??

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Apparently this is what CNN are saying is on the tape.. this is the transcript

“As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t,”

“Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this,” Trump says at one point, according to the transcript. “This was done by the military and given to me.”

“They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.”

Holy shit.

He is so going to jail………..

By *astandFeistyCouple 46 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Apparently this is what CNN are saying is on the tape.. this is the transcript

“Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this,” Trump says at one point, according to the transcript. “This was done by the military and given to me.”

“They presented me this – this is off the record, but – they presented me this. This was him. This was the Defense Department and him. We looked at some. This was him. This wasn’t done by me, this was him.”

Trump continues: “All sorts of stuff – pages long, look. Wait a minute, let’s see here. I just found, isn’t that amazing? This totally wins my case, you know. Except it is like, highly confidential. Secret. This is secret information. Look, look at this.”

Holy shit.

He is so going to jail……….. "

Who is he talking to in that transcript?

By (user no longer on site) OP    46 weeks ago

Holy shit.

He is so going to jail……….. "

I think there is a word for a country where political opponents of the regime are sent to prison.

The Democrats are absolutely terrified of Trump winning again.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 46 weeks ago

golden fields

Holy shit.

I think there is a word for a country where political opponents of the regime are sent to prison.

The Democrats are absolutely terrified of Trump winning again."

*Locking up for being a political opponent. Important distinction.

Trump might be locked up if found guilty of committing crimes. Not for simply being a political opponent.

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Holy shit.

Who is he talking to in that transcript?"

He is talking to four people without security clearances, two of them were doing a biography on his chief of staff mark meadows… the document in question is allegedly one that was drawn up by the department of defence about a potential attack and war on Iran…..

Jail…..

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Holy shit.

"

Can’t call it a stitch up if it’s trumps own voice on the tape… unless you are going to claim it’s not him and it’s all AI, and in fact he didn’t really have the file but was pretending he had the file to impress the people in front of him….

So…. His best defence is that he lied….

Are we all saying trump lied now????

By *astandFeistyCouple 46 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Holy shit.

Who is he talking to in that transcript?

He is talking to four people without security clearances, two of them were doing a biography on his chief of staff mark meadows… the document in question is allegedly one that was drawn up by the department of defence about a potential attack and war on Iran…..

Jail….. "

Has it been confirmed that he was talking to people without security clearance?

I'm just wondering if there could be an argument made that whoever he was talking to was clear to know the information.

It's another yawn moment in America politics. Just like the Biden Bribery accusations which conveniently are popping up now.

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Now that the indictment has been unsealed….. it’s much… much worse!

This is going to be interesting to see how people are going to try to defend the indefensible…

golden fields

"Now that the indictment has been unsealed….. it’s much… much worse!

This is going to be interesting to see how people are going to try to defend the indefensible…"

Upto 20 years sentence.

This is going to be interesting to see how people are going to try to defend the indefensible…

Upto 20 years sentence. "

Indictment does not mean a conviction.Now does it? Some people just want to convict without hearing the defense arguments according to the law. Guess we shall see. I am not totally convinced yet. Yet some people on here just wants pitchforks and to burn him at the stake. Would you have the same zealot attitude if Biden investigation proved that they did take bribes?

Upto 20 years sentence. Indictment does not mean a conviction.Now does it? Some people just want to convict without hearing the defense arguments according to the law. Guess we shall see. I am not totally convinced yet. Yet some people on here just wants pitchforks and to burn him at the stake. Would you have the same zealot attitude if Biden investigation proved that they did take bribes? "

I want to see what documents Biden withheld instead of just glossing over that fact. If the FBI can make a detailed list of what Trump had why can't they do the same with Bidens documents or pences or any other politician. Let's be open about it in fairness.

golden fields

Upto 20 years sentence. Indictment does not mean a conviction.Now does it? Some people just want to convict without hearing the defense arguments according to the law. Guess we shall see. I am not totally convinced yet. Yet some people on here just wants pitchforks and to burn him at the stake. Would you have the same zealot attitude if Biden investigation proved that they did take bribes? "

You misunderstood. I was saying if he's found guilty, the most severe crime he committed has a sentence of up to 20 years.

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Upto 20 years sentence. Indictment does not mean a conviction.Now does it? Some people just want to convict without hearing the defense arguments according to the law. Guess we shall see. I am not totally convinced yet. Yet some people on here just wants pitchforks and to burn him at the stake. Would you have the same zealot attitude if Biden investigation proved that they did take bribes? I want to see what documents Biden withheld instead of just glossing over that fact. If the FBI can make a detailed list of what Trump had why can't they do the same with Bidens documents or pences or any other politician. Let's be open about it in fairness. "

This is the type of “whataboutism” I expect from harder lines republicans… but it leaves out the primary difference between what trump has done compared to Biden and pence…

Remember in this document stuff trump hasn’t actually been charged with taking anything out of Washington (yet)

The difference is when the DOJ and NARA said “you have documents you should not have, we would like them back!” Biden and pence both cooperated and complied with the request

Trump is charged with basically not giving it all back, lying about giving it all back when asked, deliberately evading and obstructing the return of the documents, and showing them to people who had nowhere near the security clearance level….

These a nuclear secrets, US defence assessments, five eyes assessment’s, potential wargame scenarios, ect……

And yet.. people are prepared to let him skate…

By *enny PR9TV/TS 45 weeks ago

Southport

Upto 20 years sentence. Indictment does not mean a conviction.Now does it? Some people just want to convict without hearing the defense arguments according to the law. Guess we shall see. I am not totally convinced yet. Yet some people on here just wants pitchforks and to burn him at the stake. Would you have the same zealot attitude if Biden investigation proved that they did take bribes? I want to see what documents Biden withheld instead of just glossing over that fact. If the FBI can make a detailed list of what Trump had why can't they do the same with Bidens documents or pences or any other politician. Let's be open about it in fairness.

This is the type of “whataboutism” I expect from harder lines republicans… but it leaves out the primary difference between what trump has done compared to Biden and pence…

Remember in this document stuff trump hasn’t actually been charged with taking anything out of Washington (yet)

The difference is when the DOJ and NARA said “you have documents you should not have, we would like them back!” Biden and pence both cooperated and complied with the request

Trump is charged with basically not giving it all back, lying about giving it all back when asked, deliberately evading and obstructing the return of the documents, and showing them to people who had nowhere near the security clearance level….

These a nuclear secrets, US defence assessments, five eyes assessment’s, potential wargame scenarios, ect……

And yet.. people are prepared to let him skate…"

I won't survive! It's classified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbjunFQKuFQ

By *abioMan 45 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I am so glad Chris Christie came out and said what he said about trump last night… it finally meant a moderate republican said what needed to

Will he win any new fans…. Not one base republican! But the argument needed to be made to not pander to trump

Anyway we shall see what happens in Miami the afternoon….

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 45 weeks ago

golden fields

"I am so glad Chris Christie came out and said what he said about trump last night… it finally meant a moderate republican said what needed to

Will he win any new fans…. Not one base republican! But the argument needed to be made to not pander to trump

Anyway we shall see what happens in Miami the afternoon…. "

Maybe it will encourage more of them to have a sensible perspective?

By (user no longer on site) 45 weeks ago

God save the queen. WTF.

By *otMe66Man 45 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"God save the queen. WTF."

What a guy

By *abioMan 44 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"God save the queen. WTF."

Did you see the Fox News interview with bret baier last night… I don’t normally praise interviews they do ( yes I mean hannity) but baier did as good a job of holding trumps feet to the fire as anyone I have seen on the right do!

It may well have been a confession tape.. the prosecution will just play that out in court!

This is the reason why I think trump doesn’t show up to any of the republican primary debates…. He is a walking liability and being on a stage with former prosecutors Chris Christie and Asa Hutchinson is too dangerous because you know know he will blurt out something

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

"God save the queen. WTF.

Did you see the Fox News interview with bret baier last night… I don’t normally praise interviews they do ( yes I mean hannity) but baier did as good a job of holding trumps feet to the fire as anyone I have seen on the right do!

It may well have been a confession tape.. the prosecution will just play that out in court!

This is the reason why I think trump doesn’t show up to any of the republican primary debates…. He is a walking liability and being on a stage with former prosecutors Chris Christie and Asa Hutchinson is too dangerous because you know know he will blurt out something "

They are both unhinged

By *nleashedCrakenMan 44 weeks ago

Widnes

And since we are talking trump… is it really a good week when you are found guilty of probably being a sex offender, and of defamation… which cost him 5 million….then going on CNN, saying exactly the same thing that got you in trouble in the first place…. And now being sued again And this time with a minimum 10 million dollar escalator attached….

Interference and dirt?

Is Biden any better than Trump when it comes to disinformation and interference... Hunter's laptop, connections with Ukraine, the FBI calling it Russian disinformation and asking Facebook and Twitter to suppress the spread of the laptop story on their platforms ahead of the 2020 elections. so much more to come of this story and it going to be very interesting as it is picked apart. On the face of it today, Biden and Trump seem to be cut from the same cloth, however Biden seems to have been profiting from the concerted effort of US agencies to bring Trump down.

If the FBI and other agencies have been interfering with the truth and suppressing stories under the guise of Russian interference, it could help Trump back into the Whitehouse. "

We're well past the point where anything further said on Russia and Trump will change anyone's opinion. Those that love Trump's MAGA politics will love him still and those that hate him will still hate him. However the numbers are not on Trump's side and there is almost zero chance of Trump getting back in the Whitehouse. He'll almost definitely win the Republican nomination but, as a direct result of him winning that nomination, there is little chance of the Republicans winning Arizona's or Georgia's College electors, without which the Republicans will be lucky if they get 219 Electoral College seats when a minimum of 270 are required to win.

Widnes

Better?

Interference or common sense?

By your own admission. It's foreign interference "

It's not the same at all. Obama's intervention was open and public, and, as it now turns out, true. Russia's intervention, if it actually happened, was subrosa, secret and hidden.

Widnes

I disagree. I think Trump supporters don't care and see this as a witch hunt"

A lot, maybe even most, of Trump's supporters may not care but many normally right of centre (Republican voters) will care and I think you'll find that those voters and the voters that already hate Trump are way more numerous.

Widnes

No. Definitely not with Trump and almost probably not with anyone else. The numbers just don't point to it.

Widnes

I think Biden has the confidence of the people that he's not Trump. I'm pretty sure that if the Republican's put up a reasonable candidate with reasonable, more centrist policies, more people would be more confident in that candidate than they are in Trump or Biden but the Republican's won't so Biden will win.

Widnes

"

That is what Floridians voted for did they not? They put him in office. Overwhelmingly. He listened to what his constituents wanted. Is that not a leader? "

No, that's a populist follower. A leader says what he believes in and asks people to back him.

By *abioMan 43 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you want a direct comparison for what trump may face… a woman in the army got found guilty of taking federal documents home with her ( they were only up to the level of secret) last week….

….. she got 4 years in prison

Like I said… they take this shit seriously!!!

Which brings us to last night’s stunning turn of events … CNN claims to have obtained yet more audio of a different conversation where he appears to be showing classified documents and materials with staffers and journalists… this time at his other residence, the summer one, at bedminster

The significance of this is that if the case in Florida looks like it could go belly up because of the trump appointed judge, they may have a strong case for doing it in New Jersey instead

Trump is slowly confessing in real time here…….

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

I'd love to see pics of Trump's lawyers before and after having to put up with Trump's various stupidities. It'd probably be like that bit at the end of Indy 3 where the Nazi ages + dies horribly fast.

» Add a new message to this topic