If you're being chased by flashing blues, you stop. Simple as that

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *astandFeistyCouple 44 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Couldn't agree more.

By *AFKA HovisMan 44 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Were they being chased by the blues and twos?

Bournemouth

"Were they being chased by the blues and twos? "

Apparently so, according to a video released on social media.

Tbf, I don't know if it had been confirmed but certainly looks that way.

By *wisted999Man 44 weeks ago

North Bucks

Whilst I see a lot of the blame directed at the Police on social media.

There is an element of personal and parental responsibility here. Plus societal issues of kids going wild on that estate.

All in all a tragic mix.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Were they being chased by the blues and twos?

Tbf, I don't know if it had been confirmed but certainly looks that way."

I thought the vid was of them being followed. No blues.

And the police also said no chase...

(Which doesn't make it truth. But be a very dumb thing to say if they were in active pursuit)

Too early to call what happened imo. Let alone casting blame as per OP.

Bournemouth

Tbf, I don't know if it had been confirmed but certainly looks that way.I thought the vid was of them being followed. No blues.

(Which doesn't make it truth. But be a very dumb thing to say if they were in active pursuit)

Too early to call what happened imo. Let alone casting blame as per OP. "

Honestly, blues or not at the very point of the video, if blues were on at any point they should've stopped. It may look like they were being followed but it looked like it was at speed, hard to tell.

The policed did say no chase occurred but an awful lot of people appear to be blaming the police anyway.

By *9alMan 44 weeks ago

Bridgend

it certainly looked like the police were following them & certainly should have stopped them as not wearing helmets & looked a bit wobbly. Police denning they were following & stopping relatives seeing the scene of the crash makes it look as if they were trying to hide what really happened

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Tbf, I don't know if it had been confirmed but certainly looks that way.I thought the vid was of them being followed. No blues.

Too early to call what happened imo. Let alone casting blame as per OP.

Honestly, blues or not at the very point of the video, if blues were on at any point they should've stopped. It may look like they were being followed but it looked like it was at speed, hard to tell.

The policed did say no chase occurred but an awful lot of people appear to be blaming the police anyway."

apparently the agitation started when the police didn't let the kids parents into the scene. I can imagine there were other people who felt aggreived too and it only takes one match.

Vans can't pursuit so either what happened was blown up (eg they followed for a bit) or some real shit happened.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"it certainly looked like the police were following them & certainly should have stopped them as not wearing helmets & looked a bit wobbly. Police denning they were following & stopping relatives seeing the scene of the crash makes it look as if they were trying to hide what really happened "
or were seeking to save a life then preserve a crime scene. From mates who are coppers they'd do this regardless. It may appear dodgy given the rumours. But is common practice.

By *exy_HornyCouple 44 weeks ago

Leigh

Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrotes off the street.

Riding 2 up on an illegal bike on the road. Too young to have a license, obviously no insurance, no protective kit. Fall off and die = no sympathy.

Trouble is that the "outcry" is likely to reduce police appetite for chasing and arresting these people. More effort should be made to deal with this scourge, including use of tactical contact early in most chases. If the riders are injured, so what.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 44 weeks ago

Gilfach

I live in South Wales, and I can confirm that there is an epidemic of youngsters riding around on trail bikes, usually 2 of them, with no safety gear or lights.

They swerve in and out of traffic, run through red lights, mount the pavement when it suits them, and generally make life miserable for anyone in their way.

I don't know any of the details in this case, but the police really do need to get a grip on this problem.

Leigh

"I live in South Wales, and I can confirm that there is an epidemic of youngsters riding around on trail bikes, usually 2 of them, with no safety gear or lights.

They swerve in and out of traffic, run through red lights, mount the pavement when it suits them, and generally make life miserable for anyone in their way.

I don't know any of the details in this case, but the police really do need to get a grip on this problem."

Not just in South Wales.

Our daughter, who is a learner driver, had to take avoiding action on Monday as two youths on electric off road bikes cut the corner on the wrong side of the road as they aimed for a pavement and alleyway. Youths were dressed all in black with balaclavas and were wearing rucksacks, so maybe drug dealers.

On the same journey, we saw another bloke on an electric motorcycle, no helmet or other gear. Looked like he was going home from work as he had work clothes on. Also saw another, bigger, petrol bike 2 up, hoodies and no helmets.

A group of youths have also expended considerable effort destroying the local SSSI by building ramps and jumps out of trees they have cut down. The area is now dangerous for walkers as it is frequented by many off road bikers, again mostly in balaclavas. All illegal as the only access is by public footpath.

That is before I get started on the infestation of dangerously modified cars racing up and down the roads.

The police do absolutely nothing.

By *idnight RamblerMan 44 weeks ago

Pershore

If the Police spot people breaking the law, what are they expected to do? They were just doing their job.

By (user no longer on site) 44 weeks ago

"If the Police spot people breaking the law, what are they expected to do? They were just doing their job."

Why did they lie?

Bournemouth

"If the Police spot people breaking the law, what are they expected to do? They were just doing their job.

Why did they lie? "

The commissioner has now said a chase may have taken place but still says no police were on that road when the crash happened.

By *otMe66Man 44 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Reading statements in the media from people who are condemning the police for chasing them is crazy seeing that they were riding at speeds with no helmets on public highways. If they had hit someone and killed them, what would these people be saying! I hope we don’t see an even bigger shift towards the lowest common denominator calling the shots…..

By *_the_impalerMan 44 weeks ago

canterbury

Simple as when you know you are breaking the law and the Police ask you to stop you decide to ignore them and something bad happens it's purely your fault no it's no buts

Everyone including 3 year olds know blue lights mean you stop and it's something serious

Highly likely the lack of helmets contributed to the horrific outcome again the riders choice to not wear them not the Polices wether being pursued or not they could of crashed !

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 44 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Was the ebike illegal (was it classed as a motorbike due to having a throttle fitted) and what did the lads do to get police attention? Those are the key questions that need asking.

That CCTV footage isn't clear enough to tell us much other than police were following them. Definitely not surprised by the initial police lies, telling the truth would likely piss everyone off even more.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 44 weeks ago

Southport

"Was the ebike illegal (was it classed as a motorbike due to having a throttle fitted) and what did the lads do to get police attention? Those are the key questions that need asking.

That CCTV footage isn't clear enough to tell us much other than police were following them. Definitely not surprised by the initial police lies, telling the truth would likely piss everyone off even more."

I think the police should develop a Stinger for ebikes, and not relay on a clothesline stretched across the street approach.

Absolutely OP.

I noticed that the Media, including the BBC, seem to be trying to suggest that the Police caused the accident that these two boys died in.

They didn't

Whether they were pursuing these kids or not, my questions are, what had they done for the Police to be chasing them in the first place and why did they refuse to stop?

And clearly, they were riding dangerously.

Why do some feel the need to blame the authorities when it is usually the unlawful behaviour that leads to such situations.

When I was a kid, we were taught to respect the law and obey the rules

By *ost SockMan 44 weeks ago

West Wales and Cardiff

The police are right to chase people using the roads dangerously. No problem with that.

The statement they put out was madness though, given the likelihood that CCTV would provide enough of an alternative story to spark dissent.

I know Ely well - a very good community with some wrong-uns. Much as I think the vast majority of police try to do a difficult job fairly, South Wales Police are viewed with a lot of suspicion.

Given the actions of elements within the force, it’s not surprising there’s that suspicion. Ely is basically Tiger Bay transplanted to an estate on the edge of the city. If you’re not from Cardiff, it’s hard to appreciate the lingering impact the Lynette White murder has had on the psyche of the city.

A few corrupt detectives behaved despicably in that case, and five Tiger Bay guys were arrested (three convicted). Half of Ely will have known those guys; lots will be related. Things have never really recovered, especially since there have been other cases more recently.

That’s not to say that police shouldn’t have been trying to stop those two - I’m fine with that. Just that their response in the media was terrible given the above.

Bournemouth

"The police are right to chase people using the roads dangerously. No problem with that.

The statement they put out was madness though, given the likelihood that CCTV would provide enough of an alternative story to spark dissent.

I know Ely well - a very good community with some wrong-uns. Much as I think the vast majority of police try to do a difficult job fairly, South Wales Police are viewed with a lot of suspicion.

Given the actions of elements within the force, it’s not surprising there’s that suspicion. Ely is basically Tiger Bay transplanted to an estate on the edge of the city. If you’re not from Cardiff, it’s hard to appreciate the lingering impact the Lynette White murder has had on the psyche of the city.

A few corrupt detectives behaved despicably in that case, and five Tiger Bay guys were arrested (three convicted). Half of Ely will have known those guys; lots will be related. Things have never really recovered, especially since there have been other cases more recently.

That’s not to say that police shouldn’t have been trying to stop those two - I’m fine with that. Just that their response in the media was terrible given the above."

I can't speak against anything you've written here given you're from the area. What I would ask though, didn't the 'dissent' start way before any press release?

By *ost SockMan 44 weeks ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"The police are right to chase people using the roads dangerously. No problem with that.

That’s not to say that police shouldn’t have been trying to stop those two - I’m fine with that. Just that their response in the media was terrible given the above.

I can't speak against anything you've written here given you're from the area. What I would ask though, didn't the 'dissent' start way before any press release?"

Actually, you are right, I think. I’ll have to check the timeline of events .

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 44 weeks ago

golden fields

"Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrote off the street.

Riding 2 up on an illegal bike on the road. Too young to have a license, obviously no insurance, no protective kit. Fall off and die = no sympathy.

Trouble is that the "outcry" is likely to reduce police appetite for chasing and arresting these people. More effort should be made to deal with this scourge, including use of tactical contact early in most chases. If the riders are injured, so what."

Maybe the police should have execute "antisocial scrotes" to get them "off the street"?

Would save time.

Pershore

"If the Police spot people breaking the law, what are they expected to do? They were just doing their job.

Why did they lie? "

Well if they did lie, there might be three possible reasons I can see.

1) They wanted to diffuse a tense situation.

2) The Police van had diverted from direct pursuit when the scooter took a narrow shortcut, so strictly the chase had ended.

3) it was a cover-up.

Let see what the independent inquiry finds.

Terra Firma

"Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrote off the street.

Trouble is that the "outcry" is likely to reduce police appetite for chasing and arresting these people. More effort should be made to deal with this scourge, including use of tactical contact early in most chases. If the riders are injured, so what.

Maybe the police should have execute "antisocial scrotes" to get them "off the street"?

Would save time."

I wouldn't go that far, maybe arrest them and give them some jail time, that should do.

golden fields

Would save time.

I wouldn't go that far, maybe arrest them and give them some jail time, that should do."

I'm with you, personally I don't celebrate the deaths of young people that have made mistakes. But I wondered what those who do might think.

Bournemouth

Would save time.

I wouldn't go that far, maybe arrest them and give them some jail time, that should do.

I'm with you, personally I don't celebrate the deaths of young people that have made mistakes. But I wondered what those who do might think."

I don't see anyone 'celebrating'.

By *wisted999Man 44 weeks ago

North Bucks

Perhaps these young chaps were trying to provoke a chase. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility because often this happens with off road motorbikes on some of the rougher estates. Loads on social media of idiots trying to get the Po Po to chase them knowing they can’t pursue or for clout.

It was a tragedy whatever people think of these lads and whatever actually happened. They have certainly been let down by people outside of the police.

golden fields

Would save time.

I'm with you, personally I don't celebrate the deaths of young people that have made mistakes. But I wondered what those who do might think.

I don't see anyone 'celebrating'."

The person I replied to was.

Bournemouth

Would save time.

The person I replied to was."

Speak his mind and thoughts, not sure it was a celebration but if you see it that way then cool

golden fields

Would save time.

Speak his mind and thoughts, not sure it was a celebration but if you see it that way then cool "

I was asking for some more information on their thoughts.

Bournemouth

Would save time.

Speak his mind and thoughts, not sure it was a celebration but if you see it that way then cool

I was asking for some more information on their thoughts. "

Just because you put a question mark at the end of it, doesn't actually make your statement a question.

golden fields

Would save time.

Just because you put a question mark at the end of it, doesn't actually make your statement a question. "

True. But it being a question, made it a question.

Still, top notch diversion.

Bournemouth

Would save time.

Just because you put a question mark at the end of it, doesn't actually make your statement a question.

True. But it being a question, made it a question.

Still, top notch diversion. "

'Maybe the police should' doesn't sound like a question but maybe it's the written word that doesn't help here as it's difficult to read the tone. Glad we cleared that up

Leigh

Would save time.

I'm with you, personally I don't celebrate the deaths of young people that have made mistakes. But I wondered what those who do might think."

No celebration, but no sympathy at all.

The point was that the police rarely chase these scrotes in case the scrotes injure themselves, particularly if helmets are not worn.

Therefore the scrotes act almost with impunity. This will get worse after this incident.

It would be much better if the police and law abiding public didn't care if criminals got injured, therefore much more robust tactics could be used and the scourge on our streets would end.

I suppose it is much easier to treat a scrote with no compassion, than it is to treat young children with compassion.

Terra Firma

Would save time.

The point was that the police rarely chase these scrotes in case the scrotes injure themselves, particularly if helmets are not worn.

Therefore the scrotes act almost with impunity. This will get worse after this incident.

It would be much better if the police and law abiding public didn't care if criminals got injured, therefore much more robust tactics could be used and the scourge on our streets would end."

The police can act and if it gets bad enough will, scooter crime in London is a good example of this.

golden fields

Would save time.

It would be much better if the police and law abiding public didn't care if criminals got injured, therefore much more robust tactics could be used and the scourge on our streets would end."

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Terra Firma

Would save time.

It would be much better if the police and law abiding public didn't care if criminals got injured, therefore much more robust tactics could be used and the scourge on our streets would end.

Thank you for sharing your opinion "

Although lacking compassion, it is a reflection on how people are feeling about law and order, and all parties need to wake up to this, it could be the GE winning ticket.

"If you're being chased by flashing blues, you stop. Simple as that "

Exactly

golden fields

Would save time.

Although lacking compassion, it is a reflection on how people are feeling about law and order, and all parties need to wake up to this, it could be the GE winning ticket. "

I'm not sure the country needs even less compassion. But sadly you're probably right.

By *illan-KillashMan 44 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

Would save time.

Although lacking compassion, it is a reflection on how people are feeling about law and order, and all parties need to wake up to this, it could be the GE winning ticket.

I'm not sure the country needs even less compassion. But sadly you're probably right. "

It's possible to show compassion for people's circumstances, upbringing, health and any number of other factors.

It's also possible to not show compassion for people who deliberately flout the law and suffer the consequences of their actions.

golden fields

Would save time.

I'm not sure the country needs even less compassion. But sadly you're probably right.

It's possible to show compassion for people's circumstances, upbringing, health and any number of other factors.

It's also possible to not show compassion for people who deliberately flout the law and suffer the consequences of their actions.

"

Death seems like an overly harsh consequence for being a "scrote". In my opinion.

Would save time.

Death seems like an overly harsh consequence for being a "scrote". In my opinion. "

I think the police should be allowed to shoot and kill speeding motorists, 1 mph over the limits, and you get snipered

By *oah VailMan 44 weeks ago

Dover

"

I think the police should be allowed to shoot and kill speeding motorists, 1 mph over the limits, and you get snipered "

I think that’s a little harsh.

People who drive with their fog lights on in the rain though, they’ll be the first against the wall when I’m emperor.

"

I think the police should be allowed to shoot and kill speeding motorists, 1 mph over the limits, and you get snipered

People who drive with their fog lights on in the rain though, they’ll be the first against the wall when I’m emperor. "

Yep, and people using mobile phones whilst driving should be executed, all these activities are as dangerous as E scooters so fairs fair

Terra Firma

"

People who drive with their fog lights on in the rain though, they’ll be the first against the wall when I’m emperor.

Yep, and people using mobile phones whilst driving should be executed, all these activities are as dangerous as E scooters so fairs fair "

Are you suggesting those young lads on the scooter were murdered?

"

Yep, and people using mobile phones whilst driving should be executed, all these activities are as dangerous as E scooters so fairs fair

Are you suggesting those young lads on the scooter were murdered?"

No, but these ‘scrotes’ who use their mobile phones and speed are a danger to others and need to be stopped, maybe just shoot their tyres instead of shooting them is a better solution

Leigh

"Death seems like an overly harsh consequence for being a "scrote". In my opinion. "

Not really. It was entirely self inflicted. The full facts are not known but it is likely to be something like this:

Antisocial scrote decides to acquire an off-road electric motorcycle.

Scrote doesn't care that he doesn't have a license or insurance, or that the bike is not road legal.

Scrote rides around on the road on the bike, with his mate on the back.

Scrote's parents don't care about him enough to stop his dangerous and illegal activities. May even have bought him the bike, as where does a 15 or 16 year old get the money from to buy such things? Bike also needs charging so adults will know.

Scrote is followed by the police, justifiably due to the illegal nature of his actions.

Scrote goes down a street he knows police can't follow, as he can get through the bollards and the police can't.

Scrote accelerates away while police have to go around.

Scrote makes driving error, understandable as he hasn't got a license and is unlikely to have had any training.

Scrote crashes and he and his mate come off and hit something hard such as a wall.

Scrote and his mate sustain fatal injuries because they think balaclavas and hoodies are sufficient protection.

Natural selection at work.

"Death seems like an overly harsh consequence for being a "scrote". In my opinion.

Not really. It was entirely self inflicted. The full facts are not known but it is likely to be something like this:

Scrote doesn't care that he doesn't have a license or insurance, or that the bike is not road legal.

Scrote's parents don't care about him enough to stop his dangerous and illegal activities. May even have bought him the bike, as where does a 15 or 16 year old get the money from to buy such things? Bike also needs charging so adults will know.

Scrote is followed by the police, justifiably due to the illegal nature of his actions.

Scrote goes down a street he knows police can't follow, as he can get through the bollards and the police can't.

Scrote makes driving error, understandable as he hasn't got a license and is unlikely to have had any training.

Scrote crashes and he and his mate come off and hit something hard such as a wall.

Scrote and his mate sustain fatal injuries because they think balaclavas and hoodies are sufficient protection.

Natural selection at work."

Correct, I would like to see more people who are speeding , using their mobile phone whilst driving, not wearing the seat belts die in horrific crashes whilst being chased by the police

golden fields

"Death seems like an overly harsh consequence for being a "scrote". In my opinion.

Your hypothetical scenario doesn't convince me that death is a suitable consequence for being someone that you consider to be a "scrote".

Personally I think that kids who make mistakes should not die, and I think it's sad that they did, and sad that people are rejoicing in the deaths of young people.

Your hypothetical scenario doesn't convince me that death is a suitable consequence for being someone that you consider to be a "scrote".

Personally I think that kids who make mistakes should not die, and I think it's sad that they did, and sad that people are rejoicing in the deaths of young people."

Absolutely this. Who here hasn’t done something stupid and dangerous as a kid (or an adult?) who hasn’t broken the law in some way, shape or form?

Do any of us know where our teenage/tweenage kids are 24/7? Or what they’re up to?

By *illan-KillashMan 44 weeks ago

Would save time.

Death seems like an overly harsh consequence for being a "scrote". In my opinion. "

Same here. You'll note I didn't say it was or wasn't a harsh consequence.

I quite cleary spoke of compassion.

It does however seem like a natural consequence/outcome of riding an unlicensed vehicle (possibly also untrained) at high speed, on the public highway, without protective clothing, two up on a vehicle designed for one.

Gilfach

"I'm not sure the country needs even less compassion. But sadly you're probably right."

More compassion would be a good thing. But should it be compassion for the plight of two young people who have had a difficult life and been led astray, or should it be compassion for a community that's being terrorised by two young scrotes.

Showing compassion for one of those options is likely to be seen as failing to empathize with the other.

golden fields

"I'm not sure the country needs even less compassion. But sadly you're probably right.

More compassion would be a good thing. But should it be compassion for the plight of two young people who have had a difficult life and been led astray, or should it be compassion for a community that's being terrorised by two young scrotes.

Showing compassion for one of those options is likely to be seen as failing to empathize with the other."

Who cares how it's seen.

A more compassionate society would be nice.

"I'm not sure the country needs even less compassion. But sadly you're probably right.

Showing compassion for one of those options is likely to be seen as failing to empathize with the other."

Do we know if they had been terrorising the community?

Bournemouth

Showing compassion for one of those options is likely to be seen as failing to empathize with the other.

Who cares how it's seen.

"

Which one should be shown the compassion though? It can't be both, can it?

golden fields

Who cares how it's seen.

Which one should be shown the compassion though? It can't be both, can it?"

Why not.

Surely we can feel compassion for people who live in rough areas. And for kids who make mistakes and then die.

Why does it need to be an either/or situation?

golden fields

Do we know if they had been terrorising the community? "

Who knows, but once labelled a "scrote" it's implied they deserve to die.

Pershore

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

Surely we can feel compassion for people who live in rough areas. And for kids who make mistakes and then die.

Why does it need to be an either/or situation?"

Compassion for lost young lives? Of course. But not much sympathy with the rioters. I know Ely well, it's a rough area with just about every kind of criminality rife. Remember there's no such thing as a victimless crime. These people inflict misery on countless ordinary citizens.

Bournemouth

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

Why does it need to be an either/or situation?"

Those kids are often the ones who make the area rough. We still don't know the whole story but do I feel sorry for those kids if they were breaking the law? No. I do feel for their families though.

So eerrrr like mmmmm, what would you think if those families saw this thread?

Would you say sorry for your loss but the scrotes deserved it, you well know if you see the blues and twos you stop.

And your young children knew this so thems the breaks.

What would you say face to face to those parents.

Bournemouth

"So eerrrr like mmmmm, what would you think if those families saw this thread?

Would you say sorry for your loss but the scrotes deserved it, you well know if you see the blues and twos you stop.

"

Sorry for your loss works. It shows sympathy towards the family.

"So eerrrr like mmmmm, what would you think if those families saw this thread?

"

They would shit their pants and say nothing, it was a tragic accident, the kids shouldn’t have been speeding on the E scooter but nobody deserved to die , at this stage I wouldn’t blame the police

golden fields

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

Those kids are often the ones who make the area rough. We still don't know the whole story but do I feel sorry for those kids if they were breaking the law? No. I do feel for their families though. "

I feel sorry for them. They made mistakes and died. Who here hasn't made any mistakes!

Terra Firma

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

Those kids are often the ones who make the area rough. We still don't know the whole story but do I feel sorry for those kids if they were breaking the law? No. I do feel for their families though.

I feel sorry for them. They made mistakes and died. Who here hasn't made any mistakes! "

Mistakes and risks are 2 different things.

The mistake was made in the handling of the e-bike that led to their deaths.

high risk running from the police, low risk stopping. They took the risk and made a mistake

It’s a shame they were taught right from wrong and consequences. They could still be with us if they had

Bournemouth

I don't think the family blaming the police is actually helping their case here. I know they're hurting but you still need a bit of rationality around you.

golden fields

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

I feel sorry for them. They made mistakes and died. Who here hasn't made any mistakes!

Mistakes and risks are 2 different things.

The mistake was made in the handling of the e-bike that led to their deaths.

high risk running from the police, low risk stopping. They took the risk and made a mistake

It’s a shame they were taught right from wrong and consequences. They could still be with us if they had"

By *uddy laneMan 44 weeks ago

dudley

They had balls though for wearing the basin haircuts.

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

I feel sorry for them. They made mistakes and died. Who here hasn't made any mistakes! "

What I realise now is not that people die, but that people who die in an accident which is questionable, get judged when they haven't even been buried yet.

Terra Firma

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

What I realise now is not that people die, but that people who die in an accident which is questionable, get judged when they haven't even been buried yet."

Do you think a parent should be teaching right from wrong and respect?

Do you believe society should promote right from wrong?

What I’m seeing time and time again is no responsibility towards the task of teaching right from wrong.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respect

By *eavenNhellCouple 44 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

What I realise now is not that people die, but that people who die in an accident which is questionable, get judged when they haven't even been buried yet.

What I’m seeing time and time again is no responsibility towards the task of teaching right from wrong.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respect"

kids raising kids is a lot to do with it .

By *ust RachelTV/TS 44 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"it certainly looked like the police were following them & certainly should have stopped them as not wearing helmets & looked a bit wobbly. Police denning they were following & stopping relatives seeing the scene of the crash makes it look as if they were trying to hide what really happened "

Some forces still follow when the...err people bin their skid lids.

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respect"

When you asked these children parents that question, what did they say?

Leigh

"it certainly looked like the police were following them & certainly should have stopped them as not wearing helmets & looked a bit wobbly. Police denning they were following & stopping relatives seeing the scene of the crash makes it look as if they were trying to hide what really happened

Some forces still follow when the...err people bin their skid lids."

The question I would ask the police is "If you really weren't following or chasing the scrotes, why not?".

The police should aggressively chase, stop and arrest everyone using these illegal bikes. Shouldn't matter whether they are wearing helmets, that is their choice / risk.

Same goes for e-scooters, some train companies have banned them due to fire risk, but individual location bans shouldn't be necessary as they are illegal to use anywhere other than private land anyway. But people don't care, hundreds of them around here and the police (again) do nothing.

Terra Firma

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respect

When you asked these children parents that question, what did they say?"

I would imagine the parents are now constantly questioning themselves and will do forever.

If they did what they could to bring up their sons with morals and respect this is a cruel blow, if they didn't I imagine it will haunt them.

Gilfach

"I would imagine the parents are now constantly questioning themselves and will do forever.

If they did what they could to bring up their sons with morals and respect this is a cruel blow, if they didn't I imagine it will haunt them."

Sad to say, I think you're wrong. I think that the parents will spend the rest of their lives thinking that the police are to blame, and that their darlings have been taken away from them by the system.

Leigh

So, as details emerge, my hypothesis is shown to be pretty good.

Bike was bought for the 15 year old scrote as a birthday present.

Same scrote was taken off road riding "in the mountains" by his dad from an early age. Highly unlikely to be legal, so demonstrates a disregard for the law in the family.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 44 weeks ago

Southport

Same scrote was taken off road riding "in the mountains" by his dad from an early age. Highly unlikely to be legal, so demonstrates a disregard for the law in the family."

As I've always said a 15.5mph speed limit for an ebike is just to low, 22mph would be a much more acceptable speed limit for an ebikes maximum speed when powered but make helmets compulsory. Remember anyone can use the roads like an idiot and most of the time they will get away with it, but when your luck runs out or two idiot arrive at the same place at the same time, then it's goodbye Mr Chips.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Has anything illegal been identified yet?

(I don't know the law here)

Was the boy allowed to be riding the bike ?

Was he allowed to be carrying a passenge?

If the police saw anything illegal, did they attempt to pull them over at all ?

Do we know anything about the circumstances of the crash ?

Could this all be unfortunate coincidences ?

By *alcon43Woman 43 weeks ago

Paisley

How did both boys actually get killed? It seems odd that very little is known about the fatal crash. Did they get hit by another vehicle? They don’t appear to be travelling fast enough to be killed if they crashed into something stationary.

By *9alMan 43 weeks ago

Bridgend

"How did both boys actually get killed? It seems odd that very little is known about the fatal crash. Did they get hit by another vehicle? They don’t appear to be travelling fast enough to be killed if they crashed into something stationary.

"

it is possible to get fatal injuries at low speeds particularly if not wearing a crash helmet. but for both to die at the scene is unlucky and raises questions about how the police handled the situation

By *exy_HornyCouple 43 weeks ago

Leigh

"How did both boys actually get killed? It seems odd that very little is known about the fatal crash. Did they get hit by another vehicle? They don’t appear to be travelling fast enough to be killed if they crashed into something stationary.

it is possible to get fatal injuries at low speeds particularly if not wearing a crash helmet. but for both to die at the scene is unlucky and raises questions about how the police handled the situation "

Why does it raise questions? The only question I have is why were the police not chasing the scrotes?

The latest gem of information from the family is that the scrote who's bike it was had been arrested 30 times in the past 2 years.

Also, the family knew exactly what he was doing as he said he was taking his mate home on the back of his new bike. Apparently he saw the police and turned around as he didn't want to lose his new bike - if it was legal he wouldn't have lost it so he knew it was illegal.

At 15, the only bike that can be legally ridden is one where electric power is assisting pedal power and where the top speed is limited to 15.5 mph. The videos I have seen indicate that the bike being ridden was not one of the legal ones.

By *allySlinkyWoman 43 weeks ago

Leeds

I am puzzled why the photos released of the two boys are of such poor quality. In this age of mobile phones with good cameras there must be some better pics of them.

By *estivalMan 43 weeks ago

borehamwood

"

the bike they was on was not your normal peddle assist 15 mph version its basicaly electric off road bike that can do 40-50 mph theres half a dozen teats round here who have them aand no doubt it wont be long before one of those ends up dead to, same sort of people no helmets weaving in and out of traffic riding on wrong side of road and no doubt there parents will try blaming everyone else to when something happens

By *otMe66Man 43 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 28/05/23 09:10:59]

Terra Firma

Is it neglectful parenting? Should the parents be investigated along with the police, to determine if they played a part in their untimely deaths?

Personally I think they should be, the dead were children and parents have a duty to look after them and care for them. If they are found to have played a part in this through their actions or inactions then they should also face consequences. If this was done every time their are children dying because of being allowed to or given the means too put themselves in danger, the message might start to sink in and hopefully it will reduce this type of thing happening again

By *uietbloke67Man 43 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"If you're being chased by flashing blues, you stop. Simple as that "

Idiotic shocking statement to make, these two boys, no matter what they did or you thought died.

Since when was it capital punishment to be a daft young boy.

Same scrote was taken off road riding "in the mountains" by his dad from an early age. Highly unlikely to be legal, so demonstrates a disregard for the law in the family."

Who are you to judge someone you have never met, never spoken to and now will never know.

Your language is appalling

By *ornucopiaMan 43 weeks ago

Bexley

"

the bike they was on was not your normal peddle assist 15 mph version its basicaly electric off road bike that can do 40-50 mph theres half a dozen teats round here who have them aand no doubt it wont be long before one of those ends up dead to, same sort of people no helmets weaving in and out of traffic riding on wrong side of road and no doubt there parents will try blaming everyone else to when something happens"

Plus ça change.

This sort of things went on with motorbikes in the past. Then some graduated to cars, not usually their own.

Currently, scrotes (what a beautifully concise word) belt up and down my road, usually two up and in black hooded attire cocking a snook at those who do things legally. A less frequent variant is the noisy quad bike rider belting around town centres with no silencer and wearing a Guy Fawkes mask to evade identification.

No doubt if I am in collision with them it will be the end of my motoring career and I will probably also get my house burned down by their aggrieved parents and siblings.

One small point: What is the point in showing off if people can't see your face in order to shower you with the expected admiration? Or, are the majority of imagined admirers really thinking 'Tossers, scrotes, etc'?

May they all enjoy a heroic death on their infernal machines. It is the least they deserve for their bravery.

Terra Firma

"If you're being chased by flashing blues, you stop. Simple as that

Idiotic shocking statement to make, these two boys, no matter what they did or you thought died.

Since when was it capital punishment to be a daft young boy."

What would be the correct statement to make if you are chased by blue flashing lights?

What is the correct answer?

By *AFKA HovisMan 43 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"If you're being chased by flashing blues, you stop. Simple as that

Since when was it capital punishment to be a daft young boy.

What would be the correct statement to make if you are chased by blue flashing lights?

What is the correct answer? "

what do you do if you aren't being bluesed and twosed?

Leigh

Same scrote was taken off road riding "in the mountains" by his dad from an early age. Highly unlikely to be legal, so demonstrates a disregard for the law in the family.

Who are you to judge someone you have never met, never spoken to and now will never know.

Your language is appalling "

It is quite valid to judge criminal scrotes by their actions.

Most people are law abiding, however there is an increasing minority who think that the rules don't apply to them.

They are the first to complain about police brutality when things go wrong.

The scrotes families are blaming the police for chasing them to their death. Completely forgetting that the scrotes were riding illegally on the road on a bike not approved for road use, no license, no insurance, no helmet. All condoned by the family as they bought the bike and were told where the scrotes were going on it.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 43 weeks ago

Gilfach

"If you're being chased by flashing blues, you stop. Simple as that."

"Idiotic shocking statement to make, these two boys, no matter what they did or you thought died."

It looks to me like a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

Are you upset by the actual words that the poster used, or are you upset by the indifference that you imagine the poster has? If it's the poster's indifference, you might want to attack that, rather than his words.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

If the police see someone doing something illegal, do not pull you over, and someone then does as a consequence, does that put any responsibility on the police?

Does it matter who dies ?

(Remember, the police said did not chase and havent said they tried to stop.)

Your language is appalling

It is quite valid to judge criminal scrotes by their actions.

Most people are law abiding, however there is an increasing minority who think that the rules don't apply to them.

They are the first to complain about police brutality when things go wrong.

The scrotes families are blaming the police for chasing them to their death. Completely forgetting that the scrotes were riding illegally on the road on a bike not approved for road use, no license, no insurance, no helmet. All condoned by the family as they bought the bike and were told where the scrotes were going on it."

Do you feel better now you've written scrotes a few time?

By *ornucopiaMan 43 weeks ago

Bexley

"

Do you feel better now you've written scrotes a few time?"

Well, as another who used the term, I certainly couldn't think of a better one.

God knows how the word came to be coined, probably one stage more developed from being 'gobshites' (not a phrase I particularly like, descriptive though it usually is) but it certainly conveys the distaste most people feel for such characters!

Perhaps the poster should have repeatedly and sarcastically called them 'little darlings' instead?

"

God knows how the word came to be coined, probably one stage more developed from being 'gobshites' (not a phrase I particularly like, descriptive though it usually is) but it certainly conveys the distaste most people feel for such characters!

Perhaps the poster should have repeatedly and sarcastically called them 'little darlings' instead?"

Tedious

Leigh

"

Perhaps the poster should have repeatedly and sarcastically called them 'little darlings' instead?"

By *ynonvalleyboyMan 43 weeks ago

merthyr

There are several CCTV clips around, the one with the police close by it is rumoured the boys overtook the van. ELY has multiple roads bollarded off, scramblers dirt bikes and now electric bikes are everywhere.

I read somewhere one of the deceased had been arrested 20 times, nobody deserves to die so young, but whichever one was in control of the bike killed the other boy. A few months back 3 youngsters were killed in a car crash, somehow the police got the blame for that, full details have not come out but drink drugs and excess speed are all factors.

Tragic loss of life, I just wonder if the electric bike had hit a child what would people say then, the throttle must have been open for both to die at impact.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 43 weeks ago

golden fields

"

The word used to describe the young people wasn't really the issue. It was the celebration of two kids who made mistakes paying for it with their lives.

By *_the_impalerMan 43 weeks ago

canterbury

"Is it neglectful parenting? Should the parents be investigated along with the police, to determine if they played a part in their untimely deaths?

Personally I think they should be, the dead were children and parents have a duty to look after them and care for them. If they are found to have played a part in this through their actions or inactions then they should also face consequences. If this was done every time their are children dying because of being allowed to or given the means too put themselves in danger, the message might start to sink in and hopefully it will reduce this type of thing happening again

"

Perhaps as they were 'children' their parents should legally have parental responsibility for the 24/7 including when they are breaking the law. It may force parents to pay more attention to their children when they are out

By (user no longer on site) 43 weeks ago

How fast do these bikes go? Must have been going fast for

Both of them getting killed.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 43 weeks ago

Southport

"How fast do these bikes go? Must have been going fast for

Both of them getting killed.

"

When they were being followed by the police van they estimated 27mph according to house surveillance videos they past. If they had been wearing helmets they would have undoubtedly survived.

By *eroy1000Man 43 weeks ago

milton keynes

"If the police see someone doing something illegal, do not pull you over, and someone then does as a consequence, does that put any responsibility on the police?

"

That's the conundrum the police have. I don't know much about this case but thinking through the options, the police could put their lights and siren on and attempted a stop. That could have led to a chase which could have resulted in the riders injury or death. It could also have led to the injury or death of a passer by. If they did not put the lights and siren on then I assume it was to follow them and when they stop, arrest them in a safer situation. This is just an assumption, as I say I know very little about what happened. Anyway, there are a lot of 'could have's' in a chase. The only thing relatively certain is that if they were not breaking the law in the first place then it would not have happened.

Gilfach

"The word used to describe the young people wasn't really the issue. It was the celebration of two kids who made mistakes paying for it with their lives."

I don't see anyone celebrating the death of two kids. I see a lot of people that have no sympathy for them, but no one is celebrating.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"If the police see someone doing something illegal, do not pull you over, and someone then does as a consequence, does that put any responsibility on the police?

That's the conundrum the police have. I don't know much about this case but thinking through the options, the police could put their lights and siren on and attempted a stop. That could have led to a chase which could have resulted in the riders injury or death. It could also have led to the injury or death of a passer by. If they did not put the lights and siren on then I assume it was to follow them and when they stop, arrest them in a safer situation. This is just an assumption, as I say I know very little about what happened. Anyway, there are a lot of 'could have's' in a chase. The only thing relatively certain is that if they were not breaking the law in the first place then it would not have happened."

I agree with most of that. Im only throwning this put as ppl are asking questions about not stopping, when that's not part of this story (afaik). I'm also not 100pc what laws have been broken.

golden fields

"The word used to describe the young people wasn't really the issue. It was the celebration of two kids who made mistakes paying for it with their lives.

I don't see anyone celebrating the death of two kids. I see a lot of people that have no sympathy for them, but no one is celebrating."

11th post in the thread.

By *astandFeistyCouple 43 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"The word used to describe the young people wasn't really the issue. It was the celebration of two kids who made mistakes paying for it with their lives.

I don't see anyone celebrating the death of two kids. I see a lot of people that have no sympathy for them, but no one is celebrating.

11th post in the thread. "

Which words exactly? I don't see celebration in that post.

golden fields

11th post in the thread.

Which words exactly? I don't see celebration in that post."

"Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrotes off the street."

The rest of the post is displaying a lack of empathy, but this part is clearly displaying joy, celebration, happiness, (whatever you want to call it), of these people losing their lives.

Leigh

11th post in the thread.

"Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrotes off the street."

The rest of the post is displaying a lack of empathy, but this part is clearly displaying joy, celebration, happiness, (whatever you want to call it), of these people losing their lives."

Not celebration. Statement of fact.

Terra Firma

11th post in the thread.

The rest of the post is displaying a lack of empathy, but this part is clearly displaying joy, celebration, happiness, (whatever you want to call it), of these people losing their lives."

I'm not sure if you are adding a tone to this that might not be there.

If I read it with a tone of celebration it could work out how you see it, but I'm reading it in a tone of anger at the stupidity of 2 lives taken.

We could also be both wrong, adding tone is one sure way of getting wrong.

11th post in the thread.

You have a very distorted interpretation of other people's words......

golden fields

11th post in the thread.

The rest of the post is displaying a lack of empathy, but this part is clearly displaying joy, celebration, happiness, (whatever you want to call it), of these people losing their lives.

Not celebration. Statement of fact."

It's not a statement of fact with you use adjectives like "scrote". That implies this is a good thing to have happened in your view.

Maybe it's the way you worded it. I'm happy if you want to tell me I'm wrong and that you are in fact not pleased that these two kids died.

Gilfach

"11th post in the thread."

You mean:

"Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrotes off the street.

Trouble is that the "outcry" is likely to reduce police appetite for chasing and arresting these people. More effort should be made to deal with this scourge, including use of tactical contact early in most chases. If the riders are injured, so what."

I don't see any celebrating in those words. Yes the poster says that they have no sympathy, and they make it clear that they aren't upset, but I don't think they'd say that they are happy with the result. I'm sure they, like all of us, would rather the youngsters had stopped for the police, and not died at all.

Bournemouth

11th post in the thread.

I can see how those words may be seen as a celebration. I don't see it personally. Words like good, glad etc. I'd agree but to use a descriptive word (scrotes) doesn't mean the person is celebrating.

By *eroy1000Man 43 weeks ago

milton keynes

That's the conundrum the police have. I don't know much about this case but thinking through the options, the police could put their lights and siren on and attempted a stop. That could have led to a chase which could have resulted in the riders injury or death. It could also have led to the injury or death of a passer by. If they did not put the lights and siren on then I assume it was to follow them and when they stop, arrest them in a safer situation. This is just an assumption, as I say I know very little about what happened. Anyway, there are a lot of 'could have's' in a chase. The only thing relatively certain is that if they were not breaking the law in the first place then it would not have happened.I agree with most of that. Im only throwning this put as ppl are asking questions about not stopping, when that's not part of this story (afaik). I'm also not 100pc what laws have been broken.

"

Going purely from what I read here, the 2 lads were too young to have had insurance so that means the bike was uninsured, which is illegal. I guess without insurance it could not have been taxed, though if it was electric then possibly no tax due. The most striking bit was not wearing crash helmets which is illegal and sadly I suspect contributed to their deaths. The only hope is that other like minded youngsters take note and realise the possible consequences if their actions

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 28/05/23 20:17:20]

golden fields

"11th post in the thread.

You mean:

"Whatever happened, it is natural selection. Two more antisocial scrotes off the street.

I don't see any celebrating in those words. Yes the poster says that they have no sympathy, and they make it clear that they aren't upset, but I don't think they'd say that they are happy with the result. I'm sure they, like all of us, would rather the youngsters had stopped for the police, and not died at all."

Why don't we wait and see if the poster wants to clarify?

By *ndycoinsMan 43 weeks ago

Buxton

2 up on a pushbike is illegal.2 up on any other bike without the rider having a full(ie not provisional)licence is illegal.legitimate for the cops to get involved.neither had helmets on,another legitimate concern for the cops.makes a change for the cops not to turn a blind eye to kids out of control.

By *illan-KillashMan 43 weeks ago

11th post in the thread. "

Out of interest, who do you feel is responsible for the deaths of the 2 young lads?

golden fields

11th post in the thread.

Out of interest, who do you feel is responsible for the deaths of the 2 young lads?"

I don't know enough about what happened to have an opinion.

Terra Firma

11th post in the thread.

Out of interest, who do you feel is responsible for the deaths of the 2 young lads?

I don't know enough about what happened to have an opinion. "

No opinion? Don't know enough? Why comment?

By *ools and the brainCouple 43 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

11th post in the thread.

No opinion? Don't know enough? Why comment?"

The parents allowing them to ride a high speed ev without head protection.

And ultimately the poor lads themselves riding at high speed without head protection.

Crash helmets are a legal requirement for a motorcycle why not any form of eb/ev

By *ch WellMan 43 weeks ago

Scotland

Haven't read all the thread but my tuppence worth is that it's totally irrelevant whether the police were chasing or following them or what In my experience these sort of Neds fly about dangerously whether the police are there or not putting innocent motorist and pedestrian lives at risk. Simple fact is they shouldn't have been and police have every right to try stop them for our safety.

All this continual pointing finger of blame at police is heading us towards a totally lawless society. It's bad enough in some parts of Britain as it is

golden fields

11th post in the thread.

No opinion? Don't know enough? Why comment?"

Because they asked me a direct question about my opinion.

11th post in the thread.

Because they asked me a direct question about my opinion. "

The subject of which you admitted to having no opinion.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!"

Are you in ‘charge’ of the forums?

golden fields

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!"

Have a read before you get outraged. I declined to offer an opinion. Then had to justify why I had replied.

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!

Are you in ‘charge’ of the forums? "

I was not addressing you.....??

Go away and bait someone else.

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!

Are you in ‘charge’ of the forums?

I was not addressing you.....??

Go away and bait someone else.

"

I see, it seems strange that you are trying to ‘police’ what people can say on here

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!

Have a read before you get outraged. I declined to offer an opinion. Then had to justify why I had replied. "

"Outraged"...... Quite the extreme, as per.

I bow out, I have far more important matters to attend to on a (rare) free day to myself.

Good morning to you both.

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!

Have a read before you get outraged. I declined to offer an opinion. Then had to justify why I had replied.

I bow out, I have far more important matters to attend to on a (rare) free day to myself.

Good morning to you both. "

Seeya

golden fields

11th post in the thread.

Yet, you offered one.

Are you for real....?!

Good morning to you both. "

Yes we all have more important things to do that listen to you making up shit about people.

Have a good bank holiday.

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 29/05/23 10:51:55]

Bournemouth

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respectkids raising kids is a lot to do with it ."

Just spotted this one... its bullshit. We were kids raising kids, and out kids are just fine thanks.

One is at work and currently sitting her A-levels. The other is at this very moment in my garden singing with her friends.

Neither have ever been any trouble to any neighbourhood.

Dickheads raising dickheads is the problem here.

By *addad99Man 43 weeks ago

Rotherham

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respectkids raising kids is a lot to do with it .

Just spotted this one... its bullshit. We were kids raising kids, and out kids are just fine thanks.

One is at work and currently sitting her A-levels. The other is at this very moment in my garden singing with her friends.

Dickheads raising dickheads is the problem here."

totally agree it's how you show them how to live there life with respect for others.

Terra Firma

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

from young kids, to adults to authorities. We need to learn right from wrong and throw in some respectkids raising kids is a lot to do with it .

Dickheads raising dickheads is the problem here."

Ah one of my posts, and I'm not sure how you have read it as anything other than good parenting produces good children.. too many parents leave their kids to run riot and a turn blind eye to all manner of bullshit.

Bournemouth

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

Ah one of my posts, and I'm not sure how you have read it as anything other than good parenting produces good children.. too many parents leave their kids to run riot and a turn blind eye to all manner of bullshit.

"

It's not yours, it's the one under yours that states "kids raising kids is a lot to do with it"

Terra Firma

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

It's not yours, it's the one under yours that states "kids raising kids is a lot to do with it""

Bloody hell, I need to get an eye test, I didn’t see that one and I need too read properly!

No wonder you were pissed at the comment above!

Bournemouth

Who cares how it's seen.

Why not.

It's not yours, it's the one under yours that states "kids raising kids is a lot to do with it"

Bloody hell, I need to get an eye test, I didn’t see that one and I need too read properly!

No wonder you were pissed at the comment above!"

It obviously wasn't directed us but we're proof that it's not about kids raising. We were 20 (literally just) and 19 when our eldest was born, so kids raising kids. We were both horrible little bastards as teenagers but have still raised our children in the right way.

The old 'kids raising kids' argument is just lazy. As I said, it's more dickheads raising dickheads.

By *anda and CatCouple 43 weeks ago

And there we have it, loving aunty bought perfect 15 year old an illegal bike he couldn't ride until he was 16. Yet he still rode it illegally. That's ok then.

» Add a new message to this topic