FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Energy Price Cap

Energy Price Cap

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astandFeisty OP   Couple 47 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Announced that the energy price cap has been lowered and will come into effect from July.

Is it enough, or still way too high?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 47 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Better than nothing, hopefully prices for everything else will come down a bit.

By *ch WellMan 46 weeks ago

Scotland

"Announced that the energy price cap has been lowered and will come into effect from July.

Is it enough, or still way too high?"

When you consider we no longer get the £400 payment it's only been lowered to what we've been paying the last 6 months which was in itself still way too high for the average UK home

By *obilebottomMan 46 weeks ago

All over

They should ve lowering the actual daily charges and the unit prices, not just the price cap as that won't necessarily make much difference to a lot of people

By *exy_HornyCouple 46 weeks ago

Leigh

The main issue is that generators get paid at the rate of the most expensive method of generating electricity. Change it to the median and the problem goes away.

That may require nationalisation of the industry, but that is not a bad thing.

By *abioMan 46 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Announced that the energy price cap has been lowered and will come into effect from July.

Bearing in mind that the price is based on world gas and electricity prices it is what it is… I am just glad the price the cap is below the guarantee so prices will start coming down!

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 46 weeks ago

Gilfach

"The main issue is that generators get paid at the rate of the most expensive method of generating electricity. Change it to the median and the problem goes away."

If you change it to the median, all the lower cost generators will just raise their prices until we're back to where we started. The system we have isn't great, but it's the best option for everyone.

By *exy_HornyCouple 46 weeks ago

Leigh

"The main issue is that generators get paid at the rate of the most expensive method of generating electricity. Change it to the median and the problem goes away.

If you change it to the median, all the lower cost generators will just raise their prices until we're back to where we started. The system we have isn't great, but it's the best option for everyone."

That is why I said nationalise the industry. Only one generator then, and the price would be set by the government (ideally on a not for profit basis).

By *orleymanMan 46 weeks ago

Leeds

The price capping is a dangerous. They are now already talking about voluntary food caps.

But apparently this government is extremely right wing

Who ever thought right wing and price caps would go together

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 46 weeks ago

Hastings

Have to ask why cap something that causes Co2 emissions?

When I was young we did not have central heating just a gas fire in the lounge.

And hot water was used sparingly as it was expensive.

If you can't afford it cut back and help the planet.

Think Do you realy need central heating?

Or is it a luxury we gave just got use to.

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

"Have to ask why cap something that causes Co2 emissions?

"

Who cares about advances in living standards eh, let’s all sit around a 3 bar electric heater and bathe once a week.

Hastings

"Have to ask why cap something that causes Co2 emissions?

Who cares about advances in living standards eh, let’s all sit around a 3 bar electric heater and bathe once a week. "

Why not if that is all you can afford or just put a jumper on to keep warm.

We as a nation are over waight and under fit is that what you meen by advance in living standards.

By *rHotNottsMan 46 weeks ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Bearing in mind that the price is based on world gas and electricity prices it is what it is… I am just glad the price the cap is below the guarantee so prices will start coming down! "

This actually rubbish and that kind thinking just keeps you stuck.

I’m paying 23 fils per kwh ( 5p) for electric , nothing for gas it’s free , and 3.5 fils per gallon of water as we make our own electric and desalinate sea water. This world market stuff is a lie , it’s lack of innovation and lack of genuine care for the people. Utility’s, water and essential transport should be properly managed by single authorities and made cheap. It’s government 101

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

Bearing in mind that the price is based on world gas and electricity prices it is what it is… I am just glad the price the cap is below the guarantee so prices will start coming down!

I’m paying 23 fils per kwh ( 5p) for electric , nothing for gas it’s free , and 3.5 fils per gallon of water as we make our own electric and desalinate sea water. This world market stuff is a lie , it’s lack of innovation and lack of genuine care for the people. Utility’s, water and essential transport should be properly managed by single authorities and made cheap. It’s government 101 "

Our governments love to take credit when things are rosy. But when there's problems, its the world markets to blame or Putin for everything..

Hastings

I’m paying 23 fils per kwh ( 5p) for electric , nothing for gas it’s free , and 3.5 fils per gallon of water as we make our own electric and desalinate sea water. This world market stuff is a lie , it’s lack of innovation and lack of genuine care for the people. Utility’s, water and essential transport should be properly managed by single authorities and made cheap. It’s government 101 "

What is that in English what is a fils to £ ??

» Add a new message to this topic