Tories: tax, borrow, print and spend a lot

Labour: tax, borrow, print and spend some more

Libs: tax, borrow, print and spend even more

NHS

Tories: we love our mediocre health service more than the others

Labour: we love our mediocre health service more than the others

Libs: we love our mediocre health service more than the others

EU

Tories: tell everyone we've left the EU but carry on behaving like we are still in it

Labour: we wish we were in the EU but have to tell everyone that we are glad we left as we don't want to lose another election

Libs: whatever the EU Commission view is today.

Immigration

Tories: immigration is too high, but it's too difficult and requires a backbone

Labour: immigration is too low

Libs: immigration is too low

Ukraine

Tories: war

Labour: war

Libs: war

It's amazing how heated debate can get on Twitter etc when there is in fact almost zero ideological divide on offer from our political parties.

There has never been so little point in voting.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *9alMan 48 weeks ago

Bridgend

I think the political Parties have differences but unfortunately the leaders pander to an agenda set by Newspaper tycoons

By *irldnCouple 48 weeks ago

Brighton

not far off. Only one I would say is clearly wrong is Tory view on NHS which is more like = pretend we love the NHS but explore ways to continue privatisation by stealth so our mates (and us) can get rich.

By *astandFeistyCouple 48 weeks ago

Bournemouth

" not far off. Only one I would say is clearly wrong is Tory view on NHS which is more like = pretend we love the NHS but explore ways to continue privatisation by stealth so our mates (and us) can get rich. "

Have you seen the new plan to reduce waiting times?

By *uddy laneMan 48 weeks ago

dudley

Chatgpt... how do you solve the United kingdom's political and economic problems.

Answer...

By *idnight RamblerMan 48 weeks ago

Pershore

Is it compulsory for LibDem women to have a penis or just optional?

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"Is it compulsory for LibDem women to have a penis or just optional?"

No, it isn’t compulsory

By *ophieslutTV/TS 48 weeks ago

Central

There's the public stance and then there's the ideology that many in the party hold. The conservatives are almost like ferrets in a sack, they want to fight and run in different directions, especially towards an harder right.

Brighton

" not far off. Only one I would say is clearly wrong is Tory view on NHS which is more like = pretend we love the NHS but explore ways to continue privatisation by stealth so our mates (and us) can get rich.

Have you seen the new plan to reduce waiting times?"

Is that the one where GPs have to refer people to private medical providers and then the NHS has to pay the bill? Nice money for the private sector businesses with taxpayers picking up the bill!

Bournemouth

" not far off. Only one I would say is clearly wrong is Tory view on NHS which is more like = pretend we love the NHS but explore ways to continue privatisation by stealth so our mates (and us) can get rich.

Is that the one where GPs have to refer people to private medical providers and then the NHS has to pay the bill? Nice money for the private sector businesses with taxpayers picking up the bill!"

That's the one. Everyone is happy. Faster service and profits for private business

By *rHotNottsMan 48 weeks ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Is that the one where GPs have to refer people to private medical providers and then the NHS has to pay the bill? Nice money for the private sector businesses with taxpayers picking up the bill!

That's the one. Everyone is happy. Faster service and profits for private business "

Not happy if you’re currently paying 10-15K a year for that and poor people start using it for free , it’s bound to affect the service too. Already I’ve seen the nexpresso machines at the spire hospital replaced with a kettle and instant coffee , this is a healthcare crisis

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 48 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

At least somebody is cottoning on to the fact its all a load of rubbish and none of them have our interests at heart. Do you think the wealthy families and vested interests all went away back when they gave all men the vote in 1918? They didn't, and the old families are all still there in government, media, and entertainment.

Bournemouth

That's the one. Everyone is happy. Faster service and profits for private business

Not happy if you’re currently paying 10-15K a year for that and poor people start using it for free , it’s bound to affect the service too. Already I’ve seen the nexpresso machines at the spire hospital replaced with a kettle and instant coffee , this is a healthcare crisis "

That's fucking disgusting. Who would swap nespresso for instant. Absolute travesty.

By *eroy1000Man 48 weeks ago

milton keynes

That's the one. Everyone is happy. Faster service and profits for private business "

This is not a new thing. I recall when I was school age my mother needed an operation and the doctor did not want to wait to long on the NHS. Instead he sent her to a private hospital who booked her in and got the treatment done very very quickly. My mother did not have to pay anything so guess the money came from the doctors or other part of the health set up. This was not under a conservative government

milton keynes

Not happy if you’re currently paying 10-15K a year for that and poor people start using it for free , it’s bound to affect the service too. Already I’ve seen the nexpresso machines at the spire hospital replaced with a kettle and instant coffee , this is a healthcare crisis

That's fucking disgusting. Who would swap nespresso for instant. Absolute travesty."

Such a swap would not have occurred if we were in the EU

Bournemouth

This is not a new thing. I recall when I was school age my mother needed an operation and the doctor did not want to wait to long on the NHS. Instead he sent her to a private hospital who booked her in and got the treatment done very very quickly. My mother did not have to pay anything so guess the money came from the doctors or other part of the health set up. This was not under a conservative government"

Yeah that's always been available. However, it appears they are now going to allow patients to decide where they are treated via booking on the NHS app.

Brighton

This is not a new thing. I recall when I was school age my mother needed an operation and the doctor did not want to wait to long on the NHS. Instead he sent her to a private hospital who booked her in and got the treatment done very very quickly. My mother did not have to pay anything so guess the money came from the doctors or other part of the health set up. This was not under a conservative government

Yeah that's always been available. However, it appears they are now going to allow patients to decide where they are treated via booking on the NHS app."

The POINT is that over time this will:

A) Cease to be an exception

B) Cost more than it would have if delivered via the NHS so...

C) The NHS budget will be busted even further but who cares because...

D) Shareholders will be coining it in thanks to taxpayers!

milton keynes

Yeah that's always been available. However, it appears they are now going to allow patients to decide where they are treated via booking on the NHS app."

Ok that makes sense as to why I remember it and that it was under a Labour government. Sounds like they are making it easier to use, probably to get waiting times down. My mother's condition was quite urgent hence being referred to the private place. Do you know if this is still for urgent treatment or can anyone with any condition book via this app?. It would be interesting to see the price difference between the NHS and private for identical procedures

By *oo hotCouple 48 weeks ago

North West

Yeah that's always been available. However, it appears they are now going to allow patients to decide where they are treated via booking on the NHS app.

The POINT is that over time this will:

A) Cease to be an exception

B) Cost more than it would have if delivered via the NHS so...

C) The NHS budget will be busted even further but who cares because...

D) Shareholders will be coining it in thanks to taxpayers!"

This is correct.

The Government is failing to invest in the education of our future doctors and nurses and that is why we have shortages. When we have shortages in the NHS the private sector can ease demand at a far higher cost than had the NHS been correctly funded for educating and continuously developing its own staff.

This is actually a reflection of years and years of short termism and a failure to plan long term for the future.

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

"The current ideological divide between the main political parties seems to be:

Women and penises -

Tories: women can't have a penis

Labour: 1% of women can have a penis

Libs: women can clearly have a penis

Net Zero -

Tories: support

Labour: support

Libs: support

Economy:

NHS

EU

Tories: tell everyone we've left the EU but carry on behaving like we are still in it

Labour: we wish we were in the EU but have to tell everyone that we are glad we left as we don't want to lose another election

Immigration

Ukraine

It's amazing how heated debate can get on Twitter etc when there is in fact almost zero ideological divide on offer from our political parties.

There has never been so little point in voting."

Just stay off Twitter... easy!

By *ldgeezermeMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle

Women and penises -

Net Zero -

Economy:

NHS

EU

Immigration

Ukraine

Footwear

Tories: shoes

Labour: shoes

Libs: sandals

By *uddy laneMan 47 weeks ago

dudley

Put this to your friendly local neighbourhood mp.

Before I register my interest to vote what are you going to do for me.. myself and I.

I'll give you the answer absolutely nothing they are only in it for themselves not you.

By *abioMan 47 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

On the economy what you will actually find is that left leaning governments are more fiscally responsible than right leaning governments!

So how the tories have actually managed to Jedi Mind trick the majority of the population into believing it’s the opposite actually astounds me!

"On the economy what you will actually find is that left leaning governments are more fiscally responsible than right leaning governments!

So how the tories have actually managed to Jedi Mind trick the majority of the population into believing it’s the opposite actually astounds me! "

It makes me laugh - tories are still keen to pretend that present day woes are to be blamed on the previous labour government. 13 years later!

By *quirtyndirty!Couple 47 weeks ago

Nottingham

Totally agree with the OP

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 47 weeks ago

golden fields

"On the economy what you will actually find is that left leaning governments are more fiscally responsible than right leaning governments!

So how the tories have actually managed to Jedi Mind trick the majority of the population into believing it’s the opposite actually astounds me!

It makes me laugh - tories are still keen to pretend that present day woes are to be blamed on the previous labour government. 13 years later!"

It might be funny, but it works on the electorate.

By *uddy laneMan 47 weeks ago

dudley

It makes me laugh - tories are still keen to pretend that present day woes are to be blamed on the previous labour government. 13 years later!"

The bank bailouts lost the Labour government the election. They all take the piss out of the ignorant righteous voter.

It makes me laugh - tories are still keen to pretend that present day woes are to be blamed on the previous labour government. 13 years later!

The bank bailouts lost the Labour government the election. They all take the piss out of the ignorant righteous voter. "

Nobody takes the piss out of the average person quite as well as a Tory MP.

By *melie LALWoman 47 weeks ago

Peterborough

Women and penises -

Net Zero -

Economy:

NHS

EU

Immigration

Ukraine

NHS Tories - we pretend we like NHS but want it gone

By *melie LALWoman 47 weeks ago

Peterborough

" not far off. Only one I would say is clearly wrong is Tory view on NHS which is more like = pretend we love the NHS but explore ways to continue privatisation by stealth so our mates (and us) can get rich. "

Ok I'm a bit late

» Add a new message to this topic