FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Covid Enquiry

Covid Enquiry

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otVixenWhiteStag OP   Couple 47 weeks ago

Preston

I find it ironic that at a time when Government are wanting ever increased access to our private WhatsApp messages yet it would appear they are willing to go to court to block their own Covid Enquiry Board from seeing Boris Johnsons messages. Wonder what he/they have to hide ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mateur100Man 47 weeks ago

nr faversham

"I find it ironic that at a time when Government are wanting ever increased access to our private WhatsApp messages yet it would appear they are willing to go to court to block their own Covid Enquiry Board from seeing Boris Johnsons messages. Wonder what he/they have to hide ???"

He apparently is happy for them to be handed over...in principle yet the govt now claims it's not in possession of them. Just listened to rishi being interviewed on sky news and I'm sad to say it sounds like more of the same BS.

By *oo hotCouple 47 weeks ago

North West

Imagine that you were part of an event or circumstance that was being investigated in a formal enquiry… and refusing to hand over potential evidence because “you” feel that it is irrelevant.

I just think that senior politicians at the moment truly believe that they are above what is actually expected of them as citizens when in fact they should be setting an example by being open and transparent.

North West

It appears that the deadline for the Cabinet Office to handover unredacted messages and other material to the Covid Enquiry has passed. Nothing has been broadcast in the last hour to suggest that the Government has complied.

Can’t help but think that this might prove to be quite an important moment in the life of the Sunak Government. They cannot with any hope of legitimacy try to argue that the messages that they were sending via WhatsApp were “personal” if theirs same messages related to Government activities at the time.

They couldn’t survive making such an argument surely?

nr faversham

Bloody ridiculous. Every minute that passes weakens rishi's position and he's not helping himself

North West

And now it’s official. The Cabinet Office is seeking a Judicial Review citing an expectation of privacy.

Methinks this will spectacularly backfire and potentially result in ALL communications by ALL Politicians to anyone outside their direct family be on the record and subject to public scrutiny.

These fuckers want to be paid by the public, have all their expenses paid by the public and not to be held to account for the things that they say to each other.

Fuck That.

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

Rishi is fucked,

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan 47 weeks ago

here

"Rishi is fucked, "

Gone by Christmas ?

By *ammskiMan 47 weeks ago

lytham st.annes

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ? "

Sooner than that I hope

By *astandFeistyCouple 47 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ? "

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ? "

Nah, there is no one else, but he is fucked, Alexander v Sunak, who are you going for ?

here

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

Nah, there is no one else, but he is fucked, Alexander v Sunak, who are you going for ? "

You know the answer…

By *9alMan 47 weeks ago

Bridgend

there is no point in an enquiry if it does not have unrestricted access to all messages. If the government does not fully cooperate with the enquiry it is obviously corrupt & knows it made poor decisions that killed people

By *oversfunCouple 47 weeks ago

ayrshire

"And now it’s official. The Cabinet Office is seeking a Judicial Review citing an expectation of privacy.

Methinks this will spectacularly backfire and potentially result in ALL communications by ALL Politicians to anyone outside their direct family be on the record and subject to public scrutiny.

These fuckers want to be paid by the public, have all their expenses paid by the public and not to be held to account for the things that they say to each other.

Fuck That."

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

Nah, there is no one else, but he is fucked, Alexander v Sunak, who are you going for ?

You know the answer… "

Team Alex? , well he is fucked as well, no coming back for him, he is just trying to bring down Sunak, it will be great to watch

here

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Team Alex? , well he is fucked as well, no coming back for him, he is just trying to bring down Sunak, it will be great to watch "

Not just Sunak

Boris has had enough - gloves off - nothing to lose!

Popcorn at the ready

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Team Alex? , well he is fucked as well, no coming back for him, he is just trying to bring down Sunak, it will be great to watch

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready "

Yep, Alexander is about to destroy the Tory party, fantastic entertainment

nr faversham

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Yep, Alexander is about to destroy the Tory party, fantastic entertainment "

I'm disappointed but don't quite understand your delight at a decent MP (your words) getting screwed.

By *oversfunCouple 47 weeks ago

ayrshire

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

I'm disappointed but don't quite understand your delight at a decent MP (your words) getting screwed. "

Decent ma arse hes a fcking tory so il enjoy the show

nr faversham

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

I'm disappointed but don't quite understand your delight at a decent MP (your words) getting screwed.

Decent ma arse hes a fcking tory so il enjoy the show"

Lovely attitude. When the labour party is fucking the UK you'll be happy it's not the Tories???

By *astandFeistyCouple 47 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Decent ma arse hes a fcking tory so il enjoy the show"

This coming from a SNP supporter?

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

I'm disappointed but don't quite understand your delight at a decent MP (your words) getting screwed. "

‘The Tory party’ getting destroyed

nr faversham

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

‘The Tory party’ getting destroyed "

Good evening chuckles

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles "

I agree, it will be hilarious to watch

nr faversham

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

I agree, it will be hilarious to watch "

Be careful what you wish for

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

Be careful what you wish for "

I am wishing for a less corrupt and shit government, not too much to ask for

nr faversham

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

I am wishing for a less corrupt and shit government, not too much to ask for "

And you're confident that SKS will deliver? You have my pity if you're that naive

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 47 weeks ago

Hastings

"I find it ironic that at a time when Government are wanting ever increased access to our private WhatsApp messages yet it would appear they are willing to go to court to block their own Covid Enquiry Board from seeing Boris Johnsons messages. Wonder what he/they have to hide ???"

The government challenge is to set a president in Law.

It will be the first cast to prove if what you say on WhatsApp is evidence. Even if said in private?

And set out when a private conversation on WhatsApp between 2 people becomes not private.

We had a group chat as work colleagues and some one said something negative about another colleague and they screenshot the comment and ended up in a disaplinary over it. As HR said it was not appropriate on a group work chat even though it was on a personal device. So watch this space.

Hastings

"Imagine that you were part of an event or circumstance that was being investigated in a formal enquiry… and refusing to hand over potential evidence because “you” feel that it is irrelevant.

I just think that senior politicians at the moment truly believe that they are above what is actually expected of them as citizens when in fact they should be setting an example by being open and transparent."

So is you WhatsApp privet or public. Time will tell.

It could end up with someone on this site for example being taken to court for being sexist. If there comments in the forum are sexist and taken that way..

Do you think your posts hear could be used in a court against you.

By *melie LALWoman 47 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

And you're confident that SKS will deliver? You have my pity if you're that naive "

How many fines did the labour politicians receive compared to the Tory politicians over illegal parties?

By *melie LALWoman 47 weeks ago

Peterborough

"And now it’s official. The Cabinet Office is seeking a Judicial Review citing an expectation of privacy.

Fuck That."

As Jess Phillips said on Question Time comparing a victim not able to withhold her phone from scrutiny - it's one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us, once again.

Anyway, isn't this review just a delaying tactic by a sitting govt who want us to forget their, errr errors, in time for the next GE?

By *AFKA HovisMan 47 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Me thinks the WhatsApps have more of a sting for sunak than bojo.

No sympathy about WhatsApp. Don't do government business on private messaging services. And don't go trying to force backdoors into said messaging services and then complain when your privacy is up for grabs.

North West

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

And you're confident that SKS will deliver? You have my pity if you're that naive "

Starmer was awarded a Knighthood in 2014 under a Conservative Government. He was Knighted for his success in transforming the Crown Prosecution Service into a far more functional service than it was when he took over.

He fired people, he hired people and he put the best people to do the jobs in the roles that were available.

That is good experience when it comes to taking over the shambles of Government that we are currently living with.

Simple logic based on his (Starmer’s) lived experiences would suggest that political leanings aside, he will probably build a better governing team than what we have had since 2010.

North West

"Imagine that you were part of an event or circumstance that was being investigated in a formal enquiry… and refusing to hand over potential evidence because “you” feel that it is irrelevant.

I just think that senior politicians at the moment truly believe that they are above what is actually expected of them as citizens when in fact they should be setting an example by being open and transparent.

It could end up with someone on this site for example being taken to court for being sexist. If there comments in the forum are sexist and taken that way..

Do you think your posts hear could be used in a court against you."

All Government communications should be on the record and open to public scrutiny. Setting up special interest groups within parliamentary political parties on WhatsApp is by definition an attempt to avoid scrutiny.

These people are public servants they don’t have the right to set up secret communication channels with each other as a means of advancing a certain policy or ideology.

Fuck them. Who do they think they are?

Hastings

All Government communications should be on the record and open to public scrutiny. Setting up special interest groups within parliamentary political parties on WhatsApp is by definition an attempt to avoid scrutiny.

These people are public servants they don’t have the right to set up secret communication channels with each other as a means of advancing a certain policy or ideology.

Fuck them. Who do they think they are?"

So I guess you think all there private communication should be made public as well then just because they are in office.

Would that be the same for all government employees.

By *AFKA HovisMan 47 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

So I guess you think all there private communication should be made public as well then just because they are in office.

Would that be the same for all government employees."

define private communications...

They are not being made ‘public ‘

here

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

And you're confident that SKS will deliver? You have my pity if you're that naive

Starmer was awarded a Knighthood in 2014 under a Conservative Government. He was Knighted for his success in transforming the Crown Prosecution Service into a far more functional service than it was when he took over.

He fired people, he hired people and he put the best people to do the jobs in the roles that were available.

That is good experience when it comes to taking over the shambles of Government that we are currently living with.

Simple logic based on his (Starmer’s) lived experiences would suggest that political leanings aside, he will probably build a better governing team than what we have had since 2010."

“You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear”

By *otMe66Man 47 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Good evening chuckles

Simple logic based on his (Starmer’s) lived experiences would suggest that political leanings aside, he will probably build a better governing team than what we have had since 2010."

Who are his star ministers, who is underpinning the team? This is how labour fall by the wayside for me, I have a view of the leader but a less than a clear view of the potential in the ministers.

By *otMe66Man 47 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Time and time again messages are being asked for and submitted to enquiries, and they never learn not to write anything that can be used against them.

They then scurry around making an awful mess of their public perceptions.

This is the tories, I feel they are better at hiding things than any other party would be through experience, but they still get it very wrong!

I have no idea how this scrutiny is going to play out for a labour government when in power and they under the spotlight, they had better get up to speed and quickly.

here

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Yep, Alexander is about to destroy the Tory party, fantastic entertainment "

Boris bypasses the Cabinet Office and sends the material directly to Lady Hallett

"Rishi is fucked,

Gone by Christmas ?

You know the answer…

Not just Sunak

Popcorn at the ready

Boris bypasses the Cabinet Office and sends the material directly to Lady Hallett "

Yep, he doesn’t care about the damage he is doing to

‘His ‘ party,

By *ired_upMan 47 weeks ago

ashton

It turns out that eat out to help out is the focus of the enquiry.

It was done with no checking with the scientists on what may happen.

Rather than finishing off Johnson....it may bring down Rishi.

North West

"It turns out that eat out to help out is the focus of the enquiry.

Rather than finishing off Johnson....it may bring down Rishi."

There would be some irony in that lol

By *allySlinkyWoman 46 weeks ago

Leeds

This is obviously why Johnson has bypassed the Government and submitted his unredacted WhatsApps. He wants to bring down Sunak as revenge for toppling him as PM

By *entadreadMan 46 weeks ago

Essex

I just think that senior politicians at the moment truly believe that they are above what is actually expected of them as citizens when in fact they should be setting an example by being open and transparent."

Spot on!

Essex

Yes it would, that is the job of inquiries, you give them a scope, they ask for what they need, write reports, submit them. You cannot be summoned, and refuse, claiming your presence will not be relevant to the inquiry.Common Sense people!!

Essex

"This is obviously why Johnson has bypassed the Government and submitted his unredacted WhatsApps. He wants to bring down Sunak as revenge for toppling him as PM"

I actually think the government is using this to plaster over a bad couple of weeks it is having. Immigration, economy/inflation. We are talking about their own inquiry, suing the same inquiry they set up... this is a news agenda that is taking up column spaces, the air waves, radio...

By *AFKA HovisMan 46 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"It turns out that eat out to help out is the focus of the enquiry.

Rather than finishing off Johnson....it may bring down Rishi."

imo the chancellor needed to out the case forward for the economy*. The capitalist devils advocate. The cabinet and PM then needed to weigh that up against other cases.

Follow the science was HMG tag line. Not the treasury.

*I don't agree that eat out was the case to argue tho.

» Add a new message to this topic