FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > A millionaire are you or are you not

A millionaire are you or are you not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ove2pleaseseuk OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Hastings

What do you class as a millionaire someone living in a property over a million, someone with a million invested for there retirement or someone with a million in the bank.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

"What do you class as a millionaire someone living in a property over a million, someone with a million invested for there retirement or someone with a million in the bank."

If you have assets valuing over a million, you’re a millionaire. Including houses (if your mortgage is paid off)

By *orleymanMan 41 weeks ago

Leeds

"What do you class as a millionaire someone living in a property over a million, someone with a million invested for there retirement or someone with a million in the bank."

Some one who has multiple millions of pounds in the bank.

Hastings

As I thought we all see it diferant

By *vbride1963TV/TS 41 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TkpU8i6noUk

Definitely different .

By *rucks and TrailersMan 41 weeks ago

Ealing

I would classify it as someone with one million pounds in the bank. Assets tied up in houses or pension funds are not readily accessible and in addition may be subject to capital gains tax.

By *uddy laneMan 41 weeks ago

dudley

Someone who has a coutts bank account.

An MP, probably...

"What do you class as a millionaire someone living in a property over a million, someone with a million invested for there retirement or someone with a million in the bank.

Some one who has multiple millions of pounds in the bank."

So to be a millionaire you need to be a multimillionaire

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 41 weeks ago

Gilfach

I'm surprised by this thread. I thought that we all shared the same definition, and there would be no discussion. I'm startled to find that different people have different definitions.

It's no wonder we have so much misunderstanding in this thread if we all have different ideas on what words mean.

By *estivalMan 41 weeks ago

borehamwood

Someone who has a million in cash in the bank, having property worth a million is not the same as having a million to spend

By *otMe66Man 41 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Interesting how a word such as millionaire has been held onto as a benchmark that was once outside the reach of nearly all, but is now in reach of so many.

What would a person today need to own to be at the equivalent wealth of a millionaire in 1960?

I would count it as a combination of your assets and cash probably, even though you might actually be cash poor

By *orleymanMan 41 weeks ago

Leeds

My reasoning for over million in the bank is that I could have a house that can go up and down in value over 1m but I cant access the funds readily and if I accessed the equity I am taking on debt to the bank and greater cost than said equity.

If I have 1million and one pound and I buy a big mac meal. Suddenly I don't have 1m in the bank.

My idea of a millionaire is some one that can functionally live the lifestyle of a rich person and it would leave at least £1m in the bank.

I've approached it from an accountant POV most likely.

By *irldnCouple 41 weeks ago

Brighton

"My reasoning for over million in the bank is that I could have a house that can go up and down in value over 1m but I cant access the funds readily and if I accessed the equity I am taking on debt to the bank and greater cost than said equity.

If I have 1million and one pound and I buy a big mac meal. Suddenly I don't have 1m in the bank.

My idea of a millionaire is some one that can functionally live the lifestyle of a rich person and it would leave at least £1m in the bank.

I've approached it from an accountant POV most likely."

I’d agree with that. House price inflation has actually devalued the meaning of being “a millionaire”. There’s a few old folk living in central London properties that probably don’t feel like millionaires.

By *ornucopiaMan 41 weeks ago

Bexley

I recently read that most householders have up to a million possessions.

On that basis, I am a multi millionaire!

Hastings

"Interesting how a word such as millionaire has been held onto as a benchmark that was once outside the reach of nearly all, but is now in reach of so many.

What would a person today need to own to be at the equivalent wealth of a millionaire in 1960? "

It's strange times when you really need about £3 million if not more to be rich depending on where you live.

Hastings

"My reasoning for over million in the bank is that I could have a house that can go up and down in value over 1m but I cant access the funds readily and if I accessed the equity I am taking on debt to the bank and greater cost than said equity.

I’d agree with that. House price inflation has actually devalued the meaning of being “a millionaire”. There’s a few old folk living in central London properties that probably don’t feel like millionaires. "

Guess a million won't get you a lot of property in Brighton.

Per the OED:

“A person whose assets are worth at least a million pounds (dollars, etc.); a person of great wealth.“

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 41 weeks ago

golden fields

Someone who has access to a million quid, is presumably a millionaire.

By *astandFeistyCouple 41 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"Per the OED:

“A person whose assets are worth at least a million pounds (dollars, etc.); a person of great wealth.“"

Technically assets worth a million would be correct.

I wouldn't agree that a millionaire is a person of great wealth though.

My real estate assets are over a million. My bank account on the other had says different in being a millionaire.

By *irldnCouple 41 weeks ago

Brighton

I’d agree with that. House price inflation has actually devalued the meaning of being “a millionaire”. There’s a few old folk living in central London properties that probably don’t feel like millionaires.

Guess a million won't get you a lot of property in Brighton. "

It wouldn’t I’m afraid. And Hove is even more expensive. One reason they call it London-on-Sea.

Why is this a political question..?

By *loscouplegl3Couple 41 weeks ago

Gloucester

A millionaire is defined by their Net Worth.

Which includes cash, assets and investments.

Living a ‘millionaires lifestyle’ needs a shed load of liquid cash.

Hastings

"Why is this a political question..?"

Just thought it fitted better hear then in the lounge

By *rNice.Man 41 weeks ago

Doncaster

"fuck you money" in the Bank AKA Farage ?

» Add a new message to this topic