FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > PM courting the motorist vote?

PM courting the motorist vote?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bernath OP   Couple 32 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

So PM is going all gung-ho on driving. Trying to portray himself as the champion of drivers. Scrapping 20 mph zones some minor things about allowing the sale of petrol and diesel well into the 2030’s.

Really it’s all smokescreen, If he really wanted to do anything, it would be to cut Road tax on new vehicles which is ridiculously high.

I don’t think he is being serious, amateurish at best. I think it’s an attempt to woo the public into thinking he is on their side.

I suspect if anything he really doesn’t care about motorists. Preferring to fly everywhere in a helicopter. But of course, we can’t talk about that, can we?

Out of touch, out of ideas, and hopefully out of office soon enough.

Anyone care to disagree?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 32 weeks ago

"So PM is going all gung-ho on driving. Trying to portray himself as the champion of drivers. Scrapping 20 mph zones some minor things about allowing the sale of petrol and diesel well into the 2030’s.

Really it’s all smokescreen, If he really wanted to do anything, it would be to cut Road tax on new vehicles which is ridiculously high.

I don’t think he is being serious, amateurish at best. I think it’s an attempt to woo the public into thinking he is on their side.

I suspect if anything he really doesn’t care about motorists. Preferring to fly everywhere in a helicopter. But of course, we can’t talk about that, can we?

Anyone care to disagree?

"

Absolute populist nonsense. And still nobody from the conservatives wants to acknowledge that ULEZ was Johnson’s baby.

By *otMe66Man 32 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"So PM is going all gung-ho on driving. Trying to portray himself as the champion of drivers. Scrapping 20 mph zones some minor things about allowing the sale of petrol and diesel well into the 2030’s.

Anyone care to disagree?

Absolute populist nonsense. And still nobody from the conservatives wants to acknowledge that ULEZ was Johnson’s baby."

I'm not sure it matters where it started, it is how it is being used now to rip cash out of peoples pockets under a false premise.

Anyone care to disagree?

Absolute populist nonsense. And still nobody from the conservatives wants to acknowledge that ULEZ was Johnson’s baby.

I'm not sure it matters where it started, it is how it is being used now to rip cash out of peoples pockets under a false premise.

"

Possible expansion of ULEZ was mentioned in Khan’s mayoral manifesto and he was elected.

Terra Firma

Anyone care to disagree?

Possible expansion of ULEZ was mentioned in Khan’s mayoral manifesto and he was elected.

"

He is doing a blinding job of eroding the lead of labour

Anyone care to disagree?

He is doing a blinding job of eroding the lead of labour"

That’s not relevant to the point though. You claimed a ‘false premise’ where there is none.

And Khan still leads mayoral polling, just as labour leads national polling (by 20 points)

Terra Firma

Anyone care to disagree?

That’s not relevant to the point though. You claimed a ‘false premise’ where there is none.

And Khan still leads mayoral polling, just as labour leads national polling (by 20 points)

"

Oh I see, the false premise I refer to is the one that everyone recognises... Clean air, ultra low emissions zones

BS, out the window, don't worry about it, it is okay carry on driving your polluting vehicle, simply line my pockets with the folding stuff and carry on.

That false premise...

Anyone care to disagree?

Oh I see, the false premise I refer to is the one that everyone recognises... Clean air, ultra low emissions zones

BS, out the window, don't worry about it, it is okay carry on driving your polluting vehicle, simply line my pockets with the folding stuff and carry on.

That false premise..."

What was the impact of ULEZ on Nitrogen dioxide and other pollutants in the zone?

By *estivalMan 32 weeks ago

borehamwood

Anyone care to disagree?

Absolute populist nonsense. And still nobody from the conservatives wants to acknowledge that ULEZ was Johnson’s baby."

populism wins votes so easy to see why he doing it he wants to win next election bit like what starmmers doing, its all about getting into power, if you think any of them are for the public i have a bridge to sell you

Terra Firma

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

What was the impact of ULEZ on Nitrogen dioxide and other pollutants in the zone? "

I'm so looking forward to seeing the other tory party take office next year, your posts will be very interesting.

By *astandFeistyCouple 32 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

What was the impact of ULEZ on Nitrogen dioxide and other pollutants in the zone?

I'm so looking forward to seeing the other tory party take office next year, your posts will be very interesting. "

There's a few I'm looking forward to. It won't be next year though, everything will be rosy to begin with, at least, it should be.

By *melie LALWoman 32 weeks ago

Peterborough

Anyone care to disagree?

"

Road tax is shit! I went from paying £30 annually to £140 for being eco-friendly and getting a small hybrid! FFS!!!!!

By *eroy1000Man 32 weeks ago

milton keynes

Anyone care to disagree?

"

A politician trying to win votes as the next GE gradually approaches. Not earth shattering news and suspect there will be more events like this targeted at other groups. What ever he says or introduces will only last until the GE as then SKS can reverse them all so not worth worrying about.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 32 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Road tax is shit! I went from paying £30 annually to £140 for being eco-friendly and getting a small hybrid! FFS!!!!!"

No one has paid car tax since it was abolished in 1936. You pay car tax.

"Road tax is shit! I went from paying £30 annually to £140 for being eco-friendly and getting a small hybrid! FFS!!!!!

No one has paid car tax since it was abolished in 1936. You pay car tax."

Is that a riddle..?

By *ustintime69Man 32 weeks ago

Bristol

"Road tax is shit! I went from paying £30 annually to £140 for being eco-friendly and getting a small hybrid! FFS!!!!!

Is that a riddle..?"

No…just the grammar police

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

I'm so looking forward to seeing the other tory party take office next year, your posts will be very interesting. "

Well according to some on here, we’ll have 13 years of labour government during which it’s perfectly acceptable to blame the tories for everything.

Gilfach

"Road tax is shit! I went from paying £30 annually to £140 for being eco-friendly and getting a small hybrid! FFS!!!!!"

"No one has paid car tax since it was abolished in 1936. You pay car tax."

"Is that a riddle..?"

What a dope! I meant to say that no one has paid Road Tax since 1936.

I'm always amazed that so many people still call it Road Tax, despite it not having existed in their lifetime.

Peterborough

Is that a riddle..?

What a dope! I meant to say that no one has paid Road Tax since 1936.

I'm always amazed that so many people still call it Road Tax, despite it not having existed in their lifetime."

It is for permission to use the roads tho

Gilfach

"I'm always amazed that so many people still call it Road Tax, despite it not having existed in their lifetime."

"It is for permission to use the roads tho"

No it jolly well isn't. We all get to use the roads for free, pedestrians, cyclists, and car drivers. The car tax money goes into central government funds, and none of it is reserved for roads.

You pay your car tax for the privilege of driving your vehicle on public land.

Terra Firma

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

I'm so looking forward to seeing the other tory party take office next year, your posts will be very interesting.

Well according to some on here, we’ll have 13 years of labour government during which it’s perfectly acceptable to blame the tories for everything. "

You will be up to 26 years of blaming the tories by then.

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

Well according to some on here, we’ll have 13 years of labour government during which it’s perfectly acceptable to blame the tories for everything.

"

Oh no, unlike some I’ll blame the incumbents fully when it is deserved.

Terra Firma

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

Oh no, unlike some I’ll blame the incumbents fully when it is deserved."

I'm looking forward to agreeing with you

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

I'm looking forward to agreeing with you "

You should be agreeing with me more at present.

Terra Firma

Anyone care to disagree?

That false premise...

I'm looking forward to agreeing with you

You should be agreeing with me more at present. "

I actually do at times think you make some good points, but then you go left wing DEFCON 1 and you've lost me.

Peterborough

"I'm always amazed that so many people still call it Road Tax, despite it not having existed in their lifetime.

It is for permission to use the roads tho

No it jolly well isn't. We all get to use the roads for free, pedestrians, cyclists, and car drivers. The car tax money goes into central government funds, and none of it is reserved for roads.

You pay your car tax for the privilege of driving your vehicle on public land."

Ok I should have stated public roads. And yes I know the tax goes into the general govt coffers.

By *I TwoCouple 32 weeks ago

all around

Anyone care to disagree?

"

He needs to link tax allowances to inflation and backdate them ... that'll win votes

By *oo hotCouple 32 weeks ago

North West

Anyone care to disagree?

"

If the Govt really wanted to do anything for drivers they would clamp down on the way that private parking companies operate and stop the ridiculous breach of data protection whereby a parking company can request personal data from the DVLA without fear of repercussions even if/when their systems/processes are failing ordinary people.

If people want their private land protecting, or parking controlled - fit a fucking barrier instead of relying on the dodgy and unreliable CCTV installations offered by private parking companies.

No other companies in the U.K. can operate with such intimidatory tactics as private parking companies. Wonder why?

» Add a new message to this topic