FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Plan for UK to host thousands of Gaza refugees drawn up by charities

Plan for UK to host thousands of Gaza refugees drawn up by charities

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 28 weeks ago

nearby

The irony from the UK, the country that sided with Israel and its allies to steal Palestinian land now wants to house their orphans and homeless.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *deepdiveMan 28 weeks ago

France / Birmingham

"The irony from the UK, the country that sided with Israel and its allies to steal Palestinian land now wants to house their orphans and homeless. "

I read that and thought the same.

I am sure that the UK has also supplied arms or, if not, finance to buy them, to Israel so effectively the UK is offering to house those it indirectly made homeless.

...and to what end?

How will those people feel if they come to the UK?

Grateful?

Will they become model citizens?

What happens in the Jewish community - will they support this?

I doubt if the UK will end up taking any of the Palestinians from Gaza and fear that this is just click bait however; you never know!

By *idnight RamblerMan 28 weeks ago

Pershore

Nothing more certain than a wave of Palestinian refugees I'd have thought. The SNP are encouraging it, as will some politicians in England. They just forget to as the rest of us.

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

There’s a reason no other Middle Eastern countries will accept Palestinian refugees

Jordanian civil war, Lebanese civil war and black September

And now we want to accept them in?

Imagine being a Jew in the uk right now. “Hey we’re gonna take in a bunch of people that want up dead, hope that’s chill”

These people also openly hate anything LGBT and women’s rights.

Expect to see hate crimes continue to increase if we decide to tolerate the intolerant

By *addad99Man 28 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

When will we learn leave them to kill each other none of are business and definitely don't want either coming here

By *irldnCouple 28 weeks ago

Brighton

I believe anyone given sanctuary in the UK and the privilege of being welcomed into our country should be required to sign a legally binding declaration that they will respect the British cultural norms and accepted forms of behaviour and that any misdemeanour (including hate speech or any criminal act) will result in immediate deportation back to where they came from.

I do believe the UK should do our bit to help genuine refugees escaping war etc but those we help and welcome in MUST respect our society and our way of life.

By *ony 2016Man 28 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

"When will we learn leave them to kill each other none of are business and definitely don't want either coming here "

I strongly suspect these countries were thinking their land was none of our business when we invaded and built our Great British Empire ( of course I may be wrong )

"There’s a reason no other Middle Eastern countries will accept Palestinian refugees

Jordanian civil war, Lebanese civil war and black September

And now we want to accept them in?

Imagine being a Jew in the uk right now. “Hey we’re gonna take in a bunch of people that want up dead, hope that’s chill”

These people also openly hate anything LGBT and women’s rights.

Expect to see hate crimes continue to increase if we decide to tolerate the intolerant "

All other Middle Eastern countries are basically run by dictators or King's who hardly tolerate their own citizens.

But hey if you think that's the kind of people who should be a reference for your own moral compass, thats up to you.

Rotherham /newquay

"I believe anyone given sanctuary in the UK and the privilege of being welcomed into our country should be required to sign a legally binding declaration that they will respect the British cultural norms and accepted forms of behaviour and that any misdemeanour (including hate speech or any criminal act) will result in immediate deportation back to where they came from.

I do believe the UK should do our bit to help genuine refugees escaping war etc but those we help and welcome in MUST respect our society and our way of life."

it will never happen

Rotherham /newquay

"When will we learn leave them to kill each other none of are business and definitely don't want either coming here .

I strongly suspect these countries were thinking their land was none of our business when we invaded and built our Great British Empire ( of course I may be wrong ) "

good try but completely different and many moons ago

"When will we learn leave them to kill each other none of are business and definitely don't want either coming here .

I strongly suspect these countries were thinking their land was none of our business when we invaded and built our Great British Empire ( of course I may be wrong ) good try but completely different and many moons ago "

Many moons ago, didn't stop the British government of the time recognising the Zionist movements demand to create a state of Israel. They should have told them they fled many moons ago.

Maybe if you also sell or give governments weapons to flatten peoples homes and make them homeless, maybe you do have some moral responsibility.

By *ools and the brainCouple 28 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"I believe anyone given sanctuary in the UK and the privilege of being welcomed into our country should be required to sign a legally binding declaration that they will respect the British cultural norms and accepted forms of behaviour and that any misdemeanour (including hate speech or any criminal act) will result in immediate deportation back to where they came from.

I do believe the UK should do our bit to help genuine refugees escaping war etc but those we help and welcome in MUST respect our society and our way of life."

It's a great idea in principle but to many apologist's around who will jump to defend their right to free speech even if that free speech is spreading hate and violence.

Rotherham /newquay

I strongly suspect these countries were thinking their land was none of our business when we invaded and built our Great British Empire ( of course I may be wrong ) good try but completely different and many moons ago

Many moons ago, didn't stop the British government of the time recognising the Zionist movements demand to create a state of Israel. They should have told them they fled many moons ago.

Maybe if you also sell or give governments weapons to flatten peoples homes and make them homeless, maybe you do have some moral responsibility. "

there's that special word morals dam that alone should stop all wars not who can afford morals

I strongly suspect these countries were thinking their land was none of our business when we invaded and built our Great British Empire ( of course I may be wrong ) good try but completely different and many moons ago

Maybe if you also sell or give governments weapons to flatten peoples homes and make them homeless, maybe you do have some moral responsibility. there's that special word morals dam that alone should stop all wars not who can afford morals "

I guess the political elite can be forgiven for having no morals or scruples. The indirectly probably benefit in some way from conflicts. But what reason does Joe Public have, considering his, her taxes pay for it and the fallout.

The UK should run a scheme similar to the one for Ukrainian families. I’m sure there will be no end of volunteers.

Probably a few hosts will end up being murdered or decapitated etc but it’s just minor collateral damage. More important the UK leads the world in caring and sets an example to whoever out there might be watching.

By *AFKA HovisMan 28 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Good as thread to ask as any...

What nationality would these folk have on their passports ?

By *enrythe8thMan 28 weeks ago

worthing

The uk has become a shit hole of the world...

I’ve had enough of all the bullshit about racism refugees homeless d*unks druggeys and social scum bags claiming our tax money and the pensioners go without.::

And everyone’s got mental health issues..

All bloody idiots...

And yes as no one else has the balls to say it??

I’m a white English male...

And white peoples lives matter..

Life is bloody hard...

Everyones so hard done by..

Get a job all you loser and bums

By *deepdiveMan 28 weeks ago

France / Birmingham

"The uk has become a shit hole of the world...

I’ve had enough of all the bullshit about racism refugees homeless d*unks druggeys and social scum bags claiming our tax money and the pensioners go without.::

And everyone’s got mental health issues..

All bloody idiots...

And yes as no one else has the balls to say it??

I’m a white English male...

And white peoples lives matter..

Life is bloody hard...

Everyones so hard done by..

Get a job all you loser and bums"

I never thought I'd say it but I tend to agree!

Look at the problems France has with the number of Muslim people in its society.

Britain doesn't want to and should not go down the same route.

If you want to live in a country, you need to accept it's values and contribute to society.

Brighton

"If you want to live in a country, you need to accept it's values and contribute to society."

Totally agree with that

By *ools and the brainCouple 28 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

[Removed by poster at 24/10/23 10:49:05]

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 28 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

It's not housing refugees its just relocating people, akin to how the native Americans were put in reservations. Too much influence from Israel and zionists in many western governments.

Of course they're 'refugees from war' and not being forced to relocate to foreign lands. The level of hypocrisy is disgusting.

Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 28 weeks ago

golden fields

"It's not housing refugees its just relocating people, akin to how the native Americans were put in reservations. Too much influence from Israel and zionists in many western governments.

Of course they're 'refugees from war' and not being forced to relocate to foreign lands. The level of hypocrisy is disgusting.

Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more."

Purely depends on who buys the most arms from them.

By *mateur100Man 28 weeks ago

nr faversham

"It's not housing refugees its just relocating people, akin to how the native Americans were put in reservations. Too much influence from Israel and zionists in many western governments.

Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more."

Why do you seem to be anti USA

Newcastle under Lyme

Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more.

Why do you seem to be anti USA "

Was the native Americans reference? First thing that came to mind that was most similar. That said, its hardly like Britain isn't known for deliberately displacing people either. You could even go as far back as the Glencoe Massacre and the relocation of highlanders to see that this sort of thing has been going on for hundreds of years.

Point being, all of it is totally avoidable but its arse holes at the very top instigating these sort of things to line their own pockets with profit. As for being anti American hubby is half yank himself, make of that what you will.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 28 weeks ago

Border of London

"Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more."

Does NATO react every time a soldier from a NATO country, who is operating in a non-NATO peacekeeping region, is attacked? That's not how it works...

Or are you suggesting that the Democratic Republic of Gaza is brought into NATO? Interesting thought.

"Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more.

Does NATO react every time a soldier from a NATO country, who is operating in a non-NATO peacekeeping region, is attacked? That's not how it works...

Or are you suggesting that the Democratic Republic of Gaza is brought into NATO? Interesting thought."

No US military shot down a Turkish drone in Syria. Did that invoke article 5 ? If Turkey wants to be that stupid to even attempt it how many nations will agree? ... I would say 0. Turkey took that adventure on itself as with the drone. We just said oops it was a mistake. A armed drone flew too close and we dropped it. So she can tell her husband wishful thinking. It won't happen it's not Turkish soil. Everyone has to agree to the conflict in order to invoke article 5 .Unless Turkey wants to go it alone. Then more power to them . Facts .

"Hubby hopes the UN, or better yet, Turkey sends peacekeepers to Gaza, lets see non NATO member like Israel attack a NATO member so we can see who the USA really values more.

Or are you suggesting that the Democratic Republic of Gaza is brought into NATO? Interesting thought. No US military shot down a Turkish drone in Syria. Did that invoke article 5 ? If Turkey wants to be that stupid to even attempt it how many nations will agree? ... I would say 0. Turkey took that adventure on itself as with the drone. We just said oops it was a mistake. A armed drone flew too close and we dropped it. So she can tell her husband wishful thinking. It won't happen it's not Turkish soil. Everyone has to agree to the conflict in order to invoke article 5 .Unless Turkey wants to go it alone. Then more power to them . Facts ."

Turkey does not have the naval or air transport assets to even attempt it. So wishful thinking that will never happen. Idle threats.

Newcastle under Lyme

[Removed by poster at 27/10/23 11:56:36]

Newcastle under Lyme

"

Or are you suggesting that the Democratic Republic of Gaza is brought into NATO? Interesting thought."

NATO used air strikes on Serbia when it was ethnic cleansing in Kosovo. Hamas are terrorists but that doesn't change the fact that Israel have been ethnicly cleansing over many decades.

It would be nice if so-called democracies and civilised countries actually stepped up to keep the peace when a smaller regime oversteps the line. We're seeing far too many child sized bodies in bed sheets for our liking at the moment. Hence send in peacekeepers.

Brighton

"

Or are you suggesting that the Democratic Republic of Gaza is brought into NATO? Interesting thought.

NATO used air strikes on Serbia when it was ethnic cleansing in Kosovo. Hamas are terrorists but that doesn't change the fact that Israel have been ethnicly cleansing over many decades.

It would be nice if so-called democracies and civilised countries actually stepped up to keep the peace when a smaller regime oversteps the line. We're seeing far too many child sized bodies in bed sheets for our liking at the moment. Hence send in peacekeepers."

Israel is a nuclear power. Nobody is going to step up to stop them. They’ll be behind the scenes negotiations and discussions but that is all.

Brighton

"

It would be nice if so-called democracies and civilised countries actually stepped up to keep the peace when a smaller regime oversteps the line. We're seeing far too many child sized bodies in bed sheets for our liking at the moment. Hence send in peacekeepers.

Israel is a nuclear power. Nobody is going to step up to stop them. They’ll be behind the scenes negotiations and discussions but that is all."

*They’ll be having behind...

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 28 weeks ago

Border of London

"NATO used air strikes on Serbia when it was ethnic cleansing in Kosovo."

Those precise bombings where ~500 civilians were killed (and independently verified as (a) killed, and (b) not soldiers/militants). However, that was in response to ethnic cleansing and a very different situation on the ground.

"Hamas are terrorists but that doesn't change the fact that Israel have been ethnically cleansing over many decades.

"

WITHOUT addressing the issue of Israeli violence and general demographic shifts, *which are very valid topics for debate*, it's strange to see two terms being used repeatedly.

1. Ethnic Cleansing:

https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/ethnic-cleansing.shtml

"… rendering an area ethnically homogeneous by using force or intimidation to remove persons of given groups from the area."

“… a purposeful policy designed by one ethnic or religious group to remove by violent and terror-inspiring means the civilian population of another ethnic or religious group from certain geographic areas.”

Now, there is no question that many extreme right wing voices in Israel call for this literally. However, Israel is not actively doing this. The simple evidence for this is the existence and full citizenship rights of Arab citizens of Israel/Israeli Arabs/Palestinian Israelis. For there to be ethnic cleansing, these people would need to be forcibly moved/expelled from Israel. This simply does not happen - nobody*, for example, is deported from Israel (despite some rhetoric from the right wing, which is about as significant as UKIP MPs mouthing off about immigrants). Now there is a wider debate around the history of this (1948, specifically), but if you want to see this as ethnic cleansing, there's the fact that there were zero Jews left in any Arab-controlled areas and the broader context of that war would need to be understood, and this would be a separate debate. While it's possible to debate the rights and wrongs of all sides, the term ethnic cleansing does not stand up to scrutiny. Not least because Arab members of parliament (MKs) exist in Israel, as do Arab villages and Arabs serve in the Israeli army. You can level all kinds of accusations at Israel, but ethnic cleansing is not one of them, and is simply inaccurate.

For examples of real ethnic cleansing, you could look to Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Algeria, Egypt, etc. that had hundreds of thousands of Jews in the early 20th century, but a couple of decades later had none - through ethnic cleansing, specifically. And that's before we get to Kurds, Yazidis, Christians, etc.

2. Genocide.

https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide.shtml

Constraining factors include:

"1. A mental element: the "intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such"; and

2. A physical element, which includes the following five acts, enumerated exhaustively:

-Killing members of the group [Sudan]

-Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group [China]

-Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part [China]

-Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group [Greenland/Canada]

-Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group [Russia]"

Firstly, intent is important. There is nothing (other than conspiracy theories, or right-wing nutters mouthing off) to suggest that there is an intent to "kill off all Arabs/Palestinians". Whereas it might look as if some of those conditions are being met, they simply are not. People say "but killing...!" - if this were the case, then Allied forces would have been committing genocide in Afghanistan, Iraq or Syria. This simply isn't true. You can argue war crimes, massacres, etc. but genocide was never intended, so it does not apply. Moreover, should Israel have been attempting genocide, it would be the most spectacularly failed example in history.

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/state-of-palestine-population/

The fact that Israel has been in a position to commit genocide but the population is not declining is a major indicator that the intent is not there. In the absence of actual *proof of intent*, or actual large-scale killing (if you think the current causalities is "large scale", you do not understand either genocide or war), any sterilisation, child-snatching or re-education campaigns... Then genocide is an uninformed term to be bandying around.

It is startling how often these two terms are used without thought as to what they mean.

By all means, call out war crimes, violence, killings, discrimination, disproportionality, etc. (which can all be debated) but when people start throwing around terms that they don't understand, then try to morph their definitions to fit their understanding of reality, it really doesn't allow sensible debate.

"It would be nice if so-called democracies and civilised countries actually stepped up to keep the peace when a smaller regime oversteps the line. We're seeing far too many child sized bodies in bed sheets for our liking at the moment. Hence send in peacekeepers."

Let's understand the remit of peacekeeping:

https://peacekeeping.un.org/en/what-is-peacekeeping

Hamas could not operate as a militant group under peacekeeping, and are unlikely to invite them in. Here is their charter (translated, from Yale University):

https://avalon.law.yale.edu/20th_century/hamas.asp

(Speculation here, not fact) The nature of Hamas precludes any serious peacekeeping efforts, since its reason for being is to eradicate Israel.

Note:

*as of February 2023, Israel can deport and revoke the citizenship of Arabs who are convicted of terrorism and receive financial aid from the Palestinian Authority

The fact that this legislation is needed for deportation underscores the point.

By *ob198XaMan 27 weeks ago

teleford

There are too many Palestinian supporters here already!! Many of those who join pro Palestinian marches in the West would quickly find themselves thrown off the nearest high building in Gaza! Palestinians support Hamas an organisation whose charter is the genocide of Israel. How anyone in the West can side with ISIS Palestinians is beyond my comprehension. Israel gave those in Gaza ample opportunity but as Palestinians continue to refuse to co exist they may have to now cease to exist.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 27 weeks ago

golden fields

"There are too many Palestinian supporters here already!! Many of those who join pro Palestinian marches in the West would quickly find themselves thrown off the nearest high building in Gaza! Palestinians support Hamas an organisation whose charter is the genocide of Israel. How anyone in the West can side with ISIS Palestinians is beyond my comprehension. Israel gave those in Gaza ample opportunity but as Palestinians continue to refuse to co exist they may have to now cease to exist. "

I assume you're posting this ironically?

There probably are some people this ignorant about the situation, but with as strong opinions.

What's the term, Agnorant?

teleford

"There are too many Palestinian supporters here already!! Many of those who join pro Palestinian marches in the West would quickly find themselves thrown off the nearest high building in Gaza! Palestinians support Hamas an organisation whose charter is the genocide of Israel. How anyone in the West can side with ISIS Palestinians is beyond my comprehension. Israel gave those in Gaza ample opportunity but as Palestinians continue to refuse to co exist they may have to now cease to exist.

There probably are some people this ignorant about the situation, but with as strong opinions.

What's the term, Agnorant? "

I would suggest if you side with Gaza it is you that is ignorant..

golden fields

"There are too many Palestinian supporters here already!! Many of those who join pro Palestinian marches in the West would quickly find themselves thrown off the nearest high building in Gaza! Palestinians support Hamas an organisation whose charter is the genocide of Israel. How anyone in the West can side with ISIS Palestinians is beyond my comprehension. Israel gave those in Gaza ample opportunity but as Palestinians continue to refuse to co exist they may have to now cease to exist.

"

Oh dear. You were being serious.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 27 weeks ago

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 29/10/23 12:56:30]

Border of London

"

Beware of conflating, and then dehumanising Hamas, Palestinians and Gaza.

There are more than two sides in this conflict, even within Gaza.

The problem might just be that there is not enough support for the Palestinians, specifically those in Gaza. Most visible "support" comes from people with their own agenda, jumping obliviously into a bandwagon with which they think they identify. This then causes people with conflicting agendas to jump on the opposite bandwagon. So we're now in the ridiculous state of American neo-nazis backing Jews and progressive gay liberals backing fundamentalist Islamists.

The voices you hear from the West are not really sympathetic, just wait for the next bandwagon. The right and left will pick a side and defend it as if it's the biggest issue in the world, until the next one, etc. The voices from the Arab/Muslim world are sometimes more anti Israel/Jew than pro-Palestinian. Just look at the plight of Palestinians in Lebanon and Jordan, for example. Contrast the volume of support for Palestinians against the relative silence against China or anywhere else that Muslims (or indeed Arabs) are being killed.

Nevertheless, if you're going to side against Hamas, don't cheapen your position by tarring all Palestinians/Gazans/Arabs/Muslims/brown people/whatever with the same brush.

By *oversfunCouple 27 weeks ago

ayrshire

"The UK should run a scheme similar to the one for Ukrainian families. I’m sure there will be no end of volunteers.

Probably a few hosts will end up being murdered or decapitated etc but it’s just minor collateral damage. More important the UK leads the world in caring and sets an example to whoever out there might be watching."

Utter bullshit the uk does not lead the world in caring for refugees

By *ools and the brainCouple 27 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I don't mean to sound harsh but Arab countries or predominantly Muslim countries should be first to offer asylum before countries thousands of miles away.

I mean if say the UK needed a mass exodus I would like to think other European countries (yes I know we are not in Europe anymore) would offer sanctuary rather than traveling to say for example Egypt or turkey.

It's not that we shouldn't help but I always wonder why Arabic countries don't offer more humanitarian aid to Arabic countries??

Forgive me if I am wrong about this but there's so many countries in that part of the world that are hugely rich with tons of available space that doesn't require a journey across half of continental Europe.

golden fields

"I don't mean to sound harsh but Arab countries or predominantly Muslim countries should be first to offer asylum before countries thousands of miles away.

I mean if say the UK needed a mass exodus I would like to think other European countries (yes I know we are not in Europe anymore) would offer sanctuary rather than traveling to say for example Egypt or turkey.

It's not that we shouldn't help but I always wonder why Arabic countries don't offer more humanitarian aid to Arabic countries??

Forgive me if I am wrong about this but there's so many countries in that part of the world that are hugely rich with tons of available space that doesn't require a journey across half of continental Europe."

You'll be pleased to know, this is already the case.

For example Syrian refugees went mainly to Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and Egypt. Turkey alone hosts the largest population, with 3.6 million Syrians living there.

couple, us we him her.

"I don't mean to sound harsh but Arab countries or predominantly Muslim countries should be first to offer asylum before countries thousands of miles away.

Forgive me if I am wrong about this but there's so many countries in that part of the world that are hugely rich with tons of available space that doesn't require a journey across half of continental Europe.

For example Syrian refugees went mainly to Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and Egypt. Turkey alone hosts the largest population, with 3.6 million Syrians living there."

Pleased isn't what I meant, more common sense really nothing against anyone.

By *astandFeistyCouple 27 weeks ago

Bournemouth

For example Syrian refugees went mainly to Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and Egypt. Turkey alone hosts the largest population, with 3.6 million Syrians living there.

Pleased isn't what I meant, more common sense really nothing against anyone."

Turkey, Lebanon & Jordan are the Top 3 countries for Syrian refugees. They all border Syria so that makes sense.

Amazingly Germany are higher than Iraq (also borders Syria)

Border of London

"I don't mean to sound harsh but Arab countries or predominantly Muslim countries should be first to offer asylum before countries thousands of miles away."

If you were Palestinian, you would not want to live in the area. People who were displaced to most of those countries have been legally prohibited from integrating and have true "second class citizen" status.

Wikipedia is possibly the most neutral source for this, for example:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinians_in_Lebanon

"Most Palestinians in Lebanon do not have Lebanese citizenship and therefore do not have Lebanese identity cards, which would entitle them to government services, such as health and education. They are also legally barred from owning property or entering a list of desirable occupations."

Life sucks if you're Palestinian, and they are truly worthy of our sympathy.

teleford

The problem might just be that there is not enough support for the Palestinians, specifically those in Gaza. Most visible "support" comes from people with their own agenda, jumping obliviously into a bandwagon with which they think they identify. This then causes people with conflicting agendas to jump on the opposite bandwagon. So we're now in the ridiculous state of American neo-nazis backing Jews and progressive gay liberals backing fundamentalist Islamists.

The voices you hear from the West are not really sympathetic, just wait for the next bandwagon. The right and left will pick a side and defend it as if it's the biggest issue in the world, until the next one, etc. The voices from the Arab/Muslim world are sometimes more anti Israel/Jew than pro-Palestinian. Just look at the plight of Palestinians in Lebanon and Jordan, for example. Contrast the volume of support for Palestinians against the relative silence against China or anywhere else that Muslims (or indeed Arabs) are being killed.

Nevertheless, if you're going to side against Hamas, don't cheapen your position by tarring all Palestinians/Gazans/Arabs/Muslims/brown people/whatever with the same brush."

Hamas dehumanised the people of Gaza by doing what they did and the people of Gaza dehumanised themselves by rejoicing in the actions of Hamas. Anyone who supports the people of Gaza either supports or ignorant to what Gaza represents. Perhaps none fighters should be shipped to Iran but they are have all been taught to hate and kill from birth. The entire strip should be levelled this time.

Border of London

"The entire strip should be levelled this time. "

You are literally calling for genocide. Careful what you wish for.

golden fields

Nevertheless, if you're going to side against Hamas, don't cheapen your position by tarring all Palestinians/Gazans/Arabs/Muslims/brown people/whatever with the same brush.

Hamas dehumanised the people of Gaza by doing what they did and the people of Gaza dehumanised themselves by rejoicing in the actions of Hamas. Anyone who supports the people of Gaza either supports or ignorant to what Gaza represents. Perhaps none fighters should be shipped to Iran but they are have all been taught to hate and kill from birth. The entire strip should be levelled this time. "

Kinda sounds like you're the one who has been taught to hate, an entire nation of people. Terrifying to think people have this point of view in 2023. Yet here we are.

couple, us we him her.

Hamas dehumanised the people of Gaza by doing what they did and the people of Gaza dehumanised themselves by rejoicing in the actions of Hamas. Anyone who supports the people of Gaza either supports or ignorant to what Gaza represents. Perhaps none fighters should be shipped to Iran but they are have all been taught to hate and kill from birth. The entire strip should be levelled this time. "

Christ

teleford

Hamas dehumanised the people of Gaza by doing what they did and the people of Gaza dehumanised themselves by rejoicing in the actions of Hamas. Anyone who supports the people of Gaza either supports or ignorant to what Gaza represents. Perhaps none fighters should be shipped to Iran but they are have all been taught to hate and kill from birth. The entire strip should be levelled this time.

Kinda sounds like you're the one who has been taught to hate, an entire nation of people. Terrifying to think people have this point of view in 2023. Yet here we are."

Yes very terrible a people can create such hate because of their own views and actions of hate ….

By *4bimMan 27 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

If the UK are to take people from Palestine why not let them live with the people who are going on these 'free Palestine' protests.

I'm sure they will be first to offer a roof over the head and money etc.

golden fields

Kinda sounds like you're the one who has been taught to hate, an entire nation of people. Terrifying to think people have this point of view in 2023. Yet here we are.

Yes very terrible a people can create such hate because of their own views and actions of hate …."

Are you referring to yourself as "a people"?

By (user no longer on site) 27 weeks ago

"If the UK are to take people from Palestine why not let them live with the people who are going on these 'free Palestine' protests.

"

alot of Muslim nations are rejecting Palestinians. They view the refugees as a detrement to their societies.

teleford

Yes very terrible a people can create such hate because of their own views and actions of hate ….

Are you referring to yourself as "a people"?"

No, the terrible people I refer to are Palestinians.

golden fields

No, the terrible people I refer to are Palestinians."

You know, fair play.

Most people skirt around their xenophobia, but you're right out there front and centre.

teleford

You know, fair play.

Most people skirt around their xenophobia, but you're right out there front and centre."

Palestinians who side with Hamas are as xenophobic as you will ever find… it is fed to them from birth!

golden fields

You know, fair play.

Most people skirt around their xenophobia, but you're right out there front and centre.

Palestinians who side with Hamas are as xenophobic as you will ever find… it is fed to them from birth! "

What's your excuse, were you fed xenophobic views from birth too?

By *abioMan 27 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Turkey, Lebanon & Jordan are the Top 3 countries for Syrian refugees. They all border Syria so that makes sense.

Amazingly Germany are higher than Iraq (also borders Syria)"

There is a reason for the “Germany” bit

Germany has a special law that dictates that if there is a country where there is a genocide declared under international law.. civilians fleeing that country are given automatic “leave to stay” status under German law .. it then becomes permanent after 5 years

Bournemouth

Germany has a special law that dictates that if there is a country where there is a genocide declared under international law.. civilians fleeing that country are given automatic “leave to stay” status under German law .. it then becomes permanent after 5 years

"

Has genocide been declared under international law?

teleford

You know, fair play.

Palestinians who side with Hamas are as xenophobic as you will ever find… it is fed to them from birth!

What's your excuse, were you fed xenophobic views from birth too?"

No I felt a bit sympathy for Palestinians, until they revealed their true nature. It is clear there can never be peace between Israel and Palestinians so Gaza should be swept into the sea.

teleford

"

Hamas are built around a charter that demands the genocide of Israel….

By *abioMan 27 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Has genocide been declared under international law?"

Erm… kinda remember when Assad was dropping chemical weapons on his own people in the Syrian civil war in Aleppo…yeah… erm… that!!!!!

golden fields

You know, fair play.

No I felt a bit sympathy for Palestinians, until they revealed their true nature. It is clear there can never be peace between Israel and Palestinians so Gaza should be swept into the sea. "

So a recent convert to xenophobia. Also very quickly escalated to condoning genocide now.

By *abioMan 27 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

You know, fair play.

No I felt a bit sympathy for Palestinians, until they revealed their true nature. It is clear there can never be peace between Israel and Palestinians so Gaza should be swept into the sea. "

Advocating for ethnic cleansing is never a great look… so well done with that last statement…

Bournemouth

Has genocide been declared under international law?

Erm… kinda remember when Assad was dropping chemical weapons on his own people in the Syrian civil war in Aleppo…yeah… erm… that!!!!! "

Apologies. I was confused and was asking about Palestine. I realise we were talking about Syria

By *eroy1000Man 27 weeks ago

milton keynes

"If the UK are to take people from Palestine why not let them live with the people who are going on these 'free Palestine' protests.

alot of Muslim nations are rejecting Palestinians. They view the refugees as a detrement to their societies. "

I believe that Egypt are saying this too. We are often told that refugees/ asylum seekers are good for the country and put in more than they take out, so why are they refusing. Don't Egypt want all these people that will bring nothing but good

golden fields

alot of Muslim nations are rejecting Palestinians. They view the refugees as a detrement to their societies.

I believe that Egypt are saying this too. We are often told that refugees/ asylum seekers are good for the country and put in more than they take out, so why are they refusing. Don't Egypt want all these people that will bring nothing but good"

I'd hazard a guess that they have right wing political parties and some media who demonise immigrants. Same as here, Italy, US etc. Same as everywhere.

Bournemouth

I believe that Egypt are saying this too. We are often told that refugees/ asylum seekers are good for the country and put in more than they take out, so why are they refusing. Don't Egypt want all these people that will bring nothing but good"

The following link will provide a snapshot of middle Eastern politics

https://world101.cfr.org/rotw/middle-east/politics

By *abioMan 27 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

2 big reasons….

1) it still doesn’t solve the Palestinian issue

2) Isreal cleared out land after the ‘48 and ‘67 wars… and never returned the land! Fear is that if Israel clear out Gaza, Palestinians may never be allowed to return…

It basically becomes cleansing under another guise….

milton keynes

I believe that Egypt are saying this too. We are often told that refugees/ asylum seekers are good for the country and put in more than they take out, so why are they refusing. Don't Egypt want all these people that will bring nothing but good

2 big reasons….

2) Isreal cleared out land after the ‘48 and ‘67 wars… and never returned the land! Fear is that if Israel clear out Gaza, Palestinians may never be allowed to return…

It basically becomes cleansing under another guise…. "

I understand that but also feel there will be plenty of residents that want to flee to relative safety. Being used as a human shield must get frustrating after a while. They cannot flee even if they want to if neighbouring countries won't allow it.

By *otMe66Man 27 weeks ago

Terra Firma

2 big reasons….

It basically becomes cleansing under another guise…. "

Is that answering the question though?

I have read the question as why would Egypt not take the people from Gaza into its country and offer a safe place?

It is a good question.

Your answer seems to say, no point doing that it is doesn't solve the issue. Are you saying leaving them to face misery or death is better?

Why won't Egypt take them?

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 27 weeks ago

nearby

2 big reasons….

I have read the question as why would Egypt not take the people from Gaza into its country and offer a safe place?

It is a good question.

Your answer seems to say, no point doing that it is doesn't solve the issue. Are you saying leaving them to face misery or death is better?

Why won't Egypt take them? "

Why should they have to leave their home, they are being pushed around like herded cattle

Bournemouth

2 big reasons….

It is a good question.

Why should they have to leave their home, they are being pushed around like herded cattle

"

That still doesn't answer the question posed. Don't worry, we're used to it

teleford

You know, fair play.

No I felt a bit sympathy for Palestinians, until they revealed their true nature. It is clear there can never be peace between Israel and Palestinians so Gaza should be swept into the sea.

So a recent convert to xenophobia. Also very quickly escalated to condoning genocide now. "

Only on those who themselves are intent on the genocide of others

teleford

You know, fair play.

Advocating for ethnic cleansing is never a great look… so well done with that last statement…

"

Hamas advocate ethnic cleansing of Israel but those that support them choose to overlook that..

teleford

2 big reasons….

It is a good question.

Why won't Egypt take them? "

Because Egypt understands the mindset of Palestinians. If they allowed them into Egypt those from Gaza would soon be launching rockets at Egypt from a new enclave

golden fields

You know, fair play.

Hamas advocate ethnic cleansing of Israel but those that support them choose to overlook that.."

So you and Hamas are about the same, just want a different group of people ethnically cleansed?

Bournemouth

You know, fair play.

Hamas advocate ethnic cleansing of Israel but those that support them choose to overlook that..

So you and Hamas are about the same, just want a different group of people ethnically cleansed?

"

I don't see you denouncing anyone calling for the ethnic cleaning of Israelites. Yes, it has happened on these forums.

couple, us we him her.

I think I'm going to walk away from this particular thread.

milton keynes

2 big reasons….

It is a good question.

Because Egypt understands the mindset of Palestinians. If they allowed them into Egypt those from Gaza would soon be launching rockets at Egypt from a new enclave "

What about those that want to escape the war zone and are fed up being used as human shields. Why can't Egypt allow them the chance to live?