FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Playing up… playing down

Playing up… playing down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man 28 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Just listening to the Israeli pm .. and saw a pattern that interested me

Anytime he mentioned soldiers he called them “Jewish troops” rather than “Israeli troops” and then went on to mention 3000 years of history as well as the difference wars they have been in…

I don’t condone anti semetic actions in any way shape or form

Are Israel as guilty of playing up the religious aspects as they like to shout about any criticism being antisemitic

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *astandFeistyCouple 28 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Absofuckinlutely.

As far as I'm aware, there are Muslims within the Israeli army.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 28 weeks ago

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 28/10/23 20:33:23]

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 28 weeks ago

Border of London

"Anytime he mentioned soldiers he called them “Jewish troops” rather than “Israeli troops” and then went on to mention 3000 years of history as well as the difference wars they have been in…

I don’t condone anti semetic actions in any way shape or form

Are Israel as guilty of playing up the religious aspects as they like to shout about any criticism being antisemitic "

It's messy, isn't it. Israel is a Jewish state, and Hamas is primarily at war with the Jews (according to their charter). Yet Israel has many Druze, Muslims, Christians, Baha'i, etc. in their state, parliament and army, and is a mostly secular state/society.

In invoking the history of the nation/people, going back 3000 years, it's a "chain of Jewish heroes" (paraphrasing the translation), which is of course more correct, especially when you consider that Judean and Jewish are the same word.

Unless you're suggesting that's it's disingenuous to go back 3000 years, because it's a modern secular state?

» Add a new message to this topic