FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The mask slips on Greta

The mask slips on Greta

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *orleyman OP   Man 25 weeks ago

Leeds

So a few months back she was photo's with the octopus.

Now at a rally on climate justice " no climate justice on occupied land"

The veil slips. And we see her ( parents) true colours.

Quite the video too.

These people demand we give then their right to protest and disrupt. Often without the proper legalities.

Then a climate protestor comes on stage and asks it to be a climate gathering not political and is accosted off it.

Oh the rank hypocrisy

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 25 weeks ago

golden fields

"So a few months back she was photo's with the octopus.

Quite the video too.

These people demand we give then their right to protest and disrupt. Often without the proper legalities.

Then a climate protestor comes on stage and asks it to be a climate gathering not political and is accosted off it.

Oh the rank hypocrisy"

You're saying people campaigning for action to be taken on climate change shouldn't be allowed to be anti-war and anti-war crime?

Leeds

Quite the video too.

Oh the rank hypocrisy

You're saying people campaigning for action to be taken on climate change shouldn't be allowed to be anti-war and anti-war crime?"

Nope.

I am saying she denied the octopus was an anti Israel.slogan in a photo.

Then she began anti Israel chants and discussions at a climate protest.

Her security then in a sense kf irony. Manhandled a person asking it to be Brought back about climate change.

Irony being that they love tonask for the right to protest. They're protest was about climate change. They change that protest and then one person asks them to go back and he's thrown out.

Just the facade slipping. And we can all see it.

By *ired_upMan 25 weeks ago

ashton

What anti israel chants did she start?

golden fields

Quite the video too.

Oh the rank hypocrisy

You're saying people campaigning for action to be taken on climate change shouldn't be allowed to be anti-war and anti-war crime?

Nope.

Her security then in a sense kf irony. Manhandled a person asking it to be Brought back about climate change.

Irony being that they love tonask for the right to protest. They're protest was about climate change. They change that protest and then one person asks them to go back and he's thrown out.

Just the facade slipping. And we can all see it."

I'm also interested in what anti-israel chants she was using.

So you're saying her years campaigning for action on climate change were a front to her secret anti Israel agenda?

Leeds

Quite the video too.

Oh the rank hypocrisy

Nope.

So you're saying her years campaigning for action on climate change were a front to her secret anti Israel agenda?"

Then clearly you didn't read the first post very well.

golden fields

Quite the video too.

Oh the rank hypocrisy

Nope.

So you're saying her years campaigning for action on climate change were a front to her secret anti Israel agenda?

Then clearly you didn't read the first post very well."

The first post doesn't say anything about what anti Israel chants she was using. And doesn't make any points other than some general confusing stuff about "true colours", and some ramblings stuff about an octopus.

Leeds

Quite the video too.

Oh the rank hypocrisy

Nope.

Then clearly you didn't read the first post very well.

The first post doesn't say anything about what anti Israel chants she was using. And doesn't make any points other than some general confusing stuff about "true colours", and some ramblings stuff about an octopus.

"

Try re reading.

This is getting embarrassing

Leeds

" no climate justice on occupied land"

At least we worked out you read what you want to.

And not whats there.

By *AFKA HovisMan 25 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

TIL about the octopus being an anti semetic symbol.

If Greta knew the details that's a huge miss judgement. Has an explanation been given ? Why didn't her Jewish friend call it out ?

golden fields

"" no climate justice on occupied land"

And not whats there.

"

Why do you read this as "anti Israel"?

Why don't you have another go at making the point you want to make? If it is something you care about, why don't you want people to understand it?

golden fields

"TIL about the octopus being an anti semetic symbol.

If Greta knew the details that's a huge miss judgement. Has an explanation been given ? Why didn't her Jewish friend call it out ?"

That seems extremely tenuous. How many people have had their photo taken with an octopus in shot in an aquarium. Are climate science deniers really saying that all these people are anti semitic?

Leeds

If Greta knew the details that's a huge miss judgement. Has an explanation been given ? Why didn't her Jewish friend call it out ?"

This was a a month back.( not a fee sorry)

She was called out on it and then denied it.

She was making a Pro Palestinian twitter photo and post with an inte tonally placed ocobus toy in the background.

She deleted the post after people alerted her we knew what the octopus meant

Leeds

Hovis

I've sent you a photo. Not soe.thing you could say was accidental.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Hovis

I've sent you a photo. Not soe.thing you could say was accidental.

"

ohh seen the pic. It's not an accident it's there.

I'm asking who of the group put it there, and why. I never knew it was anti semetic and so could see this being a naivie decision because they throught it was simply a pro palestine symbol only.

It appears a Jewish person was happy for it to be there. That makes me think that group was ignorant to the true meaning.

But it could be hugely intentional. Both scenarios are possible. I lean towards niavity as it's a huge own goal to intentionally tweet an anti semetic symbol. Why would you ?

ashton

And not whats there.

False.

The crowd started it and she joined in.

"

golden fields

And not whats there.

False.

The crowd started it and she joined in.

"

Maybe the OP is right. Climate science isn't real, it was a front invented by the Chinese for Greta to build her anti semitic platform on.

Leeds

"The first post doesn't say anything about what anti Israel chants she was using"

No correction or apology on this.

Why am I not surprised.

Just move on

Johnny's been embarrassed again

By *melie LALWoman 25 weeks ago

Peterborough

Octopus anti-Semitic?

I've googled this and have seen octupusses with star of David, nazi symbol, USA flag...

I'm lost.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Octopus anti-Semitic?

I've googled this and have seen octupusses with star of David, nazi symbol, USA flag...

I'm lost."

Symbols and imagery used in anti-Semitic propaganda and rhetoric during the late 19th and early 20th century often used octopus imagery as a part of broader conspiracy theories.

Such propaganda used an octopus to represent perceived Jewish influence, suggesting that Jewish people are controlling or manipulating various aspects of society or politics. Many posters depicted the tentacles of an octopus, wearing a Star of David over its head, encompassing a globe.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

The toy in question is used as a tool in autism, because you can turn it from being angry blue to happy pink.

I believe that she is on the spectrum somewhere and so that gives more credence to the version of truth that says this was an unfortunate mistake.

golden fields

""The first post doesn't say anything about what anti Israel chants she was using"

"

Do you want me to apologise on your behalf for not providing the anti Israel chants she was using?

"

Why am I not surprised.

Just move on

Johnny's been embarrassed again "

Maybe you can clarify this?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 25 weeks ago

Gilfach

""The first post doesn't say anything about what anti Israel chants she was using"

Why am I not surprised.

Just move on

Johnny's been embarrassed again "

Johnny's right. The first post isn't at all clear, and says nothing about what anti-Israel chants GT may have been using.

The first post appears to say that she was at a meeting called "no climate justice on occupied land". I assume that means that they think some climate thing is worse in land which is occupied by someone other than its usual owners. Even if we do assume that the land they are taking about is Gaza, I don't see how that could be anti-semitic. It's just the same thing she's always banging on about.

Even if we do accept that the title of the meeting is definitely anti-Semitic, there's no suggestion in that first post that GT herself was chanting those words, or any others.

You should try to wipe your mind clean, re-read that first post, and see what it actually says. You'll find that it's impossible to understand without some extra context that you haven't provided.

By *otMe66Man 25 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I haven't got a clue what no climate justice on occupied land means.

Can somebody explain?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"I haven't got a clue what no climate justice on occupied land means.

Can somebody explain?"

not an expert,

Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair.

So I'm guessing they see that the effects are felt more on occupied lands than others.

Terra Firma

Can somebody explain?not an expert,

Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair.

So I'm guessing they see that the effects are felt more on occupied lands than others. "

Thanks, but it still makes no sense to me.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

So I'm guessing they see that the effects are felt more on occupied lands than others.

Thanks, but it still makes no sense to me."

which bit?

Terra Firma

Thanks, but it still makes no sense to me.which bit? "

How can climate change be different on land that is occupied?

It sounds to me as if they are trying weaponise climate change to attack things thehy don't agree with.

If that is the case, they have lost the plot

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Thanks, but it still makes no sense to me.which bit?

How can climate change be different on land that is occupied?

It sounds to me as if they are trying weaponise climate change to attack things thehy don't agree with.

If that is the case, they have lost the plot"

it's the effects of climate change on people.

I'd say we in the UK are more insulated (excuse the pun) than a farmer who is self sufficient.

We can, to start, buy our way out of trouble.

I'd imagine it's similar to how say inflation hurts poorer people more than the rich.

Peterborough

I took it to mean there'll be no chance of climate justice (working towards climate change) when there are more pressing matters presently, such as free Gaza.

But that was purely reading between the lines after reading the thread.

Gilfach

"Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair.

So I'm guessing they see that the effects are felt more on occupied lands than others."

Surely people in occupied lands have rather more important things to worry about than climate change. And surely people that wish to protest about injustice can find more important injustices to complain about in occupied lands.

By *eroy1000Man 25 weeks ago

milton keynes

Are they saying that Gaza run by Israel is worse for the climate than if it were run by Hamas?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair.

Surely people in occupied lands have rather more important things to worry about than climate change. And surely people that wish to protest about injustice can find more important injustices to complain about in occupied lands."

pass. This is all based on a quick google of what climate justice is. And how it may apply.

Thos is all about those who look at the word thru climate justice lens are looking at the world.

Protesting climate change at a pro palenstine rally may not be the most pressing diversion.

And if you are generally looking for injustice in palenstine I'd agree. Plenty of others.

But this is about those passionatly about climate justice specifically. I can see why they have landed with their slogan.

By *abioMan 25 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Young lady upset old man with agenda… then old man with agenda tries mansplaing why we should take umbrage

Is that about jist of thread?

golden fields

"Are they saying that Gaza run by Israel is worse for the climate than if it were run by Hamas? "

Nope. As the other chap said "Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair."

Terra Firma

"Are they saying that Gaza run by Israel is worse for the climate than if it were run by Hamas?

Nope. As the other chap said "Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair.""

What does the whole saying mean?

No climate justice on occupied land?

golden fields

"Are they saying that Gaza run by Israel is worse for the climate than if it were run by Hamas?

Nope. As the other chap said "Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair."

No climate justice on occupied land?"

It's not my saying, so I can only speculate. Do you want me to?

Terra Firma

It's not my saying, so I can only speculate. Do you want me to?"

Yes I do, it is interesting to hear

By *oah VailMan 25 weeks ago

Dover

"Young lady upset old man with agenda… then old man with agenda tries mansplaing why we should take umbrage

Is that about jist of thread?

"

Yep, pretty much, as far as I can work out.

I think the world’s fucked. Not because of climate or wars per-se, but because there’s just so many stupid people in it.

golden fields

Yes I do, it is interesting to hear "

It's a bit lengthy and starts with a quote from the UN website. As I mentioned, it's not my phrase.

"There are many facets to climate justice. Below, we provide an overview of a few of them.

Structural inequalities: Even within the same country, the impacts of climate change may be felt unevenly due to structural inequalities based on race, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status. Women are more severely affected by climate change impacts, because they have access to fewer resources to adapt and cope with abrupt changes. People with disabilities are at increased risk of the adverse impacts of climate change, including threats to their health, food security, access to water energy, and sanitation, and livelihoods, particularly in developing countries. Indigenous Peoples, who protect 80 percent of the world’s biodiversity, are facing increasing threats and risks to their lives, livelihoods, and traditional knowledge.

Socioeconomic inequalities: The impacts of climate change and the resources needed to address climate change impacts are distributed unequally around the world. Low-income countries, and vulnerable populations within those countries, are more susceptible to climate-induced loss and damage. Globally, the 10 percent of households with the highest per capita emissions contribute 34–45 percent of global household greenhouse gas emissions, while the bottom 50 percent contribute 13–15 percent.

Intergenerational inequity: Children and young people today have not contributed to the climate crisis in a significant way but will bear the full force of climate change impacts as they advance through life. Because their human rights are threatened by the decisions of previous generations, their rights must be centred in all climate decision-making and action."

So in occupied Palestine (if that's what is being referred to), the above is exacerbated.

This is my speculation.

milton keynes

Nope. As the other chap said "Climate justice seems to say that the effects of global warming are felt more by some groups than others and that's unfair.""

Ok, so what about the occupied land part. Should my question be : are they saying that the the people of Gaza are affected by climate change worse when run by Israel than if it were run by Hamas? If so how

golden fields

Ok, so what about the occupied land part. Should my question be : are they saying that the the people of Gaza are affected by climate change worse when run by Israel than if it were run by Hamas? If so how"

See above for some speculation.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Ok, so what about the occupied land part. Should my question be : are they saying that the the people of Gaza are affected by climate change worse when run by Israel than if it were run by Hamas? If so how"

I would guess that they may be talking more about the wider situation that puts almost 50pc of palenstine as refugees. Rather than the specifics of who's in charge.

But speculation of their views rather than knowing their views.

By *uietbloke67Man 25 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Clearly the octopus is the victim in all this.

milton keynes

Ok, so what about the occupied land part. Should my question be : are they saying that the the people of Gaza are affected by climate change worse when run by Israel than if it were run by Hamas? If so how

See above for some speculation."

I did, but it just confused me more

golden fields

I did, but it just confused me more"

To be honest. This whole thread is a load of nonsense.

Terra Firma

It's a bit lengthy and starts with a quote from the UN website. As I mentioned, it's not my phrase.

"There are many facets to climate justice. Below, we provide an overview of a few of them.

Structural inequalities: Even within the same country, the impacts of climate change may be felt unevenly due to structural inequalities based on race, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status. Women are more severely affected by climate change impacts, because they have access to fewer resources to adapt and cope with abrupt changes. People with disabilities are at increased risk of the adverse impacts of climate change, including threats to their health, food security, access to water energy, and sanitation, and livelihoods, particularly in developing countries. Indigenous Peoples, who protect 80 percent of the world’s biodiversity, are facing increasing threats and risks to their lives, livelihoods, and traditional knowledge.

Socioeconomic inequalities: The impacts of climate change and the resources needed to address climate change impacts are distributed unequally around the world. Low-income countries, and vulnerable populations within those countries, are more susceptible to climate-induced loss and damage. Globally, the 10 percent of households with the highest per capita emissions contribute 34–45 percent of global household greenhouse gas emissions, while the bottom 50 percent contribute 13–15 percent.

Intergenerational inequity: Children and young people today have not contributed to the climate crisis in a significant way but will bear the full force of climate change impacts as they advance through life. Because their human rights are threatened by the decisions of previous generations, their rights must be centred in all climate decision-making and action."

So in occupied Palestine (if that's what is being referred to), the above is exacerbated.

This is my speculation.

"

This is from the UN? Basically they are listing as many groups they think are disadvantaged, and that is everyone but a white male living in the west, to show how climate change will impact them more. The statement below, was their attempt to capture white women in the west as also victims.

1) Women are more severely affected by climate change impacts, because they have access to fewer resources to adapt and cope with abrupt changes.

There are a few good points in there if you unravel the meaning, but the rest is just divide and isolate.

I still do not understand: no climate justice on occupied land.

Reading replies here, I'm sure nobody understands it.

Gilfach

"I still do not understand: no climate justice on occupied land.

Reading replies here, I'm sure nobody understands it."

I suspect that most of the people chanting it don't really understand what that are saying. It seems to me that they're just looking for a way to hook their pet cause into whatever is in the news today.

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

I did, but it just confused me more

To be honest. This whole thread is a load of nonsense."

Says the poster after 12 contributions out of 47, or almost 25% of the entire 'nonsense'.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

This is my speculation.

This is from the UN? Basically they are listing as many groups they think are disadvantaged, and that is everyone but a white male living in the west, to show how climate change will impact them more. The statement below, was their attempt to capture white women in the west as also victims.

1) Women are more severely affected by climate change impacts, because they have access to fewer resources to adapt and cope with abrupt changes.

There are a few good points in there if you unravel the meaning, but the rest is just divide and isolate.

"

I don't read this as anyone but "white man". In some countries women are more exposed to issues than the men. I'm not sure that is controversial.

I quess the question is: let's say that global warming reduces the food supply by 5pc. Will all countries be equally impacted and will all people within a country be equally impacted?

Imo we've seen something similar with energy prices. I'd say these impcted different parts of the UK harder than others.

By *anJenny 181Couple 25 weeks ago

Preston

I hate those flag shaggers who weponise flags & symbols - like the far right who's ugly heads have raised recently.

Also picking on an autistic kid seems to go against my principles

Personally I had no idea that a octopus had any political meaning.

I know of a company Octopus Energy a Brittish renewable energy founded in 2015

They use an Octopus as the logo, I think based in London.

Perhaps a subliminal message to use renewable

Energy from the Great

Ps is it not healthy for people/actavists to challenge world leaders to keep them held to account ?

Terra Firma

This is my speculation.

I don't read this as anyone but "white man". In some countries women are more exposed to issues than the men. I'm not sure that is controversial.

I quess the question is: let's say that global warming reduces the food supply by 5pc. Will all countries be equally impacted and will all people within a country be equally impacted?

Imo we've seen something similar with energy prices. I'd say these impcted different parts of the UK harder than others. "

It doesn’t say in some countries woman are more exposed to issues than men.

It says: Women are more severely affected by climate change impacts, because they have access to fewer resources to adapt and cope with abrupt changes.

I think you will see references to poor, disabled, women, indigenous and so on.

It’s an awfully poor read… and probably lends itself to the reason why nobody understands what “no climate justice in occupied lands” means…

Leeds

And not whats there.

Why do you read this as "anti Israel"?

Why don't you have another go at making the point you want to make? If it is something you care about, why don't you want people to understand it?"

Are you being for real?

Leeds

"The toy in question is used as a tool in autism, because you can turn it from being angry blue to happy pink.

I believe that she is on the spectrum somewhere and so that gives more credence to the version of truth that says this was an unfortunate mistake. "

No.

There's no reason for the to be in the photo.

It's a photo about gaza. And a purposefully placed toy. They could have taken it anywhere in the house the toy could have faced any direction. It was sat dead front into the camera.

There is absolutely bo mistaking it.

Please stop with this

Leeds

Why am I not surprised.

Just move on

Johnny's right. The first post isn't at all clear, and says nothing about what anti-Israel chants GT may have been using.

The first post appears to say that she was at a meeting called "no climate justice on occupied land". I assume that means that they think some climate thing is worse in land which is occupied by someone other than its usual owners. Even if we do assume that the land they are taking about is Gaza, I don't see how that could be anti-semitic. It's just the same thing she's always banging on about.

Even if we do accept that the title of the meeting is definitely anti-Semitic, there's no suggestion in that first post that GT herself was chanting those words, or any others.

You should try to wipe your mind clean, re-read that first post, and see what it actually says. You'll find that it's impossible to understand without some extra context that you haven't provided."

Disagree Mr discretion

This is clear as day what the chant was

Leeds

Can somebody explain?"

It's about gaza.

Leeds

Why am I not surprised.

Just move on

You should try to wipe your mind clean, re-read that first post, and see what it actually says. You'll find that it's impossible to understand without some extra context that you haven't provided."

Maybe you didn't see the quotation marks for quoting what a person is saying / chanting?

Leeds

"I still do not understand: no climate justice on occupied land.

I suspect that most of the people chanting it don't really understand what that are saying. It seems to me that they're just looking for a way to hook their pet cause into whatever is in the news today."

I was simply posting her chant.

See the speech marks.

She was already discussing gaza at a climate event.

A person then tried asking it to be about climate change( the events entire reason for being)

She then began chanting the above.

golden fields

Can somebody explain?

It's about gaza."

You appear to be contradicting yourself. Earlier you said "anti Israel". Which one of you is right, the today you, or the yesterday you?

golden fields

"

"

Guilty your honour, off with her head.

ashton

You mean she joined in with the chants.

No justice on occupied land means what it says.

If a land is occupied by another country (as many parts outside of 1957 border Israel are) then it is difficult to get any form of justice from your occupier.

I'm going to go through an example.

Let's take the settlements as an example. So Israel is building houses on what used to be other people's land. The Palestinians who own this land are a bit miffed and try to stop it. This doesn't get very far in the courts and the land is built on.

If Palestine wanted to, for example, be a green superpower and use its land to have large solar farms that power de salinisation plants and the power grid then they could choose it. But they can't because some other family is now on their land. The other family is backed by Israel to occupy their land.

That's what she means. There is no way for Palestinians to get climate justice on occupied land.

I'm not saying it's possible to use a solar array in this ay it's just an example to illustrate the point as the explanation from the UN is a bit wordy.

Leeds

"You mean she joined in with the chants.

If a land is occupied by another country (as many parts outside of 1957 border Israel are) then it is difficult to get any form of justice from your occupier.

Let's take the settlements as an example. So Israel is building houses on what used to be other people's land. The Palestinians who own this land are a bit miffed and try to stop it. This doesn't get very far in the courts and the land is built on.

If Palestine wanted to, for example, be a green superpower and use its land to have large solar farms that power de salinisation plants and the power grid then they could choose it. But they can't because some other family is now on their land. The other family is backed by Israel to occupy their land.

That's what she means. There is no way for Palestinians to get climate justice on occupied land.

I'm not saying it's possible to use a solar array in this ay it's just an example to illustrate the point as the explanation from the UN is a bit wordy."

She had the microphone and was thus the host and began chanting and others followed.

She previously posted a pictures of the octopus with he gaza sign.

As I say. The veil is slipping on Saint greta. She's just an anti semite

Leeds

"

"

No ned for that. Just acknowledgement she might just be anti semitic

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

It's about gaza.

You appear to be contradicting yourself. Earlier you said "anti Israel". Which one of you is right, the today you, or the yesterday you?"

What do you bel3ive the contradiction is ?

ashton

I'm not saying it's possible to use a solar array in this ay it's just an example to illustrate the point as the explanation from the UN is a bit wordy. She had the microphone and was thus the host and began chanting and others followed.

As I say. The veil is slipping on Saint greta. She's just an anti semite"

Not in the video I have seen.

So the evidence for the prosecution is she had a photo with an octopus in it and she thinks the situation I have described up there is unfair.

She's worse than Hitler!!!

Leeds

I'm not saying it's possible to use a solar array in this ay it's just an example to illustrate the point as the explanation from the UN is a bit wordy. She had the microphone and was thus the host and began chanting and others followed.

So the evidence for the prosecution is she had a photo with an octopus in it and she thinks the situation I have described up there is unfair.

She's worse than Hitler!!! "

Again. Your attempt at mockery doesn't change the fact that in 2 occasions inside of a month she's demonstrated her disdain for jews/ Israel.

One involved being on the mic with a chant.

The other a cut out with an anti semitic message via a toy

By *archelCouple 25 weeks ago

A field somewhere

[Removed by poster at 14/11/23 14:16:03]

By *archelCouple 25 weeks ago

A field somewhere

She's worse than Hitler!!! "

Surely Godwins law should be invoked.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

This is my speculation.

Imo we've seen something similar with energy prices. I'd say these impcted different parts of the UK harder than others.

It doesn’t say in some countries woman are more exposed to issues than men.

It says: Women are more severely affected by climate change impacts, because they have access to fewer resources to adapt and cope with abrupt changes.

I think you will see references to poor, disabled, women, indigenous and so on.

It’s an awfully poor read… and probably lends itself to the reason why nobody understands what “no climate justice in occupied lands” means…"

this bit feels like the context although I agree the wording may be ambiguous.

Even within the same country, the impacts of climate change may be felt unevenly due to structural inequalities based on race, ethnicity, gender, and socioeconomic status

Also, are white people "indigenous" to Uk?

golden fields

"

No ned for that. Just acknowledgement she might just be anti semitic"

Based on the evidence:

Random dude on a swingers forum who has a history of climate science denial claimed she was once photographed with a toy octopus in the background. Well that's enough for me to the gallows with her!

golden fields

Can somebody explain?

It's about gaza.

You appear to be contradicting yourself. Earlier you said "anti Israel". Which one of you is right, the today you, or the yesterday you?

What do you bel3ive the contradiction is ?"

The contradiction between what you said yesterday and what you're saying today.

You're making this weird conspiracy theory very hard work!

ashton

She's worse than Hitler!!!

Again. Your attempt at mockery doesn't change the fact that in 2 occasions inside of a month she's demonstrated her disdain for jews/ Israel.

One involved being on the mic with a chant.

The other a cut out with an anti semitic message via a toy"

Being disdainful of the Israeli governments policy on Palestine is a perfectly legitimate political stance. Unless you think it's ok to build on other people's land without their permission.

Conflating criticism of Israeli government positions with a distain for all Jews is a classic bit of nonsense.

So again the case for the prosecution is a photo with an octopus and a denouncement of current Israeli Government Policy.

ashton

I would like to add that in this 'anti semetic' picture Greta is sat literally next to a girl with a placard saying

'This Jew stands with Palestine'.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"The toy in question is used as a tool in autism, because you can turn it from being angry blue to happy pink.

I believe that she is on the spectrum somewhere and so that gives more credence to the version of truth that says this was an unfortunate mistake.

No.

There's no reason for the to be in the photo.

It's a photo about gaza. And a purposefully placed toy. They could have taken it anywhere in the house the toy could have faced any direction. It was sat dead front into the camera.

There is absolutely bo mistaking it.

Please stop with this "

I can see two versions of reality that fit with what was seen. I'm comfortable with saying I don't know for sure. Until this thread I had no idea that an octopus may be anti semetic. Others have shared the same view.

I'm not backing either horse to the hilt here.

Nor am I'm not saying the octopus was there by accident. I'm entertaining the possibly it was there to display a different message.

Eg a toy for autism was used by a kid on the spectrum to emphasise their feelings

I give this a non zero possibility . Indeed im not sure why someone would put an anti semetic symbol in a picture especially one who has a public image to look after. Seems very dumb to me. This isn't letting the mask slip bit intentionally taking it off.

But again, I'm not giving antisemitic symbolism non zero probability either. It is possible. So I'm not discounting your world view completey. I'm just challenging if it is the only view one can have that fits the facts.

Gilfach

"I was simply posting her chant.

See the speech marks.

A person then tried asking it to be about climate change( the events entire reason for being)

She then began chanting the above."

What you posted was:

---

---

I thought that the words in quotes were the title of the rally. There was no hint that she might actually have been saying those words.

Even if I had realised that's what you meant, shouting "people in Gaza are suffering from climate change more than some others" isn't convincingly anti-Semitic.

Leeds

"

Based on the evidence:

Random dude on a swingers forum who has a history of climate science denial claimed she was once photographed with a toy octopus in the background. Well that's enough for me to the gallows with her!"

Again.

Canyou address the issue of her and 3 others in support of gaza having no other toys in the photo( or any others previously with greta) but th3n there's an anti semitic symbol of an octopus.

Then why at a climate.at event she began taking about gaza and influenced a chant about gaza?

Leeds

See the speech marks.

What you posted was:

---

---

I thought that the words in quotes were the title of the rally. There was no hint that she might actually have been saying those words.

Even if I had realised that's what you meant, shouting "people in Gaza are suffering from climate change more than some others" isn't convincingly anti-Semitic."

No.

Thats why they are quote marks to indicate speech.

golden fields

See the speech marks.

What you posted was:

---

---

Even if I had realised that's what you meant, shouting "people in Gaza are suffering from climate change more than some others" isn't convincingly anti-Semitic."

You appear to have missed a key piece of irrefutable evidence. She was once photographed with a toy octopus in the background.

Checkmate.

Leeds

She posted an anti semitic symbol when holding a placard about gaza.

Removed the post.

Then a mo th later began talking about gaza and Palestine at a conference.

Then led a chant about occupied land.

The mask is slipping.

Leeds

"I would like to add that in this 'anti semetic' picture Greta is sat literally next to a girl with a placard saying

'This Jew stands with Palestine'.

"

And?

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

It's about gaza.

What do you bel3ive the contradiction is ?

The contradiction between what you said yesterday and what you're saying today.

You're making this weird conspiracy theory very hard work!"

What's my co tradixtion.

Asking again.

Is this going to be like your claim o suellas evil words that you never backed up?

By *verysmileMan 25 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

Can someone clarify what they understand by the octopus thing in relation to this forum post?

Leeds

"Can someone clarify what they understand by the octopus thing in relation to this forum post?"

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/photo/anti-jewish-propaganda

By *wosmilersCouple 25 weeks ago

Heathrowish

"Can someone clarify what they understand by the octopus thing in relation to this forum post?

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/photo/anti-jewish-propaganda"

Ah....the worldwide Jewish conspiracy. Thanks for the link.

golden fields

"

Based on the evidence:

Random dude on a swingers forum who has a history of climate science denial claimed she was once photographed with a toy octopus in the background. Well that's enough for me to the gallows with her!

Again.

Canyou address the issue of her and 3 others in support of gaza having no other toys in the photo( or any others previously with greta) but th3n there's an anti semitic symbol of an octopus."

Before now, I haven't heard anyone claim the number of toys in a photograph was related to showing support to Gaza.

And the octopus toy being in shot seems like the most tenuous link I've ever heard.

And thirdly you seem to be confusing showing support for Gaza with being anti semitic.

"

Then why at a climate.at event she began taking about gaza and influenced a chant about gaza?"

See above, being against war crimes in Gaza is unrelated to being anti semitic.

golden fields

"She posted an anti semitic symbol when holding a placard about gaza.

Removed the post.

Then a mo th later began talking about gaza and Palestine at a conference.

Then led a chant about occupied land.

The mask is slipping."

ashton

"

Based on the evidence:

Again.

Canyou address the issue of her and 3 others in support of gaza having no other toys in the photo( or any others previously with greta) but th3n there's an anti semitic symbol of an octopus.

Then why at a climate.at event she began taking about gaza and influenced a chant about gaza?"

You talk so much nonsense. Link this post with my one about her literally sitting shoulder to shoulder with a Jewish person.

This is my last post as this conversation is clearly beyond you.

It is your position that the last ten years of her life spent travellin around the world, giving speeches about climate change, striking for schools, inspiring others, siting next to people of all faiths and ethnicities (,including in the offending photo next to an actual Jewish person) has all been a massive ruse to finally reveal she hates Jews. And how does she do it?

By having a photo with a Jewish girl.....and an octopus....and then says she disagrees with Israel's policy on occupation - a position that has been agreed at the UN.

That's her plan to bring down the Jews.

Have a think about your position as that's it.

Leeds

"

Based on the evidence:

Again.

Then why at a climate.at event she began taking about gaza and influenced a chant about gaza?

You talk so much nonsense. Link this post with my one about her literally sitting shoulder to shoulder with a Jewish person.

This is my last post as this conversation is clearly beyond you.

It is your position that the last ten years of her life spent travellin around the world, giving speeches about climate change, striking for schools, inspiring others, siting next to people of all faiths and ethnicities (,including in the offending photo next to an actual Jewish person) has all been a massive ruse to finally reveal she hates Jews. And how does she do it?

By having a photo with a Jewish girl.....and an octopus....and then says she disagrees with Israel's policy on occupation - a position that has been agreed at the UN.

That's her plan to bring down the Jews.

Have a think about your position as that's it.

"

Nope.

I am saying the mask slipped.

She said she didn't realise the symbol was anti semitic.

She held a placard about gaza.

She is now calling Israel occupied land.

The mask is slipping because why should we now beli3ve the octopus was a mistake.

She hijacked a climate discussion and made it about gaza then led a chant about occupied cisraeli land and gaza.

The mask is slipping.

She never had the toy in any other photos in her several years doing climate change. It was clearly means as antisemitic.

Greta has shown her colours.

Leeds

"

Based on the evidence:

Again.

Before now, I haven't heard anyone claim the number of toys in a photograph was related to showing support to Gaza.

And the octopus toy being in shot seems like the most tenuous link I've ever heard.

And thirdly you seem to be confusing showing support for Gaza with being anti semitic.

See above, being against war crimes in Gaza is unrelated to being anti semitic. "

The symbol is anti semitic.

She then led a chant about occupied land....during a climate rally.

For some one that is a leader now in this free Palestine movement. She seems very un aware of symbolism.

Leeds

Johnny.

Feel free to find greta with the same toy in any other photo on her rallies and twitter posts.

And I'll retract my comment.

golden fields

"Johnny.

Feel free to find greta with the same toy in any other photo on her rallies and twitter posts.

And I'll retract my comment."

Honestly, your entire theory is comical. I have no interest in you retracting anything.

Do you honestly not see how laughable this is?

Everything seems to be anti-Semitic these days. The government has been trying to make the Palestinian flag a anti-Semitic symbol. Next I guess they will make using the word Palestinian a anti-Semitic act.

Terra Firma

"Everything seems to be anti-Semitic these days. The government has been trying to make the Palestinian flag a anti-Semitic symbol. Next I guess they will make using the word Palestinian a anti-Semitic act."

The sudden increase in attacks on Jewish people in the street seems antisemitic, surrounding fast food restaurants that are believed to represent Jewish interests, seems antisemitic, nazi symbols in pro Palestinian marches seems antisemitic, the calling for a clearing of peoples not Palestinian from land seems antisemitic, tearing down posters of taken Israelis seems a touch antisemitic, travelling into Jewish neighbourhoods and beating up people seems antisemitic.

Other than that, I get your point

Heathrowish

"Everything seems to be anti-Semitic these days. The government has been trying to make the Palestinian flag a anti-Semitic symbol. Next I guess they will make using the word Palestinian a anti-Semitic act.

The sudden increase in attacks on Jewish people in the street seems antisemitic, surrounding fast food restaurants that are believed to represent Jewish interests, seems antisemitic, nazi symbols in pro Palestinian marches seems antisemitic, the calling for a clearing of peoples not Palestinian from land seems antisemitic, tearing down posters of taken Israelis seems a touch antisemitic, travelling into Jewish neighbourhoods and beating up people seems antisemitic.

Other than that, I get your point"

You forgot to mention throwing red paint on Jewish schools and Synagogues....as if the staff, pupils and worshippers are at fault for failing geopolitics.

Heathrowish

....and to balance, there has been an increase in Islamophobic incidents but at the moment, not to the same degree as antisemitism.

milton keynes

"Everything seems to be anti-Semitic these days. The government has been trying to make the Palestinian flag a anti-Semitic symbol. Next I guess they will make using the word Palestinian a anti-Semitic act.

France has suffered a lot with antisemitic actions but they held a large protest March against it supported across the political spectrum - well apart from the far left

By *wisted999Man 25 weeks ago

North Bucks

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 25 weeks ago

Border of London

"Everything seems to be anti-Semitic these days. The government has been trying to make the Palestinian flag a anti-Semitic symbol. Next I guess they will make using the word Palestinian a anti-Semitic act."

In 2022, people were saying:

Everything seems to be anti-trans these days. The government has been trying to make changing pronouns illegal, next they will make the word "straight" and anti trans act.

Maybe take a leaf from the trans community: talk to Jews who suffer anti-Semitism and heat their lived experiences.

What are the equivalence of all those things to a toy and a flag..?

In 2022, people were saying:

Everything seems to be anti-trans these days. The government has been trying to make changing pronouns illegal, next they will make the word "straight" and anti trans act.

Maybe take a leaf from the trans community: talk to Jews who suffer anti-Semitism and heat their lived experiences.

"

Did I deny there is anti-Semitism..? The issue in my view is çonnecting normal mundane things with anti-semitism. Its like people not wanting to say black coffee, in case it offends black people.

Terra Firma

What are the equivalence of all those things to a toy and a flag..?"

You’re the one calling out everything is antisemitic these days, are you saying there hasn’t been a rise, or there is a rise…

Strange to call out a rise in hate as something to be scorned at I would have thought?

You’re the one calling out everything is antisemitic these days, are you saying there hasn’t been a rise, or there is a rise…

Strange to call out a rise in hate as something to be scorned at I would have thought?"

Not doubting at all that anti-Semitism is a problem. Its been a problem for as long as I can remember. Its disgusting.

Obviously the conflict has brought it out even more, from the idiots who maybe used to be in the shadows. But the grounds are being muddied by the increasing things that are being classed anti-Semitic. I believe a lot of that is being pushed from some quarters to cover any criticism of Israeli government. Its important that people are allowed to voice genuine opinions on a perceived wrong without being labeled anti-Semitic to shut down a argument.

By *astandFeistyCouple 25 weeks ago

Bournemouth

Strange to call out a rise in hate as something to be scorned at I would have thought?

Not doubting at all that anti-Semitism is a problem. Its been a problem for as long as I can remember. Its disgusting.

Obviously the conflict has brought it out even more, from the idiots who maybe used to be in the shadows. But the grounds are being muddied by the increasing things that are being classed anti-Semitic. I believe a lot of that is being pushed from some quarters to cover any criticism of Israeli government. Its important that people are allowed to voice genuine opinions on a perceived wrong without being labeled anti-Semitic to shut down a argument. "

You're right, the things labelled anti-semitic does seem a bit much. I'm not sure why that would surprise anyway, we've been shown over the last few years with islamophobia and transphobia being big examples that things are taken wildly out of context to suit a narrative.

By *abioMan 25 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I think the fact you actually had to explain the octopus thing shows just how much you had to stretch make it try and suit the narrative you are trying to peddle really hard ….

I find it interesting how this one young woman can trigger so many (at this point I was so tempted to use the phrase “gammon”… but then in context I know I will get accused of so many things, someone will probably report me, and I don’t want to derail the thread) older gentleman to the point where they feel they have to attack her on anything that she may say or do where to a huge chunk of the public it may look like bullying!

By *irldnCouple 25 weeks ago

Brighton

"Can someone clarify what they understand by the octopus thing in relation to this forum post?

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/photo/anti-jewish-propaganda"

I reckon Tufton St made Greta do it

golden fields

I reckon Tufton St made Greta do it "

Maybe Aliens?

Brighton

Maybe Aliens?"

Do we know aliens exist though?

Bournemouth

Maybe Aliens?

Do we know aliens exist though?"

The science currently says no. Maybe we should now be calling posters 'alien science deniers'

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Maybe Aliens?

The science currently says no. Maybe we should now be calling posters 'alien science deniers'"

I'd hope scientists would say no evidence of existence rather than (evidence) they don't exist.

Brighton

Maybe Aliens?

The science currently says no. Maybe we should now be calling posters 'alien science deniers' I'd hope scientists would say no evidence of existence rather than (evidence) they don't exist. "

Indeed. Statistically the probability of there being other life forms in the galaxy means it would be virtually impossible for there not to be aliens. That doesn’t of course mean they would be humanoid, they could look like octopuses (see what I did there )

Bournemouth

Maybe Aliens?

The science currently says no. Maybe we should now be calling posters 'alien science deniers' I'd hope scientists would say no evidence of existence rather than (evidence) they don't exist.

Indeed. Statistically the probability of there being other life forms in the galaxy means it would be virtually impossible for there not to be aliens. That doesn’t of course mean they would be humanoid, they could look like octopuses (see what I did there )"

Statistically, there is zero evidence of aliens exiting

If you insist they do exist you will be labelled an 'alien science denier'.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Maybe Aliens?

The science currently says no. Maybe we should now be calling posters 'alien science deniers' I'd hope scientists would say no evidence of existence rather than (evidence) they don't exist.

Indeed. Statistically the probability of there being other life forms in the galaxy means it would be virtually impossible for there not to be aliens. That doesn’t of course mean they would be humanoid, they could look like octopuses (see what I did there )

If you insist they do exist you will be labelled an 'alien science denier'."

there is zero evidence. Although given what is needed to have evidence, it's is statistically likely that there would be zero evidence even if there were aliens. No evidence gives almost no information.

Terra Firma

Maybe Aliens?

If you insist they do exist you will be labelled an 'alien science denier'. there is zero evidence. Although given what is needed to have evidence, it's is statistically likely that there would be zero evidence even if there were aliens. No evidence gives almost no information. "

To define an alien is the first step, what makes an alien, an alien?

Denying a life form can’t be an alien does not comply to now accepted norms and is surely an own goal, and in the grand scheme of things that would be genocide.

Brighton

Maybe Aliens?

If you insist they do exist you will be labelled an 'alien science denier'. there is zero evidence. Although given what is needed to have evidence, it's is statistically likely that there would be zero evidence even if there were aliens. No evidence gives almost no information.

Denying a life form can’t be an alien does not comply to now accepted norms and is surely an own goal, and in the grand scheme of things that would be genocide.

"

We need to be careful though that we are not accused of being alienphobes as pretty much everything these days is phobia of this or phobia of that

golden fields

Maybe Aliens?

If you insist they do exist you will be labelled an 'alien science denier'. there is zero evidence. Although given what is needed to have evidence, it's is statistically likely that there would be zero evidence even if there were aliens. No evidence gives almost no information.

We need to be careful though that we are not accused of being alienphobes as pretty much everything these days is phobia of this or phobia of that"

Finally this thread is starting to make sense.

By *ndycoinsMan 25 weeks ago

Buxton

If Greta knew the details that's a huge miss judgement. Has an explanation been given ? Why didn't her Jewish friend call it out ?

That seems extremely tenuous. How many people have had their photo taken with an octopus in shot in an aquarium. Are climate science deniers really saying that all these people are anti semitic?"

It wasn't in an aquarium,it was a soft toy placed in shot deliberately,not an overlooked background object.Unless it's a new species of furry Octopus previously unknown to science,that looks like a soft toy and can live out of water for long enough to travel inland to take part in a photograph.

By *ickewbitsantha!!Man 25 weeks ago

splott

She hasn't got a point of view on anything....she is a puppet of George Soros, he is controlling her every action

Peterborough

Maybe Aliens?

We need to be careful though that we are not accused of being alienphobes as pretty much everything these days is phobia of this or phobia of that"

What about alienist?

Anyway, who said there was no evidence of aliens? Life on Mars springs to mind...

Gilfach

"Anyway, who said there was no evidence of aliens? Life on Mars springs to mind..."

There's a song about that.

golden fields

That seems extremely tenuous. How many people have had their photo taken with an octopus in shot in an aquarium. Are climate science deniers really saying that all these people are anti semitic?

It wasn't in an aquarium,it was a soft toy placed in shot deliberately,not an overlooked background object.Unless it's a new species of furry Octopus previously unknown to science,that looks like a soft toy and can live out of water for long enough to travel inland to take part in a photograph."

Conclusive proof that science is really just a cover for Greta to spread her racist message through the medium of a soft toy in the background of a photo.

Terra Firma

It wasn't in an aquarium,it was a soft toy placed in shot deliberately,not an overlooked background object.Unless it's a new species of furry Octopus previously unknown to science,that looks like a soft toy and can live out of water for long enough to travel inland to take part in a photograph.

Conclusive proof that science is really just a cover for Greta to spread her racist message through the medium of a soft toy in the background of a photo. "

Why are you defending her? Do you know for sure her intentions?

It is a strange block to put your neck….

golden fields

Conclusive proof that science is really just a cover for Greta to spread her racist message through the medium of a soft toy in the background of a photo.

Why are you defending her?

"

I'm not, the soft toy in the background of a photo is enough evidence to condemn her. Off with her head.

"

Do you know for sure her intentions?

"

Yes, they're clear, the soft toy indicates she has hate in her heart.

"

It is a strange block to put your neck…."

Terra Firma

I'm not, the soft toy in the background of a photo is enough evidence to condemn her. Off with her head.

"

That is a long winded way of saying, “no I don’t”

golden fields

That is a long winded way of saying, “no I don’t”"

It's a long winded way of poking fun at the concept of having a soft toy in the background of a photo is proof that she's trying to convey an anti-Semitic message.

It's grasping at straws. It's comical.

Peterborough

"Anyway, who said there was no evidence of aliens? Life on Mars springs to mind...

There's a song about that."

And drama?

But seriously, there's evidence of past organisms.

Peterborough

Do you not think a positive assumption is better than a negative one? Because assumptions are exactly what this thread is about.

milton keynes

I had not heard of the octopus being anti-Semitic before but a quick Google shows lots of results. To find it was used by the Germans during Nazi time is not a surprise but it seems to predate them quite a bit though out history. Greta removed the image claiming she was unaware of the symbolism and accepts it's meaning to many Jewish people. It just comes down to do you believe her explanation or not.

By *abioMan 25 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"She hasn't got a point of view on anything....she is a puppet of George Soros, he is controlling her every action"

Speak about trotting out tropes… well done!!!

Gilfach

"I had not heard of the octopus being anti-Semitic before but a quick Google shows lots of results. To find it was used by the Germans during Nazi time is not a surprise but it seems to predate them quite a bit though out history. Greta removed the image claiming she was unaware of the symbolism and accepts it's meaning to many Jewish people. It just comes down to do you believe her explanation or not. "

I've only just looked at the photo, and I'm surprised that no one has pointed out that the octopus is on the leg of the woman behind Greta Thunberg. It probably belongs to that woman, and GT may have been completely unaware of it when the photo was taken.

It does seem weird to put a cuddly toy into a photo that's supposed to be a serious protest, but it does have its 'angry' face on, so I'm guessing one of them thought that added something.

Even though it has clearly been deliberately placed, it seems a stretch to claim that it's a 'secret' anti-Semitic message, and even more of a stretch to pin that anti-Semitism on GT herself.

Terra Firma

It's a long winded way of poking fun at the concept of having a soft toy in the background of a photo is proof that she's trying to convey an anti-Semitic message.

It's grasping at straws. It's comical. "

I'm not saying it was done innocently or with malice, what I'm saying is neither you or I know the intention.

No climate justice on occupied land

golden fields

[Removed by poster at 17/11/23 08:16:25]

golden fields

I'm not saying it was done innocently or with malice, what I'm saying is neither you or I know the intention.

No climate justice on occupied land "

Of course, no one knows.

Every single photo ever published with any form of octopus in the background should equally rile climate science deniers though. They should be scouring the internet and jumping to the same bizarre conclusion every time. Otherwise this accusation makes zero sense.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

No climate justice on occupied land "

so true with so much stuff... Which is my point exactly.

But what we can do is balance out the probabilities. We will likely get different answers but it's very good to have the open mind to the idea other versions of reality exist.

The antisemite version needs her knowing the octopus is anti semetic and then deciding to intentionally put the anti semetic symbol in a tweet. That feels an odd thing to do for her even if she was an anti semite. It also probably needs her Jewish friend to not be aware, or not call her out, or not be Jewish.

The other explanation involves a autistic toy being used by an autistic girl to emphasise a anger. However the evidence against this is the fact she's never done it before. However as someone said, it may not be her toy, so that could explain that.

I lean towards the second. I can't rule out the first, if just seems less probable in my mind. There may be a third.

Terra Firma

Of course, no one knows.

Every single photo ever published with any form of octopus in the background should equally rile climate science deniers though. They should be scouring the internet and jumping to the same bizarre conclusion every time. Otherwise this accusation makes zero sense. "

Would you say Greta is a switched on type of person who looks at situations that require thought and planning to be able to rally her supporters to the situation that needs highlighting? Or would you say she was the knee jerk type who simply does what she thinks is best to support a cause worth protesting for with her supporters?

golden fields

Of course, no one knows.

Every single photo ever published with any form of octopus in the background should equally rile climate science deniers though. They should be scouring the internet and jumping to the same bizarre conclusion every time. Otherwise this accusation makes zero sense.

Would you say Greta is a switched on type of person who looks at situations that require thought and planning to be able to rally her supporters to the situation that needs highlighting? Or would you say she was the knee jerk type who simply does what she thinks is best to support a cause worth protesting for with her supporters?

"

I honestly don't know much about her, except she makes older right wing men very angry.

However neither of the above would add any weight to this extremely tenuous and bizarre theory that the OP has.

Leeds

"Johnny.

Honestly, your entire theory is comical. I have no interest in you retracting anything.

"

I just take this as a

"I cant find any photo of her with a anti semite symbol in previously."

Leeds

Can somebody explain?"

Re no climate justice occupied land. It means they can't demand justice while jews are in Israel

golden fields

"Johnny.

I just take this as a

"I cant find any photo of her with a anti semite symbol in previously.""

This makes as much sense as the rest of the claims on this thread.

golden fields

Can somebody explain?

Re no climate justice occupied land. It means they can't demand justice while jews are in Israel

"

This was already explained to you at great length. This is not what it means..

By *ostindreamsMan 25 weeks ago

London

Greta has had enough problems with her climate activism. She was already caught deleting a tweet she posted in 2018 about some prediction she had about 2023. From an activism perspective, I don't think adding Palestine issue to the mix is a particularly smart move.

Amazing how people who have previously openly said, very anti-Semitic statements are now given a pass by media others on here. Not only that but given platforms by pro Israeli movements. Only reason being being they are now pro Israeli in this conflict.

While if you speak up for the Palestinians, there is a almost McCarthyism type witch-hunt to link you to anything that might be considered anti-Semitic.

Maybe governments should ban the production and sales of Octopus toys, Palestine flags and the Keffiyeh etc.

By *orleyman OP   Man 24 weeks ago

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

This was already explained to you at great length. This is not what it means.."

No it was never explained to me.

This is exactly what it means.

Feel free to point out that explanation to me.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 24 weeks ago

golden fields

Can somebody explain?

Feel free to point out that explanation to me."

Reread this thread at your leisure.

By *appyPandaMan 24 weeks ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

[Removed by poster at 23/11/23 13:16:24]

By *appyPandaMan 24 weeks ago

Kilkenny, but Dublin is more fun

Quite the video too.

Oh the rank hypocrisy"

Many autistic folk are very fond of the octopus as it's an alien like creature inhabiting the oceans, and we often feel like alien spectators trying to function in a human world built upon social constructs, strange illogical rituals and obsessions with constantly shifting social dynamics and norms.

Just because there was an antisemitic cartoon made decades ago featuring an octopus doesn't mean that every autistic person that is interested in octopuses or has an octopus plushy for comfort has a deep hatred against Jewish people.

You folk are the ones that speak through subtext or implied/suggested non verbal cues, while our communication tends to be much more direct and often a tad too direct as that's just how our brains function.

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

Reread this thread at your leisure. "

I have..no address

By *AFKA HovisMan 24 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Can somebody explain?

I have..no address"

I feel people have tried and so it's not clear if you need an explanation on climate justice, or why it can be achieved in palenstine.

Maybe its worth your replying back what understand climate justice to be be?

By *otMe66Man 24 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Can somebody explain?

I have..no addressI feel people have tried and so it's not clear if you need an explanation on climate justice, or why it can be achieved in palenstine.

"

He did reply back with what he thought it meant and was told he was wrong, he is still waiting for the answer as to why he is wrong.

I’ve said this further up, nobody is sure what it means, it’s words with no direct explanation and left to interpretation.

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Can somebody explain?

I have..no addressI feel people have tried and so it's not clear if you need an explanation on climate justice, or why it can be achieved in palenstine.

He did reply back with what he thought it meant and was told he was wrong, he is still waiting for the answer as to why he is wrong.

I’ve said this further up, nobody is sure what it means, it’s words with no direct explanation and left to interpretation.

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist. "

I can't find that post... Can you copy and repaste so it's easier to hand ?

Terra Firma

Can somebody explain?

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist. I can't find that post... Can you copy and repaste so it's easier to hand ?"

It’s in this post at the top, question, explanation, a comment on being wrong etc

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Can somebody explain?

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist. I can't find that post... Can you copy and repaste so it's easier to hand ?

It’s in this post at the top, question, explanation, a comment on being wrong etc "

I still can't find it. The first part of this thread was on octopuses. And then when we got to the bit about climate justice o can see a couple of attempts but none by Morley.

I'd say people have tried to explain it, and so it's more a case of noone has explained it clwell or clearly enough. But without knowing which bit isn't clear, we'd be repeating ourselves fruitlessly.

Terra Firma

Can somebody explain?

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist. I can't find that post... Can you copy and repaste so it's easier to hand ?

It’s in this post at the top, question, explanation, a comment on being wrong etc I still can't find it. The first part of this thread was on octopuses. And then when we got to the bit about climate justice o can see a couple of attempts but none by Morley.

I'd say people have tried to explain it, and so it's more a case of noone has explained it clwell or clearly enough. But without knowing which bit isn't clear, we'd be repeating ourselves fruitlessly. "

This was from Morley “ Re no climate justice occupied land. It means they can't demand justice while jews are in Israel”

He was then told he was wrong, but not why exactly.

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

It’s in this post at the top, question, explanation, a comment on being wrong etc I still can't find it. The first part of this thread was on octopuses. And then when we got to the bit about climate justice o can see a couple of attempts but none by Morley.

I'd say people have tried to explain it, and so it's more a case of noone has explained it clwell or clearly enough. But without knowing which bit isn't clear, we'd be repeating ourselves fruitlessly. "

I dont think any one has tried explaining what she meant.

But my reply seemed the most appropriate assumption.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Can somebody explain?

I'd say people have tried to explain it, and so it's more a case of noone has explained it clwell or clearly enough. But without knowing which bit isn't clear, we'd be repeating ourselves fruitlessly.

But my reply seemed the most appropriate assumption."

which bit was an assumption ?

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

But my reply seemed the most appropriate assumption.which bit was an assumption ?"

Me interpreting her words on occupied land.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Can somebody explain?

But my reply seemed the most appropriate assumption.which bit was an assumption ?

Me interpreting her words on occupied land."

I'm not sure what your assumption is

If you search for "expert" that's the start of where an attempt to understand the term happened.

We are piecing together thoughts from our own research into this.

golden fields

Can somebody explain?

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist. "

Let's be honest, it's been explained in detail. If he thinks someone should be condemned as an anti-Semite because of a cuddly toy in the background of a photo, he's unlikely to put in even the most basic of effort to attempt to understand.

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

Poor work if people need to scratch around for the meaning of a chant by a leading activist.

Let's be honest, it's been explained in detail. If he thinks someone should be condemned as an anti-Semite because of a cuddly toy in the background of a photo, he's unlikely to put in even the most basic of effort to attempt to understand. "

Feel free to quote what she meant from whoever posted it then?

golden fields

Can somebody explain?

Let's be honest, it's been explained in detail. If he thinks someone should be condemned as an anti-Semite because of a cuddly toy in the background of a photo, he's unlikely to put in even the most basic of effort to attempt to understand.

Feel free to quote what she meant from whoever posted it then?"

Because you can't be arsed to read the thread?

My opinion is that you simply don't want to understand. You think that a cuddly toy in the background of an old photo is proof that an autistic kid is anti semitic.

Leeds

Can somebody explain?

Feel free to quote what she meant from whoever posted it then?

Because you can't be arsed to read the thread?

My opinion is that you simply don't want to understand. You think that a cuddly toy in the background of an old photo is proof that an autistic kid is anti semitic. "

I have read the thread twice. I can't see it.

Please copy paste?

Leeds

It really is a simple question after your claim. I've read the thread twice.

I can not see a breakdown of another interpretation of gretas chant.

golden fields

"It really is a simple question after your claim. I've read the thread twice.

"

I haven't made any claims.

"

"

It wasn't Greta's chant.

Leeds

"It really is a simple question after your claim. I've read the thread twice.

I haven't made any claims.

It wasn't Greta's chant.

"

It was she began doing it on stage she was the ring leader.

Have you actually watched it.

You claimed its been explained.

Leeds

"This was already explained to you at great length. This is not what it means.."

Your claim Johnny.

Or are you now retracting this

golden fields

""This was already explained to you at great length. This is not what it means.."

Your claim Johnny.

Or are you now retracting this"

I was replying to your claim with information.

"Claim: state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof."

Seeing as you can't be arsed to reread. The 24th reply is the one you need. Plus the follow ups.

Leeds

""This was already explained to you at great length. This is not what it means.."

Your claim Johnny.

Or are you now retracting this

I was replying to your claim with information.

"Claim: state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof."

Seeing as you can't be arsed to reread. The 24th reply is the one you need. Plus the follow ups.

"

And the 25th reply deals with it making no sense .

So where was it explained?

Leeds

So I'm guessing they see that the effects are felt more on occupied lands than others. "

How would it be felt by Israel more than Palestine?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

is Israel occupied land in this instance ?

Leeds

is Israel occupied land in this instance ?"

Yes israel is occupied land. Palestinians/ hamas want it back. Sort of the reason for the conflict.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"

which bit makes no sense ?

The way I'm picturing this is akin to saying...

"The increase in energy prices affects some groups of people more than others, even if everyone sees the same increase. Eg it will cause a greater effect on their whose energy bills make a larger proportion of their income"

That would be "energy injustice".

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Yes israel is occupied land. Palestinians/ hamas want it back. Sort of the reason for the conflict.

"

I think they mean the area as a whole. The "occupation" has caused refugees etc and they will be impacted by it harder.

Leeds

I think they mean the area as a whole. The "occupation" has caused refugees etc and they will be impacted by it harder. "

The occupied land is Israel.

Leeds

"The increase in energy prices affects some groups of people more than others, even if everyone sees the same increase. Eg it will cause a greater effect on their whose energy bills make a larger proportion of their income"

That would be "energy injustice". "

If you're addressing the chant.

How does Israel feel the effects of climate change more than west Bank? As Israel is the occupied land?

That's what you sentence says.

"No climate justice on occupied land"

You said some groups feel climate change more than others

So no climate justice on occupied land would be that Israelis are feeling tbe climate more than gaza and westbank.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I think they mean the area as a whole. The "occupation" has caused refugees etc and they will be impacted by it harder.

The occupied land is Israel."

I'm not disagreeing. I'm putting over what I believe may be their underlying view.

It's a shit slogan. Not going to argue.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

That would be "energy injustice".

If you're addressing the chant.

How does Israel feel the effects of climate change more than west Bank? As Israel is the occupied land?

That's what you sentence says.

"No climate justice on occupied land"

You said some groups feel climate change more than others

So no climate justice on occupied land would be that Israelis are feeling tbe climate more than gaza and westbank.

"

I've answered below, I think the slogan doesn't actually say what they want it to.

However at least we are in the same page on what hasn't been explained. It's the Israel v palenstine / occupied land bit, not needing to explain climate injustice.

Leeds

The occupied land is Israel.I'm not disagreeing. I'm putting over what I believe may be their underlying view.

It's a shit slogan. Not going to argue. "

.yeah that's fine.

It's a shit slogan agreed.

But it's a slogan that still should bot have been used at a climate change rally. It serve to further rhighlight her agenda as bot one on climate but just activism as well as highlight that the octopus was not a mistake.