FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Boxing Day Hunts

Boxing Day Hunts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    19 weeks ago

Is it time to ban people riding around on horseback while wearing red jackets?

Some people seem to find this pastime very triggering and bad for their wellbeing.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *addad99Man 19 weeks ago

Rotherham /newquay

Some will some want I love watching are local one if I'm around then again I love being out on the land anyway.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 19 weeks ago

Central

Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment

By *allySlinkyWoman 19 weeks ago

Leeds

"Some will some want I love watching are local one"

How can you enjoy watching an animal chased to exhaustion then ripped apart alive by dogs ?

Rotherham /newquay

"Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment "
they are pretty good with the environment most work the land all year helps environment and nature

Rotherham /newquay

"Some will some want I love watching are local one

How can you enjoy watching an animal chased to exhaustion then ripped apart alive by dogs ?"

it's each to their own as they drag chase now nothing gets hurt I've lived around it all my life and understand what they do all year but those that live in cities don't usually understand which is fine i don't judge.

Leeds

"but those that live in cities don't usually understand which is fine i don't judge."

Are you judging me by saying I live in a city, which I don't ?

Rotherham /newquay

"but those that live in cities don't usually understand which is fine i don't judge.

Are you judging me by saying I live in a city, which I don't ?"

no just saying it's usually those in cities that criticise or moan about countryside but never have been out of there concrete jungle.there are people around here that don't like it but understand about it and what it does

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 19 weeks ago

golden fields

"Is it time to ban people riding around on horseback while wearing red jackets?

Some people seem to find this pastime very triggering and bad for their wellbeing."

Is it time to ban people speculating about made up nonsense like people wanting to ban riding around on horseback while wearing red jackets?

Some people seem to find this pastime very triggering and bad for their wellbeing.

By *anifestoMan 19 weeks ago

dublin and wexford

"Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment they are pretty good with the environment most work the land all year helps environment and nature "

With their massive polluting tractors and 4x4s

Rotherham /newquay

"Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment they are pretty good with the environment most work the land all year helps environment and nature

With their massive polluting tractors and 4x4s"

yeah yeah I know but least there using them for what they are built for not just driving around a city

By (user no longer on site) 19 weeks ago

"Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment they are pretty good with the environment most work the land all year helps environment and nature

With their massive polluting tractors and 4x4s"

Destruction of nature reserves, taking hedgerows out. Pesticide spraying, pollution of rivers with pesticides, to name a few and Leo demanding taxpayers to subsidise their self entitled activities that should be consigned to the history books

By *9alMan 19 weeks ago

Bridgend

Destruction of nature reserves, taking hedgerows out. Pesticide spraying, pollution of rivers with pesticides, to name a few and Leo demanding taxpayers to subsidise their self entitled activities that should be consigned to the history books"

you seem to have missed out producing food for people to eat?

Rotherham /newquay

Destruction of nature reserves, taking hedgerows out. Pesticide spraying, pollution of rivers with pesticides, to name a few and Leo demanding taxpayers to subsidise their self entitled activities that should be consigned to the history books

you seem to have missed out producing food for people to eat? "

shush some think it just turns up on the shelf

By *os19Man 19 weeks ago

Edmonton

I have never understood how people can enjoy watching a pack of dogs rip a fox apart. I also thought that this was banned and they could only chase a scent or something called a drag.If this is correct why are foxes still been killed in this way

By *uddy laneMan 19 weeks ago

dudley

"I have never understood how people can enjoy watching a pack of dogs rip a fox apart. I also thought that this was banned and they could only chase a scent or something called a drag.If this is correct why are foxes still been killed in this way "

A rat is vermin and most people would have no problem in putting poison down to klll them if they were in their back garden, just like a farmer in his back garden.

you seem to have missed out producing food for people to eat? "

Foxhunting and poncing about getting pissed up isn't productive though

"I have never understood how people can enjoy watching a pack of dogs rip a fox apart. I also thought that this was banned and they could only chase a scent or something called a drag.If this is correct why are foxes still been killed in this way

A rat is vermin and most people would have no problem in putting poison down to klll them if they were in their back garden, just like a farmer in his back garden. "

Then why don't they dress up in red poncing about attire and torture them to death?

Why is it all other creatures deemed "vermin" are just shot but some are sentenced to slow death for sadistic pleasure.?

Why not shoot foxes if they're so called vermin.

dudley

"Why is it all other creatures deemed "vermin" are just shot but some are sentenced to slow death for sadistic pleasure.?

Why not shoot foxes if they're so called vermin.

"

The rat catcher puts down bait that has been laced with poison, I'm sure you have noticed the boxes on the floor with a hole either end, the vermin has a slow death.

By *irldnCouple 19 weeks ago

Brighton

Bunch of twats who would shit themselves if they needed to face the same odds the fox had to. Wankers the lot of them. Totally unnecessary cruelty. Ban it.

dudley

"Bunch of twats who would shit themselves if they needed to face the same odds the fox had to. Wankers the lot of them. Totally unnecessary cruelty. Ban it."

And rat catchers then we all could do with a dose of wells disease.

Rotherham /newquay

"Bunch of twats who would shit themselves if they needed to face the same odds the fox had to. Wankers the lot of them. Totally unnecessary cruelty. Ban it."
emotional nothing like being judgemental o and it's banned.

Brighton

"Bunch of twats who would shit themselves if they needed to face the same odds the fox had to. Wankers the lot of them. Totally unnecessary cruelty. Ban it. emotional nothing like being judgemental o and it's banned."

Is it banned? Thought the ban was overturned?

Personally I think dressing up and riding horses fast all over the place sounds great fun. Not sure why that needs to involve hunting down and killing a single defenceless fox and having the hounds rip it to shreds. Yes that makes them a bunch of twats.

By *ools and the brainCouple 19 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list?

Rotherham /newquay

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list? "
you've definitely never been near one as most are working class

By *ndycoinsMan 19 weeks ago

Buxton

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list? "

Same old Labour (and out of touch biased view),class war wealth jealousy.Even Blair has just admitted the hunting ban was the biggest mistake of his premiership.Most riders and followers aren't "toffs",a fact lost on our previous (labour) anti Semitic MP "only rich people have horses".Ignorance.

couple, us we him her.

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list?

Same old Labour (and out of touch biased view),class war wealth jealousy.Even Blair has just admitted the hunting ban was the biggest mistake of his premiership.Most riders and followers aren't "toffs",a fact lost on our previous (labour) anti Semitic MP "only rich people have horses".Ignorance."

Huzzah

Leeds

"Even Blair has just admitted the hunting ban was the biggest mistake of his premiership."

Even worse than invading Iraq ?

golden fields

"Even Blair has just admitted the hunting ban was the biggest mistake of his premiership."

Absolutely, a ban on dogs ripping apart foxes while a bunch of rich punters watch on, is much much worse that the war crimes in Iraq.

golden fields

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list?

Same old Labour (and out of touch biased view),class war wealth jealousy.Even Blair has just admitted the hunting ban was the biggest mistake of his premiership.Most riders and followers aren't "toffs",a fact lost on our previous (labour) anti Semitic MP "only rich people have horses".Ignorance."

For sure. Most poor people have enough spare cash for some horses, stable fees, vets fees etc.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 19 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list? you've definitely never been near one as most are working class "

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class..

Leeds

Apart from the horse (which maybe you can rent by the hour) how much do the boots, jodhpurs, riding jacket and top hat cost ?

dudley

Same old Labour (and out of touch biased view),class war wealth jealousy.Even Blair has just admitted the hunting ban was the biggest mistake of his premiership.Most riders and followers aren't "toffs",a fact lost on our previous (labour) anti Semitic MP "only rich people have horses".Ignorance.

For sure. Most poor people have enough spare cash for some horses, stable fees, vets fees etc."

You are equating working people as being poor, obviously you don't own a hos, around here even folk on the rock n roll have an hos or pony.

By (user no longer on site) OP    19 weeks ago

For sure. Most poor people have enough spare cash for some horses, stable fees, vets fees etc."

I’m sure many people simply sacrifice other things to pursue this particular way of life.

But let’s assume that your prejudice is correct. How does it make you feel that others can afford these things? Bitter? Envious? Resentful?

I fear we may be getting to the crux of the matter.

By *usybee73Man 19 weeks ago

in the sticks

Speaking to a few farmers, a large majority are anti hunting in this way, due to the damage it does on their land etc especially without their permission

golden fields

For sure. Most poor people have enough spare cash for some horses, stable fees, vets fees etc.

You are equating working people as being poor, obviously you don't own a hos, around here even folk on the rock n roll have an hos or pony."

I was referring directly to poor people. Replying to the person above.

The rest of your post, I don't understand.

golden fields

I’m sure many people simply sacrifice other things to pursue this particular way of life.

But let’s assume that your prejudice is correct. How does it make you feel that others can afford these things? Bitter? Envious? Resentful?

"

I have no opinion about these fictional poor people who own horses.

"

I fear we may be getting to the crux of the matter."

Do go on...

dudley

You are equating working people as being poor, obviously you don't own a hos, around here even folk on the rock n roll have an hos or pony.

The rest of your post, I don't understand."

Even poor on the dole have a horse "hos" or pony.

Brighton

Even poor on the dole have a horse "hos" or pony."

Can you prove that? Do benefits cover the cost of stabling, feeding, insuring and veterinary fees for the horse? If so then as a taxpayer that pisses me off!

Brighton

Can you prove that? Do benefits cover the cost of stabling, feeding, insuring and veterinary fees for the horse? If so then as a taxpayer that pisses me off! "

Except you were joking and I missed it! Doh! I guess the ones that do just needed to stop spending their money on booze, fags, Netflix, etc

Rotherham /newquay

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list? you've definitely never been near one as most are working class

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class.."

why aren't they working class?I know a few that work 2 3 jobs cleaning caring bar work that own horses so what is your idea of working class just those that live on the poverty line.

Brighton

"Surely it's just an excuse for a bunch of rich toffs to get together and promote themselves to get on the New Year's honours list? you've definitely never been near one as most are working class

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class..why aren't they working class?I know a few that work 2 3 jobs cleaning caring bar work that own horses so what is your idea of working class just those that live on the poverty line."

I think the issue in the UK is we equate class with wealth but that is no longer a universal truth. Plenty of “working class” people are wealthy (think some plumbers for example) and there are “upper class” people who are not wealthy.

I think in this case the point is that poor people cannot afford to own a horse regardless of their “class”.

There's also a large number who think they're above the law. Foxhunting is ILLEGAL yet they look for ways to cheat the system.

Rotherham /newquay

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class..why aren't they working class?I know a few that work 2 3 jobs cleaning caring bar work that own horses so what is your idea of working class just those that live on the poverty line.

I think the issue in the UK is we equate class with wealth but that is no longer a universal truth. Plenty of “working class” people are wealthy (think some plumbers for example) and there are “upper class” people who are not wealthy.

I think in this case the point is that poor people cannot afford to own a horse regardless of their “class”."

I totally agree but they are the poor not working class I have millionaires as friends that are definitely working class so my question still stands why can't working class own a horse i think most are just jealous about them spending money on things like this.

dudley

Can you prove that? Do benefits cover the cost of stabling, feeding, insuring and veterinary fees for the horse? If so then as a taxpayer that pisses me off!

Except you were joking and I missed it! Doh! I guess the ones that do just needed to stop spending their money on booze, fags, Netflix, etc"

You have to wait for the rage, yes people on the dole have horses amd pony around my way ie the black country, they get shoed for free the vets fees are small which is very rare cuz they are crossed with cobs which makes them resilient to disease the farrier gets the horse when it eventually snuffsit to cut up for meat, a lot of protein in a horse.

Rotherham /newquay

"There's also a large number who think they're above the law. Foxhunting is ILLEGAL yet they look for ways to cheat the system."
just like most others do then

couple, us we him her.

Yes lord Blandford and his working class pals go straight off to plaster someone's house following the annual Hunt in Blandford Forum.

"Rah rah rah we going to smash the oiks"

Rotherham /newquay

"Yes lord Blandford and his working class pals go straight off to plaster someone's house following the annual Hunt in Blandford Forum.

"Rah rah rah we going to smash the oiks""

that might be true or just made up in your head but the one near me they will be back working on the land or back building or roofing and one will be back on shift at hospital

"

you seem to have missed out producing food for people to eat?

"

You missed out that this country is filling up with ever increasing people.

This can't go on indefinitely

By *idnight RamblerMan 19 weeks ago

Pershore

I live in a hunting community, and things are not what they seem. For a start, farmers and landowners are divided, some permit hunting on their land, others don't. Ditto local people. The 'followers' themselves are an eclectic bunch, farmers, professionals and many ordinary 'working' people with a nag and a rented paddock.

It has to end. It's a barbaric blood sport where sadisti pleasure is the only reason for it.

Exactly the same thing for grouse shooting where birds of prey are poisoned so more grouse can be shot.

It's all sadistic bollocks by morons based on macho crap.

Pershore

"It has to end. It's a barbaric blood sport where sadisti pleasure is the only reason for it.

Exactly the same thing for grouse shooting where birds of prey are poisoned so more grouse can be shot.

It's all sadistic bollocks by morons based on macho crap."

I agree, I don't get field sports either. But there's a lot for hypocrisy from some people who are perfectly happy to let their cat kill countless mice, voles, shrews, newts and garden birds and just think it's funny.

in Lancashire

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class..why aren't they working class?I know a few that work 2 3 jobs cleaning caring bar work that own horses so what is your idea of working class just those that live on the poverty line."

There's plenty across the country who are hard working and struggling under the current regime, many work multiple jobs but the use that income to keep a roof over their loved ones heads and food on the table..

Fox hunting as a means of pest control is a bollocks excuse which has been shown to be simply a barbaric pastime..

We live in a pretty rural area surrounded by working farms and there's not been a hunt for several years within quite a large radius and we don't have a fix problem..

Because the pest controllers keep it down effectively, the local gunshop half a mile away is equally busy..

Rotherham /newquay

"It has to end. It's a barbaric blood sport where sadisti pleasure is the only reason for it.

It's all sadistic bollocks by morons based on macho crap."

I agree the killing of hen harriers should be stamped out rest I don't agree with but that's life

Rotherham /newquay

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class..why aren't they working class?I know a few that work 2 3 jobs cleaning caring bar work that own horses so what is your idea of working class just those that live on the poverty line.

There's plenty across the country who are hard working and struggling under the current regime, many work multiple jobs but the use that income to keep a roof over their loved ones heads and food on the table..

Fox hunting as a means of pest control is a bollocks excuse which has been shown to be simply a barbaric pastime..

We live in a pretty rural area surrounded by working farms and there's not been a hunt for several years within quite a large radius and we don't have a fix problem..

Because the pest controllers keep it down effectively, the local gunshop half a mile away is equally busy..

"

pest control I agree is rubbish game wardens do that anyway and yes are gun shop is busy just opened a clay shoot so even townies are shooting for 20 quid on a morning rest I'm not sure what your getting at yes people work hard keep a roof a nd food but what's that got to do with having a horse if that's what they want to spend there money on why not I have a classic car I work hard so it's my little joy any spare cash goes on it.

By *melie LALWoman 19 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Is it time to ban people riding around on horseback while wearing red jackets?

Some people seem to find this pastime very triggering and bad for their wellbeing."

Dye them purple

in Lancashire

pest control I agree is rubbish game wardens do that anyway and yes are gun shop is busy just opened a clay shoot so even townies are shooting for 20 quid on a morning rest I'm not sure what your getting at yes people work hard keep a roof a nd food but what's that got to do with having a horse if that's what they want to spend there money on why not I have a classic car I work hard so it's my little joy any spare cash goes on it."

I'm not saying nobody can't spend their money on whatever, fact is the increase in food banks under this government and the high percentage of working families who are eligible for and claiming in work benefits before the current cost of living crisis tends to make me take claims that the working class are off out hunting with a pinch of salt..

Brighton

I think in this case the point is that poor people cannot afford to own a horse regardless of their “class”.I totally agree but they are the poor not working class I have millionaires as friends that are definitely working class so my question still stands why can't working class own a horse i think most are just jealous about them spending money on things like this."

That’s my point though, people do not really mean “class” they mean “rich”.

I know plenty of very rich “working class” people. Not just a bit rich, very rich. I also know a few decidedly “upper class” people who live in very modest houses (though I wouldn’t class them as poor).

Rotherham /newquay

I think in this case the point is that poor people cannot afford to own a horse regardless of their “class”.I totally agree but they are the poor not working class I have millionaires as friends that are definitely working class so my question still stands why can't working class own a horse i think most are just jealous about them spending money on things like this.

That’s my point though, people do not really mean “class” they mean “rich”.

I know plenty of very rich “working class” people. Not just a bit rich, very rich. I also know a few decidedly “upper class” people who live in very modest houses (though I wouldn’t class them as poor)."

you might be right some just don't like others having money no matter how it was gained.

Leeds

Not all horse owners go fox hunting

Brighton

"Not all horse owners go fox hunting"

I’d wager only a tiny proportion!

golden fields

So the conclusion is that some poor people also enjoy watching a pack of dogs rip apart a fox?

Does this make it cool?

Leeds

"So the conclusion is that some poor people also enjoy watching a pack of dogs rip apart a fox?

Does this make it cool?"

Maybe the poor people are hoping for a few scraps of fox to add to their boiled nettle broth ?

By *ndycoinsMan 19 weeks ago

Buxton

"

If you want to condem something "barbaric" go and protest outside a Halal slaughterhouse,better still try your luck outside a mosque.

Leeds

Why are mosques barbaric ?

Peterborough

If you want to condem something "barbaric" go and protest outside a Halal slaughterhouse,better still try your luck outside a mosque."

With your use of ""barbaric"", I'm going to wager you don't think it's actually barbaric. If you did, it'd like comparing apples and oranges - a relatively quick way for the animal to die to feed people Vs a torturous fatalistic sport in the name of pest control.

Btw do you know the difference between kosher and halal meat? I'm asking cos you chose "barbaric" halal.

Pershore

If you want to condem something "barbaric" go and protest outside a Halal slaughterhouse,better still try your luck outside a mosque."

You make a good point. All too often, outrage at something or other has to align with a person's agenda. So equally 'outrageous' events get overlooked. As I mentioned above, a cat will kill more mammals and birds in a day than a pack of foxhounds in a year. No protestors yelling in urban gardens though. Your point about ritualised slaughter of animals for consumption is another example.

Brighton

Well that was a good comparison wasn’t it

in Lancashire

That you think there's a comparison suggests you do a bit more research..

That you think a pack of dogs tearing another animal apart is humane says much..

By *abioMan 19 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Andy…. Dear Andy… quick question for you?

Before you go down the mosque route and put your foot on a bomb I don’t think you really want to touch…

Do you know what the difference between halal and kosher meat actually is?

The answer….. it’s the prayer said after the animal is killed

That is the only difference between them

By *abioMan 19 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

If you want to condem something "barbaric" go and protest outside a Halal slaughterhouse,better still try your luck outside a mosque.

With your use of ""barbaric"", I'm going to wager you don't think it's actually barbaric. If you did, it'd like comparing apples and oranges - a relatively quick way for the animal to die to feed people Vs a torturous fatalistic sport in the name of pest control.

Btw do you know the difference between kosher and halal meat? I'm asking cos you chose "barbaric" halal. "

And this will teach me to read till the end of a thread damn.. spoiled the giveaway! Sorry Amalie

couple, us we him her.

Tally Ho !

golden fields

Excellent slide into some classic anti-Muslim sentiment.

Excellent slide into some classic anti-Muslim sentiment. "

Excellent slide into some typical unwarranted accusation of 'racism'

By *abioMan 19 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Excellent slide into some classic anti-Muslim sentiment.

Excellent slide into some typical unwarranted accusation of 'racism' "

Well…. To be fair it’s was either casual racism….or gross ignorance

And since he brought it to the conversation… which do you think it was?

Racism… or stupidity!

Peterborough

Btw do you know the difference between kosher and halal meat? I'm asking cos you chose "barbaric" halal.

And this will teach me to read till the end of a thread damn.. spoiled the giveaway! Sorry Amalie "

Apology accepted

By *astandFeistyCouple 19 weeks ago

Bournemouth

So now it's racist to think Halal slaughter is barbaric?

I'm losing track of what's racist and what isn't

By *otMe66Man 19 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Does anyone think the dispatching of animals by Halal or Kosher slaughter is humane?

Brighton

"Does anyone think the dispatching of animals by Halal or Kosher slaughter is humane? "

Nope it certainly isn’t. Cutting the jugular and letting the animal bleed to death is awful. In the UK producers of Halal and Kosher meet are required to stun the animal first.

Still not remotely a comparison to fox hunting. False equivalence.

Brighton

"Does anyone think the dispatching of animals by Halal or Kosher slaughter is humane?

Nope it certainly isn’t. Cutting the jugular and letting the animal bleed to death is awful. In the UK producers of Halal and Kosher meet are required to stun the animal first.

Still not remotely a comparison to fox hunting. False equivalence. "

*meat (obv)

Terra Firma

"Does anyone think the dispatching of animals by Halal or Kosher slaughter is humane?

Still not remotely a comparison to fox hunting. False equivalence. "

To you it might not be a comparison, but others will feel very differently.. In fact they could put all animal slaughter into the same heading of inhumane, whereas you are happier distinguish between slaughter methods as long as it complies with your morals.

By *abioMan 19 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"So now it's racist to think Halal slaughter is barbaric?

I'm losing track of what's racist and what isn't "

I think it was the fact he specifically has a go and linked it mosques.. probably being ignorant to not knowing that meat for Muslims and meat for Jewish people is produced in exactly the same way

So are we basing his quote on casual racism or abject ignorance and stupidity

Pick your poison…. Which one should we choose?

By *abioMan 19 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

To you it might not be a comparison, but others will feel very differently.. In fact they could put all animal slaughter into the same heading of inhumane, whereas you are happier distinguish between slaughter methods as long as it complies with your morals."

So now we are shifting the subject…. That’s an interesting defence to the post that shifted it in this direction!

So let’s ask a question… do you think the original statement that brought it this way is warranted?

Terra Firma

To you it might not be a comparison, but others will feel very differently.. In fact they could put all animal slaughter into the same heading of inhumane, whereas you are happier distinguish between slaughter methods as long as it complies with your morals.

So now we are shifting the subject…. That’s an interesting defence to the post that shifted it in this direction!

So let’s ask a question… do you think the original statement that brought it this way is warranted?

"

The poster who made those comments mentioned protesting about barbaric treatment of animals, protest at the slaughter house, or a mosque. Both places have a link to Halal, the slaughter of and consumption of, so a valid statement and not something I would call racist.

The question is should he have named all slaughter methods and their origins or hinted at the methods to pacify people looking to be offended? I'm pretty confident I will now have faux offended someone by trying to explain his words.

By *astandFeistyCouple 19 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"So now it's racist to think Halal slaughter is barbaric?

I'm losing track of what's racist and what isn't

I think it was the fact he specifically has a go and linked it mosques.. probably being ignorant to not knowing that meat for Muslims and meat for Jewish people is produced in exactly the same way

So are we basing his quote on casual racism or abject ignorance and stupidity

Pick your poison…. Which one should we choose? "

He did link halal to mosques and muslims, the link is legit.

What exactly does his comment have to do with Jews and Kosher?

I guarantee if he had said kosher and synagogue, there would have been no call of racism.

Peterborough

The poster who made those comments mentioned protesting about barbaric treatment of animals, protest at the slaughter house, or a mosque. Both places have a link to Halal, the slaughter of and consumption of, so a valid statement and not something I would call racist.

The question is should he have named all slaughter methods and their origins or hinted at the methods to pacify people looking to be offended? I'm pretty confident I will now have faux offended someone by trying to explain his words."

The poster hasn't returned with a response - so no point speculating whether it's racism or not.

Terra Firma

The question is should he have named all slaughter methods and their origins or hinted at the methods to pacify people looking to be offended? I'm pretty confident I will now have faux offended someone by trying to explain his words.

The poster hasn't returned with a response - so no point speculating whether it's racism or not."

I agree and hence my post, because posters here responded that it was racist...

It happens all the time in this forum, any chance at calling something racist and it is grabbed with the force of a scent hound hunting a fox, with the intention of ripping the poster to bits.

The question is should he have named all slaughter methods and their origins or hinted at the methods to pacify people looking to be offended? I'm pretty confident I will now have faux offended someone by trying to explain his words."

Yes but to err is human..

Anyway yes I would say not despatching an animal by the quickest means is needlessly cruel.. for any reason

Peterborough

The RSPCA has an article about animal slaughter. Although UK legislation insists on stunning the animal, halal and kosher preparation are exempt.

It takes sheep about 7 seconds to bleed out and cattle up to 40 seconds.

Brighton

"The RSPCA has an article about animal slaughter. Although UK legislation insists on stunning the animal, halal and kosher preparation are exempt.

It takes sheep about 7 seconds to bleed out and cattle up to 40 seconds."

Oh, I read that in the UK neither halal or kosher are exempt from first stunning the animal.

Brighton

To you it might not be a comparison, but others will feel very differently.. In fact they could put all animal slaughter into the same heading of inhumane, whereas you are happier distinguish between slaughter methods as long as it complies with your morals."

Do they? A vegan may argue killing an animal for food using any method is cruel but I would be interested to know whether they consider there to be different levels of cruelty.

I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering. Chasing a fox through the countryside with a pack of hounds and horse riders, prolonging the foxes’ terror then when captured letting it get ripped to pieces (while still alive) is demonstrably more cruel.

Terra Firma

Do they? A vegan may argue killing an animal for food using any method is cruel but I would be interested to know whether they consider there to be different levels of cruelty.

I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering. Chasing a fox through the countryside with a pack of hounds and horse riders, prolonging the foxes’ terror then when captured letting it get ripped to pieces (while still alive) is demonstrably more cruel."

You are arguing what you think is more acceptable again.

Cutting the throats of millions of animal and letting them bleed out, is less cruel than chasing a single number foxes until destroyed by hounds.

Both could and are seen as barbaric and there is no room for either in today’s society in my opinion.

Pershore

I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering. Chasing a fox through the countryside with a pack of hounds and horse riders, prolonging the foxes’ terror then when captured letting it get ripped to pieces (while still alive) is demonstrably more cruel."

I'm not sure I'd choose being constrained and having my throat slit over running free from a pack of dogs. Equally grim I'd have thought.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 19 weeks ago

Hastings

"Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment "

I do kind of like the compromise let them ride to keep the tradition but not with the dogs.

But would the anti hunt except that as a compromise.

To meny fox'S are a pain in the countryside and do need to be controlled but hunting is out dated.

Terra Firma

"Ride without dogs or further harm to animals and the environment

I do kind of like the compromise let them ride to keep the tradition but not with the dogs.

To meny fox'S are a pain in the countryside and do need to be controlled but hunting is out dated."

The fox hunt is a traditional thing, the culling of foxes goes on all year, especially around lambing season. 450K are shot each year I believe.

There isn’t a need to carry out the tradition, it serves little purpose other than to keep it going. The same can be said for Halal and Kosher slaughter, no need other than to keep a tradition alive.

Brighton

I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering. Chasing a fox through the countryside with a pack of hounds and horse riders, prolonging the foxes’ terror then when captured letting it get ripped to pieces (while still alive) is demonstrably more cruel.

Cutting the throats of millions of animal and letting them bleed out, is less cruel than chasing a single number foxes until destroyed by hounds.

Both could and are seen as barbaric and there is no room for either in today’s society in my opinion.

"

No because I said “I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering.”

Cutting the animal’s throat while conscious so it bleeds out is not the same as stunning it first.

Brighton

I'm not sure I'd choose being constrained and having my throat slit over running free from a pack of dogs. Equally grim I'd have thought."

Did people lose their ability to read over xmas? I clearly said “I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering”

Terra Firma

No because I said “I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering.”

Cutting the animal’s throat while conscious so it bleeds out is not the same as stunning it first."

Which again is your opinion. Do animals wait one at time out of earshot and sight of the stunning or the cutting of the throats?

My point here is simple, your opinion does not trump anyone other as they are on a sliding scale and the majority of people are hypocrites when it comes to such matters, putting their own emotional steer in the mix as they chow down on their meat of choice.

Pershore

[Removed by poster at 27/12/23 16:09:53]

Pershore

I'm not sure I'd choose being constrained and having my throat slit over running free from a pack of dogs. Equally grim I'd have thought.

Did people lose their ability to read over xmas? I clearly said “I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering”"

Yeah I see yr point on re-reading

By *oversfunCouple 19 weeks ago

ayrshire

I would pay good money to see the c_nts on the horses hunted and ripped apart by a pack of wolves

Terra Firma

Did people lose their ability to read over xmas? I clearly said “I would argue it is less cruel to stun an animal as it has no further suffering”

Yeah I see yr point on re-reading "

I'm not sure you have misread...

In this part of the conversation there is a clear comparison being made to fox hunting and halal and kosher slaughters.

Information has already been provided that halal and kosher slaughters do not require the animal to be stunned and can be verified on the Gov UK website, so I think your comment was good.

Brighton

In this part of the conversation there is a clear comparison being made to fox hunting and halal and kosher slaughters.

Information has already been provided that halal and kosher slaughters do not require the animal to be stunned and can be verified on the Gov UK website, so I think your comment was good.

"

No. I made a statement that was replied to. My statement stands as does my earlier statement further up the thread where I clearly said I thought halal and kosher slaughter was inhumane.

Arguing over opinions is rather silly because this entire thread is people’s opinions.

I think fox hunting is cruel and unnecessary.

I think halal and kosher slaughtering without stunning first is cruel and unnecessary.

But the poster who first brought up halal and suggesting protesting outside a mosque was just doing whataboutism. It changes nothing about fox hunting.

"

"

On this I agree 100%

Halal kosher and other forms of needless slow deaths are equally bad.

Foxhunting is actually illegal but selfish sadists think they're entitled to do it.

I'd welcome the same for halal and kosher being made illegal but there's always someone who "knows best"

Terra Firma

No. I made a statement that was replied to. My statement stands as does my earlier statement further up the thread where I clearly said I thought halal and kosher slaughter was inhumane.

Arguing over opinions is rather silly because this entire thread is people’s opinions.

I think halal and kosher slaughtering without stunning first is cruel and unnecessary.

But the poster who first brought up halal and suggesting protesting outside a mosque was just doing whataboutism. It changes nothing about fox hunting."

The poster who mentioned halal and mosques did so by calling out that it too was inhumane, many here jumped on the racist bandwagon, however reading these posts everyone is in agreement, it is inhumane.

If only people could stop pressing the nuclear button in the hope of a virtue signalling win, we could get some decent conversation going.

Terra Firma

"Halal kosher and other forms of needless slow deaths are equally bad.

Foxhunting is actually illegal but selfish sadists think they're entitled to do it.

I'd welcome the same for halal and kosher being made illegal but there's always someone who "knows best""

Brighton

But the poster who first brought up halal and suggesting protesting outside a mosque was just doing whataboutism. It changes nothing about fox hunting.

The poster who mentioned halal and mosques did so by calling out that it too was inhumane, many here jumped on the racist bandwagon, however reading these posts everyone is in agreement, it is inhumane.

If only people could stop pressing the nuclear button in the hope of a virtue signalling win, we could get some decent conversation going. "

The “R” word was not typed anywhere by me!

Terra Firma

If only people could stop pressing the nuclear button in the hope of a virtue signalling win, we could get some decent conversation going.

The “R” word was not typed anywhere by me!"

I see you too are suffering from the can't read after xmas bug

I said many here and if only people. If I was referring to you I would have said you

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 19 weeks ago

nearby

Indeed, give them a befitting end

Send them to Hamas.

Rotherham /newquay

"Bunch of twats who would shit themselves if they needed to face the same odds the fox had to. Wankers the lot of them. Totally unnecessary cruelty. Ban it.

Indeed, give them a befitting end

Send them to Hamas. "

do you not think the fox might have suffered enough

Brighton

The “R” word was not typed anywhere by me!

I see you too are suffering from the can't read after xmas bug

I said many here and if only people. If I was referring to you I would have said you "

I know but I was reiterating my position!

By *ornucopiaMan 19 weeks ago

Bexley

Is there a Boxing Day meet called the 'Whattock'?

I've only heard of the 'Berkely'.

By *oistvonlipwigMan 19 weeks ago

Lancaster

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class.."

My friend keeps horses. She works in the local chippy and I'm sure she'd be OK with me saying she's as common as muck, she's definitely and 100 percent working class.

You don't get out to the green much I guess.

in Lancashire

Fella, anyone who owns a horse and all that goes with it costs wise is not working class..

My friend keeps horses. She works in the local chippy and I'm sure she'd be OK with me saying she's as common as muck, she's definitely and 100 percent working class.

You don't get out to the green much I guess. "

No mate, this high rise takes so long to walk down it's time to climb back up..

The point is the poster is saying 'most' who attend the fox hunts are working class which is simply not the case..

Bexley

"

I've only heard of the 'Berkely'."

Sorry, correction. 'Berkeley'.

I should have realised it's not spelt similarly to James Cleverly.

By *oistvonlipwigMan 19 weeks ago

Lancaster

The point is the poster is saying 'most' who attend the fox hunts are working class which is simply not the case.."

I used to go fairly regularly when my dad was alive, and a great deal of them are. Most I attended were populated with folks who had to go back to work on a Monday.

Terra Firma

The point is the poster is saying 'most' who attend the fox hunts are working class which is simply not the case..

I used to go fairly regularly when my dad was alive, and a great deal of them are. Most I attended were populated with folks who had to go back to work on a Monday."

Which supports the fact it is a tradition and people do like a tradition no matter their social standing.

Times change and some if not all traditions will no longer be thought of as apt or prevalent to the time and they will lose appeal.

Fox hunting has got to that point

Rotherham /newquay

I used to go fairly regularly when my dad was alive, and a great deal of them are. Most I attended were populated with folks who had to go back to work on a Monday.

Which supports the fact it is a tradition and people do like a tradition no matter their social standing.

Times change and some if not all traditions will no longer be thought of as apt or prevalent to the time and they will lose appeal.

Fox hunting has got to that point"

some places yes I can see it even here but there is other things to hunt hares rabbits dear squirrels badgers pheasants grouse I sit on a Saturday and Sunday loads of youngsters walk past all kitted up lurchers terriers seems very popular im more clays on a Sunday now.

"The poster who mentioned halal and mosques did so by calling out that it too was inhumane, many here jumped on the racist bandwagon, however reading these posts everyone is in agreement, it is inhumane.

If only people could stop pressing the nuclear button in the hope of a virtue signalling win, we could get some decent conversation going. "

I fully agree, Mr. NotMe.....

The no.1 protagonist regarding mounting and riding roughshod the 'r*cist bandwagon' is conspicuous by their absence.....(!!)

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 19 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Is there a Boxing Day meet called the 'Whattock'?

I've only heard of the 'Berkely'."

I see what you did there.

By *luttyLaylaWoman 19 weeks ago

North West

I think it should be banned.

I know for a fact lots of local hunts still do it the old fashioned way but claim they don’t.

I’ve been a part of it previously ( as child and avid horse rider- never as an adult) and still have friends who do so. Still think it should be banned.

Pershore

"I think it should be banned.

I know for a fact lots of local hunts still do it the old fashioned way but claim they don’t.

I’ve been a part of it previously ( as child and avid horse rider- never as an adult) and still have friends who do so. Still think it should be banned. "

It is banned.

Pershore

It's a moot point whether fox hunting is any worse than animal welfare we take for granted. Take milk. A cow is forcibly impregnated, then withing hours of birth her calf is removed. She'll never see it again. But the cow is lactating, and the fluids taken twice a day for human consumption. Then when the milk stops the cycle is repeated until the poor animal is taken to the knackers yard. So is that cruel?

Brighton

"It's a moot point whether fox hunting is any worse than animal welfare we take for granted. Take milk. A cow is forcibly impregnated, then withing hours of birth her calf is removed. She'll never see it again. But the cow is lactating, and the fluids taken twice a day for human consumption. Then when the milk stops the cycle is repeated until the poor animal is taken to the knackers yard. So is that cruel?"

A moo point surely?

That aside, it isn’t moot. Just because other things that happen are, or could be, considered cruel, it doesn’t stop fox hunting from being cruel. In fact raising other examples is just whataboutism.

Pershore

"It's a moot point whether fox hunting is any worse than animal welfare we take for granted. Take milk. A cow is forcibly impregnated, then withing hours of birth her calf is removed. She'll never see it again. But the cow is lactating, and the fluids taken twice a day for human consumption. Then when the milk stops the cycle is repeated until the poor animal is taken to the knackers yard. So is that cruel?

A moo point surely?

That aside, it isn’t moot. Just because other things that happen are, or could be, considered cruel, it doesn’t stop fox hunting from being cruel. In fact raising other examples is just whataboutism."

What Bull

Seriously, you could dismiss my point as whataboutism, or equally is it an inconvenient truth?

Brighton

"It's a moot point whether fox hunting is any worse than animal welfare we take for granted. Take milk. A cow is forcibly impregnated, then withing hours of birth her calf is removed. She'll never see it again. But the cow is lactating, and the fluids taken twice a day for human consumption. Then when the milk stops the cycle is repeated until the poor animal is taken to the knackers yard. So is that cruel?

A moo point surely?

That aside, it isn’t moot. Just because other things that happen are, or could be, considered cruel, it doesn’t stop fox hunting from being cruel. In fact raising other examples is just whataboutism.

What Bull

Seriously, you could dismiss my point as whataboutism, or equally is it an inconvenient truth?"

Pull the udder one!

Definitely whataboutism as I don’t see the need to compare one cruel practice with another in an apparent effort to justify why it is ok.

As a completely separate subject, there is an interesting topic of discussion around food awareness. Most people have no idea, or would prefer not to know, how their food is produced.

Peterborough

"It's a moot point whether fox hunting is any worse than animal welfare we take for granted. Take milk. A cow is forcibly impregnated, then withing hours of birth her calf is removed. She'll never see it again. But the cow is lactating, and the fluids taken twice a day for human consumption. Then when the milk stops the cycle is repeated until the poor animal is taken to the knackers yard. So is that cruel?"

Very different debates and very different solutions. With animal produce there is a growing group of ethical vegans (who are trying to educate others). With the banned fox hunting, it's instigating law, and continuing protests.

couple, us we him her.

I have watched this thread with some amusement particularly my comments aimed at Toffs and the heated discussions that have followed.

It was meant as a light hearted quip with no intention other than to take the piss out of fox hunting.

People really do get far too serious very quickly.

Tally Ho.

By *archelCouple 19 weeks ago

A field somewhere

To meny fox'S are a pain in the countryside and do need to be controlled but hunting is out dated.

The fox hunt is a traditional thing, the culling of foxes goes on all year, especially around lambing season. 450K are shot each year I believe.

There isn’t a need to carry out the tradition, it serves little purpose other than to keep it going. The same can be said for Halal and Kosher slaughter, no need other than to keep a tradition alive."

10 of those foxes were shot on our land last year after our lambs were decimated by them during lambing season.

Terra Firma

There isn’t a need to carry out the tradition, it serves little purpose other than to keep it going. The same can be said for Halal and Kosher slaughter, no need other than to keep a tradition alive.

10 of those foxes were shot on our land last year after our lambs were decimated by them during lambing season."

I don't think many people know about the carnage foxes bring to farms, and how many are out there.

By *archelCouple 19 weeks ago

A field somewhere

Bore off. Hunts are drag hunts now...have been since 2004. Yes there's the odd ones who break the law...and rightfully get prosecuted. But the majority abide by the law as they don't want to lose our heritage. Hunted since I was a kid before and after the ban.

Sure as fuck ain't a hoorah Henry toff, working class to the core. Don't have fancy holidays or designer clothes like the 10 Bob millionaires of this world..money goes on my animals.

Tally ho, hunt supporter till I die.

Mrs M

Rotherham /newquay

"Bore off. Hunts are drag hunts now...have been since 2004. Yes there's the odd ones who break the law...and rightfully get prosecuted. But the majority abide by the law as they don't want to lose our heritage. Hunted since I was a kid before and after the ban.

Sure as fuck ain't a hoorah Henry toff, working class to the core. Don't have fancy holidays or designer clothes like the 10 Bob millionaires of this world..money goes on my animals.

Tally ho, hunt supporter till I die.

Mrs M "

good on you

Hastings

10 of those foxes were shot on our land last year after our lambs were decimated by them during lambing season."

Have to ask why do you not control the fox you self. As a farm dose some one not have a fire arm licence I use a 308.

Bexley

"

Have to ask why do you not control the fox you self. As a farm dose some one not have a fire arm licence I use a 308."

In someways, using a hunt to control foxes instead of shooting them is akin to using a cat to control mice instead of mousetraps, from the point of view of the victim being killed callously.

Hastings

"

Have to ask why do you not control the fox you self. As a farm dose some one not have a fire arm licence I use a 308.

In someways, using a hunt to control foxes instead of shooting them is akin to using a cat to control mice instead of mousetraps, from the point of view of the victim being killed callously.

"

The cat on a farm is still a good tool for rats and mice.

We don't alow the hunt on to the farm but I do shoot fox. To protect live stock. A head shot with a riffle is quick and clean.

By *usybee73Man 19 weeks ago

in the sticks

I'm in a semi rural area, and most of the foxes are living quite close to every day houses, see them most mornings. Though they live on all the dropped food, same as the rats ... if we tidied up, kept every thing safe, maybe ... just maybe vermin wouldn't be that much of a problem

It's easy to blame animals and nature rather then humans

Though do like basil brush and his adult humour

» Add a new message to this topic