FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > UK war with Russia

UK war with Russia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    16 weeks ago

Some Dutch admiral in NATO has said that the citizenry must be prepared for a major war with Russia, including mobilisation and conscription.

Similar calls in Sweden have led to more purchases of torches and battery powered radios, which doesn’t sound like very much.

NATO weapons stockpiles have been depleted by them being sent to Ukraine. And the West cannot produce replacement armaments fast enough. It’s difficult to see what the UK could produce in a hurry, unless it can be ordered from China.

But if there were conscription, would anyone bother turning up? What would they be fighting for exactly?

Maybe all immigrants to the UK should have to spend a year at the front line, to prove their commitment to their new “home” and gratitude. It might be a better deterrent than the Rwanda scheme.

How should we all prepare for the forthcoming Russian war?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oubleswing2019Man 16 weeks ago

Colchester

"

How should we all prepare for the forthcoming Russian war?"

Fuck more and worry less.

(And avoid click-bait threads from Trolls)

By *otMe66Man 16 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 19/01/24 08:24:46]

Terra Firma

First stage of the preparation is get a Russian flag and take to the streets in support of a nation that has been banished to the east by the west.

Stage 2, increase protests to target western embassies in London, starting with the US because that is 101 in the handbook. March on Downing street and threaten staff at McDonalds.

Stage 3. Make your presence known on social media by copying the latest trends, I would expect that would be sticking up posters on shops and street cabinets showing support for Putin.

Stage 4. Engage the LBGTQ community

Stage 5. Ask your boss the head teacher for time off to attend a rally and ask if the school children can attend too

Stage 6. Encourage a tie in with climate change activists, the carbon footprint of the west's resistance will be huge.

Stage 7. Learn "we welcome you' in Russian

Stage 8. Attack any counter thoughts or measures by opponents to the war, be ready by wearing masks and ensuring to pick on the weakest in the group en masse.

That should do it

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 16 weeks ago

Gilfach

"First stage of the preparation is get a Russian flag and take to the streets in support of a nation that has been banished to the east by the west."

They've sold out of Russian flags in my local Morrisons. Will a plain white flag do?

Terra Firma

"First stage of the preparation is get a Russian flag and take to the streets in support of a nation that has been banished to the east by the west.

They've sold out of Russian flags in my local Morrisons. Will a plain white flag do?"

By *otlovefun42Couple 16 weeks ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"First stage of the preparation is get a Russian flag and take to the streets in support of a nation that has been banished to the east by the west.

Stage 2, increase protests to target western embassies in London, starting with the US because that is 101 in the handbook. March on Downing street and threaten staff at McDonalds.

Stage 3. Make your presence known on social media by copying the latest trends, I would expect that would be sticking up posters on shops and street cabinets showing support for Putin.

Stage 5. Ask your boss the head teacher for time off to attend a rally and ask if the school children can attend too

Stage 6. Encourage a tie in with climate change activists, the carbon footprint of the west's resistance will be huge.

Stage 8. Attack any counter thoughts or measures by opponents to the war, be ready by wearing masks and ensuring to pick on the weakest in the group en masse.

That should do it

"

Nice one.

All good jokes have a hint of reality.

By *wisted999Man 16 weeks ago

North Bucks

That should do it

"

Did you get that off your local Labour councillor by any chance.

Terra Firma

That should do it

Did you get that off your local Labour councillor by any chance. "

How did you know that

By *otlovefun42Couple 16 weeks ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Seriously though.

We are living in very dangerous times and while I don't think war with Russia is certain, it is a distinct possibility.

I think a lot will depend on how it goes in Ukraine in the next year or so.

Should Putin make significant gains I think it will embolden him to strike elsewhere. Most likely in the Baltic states which would bring NATO into direct conflict.

If he continues to get bogged down in Ukraine then I just can't see him opening up another front. He just hasn't got the equipment or trained manpower to do it.

Besides I don't think he has enough support at home. Russian women are already making noises about wanting their sons and husbands home. With another front those noises could become outright hostility.

It feels to me like a mid 1930's moment and it could go either way. But we must learn from that time and prepare for the worst.

If not Russian troops could one day be marching up Whitehall. If there is a Whitehall left to march up.

By *irldnCouple 16 weeks ago

Brighton

Really!

I don’t think there will be war with Russia. Nobody is THAT stupid! Are they?

Saying that did anyone watch BBC2 at 9pm last night? Documentary about the Doomsday Clock now being set at 90 seconds to midnight (highest ever risk of nuclear war). Was nice a depressing, then wake up and see Rog’s post which was even more depressing!

One other thing...I may just be missing the joke but some posters seem to be implying the “left” are supporters of Russia? Why? Do you think Putin’s Russia is a left wing state?

Terra Firma

"Really!

Saying that did anyone watch BBC2 at 9pm last night? Documentary about the Doomsday Clock now being set at 90 seconds to midnight (highest ever risk of nuclear war). Was nice a depressing, then wake up and see Rog’s post which was even more depressing!

One other thing...I may just be missing the joke but some posters seem to be implying the “left” are supporters of Russia? Why? Do you think Putin’s Russia is a left wing state? "

Which part, the question if this was given to me by a labour councillor? That is the only mention of anything left.

Is there something I have missed that you are connecting the left to?

Brighton

"Really!

One other thing...I may just be missing the joke but some posters seem to be implying the “left” are supporters of Russia? Why? Do you think Putin’s Russia is a left wing state?

Which part, the question if this was given to me by a labour councillor? That is the only mention of anything left.

Is there something I have missed that you are connecting the left to?"

Aha plausible deniability! Like your style NotMe!

Yeah the Labour Councillor as that question demonstrates the person asking identified some of the actions in your list as being “left”

BTW not s reflection on the comedy element of your post which was

By *uddy laneMan 16 weeks ago

dudley

"Some Dutch admiral in NATO has said that the citizenry must be prepared for a major war with Russia, including mobilisation and conscription.

Similar calls in Sweden have led to more purchases of torches and battery powered radios, which doesn’t sound like very much.

NATO weapons stockpiles have been depleted by them being sent to Ukraine. And the West cannot produce replacement armaments fast enough. It’s difficult to see what the UK could produce in a hurry, unless it can be ordered from China.

But if there were conscription, would anyone bother turning up? What would they be fighting for exactly?

Maybe all immigrants to the UK should have to spend a year at the front line, to prove their commitment to their new “home” and gratitude. It might be a better deterrent than the Rwanda scheme.

Ask russia not to fly their nuclear bombers anywhere near great britain.

Brighton

"Some Dutch admiral in NATO has said that the citizenry must be prepared for a major war with Russia, including mobilisation and conscription.

Ask russia not to fly their nuclear bombers anywhere near great britain. "

That is so 1960s Buddy! It is the ICBMs that people would worry about now!

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 16 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Can you imagine how conscription would be received or even controlled given how the tiny police force we have responded to BLM riots? We dont know many folk prepared to go off an die for a country run by a political class that despises them.

dudley

That is so 1960s Buddy! It is the ICBMs that people would worry about now!"

The Russian federation regularly send supersonic nuclear bomber sorties towards the UK in a cat and mouse game with uk interceptors, also russia do the same with usa nuclear bombers over the baltic. Not to worry it would be over in a flash.

Terra Firma

"Not to worry it would be over in a flash. "

Don't forget the bang

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

"Can you imagine how conscription would be received or even controlled given how the tiny police force we have responded to BLM riots? We dont know many folk prepared to go off a die for a country run by a political class that despises them."

Quite right too. The battlefield is for trained soldiers, not unwilling conscripts.

By *estivalMan 16 weeks ago

borehamwood

Conscription yea good luck with that, times have moved on, not a lot of people are prepared to go off and fight in rich mens wars anymore, and anyway if nato went to war with russia if would all be over in a cpl of days any one left will have a nuclear wasteland all to themselves, just get a beer sit back and relax and wait for the mushroom cloud

Gilfach

"The Russian federation regularly send supersonic nuclear bomber sorties towards the UK in a cat and mouse game with uk interceptors, also russia do the same with usa nuclear bombers over the baltic."

There's no such thing as a nuclear bomber any more. Since the 70s, nuclear weapons could be made small enough to fit into any old bomber, meaning that there's no need for a fleet of special single-purpose planes.

Good luck conscripting the latest generation

dudley

"The Russian federation regularly send supersonic nuclear bomber sorties towards the UK in a cat and mouse game with uk interceptors, also russia do the same with usa nuclear bombers over the baltic.

There's no such thing as a nuclear bomber any more. Since the 70s, nuclear weapons could be made small enough to fit into any old bomber, meaning that there's no need for a fleet of special single-purpose planes."

Is that from the mod website.

Gilfach

"The Russian federation regularly send supersonic nuclear bomber sorties towards the UK in a cat and mouse game with uk interceptors, also russia do the same with usa nuclear bombers over the baltic."

"There's no such thing as a nuclear bomber any more. Since the 70s, nuclear weapons could be made small enough to fit into any old bomber, meaning that there's no need for a fleet of special single-purpose planes."

"Is that from the mod website."

Errrr, no. There is no MoD website. There's an MoD page on the government website, but it just links out to the individual forces' websites.

By *erry bull1Man 16 weeks ago

doncaster

I was in a nuclear missile when in the army it was a surface to surface system and the regiment was disbanded in 1990 , I don’t think the English army replaced it with any new missile system

Terra Firma

"I was in a nuclear missile when in the army it was a surface to surface system and the regiment was disbanded in 1990 , I don’t think the English army replaced it with any new missile system "

That sounds like a dangerous job, no wonder they were disbanded!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 16 weeks ago

nearby

Russia should have been removed from the global banking swift system, woke semiconductor made tougher, their diplomats and visa residents deported. Remove all foreign aid to African countries who openly support Russia, let Putin pay for their clean water and medicine.

By *oubleswing2019Man 16 weeks ago

Colchester

"Remove all foreign aid to African countries who openly support Russia, let Putin pay for their clean water and medicine. "

That's the problem. That then drives African countries with ever so tasty resources we wish to plunder directly in to the hands of Putin and you can be sure he would appease them because he wants their goodies too ! The Russians are already highly active in Africa and this would allow for deeper entrenchment.

It all comes down to this...who gets the goodies...us or someone else ? (i.e. our enemies).

We have to make the better offer. Because someone else will. And that will strengthen them.

By *eroy1000Man 16 weeks ago

milton keynes

They've sold out of Russian flags in my local Morrisons. Will a plain white flag do?"

Only if your French sorry could not resist

Gilfach

"Remove all foreign aid to African countries who openly support Russia, let Putin pay for their clean water and medicine."

So you're saying that we should give foreign aid to African countries to save their population from starvation and preventable illness. Unless they don't think the same way as us, in which case we'll just let them all die. Is that right?

The North sea shall defend our sceptered isle

By *ony 2016Man 16 weeks ago

Huddersfield /derby cinemas

That should do it

How did you know that "

More likely from friends of Boris

Terra Firma

That should do it

How did you know that

More likely from friends of Boris "

Friends of Boris who certainly influence the type of people that would carry out the above.

By *I TwoCouple 16 weeks ago

all around

"Russia should have been removed from the global banking swift system, woke semiconductor made tougher, their diplomats and visa residents deported. Remove all foreign aid to African countries who openly support Russia, let Putin pay for their clean water and medicine. "

That could have been written by the Donald lol

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 16 weeks ago

golden fields

"Russia should have been removed from the global banking swift system, woke semiconductor made tougher, their diplomats and visa residents deported. Remove all foreign aid to African countries who openly support Russia, let Putin pay for their clean water and medicine.

That could have been written by the Donald lol"

That made me chuckle

By *ust RachelTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Eastbourne

That is so 1960s Buddy! It is the ICBMs that people would worry about now!

The Russian federation regularly send supersonic nuclear bomber sorties towards the UK in a cat and mouse game with uk interceptors, also russia do the same with usa nuclear bombers over the baltic. Not to worry it would be over in a flash. "

You forgot to mention the RN ships shadowing russian naval ships, through the sea lanes off the south coast of the UK.

» Add a new message to this topic