FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Military Conscription 2

Military Conscription 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    14 weeks ago

Continuation from the first thread…

The last post was about “immigrants”.

What role should immigrants play in a general war mobilisation?

We are told that mass immigration is necessary as our population is getting older, the birth rate is too low, so we need “fresh blood” to replace us from overseas.

But surely the same must be said for conscription. One of the advantages of so many military age males arriving from overseas must be that they will provide the troops for any future war.

But how will they react to conscription? Will immigrants who arrived yesterday be willing to fight today? There doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for a general mobilisation from people who have more history in the UK, so why should we expect any commitment from new immigrants?

Will they even form part of any general mobilisation or will they be exempt?

Will we see a mass exodus of people whose only connection to the country is a financial one?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *melie LALWoman 14 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Continuation from the first thread…

The last post was about “immigrants”.

What role should immigrants play in a general war mobilisation?

We are told that mass immigration is necessary as our population is getting older, the birth rate is too low, so we need “fresh blood” to replace us from overseas.

But surely the same must be said for conscription. One of the advantages of so many military age males arriving from overseas must be that they will provide the troops for any future war.

But how will they react to conscription? Will immigrants who arrived yesterday be willing to fight today? There doesn’t seem to be much enthusiasm for a general mobilisation from people who have more history in the UK, so why should we expect any commitment from new immigrants?

Will they even form part of any general mobilisation or will they be exempt?

Will we see a mass exodus of people whose only connection to the country is a financial one?"

A better deterrent than Rwanda

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

Depends on the immigrants really

I know plenty if what I would consider economic migrants that would take up arms to defend this great nation.

That being said the numbers we are seeing now gives little incentive on their end to properly assimilate and figure out where they stand.I’d be fine if they chose pacifism but they don’t it morphs into it’s own ideology of entitlement.

General mobilisation would have to include everyone in this country with no exceptions.

Immigration cannot and never will sort out the birth rate problem.We need children bound to this nation and immigrants will not provide them in the proportions needed.Policy changes must be made to incentivise such things as well as examples to follow

Immigrants should be treated the same as any other legal citizen.

If they want to join the military, great. If they don’t? Also great.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 14 weeks ago

golden fields

"Immigrants should be treated the same as any other legal citizen.

If they want to join the military, great. If they don’t? Also great. "

Even if they're Muslim, or not white?

Even if they're Muslim, or not white?"

Yep. Even then. Treated as normal citizens. Crazy, I know!

Even if they're Muslim, or not white?"

I’m surprised you aren’t calling for a total exemption from conscription for immigrants.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 14 weeks ago

golden fields

Yep. Even then. Treated as normal citizens. Crazy, I know!"

Radical thinking.

Yep. Even then. Treated as normal citizens. Crazy, I know!

Radical thinking. "

I know, I’m just such a snowflake, woke lefty.

By *irldnCouple 14 weeks ago

Brighton

I’m surprised you aren’t calling for a total exemption from conscription for immigrants. "

Beginning to think you might have an agenda Rog

By *eroy1000Man 14 weeks ago

milton keynes

I’m surprised you aren’t calling for a total exemption from conscription for immigrants. "

I would assume they would not be eligible for conscription until they have had their claim accepted. It might also be the case that they will need to have gained full citizenship before being eligible.

I’m surprised you aren’t calling for a total exemption from conscription for immigrants.

Beginning to think you might have an agenda Rog "

I wonder if we will see a return to internment in the event of a world war against Russia, China, Iran?

Can we expect to see citizens of those countries expelled or interned?

The Rwanda thing is just absurd and doomed to fail. The government chose Rwanda because it’s such a shithole that it would be a deterrent to coming here but the legal problem they have now is to declare Rwanda a safe and decent place.

So far we’ve permanently accepted 4 Rwandan asylum seekers into the UK and they’ve accepted 3 Home Secretaries for a few days each.

Beginning to think you might have an agenda Rog

I wonder if we will see a return to internment in the event of a world war against Russia, China, Iran?

Can we expect to see citizens of those countries expelled or interned?"

We will have to do so yes

Those with dual nationality will have to chose a side or a form of agreed upon voluntary exile

Does anyone seriously think we’re in danger of war with Russia though? I don’t mean tech-war.

Does anyone legitimately believe we’ll reach the point of Russia aggressively striking against NATO?

Because I’ve got a bridge that I could do with selling…

By *otMe66Man 14 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 28/01/24 23:38:36]

We still talking about this? Surely 3 threads at 180 posts each is all that ever needs to be said about this subject?

By * Busty HotwifeCouple 14 weeks ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 30/01/24 03:16:52]

By * Busty HotwifeCouple 14 weeks ago

Bradford

"Does anyone seriously think we’re in danger of war with Russia though? I don’t mean tech-war.

Does anyone legitimately believe we’ll reach the point of Russia aggressively striking against NATO?

Because I’ve got a bridge that I could do with selling…"

Russia can’t even penetrate far into Ukraine, a country on its own border close to all its own logistics hubs. It’s navy is weak as is its Air Force. It’s all bluster. A handful of Himars changed the entire ground war, what possible chance does Russia think it might have against a mobilised NATO?

By *imon63Man 14 weeks ago

thanet

Imigrants from all sources should be notified. that they can be called up for national service as part of their acceptance to the uk..

National service should be re instated as soon as possible

world war three has already started Just ask Ukraine..

JFK junior explains on YouTub why the Ukraine and Russia war started I found it fascinating

thanet

We have had 80+ years since Britain /europe was at war

whatever gives you the Idea that it cant happen again

and Britain is drawn into a new conflict ..

We are already at war with Russia if you hadn't been reading the news Its called a war by proxy as we are sending weapons to Ukraine to kill Russians.

And you might need that bridge. to hide under ..

thanet

The UK has grown soft we Barely have an Army If a nuclear war started Britain would be a smoldering pile of ash inside an hour ...

"The UK has grown soft we Barely have an Army If a nuclear war started Britain would be a smoldering pile of ash inside an hour ..."

How would more troops stop that?

By *estivalMan 14 weeks ago

borehamwood

"The UK has grown soft we Barely have an Army If a nuclear war started Britain would be a smoldering pile of ash inside an hour ..."
if a nuclear war started most of the world would be a pile of ash, have as many troops as you like if one of those bad boys went off it wouldnt matter if you had 70 000 or 700 000 troops

"Does anyone seriously think we’re in danger of war with Russia though? I don’t mean tech-war.

Russia can’t even penetrate far into Ukraine, a country on its own border close to all its own logistics hubs. It’s navy is weak as is its Air Force. It’s all bluster. A handful of Himars changed the entire ground war, what possible chance does Russia think it might have against a mobilised NATO?"

Does Russia think it has any chance against NATO?

At the moment we have two Slavic countries involved in a long term border dispute in eastern Ukraine.

I’m not sure why anyone believes that automatically means that Russia might want to occupy Kent next.

Though I also do wonder why anyone thinks NATO would beat Russia. As much as Russia might be a bit stuck in Ukraine, so is the NATO supported Ukraine government. And if anything Russia has had the advantage there for some time.

"We have had 80+ years since Britain /europe was at war

We are already at war with Russia if you hadn't been reading the news Its called a war by proxy as we are sending weapons to Ukraine to kill Russians.

And you might need that bridge. to hide under .."

I don’t think anyone would rule out the possibility of war, it’s just that war now is not the same as war in the 20th century. Boots on the ground aren’t where the next war will be won.

I don’t think anyone would rule out the possibility of war, it’s just that war now is not the same as war in the 20th century. Boots on the ground aren’t where the next war will be won."

The infantry man will always be needed.Who else are they going to place all the equipment on?

By *irldnCouple 14 weeks ago

Brighton

Russia can’t even penetrate far into Ukraine, a country on its own border close to all its own logistics hubs. It’s navy is weak as is its Air Force. It’s all bluster. A handful of Himars changed the entire ground war, what possible chance does Russia think it might have against a mobilised NATO?

Does Russia think it has any chance against NATO?

At the moment we have two Slavic countries involved in a long term border dispute in eastern Ukraine.

I’m not sure why anyone believes that automatically means that Russia might want to occupy Kent next.

Though I also do wonder why anyone thinks NATO would beat Russia. As much as Russia might be a bit stuck in Ukraine, so is the NATO supported Ukraine government. And if anything Russia has had the advantage there for some time."

Even the Russians wouldn’t want to be stuck in Kent

(Total joke, love parts of Kent)

I don’t think anyone would rule out the possibility of war, it’s just that war now is not the same as war in the 20th century. Boots on the ground aren’t where the next war will be won.

The infantry man will always be needed.Who else are they going to place all the equipment on?"

More damage can be done by destroying a satellite than a by sending in a whole battalion of men.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 14 weeks ago

in Lancashire

The infantry man will always be needed.Who else are they going to place all the equipment on?

More damage can be done by destroying a satellite than a by sending in a whole battalion of men. "

Agreed, but whilst tech continues to provide options and challenges any ground taken can only be held properly by troops..

» Add a new message to this topic