FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Border Target Operating Model (BTOM)

Border Target Operating Model (BTOM)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple 14 weeks ago

North West

So the thing that the Brexit architects said would never, ever happen - starts tomorrow.

What do we now think of people who said that there would be no need for border checks and non-tariff barriers? Those who said that border bureaucracy would be less after Brexit and no goods would be held up by unnecessary paperwork?

Paperwork declarations start tomorrow, physical inspections will follow in April and then security declarations will be added to the whole pile of pointlessness in October.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"So the thing that the Brexit architects said would never, ever happen - starts tomorrow.

What do we now think of people who said that there would be no need for border checks and non-tariff barriers? Those who said that border bureaucracy would be less after Brexit and no goods would be held up by unnecessary paperwork?

Paperwork declarations start tomorrow, physical inspections will follow in April and then security declarations will be added to the whole pile of pointlessness in October."

I suspect we’ll see no significant change or delays between now and April. That’s where the fun is likely to begin.

By *abtasticsbackMan 14 weeks ago

manchester

"So the thing that the Brexit architects said would never, ever happen - starts tomorrow.

Paperwork declarations start tomorrow, physical inspections will follow in April and then security declarations will be added to the whole pile of pointlessness in October."

Ah, so much winning

By *uddy laneMan 14 weeks ago

dudley

bunch of lying *unts.

It was perfectly obvious to everyone with a functioning brain in 2016 that Brexit would lead to physical border checks being required - that was why the Irish border was such a hot topic.

By *oo hot OP   Couple 14 weeks ago

North West

"It was perfectly obvious to everyone with a functioning brain in 2016 that Brexit would lead to physical border checks being required - that was why the Irish border was such a hot topic.

"

Plenty on here and elsewhere parroted the Mogg’s bullshit assurances that there wouldn’t be.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 14 weeks ago

in Lancashire

There's definitely a O missing after the initial letter..

Would sum the whole mess up..

"It was perfectly obvious to everyone with a functioning brain in 2016 that Brexit would lead to physical border checks being required - that was why the Irish border was such a hot topic.

Plenty on here and elsewhere parroted the Mogg’s bullshit assurances that there wouldn’t be."

I doubt Mogg could find NI on a map.Well I doubt most of Parliament could or anyone in the leave.eu campaign

That safe seat parachute irks me

By *eroy1000Man 14 weeks ago

milton keynes

Is this the beginning of EU suppliers refusing to sell their goods into the UK due to the extra hurdles they will have to jump

By *ermbiMan 14 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

"

The Irish Government knew what was coming so fought against checks at the land border. Its a pity people in Britain didn't take more notice to this. Instead some newspapers vilified the Irish Prime Minister for his stance and portrayed him as the enemy. Smarter folk than those misleading politicians and 'journalists'. Anyway careful what you wish for! Looks like its too late!

The Irish Government knew what was coming so fought against checks at the land border. It’s a pity people in Britain didn't take more notice to this. Instead some newspapers vilified the Irish Prime Minister for his stance and portrayed him as the enemy. Smarter folk than those misleading politicians and 'journalists'. Anyway careful what you wish for! Looks like it’s too late!"

What newspapers did this? Don’t deny there were some folks here who I doubt could point to Ireland on a map though

Too late for what exactly the issue is pretty much been resolved.Though more through bumbling to what was likely to happen anyway

Ballyshannon

The Irish Government knew what was coming so fought against checks at the land border. It’s a pity people in Britain didn't take more notice to this. Instead some newspapers vilified the Irish Prime Minister for his stance and portrayed him as the enemy. Smarter folk than those misleading politicians and 'journalists'. Anyway careful what you wish for! Looks like it’s too late!

What newspapers did this? Don’t deny there were some folks here who I doubt could point to Ireland on a map though

Too late for what exactly the issue is pretty much been resolved.Though more through bumbling to what was likely to happen anyway"

Two rags called the Daily Telegraph and The Sun

The Irish Government knew what was coming so fought against checks at the land border. It’s a pity people in Britain didn't take more notice to this. Instead some newspapers vilified the Irish Prime Minister for his stance and portrayed him as the enemy. Smarter folk than those misleading politicians and 'journalists'. Anyway careful what you wish for! Looks like it’s too late!

Too late for what exactly the issue is pretty much been resolved.Though more through bumbling to what was likely to happen anyway

Two rags called the Daily Telegraph and The Sun"

I think you may be mistaken in the case of the Sun but the telegraph I can absolutely believe.

Ballyshannon

I think you may be mistaken in the case of the Sun but the telegraph I can absolutely believe.

"

Not the actual article but enough:

https://www.thejournal.ie/varadkar-brexit-sun-3704287-Nov2017/?utm_source=shortlink

Not the actual article but enough:

https://www.thejournal.ie/varadkar-brexit-sun-3704287-Nov2017/?utm_source=shortlink"

No it appears you were not mistaken it was much worse than I could have imagined.

» Add a new message to this topic