FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Lawyer sued

Lawyer sued

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *I Two OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

all around

After saying only women have periods !

Can't read the entire article as it's behind a paywall in the Times and I have no intention of paying to read what is probably sensationalist bullshit but makes you wonder, can men or people who identify as whatever have periods if they weren't originally women.

Wtf is happening in the screwed up world

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uddy laneMan 7 weeks ago

dudley

"After saying only women have periods !

Can't read the entire article as it's behind a paywall in the Times and I have no intention of paying to read what is probably sensationalist bullshit but makes you wonder, can men or people who identify as whatever have periods if they weren't originally women.

Wtf is happening in the screwed up world"

The end of civilisation, the history books explain how it happens and why.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

It just reinforces that the unelected folks in government need dragging out and put in public stocks to have spoiled cabbages and rotten eggs thrown at them.

By *exy_HornyCouple 7 weeks ago

Leigh

Look forward to more bullshit like this if (when) Labour get into power.

By *melie LALWoman 7 weeks ago

Peterborough

Apart from biological anomalies, only women do have periods (menses). If some one who was born female identifies as male and doesn't seek to change the byproducts of being female, they shouldn't be upset if called a woman. Same with pregnancy. A uterus is synonymous with being female.

I'd still respect them to call them by their chosen pronoun, but I might blurt out a question or two.

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Identifying as a woman does not make a person a female.

The nuance is woman and female in these arguments, refer to female and it levels the field

By *ortyairCouple 7 weeks ago

Wallasey

The nuance is woman and female in these arguments, refer to female and it levels the field "

I disagree, I'm a woman, I have feminine biology, which makes me a woman.

Guys can be feminine but cannot be a woman.

Mrs x

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

The nuance is woman and female in these arguments, refer to female and it levels the field "

That feels like very much a semantics argument. For the vast majority of people woman = female

By *verysmileMan 7 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

Didn't Ricky Gervais say something about identifying traditional women as "You know, the ones with wombs"?

dudley

The only strong alpha women I see in the face and space of women are weak beta men who put on a frock.

all around

With a bit of luck the judge will have a good laugh and make the plaintiff pay court costs

Terra Firma

The nuance is woman and female in these arguments, refer to female and it levels the field

That feels like very much a semantics argument. For the vast majority of people woman = female"

You are correct it is a semantic argument, that is how the rules have been changed.

Society has has failed to address the semantics and here we are.

Peterborough

That feels like very much a semantics argument. For the vast majority of people woman = female"

A girl = a female child, a woman = an adult female

Terra Firma

That feels like very much a semantics argument. For the vast majority of people woman = female

A girl = a female child, a woman = an adult female"

Therefore we can't have man = woman, can we?

By *igNick1381Man 7 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

But ask someone to define what a woman is and you're a far right extremist

You lot better toe the line

Trans women ARE woman and if they say they're having a period you better not question it you Nazis

Just remember, 2+2 is 5 Winston

Peterborough

Therefore we can't have man = woman, can we?"

No but a man can become a transwoman

Peterborough

"But ask someone to define what a woman is and you're a far right extremist

You lot better toe the line

Trans women ARE woman and if they say they're having a period you better not question it you Nazis

Just remember, 2+2 is 5 Winston "

A transwoman can bleed but cannot menstruate

By *irldnCouple 7 weeks ago

Brighton

A woman is a woman

A female is a female

A transwoman is a transwoman

Terra Firma

"A woman is a woman

A female is a female

A transwoman is a transwoman"

The lawyer shouldn’t have anything to worry about then?

By *AFKA HovisMan 7 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

It looks like she's not being sued just because of this. She is a chairwomen of a civil service network that represents staff with gender-critical views. I suspect there may be more to it (could be wrong). The article feels like it's come from the lawyers side only. Probs need more details before taking a view.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

so girls can't have periods?

By *oversfunCouple 7 weeks ago

ayrshire

The end of civilisation, the history books explain how it happens and why. "

What history books?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 7 weeks ago

Gilfach

"so girls can't have periods?"

That's a very dangerous road to go down. It might lead to people suggesting that anyone that does have periods must be a woman, and therefore not a child, even though they are only 13.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

so girls can't have periods?

That's a very dangerous road to go down. It might lead to people suggesting that anyone that does have periods must be a woman, and therefore not a child, even though they are only 13."

you saw my not so subtle trap.

(Trap, not defence m'laud)

all around

So going back to the original bit, she can be sued as she incorrectly stated only woman can have periods when in fact girls can too.

Sorted

dudley

What history books?"

Usually you have to look for yourself, erm, the Grecian, roman, Mongolian, aztec, maya, inca, that should keep you busy.

dudley

What history books?

Usually you have to look for yourself, erm, the Grecian, roman, Mongolian, aztec, maya, inca, that should keep you busy. "

Just search the end of the 'insert' civilisation.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 7 weeks ago

Gilfach

"So going back to the original bit, she can be sued as she incorrectly stated only woman can have periods when in fact girls can too."

You can't be sued for being incorrect (or at least, such a case would be doomed to failure).

But the lawyer in the original post is being sued for creating a hostile atmosphere by chairing a gender-critical group. This case is also doomed to failure, as the courts have already ruled that a gender-critical view is a protected belief.

all around

"So going back to the original bit, she can be sued as she incorrectly stated only woman can have periods when in fact girls can too.

You can't be sued for being incorrect (or at least, such a case would be doomed to failure).

But the lawyer in the original post is being sued for creating a hostile atmosphere by chairing a gender-critical group. This case is also doomed to failure, as the courts have already ruled that a gender-critical view is a protected belief."

It was meant to be funny lol

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

I choose to live as a woman, if someone calls me or him then thats ok, their choice. I dont use sanitary pads, maybe post op trans do . It's all getting out of hand when Posie Parker types get so fired up .

Peterborough

so girls can't have periods?"

Who said they cannot? I was a child when I began menstruating.

» Add a new message to this topic