FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > French use non-approved tactics

French use non-approved tactics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *deepdive OP   Man 7 weeks ago

France / Birmingham

To stop migrants leaving for the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/23/uk-funding-french-migrants-small-boat-border-forces?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

This is a surprise - now the French are being criticised for the aggressive methods they are using to stop migrants leaving their waters and heading for the UK.

They appear to be risking migrants lives by drowning as well as, by using pepper spray, risking that someone has an allergy.

On the one hand the press criticise them for not doing enough then, they criticise them for being too heavy handed.

What do the media actually want them to do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wosmilersCouple 7 weeks ago

Heathrowish

[Removed by poster at 23/03/24 18:06:56]

Heathrowish

What is rarely reported here is the great efforts that the French go to in trying to stop crossings and the frequent use of violence that the traffickers resort to in battling against the French law enforcement community.

Often the migrants are encouraged to battle physically as they often outnumber the French,hence they resort to the use of pepper spray. The tactics used by the French revolve around stopping the boats reaching the beach or if that fails, to slash these RHIBs before they set to sea.

It is difficult as every beach stretching for 30 miles would require hundreds of staff to secure and patrol.

By *uddy laneMan 7 weeks ago

dudley

"To stop migrants leaving for the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/23/uk-funding-french-migrants-small-boat-border-forces?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

This is a surprise - now the French are being criticised for the aggressive methods they are using to stop migrants leaving their waters and heading for the UK.

They appear to be risking migrants lives by drowning as well as, by using pepper spray, risking that someone has an allergy.

On the one hand the press criticise them for not doing enough then, they criticise them for being too heavy handed.

What do the media actually want them to do?

"

The media push a narrative of confusion.

By *andu66Couple 7 weeks ago

South Devon

"What is rarely reported here is the great efforts that the French go to in trying to stop crossings and the frequent use of violence that the traffickers resort to in battling against the French law enforcement community.

Often the migrants are encouraged to battle physically as they often outnumber the French,hence they resort to the use of pepper spray. The tactics used by the French revolve around stopping the boats reaching the beach or if that fails, to slash these RHIBs before they set to sea.

It is difficult as every beach stretching for 30 miles would require hundreds of staff to secure and patrol."

Absolute dog whistling rubbish

dudley

"What is rarely reported here is the great efforts that the French go to in trying to stop crossings and the frequent use of violence that the traffickers resort to in battling against the French law enforcement community.

It is difficult as every beach stretching for 30 miles would require hundreds of staff to secure and patrol.

Absolute dog whistling rubbish "

I can guarantee it would not be allowed to happen in the uk, smugglers smuggling people to the isle of man from anglesey or blackpool beach, not a chance.

Heathrowish

I can guarantee it would not be allowed to happen in the uk, smugglers smuggling people to the isle of man from anglesey or blackpool beach, not a chance."

The whole of the coast would be secure? I sense a hint of irony in your post.

dudley

I can guarantee it would not be allowed to happen in the uk, smugglers smuggling people to the isle of man from anglesey or blackpool beach, not a chance.

The whole of the coast would be secure? I sense a hint of irony in your post."

Are you saying it would be allowed to happen and the isle of man coast guard picking them up half way across the Irish sea.?

Heathrowish

I am saying that we don't have the manpower or infrastructure to stop it in the circumstances that you are describing.

Or are you claiming that we do?

Heathrowish

.....and that the IOM Coastguard don't actually have any sea going vessels.

But I suppose that you knew that when you posted your contribution

dudley

".....and that the IOM Coastguard don't actually have any sea going vessels.

But I suppose that you knew that when you posted your contribution "

The manx coastguard do have sea going vessels. duh.

dudley

"I am saying that we don't have the manpower or infrastructure to stop it in the circumstances that you are describing.

Or are you claiming that we do?"

the migrants trying to get back to france are soon bought back.

Heathrowish

The manx coastguard do have sea going vessels. duh. "

RHIBS not large enough to do the job you are describing....they are more of a coastal watch organisation "Duh"

dudley

RHIBS not large enough to do the job you are describing....they are more of a coastal watch organisation "Duh""

So they do have sea going vessels, duh, contribute you haven't.

Heathrowish

RHIBS not large enough to do the job you are describing....they are more of a coastal watch organisation "Duh"

So they do have sea going vessels, duh, contribute you haven't."

3 person RHIBS.... for inshore work.

Try looking it up.....even Wikipedia has a simple explanation.

dudley

"

I don't need to look it up, I see them on patrol when I go to the tt.

Heathrowish

"

That's our RNLI....Next time look more closely.

dudley

That's our RNLI....Next time look more closely."

So they do have sea going vessels then.

Heathrowish

Your quote

The reality....no they don't. The RHIBS are for inshore work only.

Your quote....not mine.

Do you understand that the RNLI is not a Manx organisation?

dudley

"Your quote

The reality....no they don't. The RHIBS are for inshore work only.

Your quote....not mine.

Do you understand that the RNLI is not a Manx organisation?"

They travel on the sea so they are sea going vessels regardless of the size. You must be fun at parties.

Heathrowish

You would really risk volunteers lives by sending inshore craft onto the high seas just to suit your argument?

And how many personnel do you think are needed to fulfil your fantasy?

And what qualifications do you have to judge the seaworthy nature of inshore RHIBs?

And if you want to get personal about being fun at parties, here'smy counter....well perhaps I am fun and you are not, Mr No Veris

dudley

"You would really risk volunteers lives by sending inshore craft onto the high seas just to suit your argument?

And what qualifications do you have to judge the seaworthy nature of inshore RHIBs?

And if you want to get personal about being fun at parties, here'smy counter....well perhaps I am fun and you are not, Mr No Veris "

So childish, just because I don't show or accept veris does not mean I have not had any, i bet you measure the other hubby winky to make sure it is what is advertised.

By *verysmileMan 7 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

I am very interested in this having maritime experience. Someone clearly lives in some sort of fantasy world.

We would need hundreds of people patrolling our NW coast, several vessels and the Manx authorities would require some suitable seagoing vessels (which they do not possess) to meet the proposition.

Dudley must be about as far from the sea as anywhere and so is the argument.pmsl

Heathrowish

"You would really risk volunteers lives by sending inshore craft onto the high seas just to suit your argument?

And if you want to get personal about being fun at parties, here'smy counter....well perhaps I am fun and you are not, Mr No Veris

So childish, just because I don't show or accept veris does not mean I have not had any, i bet you measure the other hubby winky to make sure it is what is advertised."

You started it with an attempt at a personal insult. I thought that I would bring the argument down to your level.

dudley

"I am very interested in this having maritime experience. Someone clearly lives in some sort of fantasy world.

We would need hundreds of people patrolling our NW coast, several vessels and the Manx authorities would require some suitable seagoing vessels (which they do not possess) to meet the proposition.

Dudley must be about as far from the sea as anywhere and so is the argument.pmsl"

Who said anything about maritime experience, a sea going vessel is a sea going vessel, even a cut 'canal' barge could be a sea going vessel.

dudley

So childish, just because I don't show or accept veris does not mean I have not had any, i bet you measure the other hubby winky to make sure it is what is advertised.

You started it with an attempt at a personal insult. I thought that I would bring the argument down to your level."

Don't cry baby.

CANTERBURY

"I am very interested in this having maritime experience. Someone clearly lives in some sort of fantasy world.

Dudley must be about as far from the sea as anywhere and so is the argument.pmsl

Who said anything about maritime experience, a sea going vessel is a sea going vessel, even a cut 'canal' barge could be a sea going vessel. "

In respect of non private craft, .....no it cannot without the correct permits in place.

Or is that something else that you clearly aren't aware of?

Heathrowish

You started it with an attempt at a personal insult. I thought that I would bring the argument down to your level.

Don't cry baby."

Boo hoo.....

dudley

Who said anything about maritime experience, a sea going vessel is a sea going vessel, even a cut 'canal' barge could be a sea going vessel.

In respect of non private craft, .....no it cannot without the correct permits in place.

Or is that something else that you clearly aren't aware of?"

From the cut to the river then to the sea all without stopping for a cup of tea.

CANTERBURY

From the cut to the river then to the sea all without stopping for a cup of tea."

I take it that you weren't aware then?

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 7 weeks ago

Hastings

Or is that something else that you clearly aren't aware of?"

So do the small boats coming to the UK have the correct permit if not there not see going vessels so how do they get hear.

By *verysmileMan 6 weeks ago

CANTERBURY

So do the small boats coming to the UK have the correct permit if not there not see going vessels so how do they get hear."

You may have gotten the wrong end of the stick here. The gentleman from Dudley appears to consider that any dinghy or other craft is fit for open seas and should be used as a rescue craft by the Manx authorities.

The point is that rescue craft and patrol craft need correct certification.

The small boats coming here are often 'cut and shut' jobs, dangerous for anyone to use but there isn't an assertion that these craft should be licenced.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 6 weeks ago

Hastings

So do the small boats coming to the UK have the correct permit if not there not see going vessels so how do they get hear.

You may have gotten the wrong end of the stick here. The gentleman from Dudley appears to consider that any dinghy or other craft is fit for open seas and should be used as a rescue craft by the Manx authorities.

The small boats coming here are often 'cut and shut' jobs, dangerous for anyone to use but there isn't an assertion that these craft should be licenced.

"

If I was drowning I don't think I'd stop and ask the skiper can I see the permit of your rescue craft I'd just want to get out the fucking cold water..

By *andu66Couple 6 weeks ago

South Devon

I'd be a bit disappointed if I arrived in the IOM. hopefully their coastguard would point me in the right direction to mainland UK.

By *wosmilersCouple 6 weeks ago

Heathrowish

If I was drowning I don't think I'd stop and ask the skiper can I see the permit of your rescue craft I'd just want to get out the fucking cold water.."

The point is that there won't be a "skiper" or skipper because the Manx don't operate rescue craft capable of deep sea operations.

The example that is quoted uses a false premise because the authorities do not have the infrastructure in place.

By *otMe66Man 6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"I'd be a bit disappointed if I arrived in the IOM. hopefully their coastguard would point me in the right direction to mainland UK. "

By *JB1954Man 6 weeks ago

Reading

I have not been out at sea for several years. I used to go out in ‘fishing charter boats’ . My nephew and brother owned one each. I mainly went out in nephews . It had to be insured to carry ‘fare paying passengers’. Plus he had to pass certification. I was insured to ‘drive ‘ his boat and others. If I had done another year had to pass certification or could not take any boat out even if insured person on boat.

Yes anyone in UK can take out a boat if I am correct less than 80 ft without a licence. Above this needs ‘ captains ‘ ? Certification .

Just recently there was prosecution for taking out a boat illegally and loss of life in a sib type boat .

The point is apart from not using sea worthy boats . ( I am saying ocean going with all safety features fitted or onboard. ) People will be at extreme risk.

Yes I have been out and in boat with all safety equipment etc. Rope caught up in prop-shaft and had to be towed in from near mid channel . This in very sea worth boat

» Add a new message to this topic