FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Marjorie Taylor Greene. 'Repent Repent . . . or . . .

Marjorie Taylor Greene. 'Repent Repent . . . or . . .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

""" On Monday, an estimated 31.6 million people across America will be in the path of the biggest solar eclipse since 2017.

Scientists will be able to study its effects on layers of the atmosphere, but according to conspiracy theorists, it could also be the end of days.

The internet is running wild with some outlandish claims.

Signs from God

Republican congresswoman Majorie Taylor Greene says she thinks it is a sign from God that America needs to repent its sins. """

She also added this morning that the 'Earthquake in NYC is a sign from God!!'

Would we stand for this in the UK? I mean, we have our own conspiracists, but at this level?

And don't even me get started on Alex Jones and his interview with Meyer and his 'The Globalists are meeting up to concentrate their negative energy using the Total Eclipse theory'.

But what's gets me is how stupid they all don't appear to see themselves when the World is actually still here the day after.

Mind you, I suppose that you can tell a child that a fire is hot, but until it burns its finger for the first time . . .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 weeks ago

golden fields

"""" On Monday, an estimated 31.6 million people across America will be in the path of the biggest solar eclipse since 2017.

Scientists will be able to study its effects on layers of the atmosphere, but according to conspiracy theorists, it could also be the end of days.

Signs from God

Republican congresswoman Majorie Taylor Greene says she thinks it is a sign from God that America needs to repent its sins. """

Would we stand for this in the UK? I mean, we have our own conspiracists, but at this level?

And don't even me get started on Alex Jones and his interview with Meyer and his 'The Globalists are meeting up to concentrate their negative energy using the Total Eclipse theory'.

But what's gets me is how stupid they all don't appear to see themselves when the World is actually still here the day after.

Mind you, I suppose that you can tell a child that a fire is hot, but until it burns its finger for the first time . . .

"

We're not quite at this level. But if any Reform candidates get elected, we'll be pretty close.

By *irldnCouple 4 weeks ago

Brighton

Didn’t even know who she was until this. Looked her up. What a nutter!

By *estivalMan 4 weeks ago

borehamwood

Cant say im surprised the country is full of either religious nut jobs or those who think the goverment should wipe there arse for them, nearly 400 million people there and there all fucking morons

golden fields

Did the world end, or did the woke loony left cancel the whole thing?

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she has some fans on the forums.

golden fields

"I wouldn’t be at all surprised if she has some fans on the forums."

A bit too moderate for some of the folks on here.

By *otMe66Man 4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"Cant say im surprised the country is full of either religious nut jobs or those who think the goverment should wipe there arse for them, nearly 400 million people there and there all fucking morons"

I don’t see what you see of the US.

I think it is an amazing country, the people are diverse from state to state and the land too.

Great country

The World hasn't Ended? WTF is going on?

Someone put in a call to Republican Head Office.

'Hello? Is Marjorie there?'

In NEW crazy Republican News

"Donald Trump has said he believes abortion laws should be left to individual states to decide on - before falsely claiming Democrats support the "execution" of babies after their birth."

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"""" On Monday, an estimated 31.6 million people across America will be in the path of the biggest solar eclipse since 2017.

Signs from God

"

All you need to know about MTG are 3 words

Jewish space lasers….

And I don’t kid!!!

By *ikeSM23Man 4 weeks ago

Manchester

MTG is pure batshit crazy ….. she licks trump’s arse with a passion you wouldn’t believe and it seems is positioning herself for his Vice if he gets a second term.

Jewish space lasers are just one of many biblical wildcards she has played! Oh, and when challenged by Emily Maitlis recently she ended by telling Emily to ‘fuck off’.

US politics 10 years more extreme than UK, but we’re getting there.

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"In NEW crazy Republican News

"Donald Trump has said he believes abortion laws should be left to individual states to decide on - before falsely claiming Democrats support the "execution" of babies after their birth."

"

The problem trump has is that he takes a victory lap on putting on the SCOTUS judges to get rid of Roe versus wade… but has seen it’s a poison pill in that it’s so unpopular so fudges it by saying it’s a state decision

Whenever it’s on the ballot in a state the pro choice side has won even in deep red republican states… which is why republicans legislatures are desperate to keep it off the ballot in November…

By *irldnCouple 4 weeks ago

Brighton

There’s always been nutters (and comedians) in British politics too, but until Johnson and Truss they never got elected. It was funny to see Screaming Lord Sutch or Dustbins in By Elections getting their 300 votes.

Seems that in the USA many people simply don’t understand satire and vote in these utter wankers!

By *estivalMan 4 weeks ago

borehamwood

"Cant say im surprised the country is full of either religious nut jobs or those who think the goverment should wipe there arse for them, nearly 400 million people there and there all fucking morons

I don’t see what you see of the US.

I think it is an amazing country, the people are diverse from state to state and the land too.

Great country "

really, so the vote in trump for a start then top that by voting in a senile old fucker and u dont think its a country of morons lol alrighty then

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

"There’s always been nutters (and comedians) in British politics too, but until Johnson and Truss they never got elected. It was funny to see Screaming Lord Sutch or Dustbins in By Elections getting their 300 votes.

Seems that in the USA many people simply don’t understand satire and vote in these utter wankers!"

I think it’s more like people thinking that they want someone like them in power, without realising that they are in fact a fucking idiot.

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"In NEW crazy Republican News

"

Let me give you two examples of why the “leave it to individual states” lines don’t work.. and why trump will continue to be asked

1) trump lives in Florida… in Florida they originally had proposed a 15 week abortion ban… then when roe was overturned, the Florida majority Republican legislators decided under pressure from governor Ron desantis, decided to lower it from 15 weeks to 6 weeks

Deeply unpopular with most Florida residents, governors with most legal bills that they are proud of and popular normally have some sort signing ceremony to declare it going into law….. desantis signed this one under cover of darkness and would not talk about what he was doing in his own state through his presidential campaign!

It’s actually up for vote on the presidential ballot in November… trump has not said whether he will vote for or against!

2) in Arizona just yesterday the states Supreme Court decided that because roe was overturned, a 2022 state bill limiting abortion to 15 weeks was null and void because it was tied in essence to roe… so the abortion law that now goes into effect dates back to an abortion law passed in 1864… yep! 1864!

Basically a total ban with the one exception where the life of the mother is in danger ( but that will have be defined) and anyone helping provide an abortion can be jailed for a period between 2 and 5 years! ….

And with that.. Arizona became the strictest state in the entire country!

Again… looks like the people will get to decide in November… and Arizona not only has the presidential race on that ballot, but the senate race as well

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 4 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Let me give you two examples of why the “leave it to individual states” lines don’t work..."

It seems to me that you've given 2 examples of why that approach *will* work.

In both states they introduced restrictions on abortion, and in both states the issue is up for a vote in November. After those votes we'll know the will of the people, and the issue will be settled.

Or am I missing something?

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Let me give you two examples of why the “leave it to individual states” lines don’t work...

In both states they introduced restrictions on abortion, and in both states the issue is up for a vote in November. After those votes we'll know the will of the people, and the issue will be settled.

Or am I missing something?"

Yes… in all the states so far that have restricted abortion rights post roe.. it has been done via very gerrymandered republican state legislatures.. not an actual vote of the people…

In those states where people have either had a vote to enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution… or restrictions on current positions… every one has gone against those who wanted restrictions

California, Michigan, Vermont, … in ruby red Kentucky and Kansas, in Ohio republicans no only tried to bury the vote in a dead politics period, but changed the rules so it had to be a 60% supermajority to get abortion rights enshrined

It’s only getting voted on in Florida because of a surprise compromise judgement by its Supreme Court where the 6 week limit bill can go into effect as long as it’s voted on by the general population, and that 60% supermajority would have to vote against it for them to lose, and even that is being challenged by republicans

In Arizona they are collecting enough signatures to get it up for a public vote in that state

Gilfach

"Let me give you two examples of why the “leave it to individual states” lines don’t work..."

"It seems to me that you've given 2 examples of why that approach *will* work.

Or am I missing something?"

"Yes… in all the states so far that have restricted abortion rights post roe.. it has been done via very gerrymandered republican state legislatures.. not an actual vote of the people…

In those states where people have either had a vote to enshrine abortion rights in the state constitution… or restrictions on current positions… every one has gone against those who wanted restrictions

California, Michigan, Vermont, … in ruby red Kentucky and Kansas, in Ohio republicans no only tried to bury the vote in a dead politics period, but changed the rules so it had to be a 60% supermajority to get abortion rights enshrined

It’s only getting voted on in Florida because of a surprise compromise judgement by its Supreme Court where the 6 week limit bill can go into effect as long as it’s voted on by the general population, and that 60% supermajority would have to vote against it for them to lose, and even that is being challenged by republicans

In Arizona they are collecting enough signatures to get it up for a public vote in that state "

When you say "the 'leave it to individual states' lines don’t work", I'm assuming you mean that the approach won't work for Trump and it will continue to be an issue for him.

I think that approach will work. Already lots of states have voted against restrictions, so the issue there has gone away. Florida and Arizona will have their votes later this year, and those problems will go away.

If Trump just maintains that it's down to the individual states to decide, eventually all of them will have voted and the problem will have vanished. In the meantime he gets to say that the state is planning a vote, and the people will have their say, so there's no point asking questions about it until we know what the people want.

I can't see why you think that approach won't work for him.

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Let me give you two examples of why the “leave it to individual states” lines don’t work...

Or am I missing something?

Yes… in all the states so far that have restricted abortion rights post roe.. it has been done via very gerrymandered republican state legislatures.. not an actual vote of the people…

In Arizona they are collecting enough signatures to get it up for a public vote in that state

When you say "the 'leave it to individual states' lines don’t work", I'm assuming you mean that the approach won't work for Trump and it will continue to be an issue for him.

I think that approach will work. Already lots of states have voted against restrictions, so the issue there has gone away. Florida and Arizona will have their votes later this year, and those problems will go away.

If Trump just maintains that it's down to the individual states to decide, eventually all of them will have voted and the problem will have vanished. In the meantime he gets to say that the state is planning a vote, and the people will have their say, so there's no point asking questions about it until we know what the people want.

I can't see why you think that approach won't work for him."

It won’t work for him because too many people in his own party want an abortion ban at federal level…. And he still hasn’t stated that if they were to get enough votes for such a measure to pass in the House and the senate, if he would sign the bill into law, or if he would veto it!

He is trying to have it both ways… taking credit for getting rid of roe… but not distancing himself away from states who are trying to make extreme positions legal… like in the Florida case

All it will take is for journalists to keep asking “as you are a resident of Florida, will you vote to keep the 6 weeks abortion bill in place?”

If he answers yes.. next question will be “why would you not do it nationwide?” And his pisses of most moderates and women he will need since polling at the moment suggests it’s an 80/20 issue for keeping roe…

If he answers no… next question is why it good enough for some states, but not your own?” And he pisses off his evangelical base and a lot of his own republicans…

He tried to kinda bury this between the eclipse and the basketball… but the Arizona decision is making it the main headline today

If he answers no…

Gilfach

"It won’t work for him because too many people in his own party want an abortion ban at federal level…"

I don't think Trump cares what Republican party members

want. It's not really 'his' party, he's just using it to get what he wants. Now that the nomination is his, he won't care what any of them think.

By *leasure domMan 4 weeks ago

Edinburgh

If you can bear the brain-burn listening to MAGA morons being interviewed, check out Jordan Klepper or Luke Beasley on youtube.

Trump's rally audiences really are batshit crazy.

» Add a new message to this topic