FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > WW3

WW3

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

midlands

Iran has lanched 50 drones towards Isreal.

America sending more warships into the area.

Shit is abit to get real.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *ynseylee12Couple 4 weeks ago

boston

Oh it will get crazy soon all by design the war on us has been going on a while now all these elites are best of mates there just playing there games on us the people .

What’s to come is crazy

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Iran has lanched 50 drones towards Isreal.

America sending more warships into the area.

Shit is abit to get real. "

Not so worried about the drones… I wonder if Iraq or Jordan will try and shoot them down over their airspace…

It will be cruise or ballistic missiles which will raise the stakes…

Also… the Israeli response since they are the ones that originally crossed this particular red line

By *naswingdressWoman 4 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

It was inevitable. Maybe we should blame the chucklefucks who decided it was ok to bomb a consulate.

By *agerMorganMan 4 weeks ago

Canvey Island

We won’t know anything until 2-3am our time. Will Iran tie these drone strikes with missiles strikes is another question lingering.

Either way, we’ll see in the hours ahead.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 4 weeks ago

St Leonards

I'm with Fabio and Swing at the very least here.

By *abioMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Either way… might be an idea to fill up the car tomorrow… oil prices could go through the roof

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

midlands

Yes oil prices will shoot up.

By *oungsoul96Man 3 weeks ago

Worcester

No WWIII is going to happen. It is not that big of a deal, but oil prices will go up in the next few weeks

By *oubleswing2019Man 3 weeks ago

Colchester

Curiously, on Flight Radar there is a US Navy Sikorsky MH-60R Seahawk (FFAB123)

in the Gulf of Gdansk, just outside Kalingrad. Approx 1000 ft above sea level.

It does seem rather close to Russian territory. Approx 40 km west of Donskoye.

I don't normally see Seahawks there. Often see US/Swedish/UK/Nato monitoring aircraft at 30-40K feet a lot further out. And in 100's of miles further out.

By *arko21Couple 3 weeks ago

Co Down

And did not hamas cross the line on the 7th October

By *anny_stevensMan 3 weeks ago

holytown

Drones, ballistic and cruise missiles used

By *an DeLyonMan 3 weeks ago

County Durham

"And did not hamas cross the line on the 7th October "

Palisitinians have had that from isreali long.. before 7 October

By *idnight RamblerMan 3 weeks ago

Pershore

"It was inevitable. Maybe we should blame the chucklefucks who decided it was ok to bomb a consulate."

Or the nation with a consulate harbouring sponsors of terror? You see, it's not black & white is it?

County Durham

"It was inevitable. Maybe we should blame the chucklefucks who decided it was ok to bomb a consulate.

Or the nation with a consulate harbouring sponsors of terror? You see, it's not black & white is it?"

If Iran did that to an American consulate with Galant in it, That would be different though would it?

See how double standards work?

Pershore

"It was inevitable. Maybe we should blame the chucklefucks who decided it was ok to bomb a consulate.

Or the nation with a consulate harbouring sponsors of terror? You see, it's not black & white is it?

If Iran did that to an American consulate with Galant in it, That would be different though would it?

"

Yes arguably hitting a consulate is crossing the line. It's a similar scenario to hitting a hospital. But what if said hospital has a terror command HQ in the basement? Again, shades of grey.

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 3 weeks ago

St Leonards

Yes arguably hitting a consulate is crossing the line. It's a similar scenario to hitting a hospital. But what if said hospital has a terror command HQ in the basement? Again, shades of grey."

Embassies and consulates are sovereign territory. The British Embassy in Paris is British land, not French. France in UK. Everywhere, any nation, anywhere in the world. Attack an embassy/consulate, it's legally within "act of war" definitions.

If you watch BBC, headlines and narratives are "Iran attacks Israel". If you watch Al-Jazeera, headlines and narratives are "Iran launches retaliation to Israeli attack".

Who's right, who's wrong?

Hegel, a particularly poetic philosopher, said:

"Tragedy lies in the conflict between a right and a right, not a right and a wrong".

So we all THINK we're right. I find Israel the ugliest nation on earth, but I don't have Iran, US, Russia, UK, EU nations, China etc far behind.

We all think we're right.

And we're wrong.

And that's not a lame lament. It can, could, and should become something political over the coming years. To know that each of us, x 8 billion, is the problem gives massive scope for managing that problem.

We may not see that until after WW3 though. Last night isn't WW3. But we're getting closer all the time.

Because we all think we're right.

And we're not.

That includes me.

Confusing, innit?

No wonder we struggle.

By *loscouplegl3Couple 3 weeks ago

Gloucester

"It was inevitable. Maybe we should blame the chucklefucks who decided it was ok to bomb a consulate."

Bollocks. The ‘chucklefucks’ are all over the place. Hamas kill citizens. Israel kills citizens, Houthis kill citizens, US kill citizens, Hezbollah kill citizens, UK kill citizens, Iran, Russia, Saudi. All a bunch of clueless assholes!

Stop the killing in the name of religion, nationalism, politics. Fucking stupid!

By *ortyairCouple 3 weeks ago

Wallasey

Bollocks. The ‘chucklefucks’ are all over the place. Hamas kill citizens. Israel kills citizens, Houthis kill citizens, US kill citizens, Hezbollah kill citizens, UK kill citizens, Iran, Russia, Saudi. All a bunch of clueless assholes!

Stop the killing in the name of religion, nationalism, politics. Fucking stupid!"

Mrs x

By *naswingdressWoman 3 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Stop the killing in the name of religion, nationalism, politics. Fucking stupid!"

Yes, bombing a consulate is exactly the same as bombing anything else. It's not a particularly egregious action of war at all, and everyone is completely the same.

By *hagTonightMan 3 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I dont think it will be a ww3, it will be interesting to see what side the media will be on, what a good defence it was from israel, they shot down all the drones too.

By *anny_stevensMan 3 weeks ago

holytown

"I dont think it will be a ww3, it will be interesting to see what side the media will be on, what a good defence it was from israel, they shot down all the drones too."

About 1% apparently still got through

By *itonthesideWoman 3 weeks ago

glasgow/ belfast

"

If you watch BBC, headlines and narratives are "Iran attacks Israel". If you watch Al-Jazeera, headlines and narratives are "Iran launches retaliation to Israeli attack".

"

Do they though? Because ive been reading bbc refer to it as retaliation consistently since last night. In fact here is a quoted opening paragraph to the article saying israel is on high alert

“Iran has launched hundreds of aerial drones and missiles at Israel, marking a widely anticipated reprisal attack.”

County Durham

Well this is what happens when double standards are used and international law is ignored by the USA and Isreal.

Dragging other countries into a conflict with one upman ship too.

By *I TwoCouple 3 weeks ago

all around

"Well this is what happens when double standards are used and international law is ignored by the USA and Isreal.

Dragging other countries into a conflict with one upman ship too. "

Whilst others take a very simplistic and mainly one sided view.

Human nature I suppose

County Durham

Just have to wait for the Zionist strikes. Supported by Americans.

I wonder how far this will go and will American and UK forces get dragged into this bollocks

all around

"Just have to wait for the Zionist strikes. Supported by Americans.

I wonder how far this will go and will American and UK forces get dragged into this bollocks "

What's your solution

Wallasey

I wonder how far this will go and will American and UK forces get dragged into this bollocks "

You continue to say they've broken international law and STILL not quote it.

You persist in continuing to call them Zionist, when Israel has far more non observant Jews and Palestinians. It would be like referring to the UK as NF. It's just ridiculous,

Mrs x

County Durham

I wonder how far this will go and will American and UK forces get dragged into this bollocks

What's your solution "

It's all gone way too far now unfortunately.

Not my solution but one that's been out for years from many moderates and level headed thinkers ..and ignored unfortunately.

County Durham

[Removed by poster at 14/04/24 12:30:32]

County Durham

I wonder how far this will go and will American and UK forces get dragged into this bollocks You continue to say they've broken international law and STILL not quote it.

You persist in continuing to call them Zionist, when Israel has far more non observant Jews and Palestinians. It would be like referring to the UK as NF. It's just ridiculous,

Mrs x"

I don't know if you noticed but it's the likes of Zionists helping to fuel this conflict, not moderates with the voice of reason who are ignored

By *irkby coupleCouple 3 weeks ago

Kirkby

We all knew it was coming, the question was when.

We have holidays booked, I’ve paid all the deposits but refused to pay the rest until the last minute incase war broke out and we can’t go. Will hopefully at least get my next holiday out the way (a week in Sat) before it all gets to serious.

Not read all the comments so not sure if it’s been said, from what I’ve read it was over 300 drones and missiles from various locations, Iran, Iraq, Syria and Yemen. They got mostly shot down before the got close to Israel by Jordan, U.S and France. Not sure it any actually hit.

By *irkby coupleCouple 3 weeks ago

Kirkby

I don’t even know what a ziomist is, I’m guessing it’s some name made up by the woke/snowflakes to call someone who doesn’t like a religion?

By *ikeSM23Man 3 weeks ago

Manchester

Suggest the view needs widening further…… Middle East and Ukraine already active conflicts, China (Taiwan and other China sea territories) and North Korea are on knife edges. In all four regions the key protagonists (national governments) are supporting each other. The west calls it the axis of evil, however Moscow, Tehran, Beijing and Pyongyang may call it something aligned with reshaping global order.

Manchester (she/her)

I don’t even know what a ziomist is, I’m guessing it’s some name made up by the woke/snowflakes to call someone who doesn’t like a religion?"

Zionism is the movement that supports Jewish people having a homeland.

Really got a political start in the 1910s with the Balfour Declaration, saying that Jewish people couldn't come to the UK.

Deffo sounds woke and made up to me

all around

I wonder how far this will go and will American and UK forces get dragged into this bollocks You continue to say they've broken international law and STILL not quote it.

Mrs x

I don't know if you noticed but it's the likes of Zionists helping to fuel this conflict, not moderates with the voice of reason who are ignored "

Eh ? What does that even mean ?

Manchester (she/her)

Mrs x

I don't know if you noticed but it's the likes of Zionists helping to fuel this conflict, not moderates with the voice of reason who are ignored

Eh ? What does that even mean ?"

I should add, in this context "Zionism" can also be a dogwhistle

Wallasey

Mrs x

I don't know if you noticed but it's the likes of Zionists helping to fuel this conflict, not moderates with the voice of reason who are ignored "

it's fanatics on either side of a conflict that normally fuel it, but it's leaders who have to lead for all their citizens, improve the lot for the good, moderate citizens whilst keeping in check the fanatics.

Unfortunately and country, state, region run by terrorists will not care one bit about any citizen who does not agree with terrorist ideology.

Israel may be wrong, I'm not saying they aren't but I am saying Hamas are the terrorists here, the fanatics. I'm not saying Palestinians are before you say I am.

Please stop referring to all Israelis as Zionist, they aren't even all Jewish,

Mrs x

Wallasey

I don’t even know what a ziomist is, I’m guessing it’s some name made up by the woke/snowflakes to call someone who doesn’t like a religion?

Really got a political start in the 1910s with the Balfour Declaration, saying that Jewish people couldn't come to the UK.

Deffo sounds woke and made up to me "

Zionist and Palestinian immigration into Palestine can be traced back until the 1800's.

Both have been in the region for substantially longer than that,

Mrs x

Manchester (she/her)

Deffo sounds woke and made up to me Zionist and Palestinian immigration into Palestine can be traced back until the 1800's.

Mrs x"

Yes, I'm aware. I picked a prominent event by which to demonstrate that it's not a woke/snowflake/ made up thing (whatever that means!), but it's a real phenomenon. Although I'm not sure that's the primary goal of using that word in this context

Wallasey

Deffo sounds woke and made up to me Zionist and Palestinian immigration into Palestine can be traced back until the 1800's.

Mrs x

Yes, I'm aware. I picked a prominent event by which to demonstrate that it's not a woke/snowflake/ made up thing (whatever that means!), but it's a real phenomenon. Although I'm not sure that's the primary goal of using that word in this context "

I agree, I believe it's an insult used against all Jews, observant, non observant, Israelis who are non Jewish, to dehumanise them. Make them appear fanatical in everyone's eyes. Some militant Jews may see it as a 'badge of honour', I don't think most do. Like most Palestinians I think they want to live in peace, with their neighbours.

Mrs x

Manchester (she/her)

Mrs x

Yes, I'm aware. I picked a prominent event by which to demonstrate that it's not a woke/snowflake/ made up thing (whatever that means!), but it's a real phenomenon. Although I'm not sure that's the primary goal of using that word in this context I agree, I believe it's an insult used against all Jews, observant, non observant, Israelis who are non Jewish, to dehumanise them. Make them appear fanatical in everyone's eyes. Some militant Jews may see it as a 'badge of honour', I don't think most do. Like most Palestinians I think they want to live in peace, with their neighbours.

Mrs x

"

It makes trying to engage quite difficult, the ways that Zionism is contorted for political ends. It's one reason why I try not to use it when speaking about this issue, except when strictly relevant and I very specifically want to talk about the drive towards a political homeland. (I'm aware that Zionism is one factor among many in this conflict, but I'll avoid using it because I know that some unsavoury types use it as a catch-all insult)

By *exguru_xxxMan 3 weeks ago

London

The United Kingdom has ZERO DEFENCE TREATIES with the state of Israel. Yet our RAF planes were involved in defending them. Israel have NEVER defended us internationally, in fact they have armed our enemies. When Britain went to war to liberate the Falkland Islands Israel sold weapons to the Argentinians. In recent Ukraine Russia war Israel refused to give military aid to Ukraine while keeping diplomatic ties with Putin. Anyone calling themselves a 'Patriot' and supporting Sunak fighting for Israel is actually a traitor.

By *otMe66Man 3 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"The United Kingdom has ZERO DEFENCE TREATIES with the state of Israel. Yet our RAF planes were involved in defending them. Israel have NEVER defended us internationally, in fact they have armed our enemies. When Britain went to war to liberate the Falkland Islands Israel sold weapons to the Argentinians. In recent Ukraine Russia war Israel refused to give military aid to Ukraine while keeping diplomatic ties with Putin. Anyone calling themselves a 'Patriot' and supporting Sunak fighting for Israel is actually a traitor."

Your post is showing your lack of political understanding in global matters.

Russia control the Syrian airspace which Israel need to enter and have entered very recently.

Israel support Ukraine with humanitarian supplies not weapons to maintain their access to the airspace.

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

midlands

Seems Israel has announced it will retaliate to Iran but not decided how or when.

Iran has warned Israel not to do this and the next action will be very severe

By *oversfunCouple 3 weeks ago

ayrshire

"Seems Israel has announced it will retaliate to Iran but not decided how or when.

Iran has warned Israel not to do this and the next action will be very severe "

It seems as if isreal is itching for war with iran

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 07:26:46]

Terra Firma

"Seems Israel has announced it will retaliate to Iran but not decided how or when.

It seems as if isreal is itching for war with iran"

I think you have that the wrong way…

Iran instigated the recent unrest through their proxies.

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 07:46:44]

It seems as if isreal is itching for war with iran"

No, it is the other way around, it seems that iran wants a war with them, israel have the right to defend themselves.

ayrshire

It seems as if isreal is itching for war with iran

I think you have that the wrong way…

Iran instigated the recent unrest through their proxies."

Pretty sure isreal bombed an iranian consulate and killed 7 ppl ,by doing that iran had the right to retaliate

ayrshire

It seems as if isreal is itching for war with iranNo, it is the other way around, it seems that iran wants a war with them, israel have the right to defend themselves."

As do iran

Wallasey

Iran are funding the vast majority of the terrorism in the area. Most, if not all, directed at Israel.

Mrs x

ayrshire

"Iran are funding the vast majority of the terrorism in the area. Most, if not all, directed at Israel.

Mrs x"

Isreal attacked an iranian consulate in another country,they knew what they were doing and that iran would retaliate

County Durham

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 08:08:09]

County Durham

"Iran are funding the vast majority of the terrorism in the area. Most, if not all, directed at Israel.

Mrs x"

And what do you call the west's endless support for Isreal in its endless list of UN rules and law breaking that's pushing ever closer to war?

Besides the accusations by the UN, the red cross. Amnesty international?

Do you place your "knowledge" and "intellect" ABOVE ALL of those organisations ?

Wallasey

Mrs x

Isreal attacked an iranian consulate in another country,they knew what they were doing and that iran would retaliate"

Sure they will have thought of the possible consequences before striking

Mrs x

Pershore

Mrs x

Isreal attacked an iranian consulate in another country,they knew what they were doing and that iran would retaliate"

But then Iran attacked Israel with drones and missiles overflying other countries,they knew what they were doing and that Israel will retaliate.

You see, it's just a cycle of action and retaliation. It needs to be broken by compromise. But neither side will.

County Durham

Mrs x

Isreal attacked an iranian consulate in another country,they knew what they were doing and that iran would retaliateSure they will have thought of the possible consequences before striking

Mrs x"

Well we're not included in briefings like you.

ayrshire

Mrs x

Isreal attacked an iranian consulate in another country,they knew what they were doing and that iran would retaliateSure they will have thought of the possible consequences before striking

Mrs x"

yes to bring iran directly into the conflict

ayrshire

Mrs x

Isreal attacked an iranian consulate in another country,they knew what they were doing and that iran would retaliate

But then Iran attacked Israel with drones and missiles overflying other countries,they knew what they were doing and that Israel will retaliate.

You see, it's just a cycle of action and retaliation. It needs to be broken by compromise. But neither side will."

They also said that was it ended ,unless isreal took it further which it looks like they are going to do

County Durham

Mrs x

Mrs x"

Well I'm off to work now. Enjoy the fucking stupid war that you support !

I hope it's all worth it getting countless more people killed , supporting far right war criminals!

Wallasey

Mrs x

And what do you call the west's endless support for Isreal in its endless list of UN rules and law breaking that's pushing ever closer to war?

Besides the accusations by the UN, the red cross. Amnesty international?

Do you place your "knowledge" and "intellect" ABOVE ALL of those organisations ?

"

You're at it again. No answering any questions and trying to belittle me.

Honestly is this the best you and your pissed friend could come up with?

I never once mentioned my knowledg eor intellect, strangely you've done that.

I don't profess to know more than any of the esteemed bodies you mention. I do not profess to know more than anyone, you included.

However I try to base everything on evidence or facts. You don't supply either.

You say the UN have made a decleration, yet they havent.

You say the Knessett has a convicted terrorist as a minister but it doesnt. I've asked if there is another mi sister you are thinking of then name him.

You say the UK is breaking International Law, elementary International Law at that. But when asked to supply this law you refuse.

You refuse to accept that the UK is not breaking the law and the High Court said they weren't only a couple of months ago.

You say lots more, with very little substance, no real evidence, based on opinions and not facts.

Just validate what you say with facts and evidence and maybe you will be able to persuade others of the legitimacy of what you say.

Mrs x

Wallasey

Mrs x

Mrs x

Well I'm off to work now. Enjoy the fucking stupid war that you support !

I hope it's all worth it getting countless more people killed , supporting far right war criminals!

"

Well you'd like that after fighting to protect them in Bosnia lol,

Mrs x

Pershore

Mrs x

You see, it's just a cycle of action and retaliation. It needs to be broken by compromise. But neither side will.

They also said that was it ended ,unless isreal took it further which it looks like they are going to do"

Let's see. If Israel stops the retaliation, then Iran will likely stop direct action too. But their proxy organisations won't, guaranteed.

ayrshire

Mrs x

They also said that was it ended ,unless isreal took it further which it looks like they are going to do

Let's see. If Israel stops the retaliation, then Iran will likely stop direct action too. But their proxy organisations won't, guaranteed."

Im talking directly about iran,lets hope isreal heeds the warning