FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Have Ukraine been thrown to the wolves

Have Ukraine been thrown to the wolves

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *I Two OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

all around

If it hadn't been for the western support the war would probably have lasted a few weeks. The Ukrainians could have made the country ungovernable.

The west contributed long enough for most of Ukraine to be reduced to rubble who knows how many lives have been lost and it looks like Pootin will be gloating about winning a war with the west.

Who shot themselves in the foot?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wistntwirlCouple 2 weeks ago

Middle Land

Difficult not to think it was seen as an opportunity to weaken Russia while making a few quid in arms sales etc.

all around

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 21:34:50]

By *exy_HornyCouple 2 weeks ago

Leigh

Russia were losing, so they got Iran to start the war in Gaza to distract from Ukraine.

Divide and conquer.

This was the first major Russian tactical success and may lead to victory.

By *estivalMan 2 weeks ago

borehamwood

Ukraine is fucked wether they win or lose, russia win ukraine lose a ton of land, ukraine win there in debt for decades to come and they still dont own a lot of there land because it was sold to the likes of blackrock and others way before the war started, either way they end up as someones bitch

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 2 weeks ago

Hastings

"Ukraine is fucked wether they win or lose, russia win ukraine lose a ton of land, ukraine win there in debt for decades to come and they still dont own a lot of there land because it was sold to the likes of blackrock and others way before the war started, either way they end up as someones bitch"

I see it from where the We are, Ukraine wins and they will need lots of help and investment, costing the UK and EU more.

Russia wins and grain, gas. ETC will be much more expensive, costing the UK and EU more.

By *irldnCouple 2 weeks ago

Brighton

Hadn’t huge gas reserves been discovered below Ukraine shortly before Russia decided to invade? That’s the prize whoever wins.

borehamwood

"Hadn’t huge gas reserves been discovered below Ukraine shortly before Russia decided to invade? That’s the prize whoever wins."
you get it, it was never about ukraine it was always about what others could get out of ukraine

all around

"Hadn’t huge gas reserves been discovered below Ukraine shortly before Russia decided to invade? That’s the prize whoever wins."

Wouldn't the yanks be a lot more involved if there was

By *ools and the brainCouple 2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Bigger picture isn't it.

So let them take Ukraine then what?? Think they can carry on taking one country at a time?

I remember a certain mustachioed Austrian who did the same thing.

Or let them fight assist Ukraine as best as possible, depleting the russian forces munitions and moral hoping that someone within the Kremlin will take out Putin.

Unfortunately non of this has happened and I now worry that the egomaniac that is Putin will retreat to an underground bunker and blow everything to kingdom come.

Brighton

"Hadn’t huge gas reserves been discovered below Ukraine shortly before Russia decided to invade? That’s the prize whoever wins.

Wouldn't the yanks be a lot more involved if there was"

Ah but Russia! It is one thing invading Iraq or Afghanistan. Quite another to end up potentially head-to-head with a fellow superpower. So it is all by proxy.

Had their been oil/gas in Bosnia or Kosovo the response (or rather the speed of response) would have been different.

By *wistntwirlCouple 2 weeks ago

Middle Land

"Unfortunately non of this has happened and I now worry that the egomaniac that is Putin will retreat to an underground bunker and blow everything to kingdom come."

Why would he do that?

He'll have Ukraine (or much of it) in the near future. He can sit comfortably exactly where he is.

borehamwood

"Bigger picture isn't it.

So let them take Ukraine then what?? Think they can carry on taking one country at a time?

Or let them fight assist Ukraine as best as possible, depleting the russian forces munitions and moral hoping that someone within the Kremlin will take out Putin.

Unfortunately non of this has happened and I now worry that the egomaniac that is Putin will retreat to an underground bunker and blow everything to kingdom come."

we seem to be doing a great job of depleting our own stocks aswell, add in to that not getting cheap gas anymore yea we are teaching him a big lesson

By *ools and the brainCouple 2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Unfortunately non of this has happened and I now worry that the egomaniac that is Putin will retreat to an underground bunker and blow everything to kingdom come.we seem to be doing a great job of depleting our own stocks aswell, add in to that not getting cheap gas anymore yea we are teaching him a big lesson"

He wants to bring back the USSR claiming Ukraine will be a big step closer

Brighton

Unfortunately non of this has happened and I now worry that the egomaniac that is Putin will retreat to an underground bunker and blow everything to kingdom come.we seem to be doing a great job of depleting our own stocks aswell, add in to that not getting cheap gas anymore yea we are teaching him a big lesson

He wants to bring back the USSR claiming Ukraine will be a big step closer "

Being pedantic I think Putin wants to regain the territory that came under the USSR but would maintain his autocratic authoritarian anti-communist stance.

all around

[Removed by poster at 16/04/24 14:27:12]

borehamwood

Unfortunately non of this has happened and I now worry that the egomaniac that is Putin will retreat to an underground bunker and blow everything to kingdom come.we seem to be doing a great job of depleting our own stocks aswell, add in to that not getting cheap gas anymore yea we are teaching him a big lesson

He wants to bring back the USSR claiming Ukraine will be a big step closer "

who told you he wants to bring back the ussr? I was under the impression he wanted to keep everything east of the river and around the port, never knew he was planniing on taking the whole ukraine, id have thought he wouldnt want the west of ukraine to many pro westerners in that part hed never be able to police it

By *ust RachelTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Eastbourne

Who ever wins or loses, this has been brilliant for the arms manufacturers. All these weapons are now being tested, all for free by Ukraine. It also gives them a real world idea of what they need to do to improve the munitions, also it has thrown up some suprises with regards to the drone army.

By *mateur100Man 2 weeks ago

nr faversham

"If it hadn't been for the western support the war would probably have lasted a few weeks. The Ukrainians could have made the country ungovernable.

The west contributed long enough for most of Ukraine to be reduced to rubble who knows how many lives have been lost and it looks like Pootin will be gloating about winning a war with the west.

Who shot themselves in the foot?

"

They have been, and are continuing to be, used and abused

» Add a new message to this topic