FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Rwanda

Rwanda

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *forGivenchy OP   Man 2 weeks ago

Maidstone

Whilst the refugee situation needs to be controlled better, I just can't see how spending hundreds of millions of pounds on a cruel, unnecessary and performative policy is the way forward. Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ompovatorX24Man 2 weeks ago

Wembley

Well it should in theory deter anyone thinking about crossing the channel to the UK. To end up in Rwanda however, is a massive solution to construct. When they start sending out letters and these illegals go missing as to avoid getting deported.why don't they just do the latter and start the lottery system to who can or can't remain

Maidstone

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic about this, but why not reallocate that money to setting up an asylum processing centre in Calais? Surely that would have more of an impact on the channel crossings than the perceived threat of being flown to a third country.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Central

It's not about achieving something credible, spending money wisely etc, it's dog whistle politics, to keep the readily angry brigade frothing

Maidstone

"It's not about achieving something credible, spending money wisely etc, it's dog whistle politics, to keep the readily angry brigade frothing "

The issue I have is why do the Tories think the "readily angry brigade" will win them re-election, surely that's a forgone conclusion.

By *astandFeistyCouple 2 weeks ago

Bournemouth

"It's not about achieving something credible, spending money wisely etc, it's dog whistle politics, to keep the readily angry brigade frothing

The issue I have is why do the Tories think the "readily angry brigade" will win them re-election, surely that's a forgone conclusion."

This isn't about winning re-election. It's about getting it passed so Labour can either reverse it or not use it. Both situations leave the Tories saying 'Labour don't want to solve the problem'.

Maidstone

Victoria Derbyshire taking no prisoners whilst interviewing a Tory MP - "The fact that you've magically found 150 judges, 25 court rooms, offering 5,000 sitting days... Is it more a priority to send people to Rwanda than to try alleged rapists?"

» Add a new message to this topic