By *oversfunCouple 3 weeks ago

ayrshire

"Not looking good for the SNP lol."

Why not ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP    3 weeks ago

"Not looking good for the SNP lol.

Why not ?"

Being minority government they will struggle to get any thing passed also the fact Hamza has pissed off the Greens too

By *oversfunCouple 2 weeks ago

ayrshire

Why not ?

Being minority government they will struggle to get any thing passed also the fact Hamza has pissed off the Greens too "

Snp have ran 2 successful minority goverments before,under alex salmond and nicola sturgeon

By *atEvolutionCouple 2 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I wonder why the Greens were sacked? Was it because in this minority government that they were too close for comfort and the SNP really couldn't get things done without them? Off course, it was.

It was well-known that the greens were wagging the tail of the SNP doggy.

National Care Service FAILED.

* A replacement for council tax FAILED.

* Aims to bring children out of poverty . . .

"The government may have increased the Scottish Child Payment in service of that aim, the latest figures show little change, with approximately 260,000 children (26 per cent) living in relative poverty in 2022/23."

* The return deposit scheme FAILED.

* The Greens HPMA's was dropped another FAILURE.

* When are those Ferries going to be actually delivered?

* The Climate Change astonishing u-turn - total FAILURE.

* Gender Recognitiopn Reform Bill - What a total FAILURE.

* 2021 manifesto, as was the goal of decarbonising the heating in one million homes by 2030, a target Mr Harvie admitted last year was “not achievable.”

“There are policies in the agreement that failed because the Greens refused to compromise,” one SNP source said. “Even in government, it felt like they were still an opposition party at times. But there were policies that would have been brought forward by a minority SNP government, and if you look at deposit return and GRR, the problem wasn’t the Greens, it was the legislation itself.”

Like with most coalition governments - in the main, they just do not work. Because one is always seeking greater power against the other.

So. Not look good for the SNP either, then.

By *exy_HornyCouple 2 weeks ago

Leigh

Expected to resign soon.

Maybe Scotland will get a good politician as a replacement, but I'm not holding my breath.

I will not give up - I will fight this, I . . . . might be gone by the end of the day.

Humza Yousaf 398 days in the job, not quite as short as Henry McLeish @ 377 days but just 21 days more. Still, not the Truss record of 44 days. But like the footballer First Minister before him, it is a spectacular own goal.

Prime Minister Harold Wilson's quip that “a week is a long time in politics” still reigns supreme.

By (user no longer on site) OP    2 weeks ago

"I will not give up - I will fight this, I . . . . might be gone by the end of the day.

"

Good riddence

By *anny_stevensMan 2 weeks ago

holytown

And hes gone!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 2 weeks ago

in Lancashire

As own goals go it's up there..

ayrshire

Not too surprised,though glad he knocked back albas backing,personally hope kate forbes gets it and then calls a scottish election

By *erlins5Man 2 weeks ago

South Fife

Why not ?

Being minority government they will struggle to get any thing passed also the fact Hamza has pissed off the Greens too "

The PR system of voting in Holyrood is actually designed for minority/ coalition government.The fact that SNP have had majorities in the past is testament to how popular they have been....despite what the right wing media would have you believe.

ayrshire

Why not ?

Being minority government they will struggle to get any thing passed also the fact Hamza has pissed off the Greens too

The PR system of voting in Holyrood is actually designed for minority/ coalition government.The fact that SNP have had majorities in the past is testament to how popular they have been....despite what the right wing media would have you believe."

By *uietbloke67Man 2 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"I wonder why the Greens were sacked? Was it because in this minority government that they were too close for comfort and the SNP really couldn't get things done without them? Off course, it was.

It was well-known that the greens were wagging the tail of the SNP doggy.

National Care Service FAILED.

* A replacement for council tax FAILED.

* Aims to bring children out of poverty . . .

"The government may have increased the Scottish Child Payment in service of that aim, the latest figures show little change, with approximately 260,000 children (26 per cent) living in relative poverty in 2022/23."

* The return deposit scheme FAILED.

* The Greens HPMA's was dropped another FAILURE.

* When are those Ferries going to be actually delivered?

* The Climate Change astonishing u-turn - total FAILURE.

* Gender Recognitiopn Reform Bill - What a total FAILURE.

* 2021 manifesto, as was the goal of decarbonising the heating in one million homes by 2030, a target Mr Harvie admitted last year was “not achievable.”

“There are policies in the agreement that failed because the Greens refused to compromise,” one SNP source said. “Even in government, it felt like they were still an opposition party at times. But there were policies that would have been brought forward by a minority SNP government, and if you look at deposit return and GRR, the problem wasn’t the Greens, it was the legislation itself.”

Like with most coalition governments - in the main, they just do not work. Because one is always seeking greater power against the other.

So. Not look good for the SNP either, then.

"

West Midlands location...obsessed

» Add a new message to this topic