Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

anyone watching channel 4 right now.

horrific stuff

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *extoysareusCouple  over a year ago

kinky heaven

Don't know much about it, know they go it in Yemen alot, is it as bad as male circumcision which is just as barbaric

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

so you did

I just turned over from bbc4

evesham

"Don't know much about it, know they go it in Yemen alot, is it as bad as male circumcision which is just as barbaric"

we have got it here too.

they pin the girls down and remove the clitoris and sometimes the labia minora and sometimes the labia minora and the labia majora sewing the skin together leaving just one small hole through which the women have to urinate, menstruate, have sex and give birth.

no anastethic

kinky heaven

Well they should ban it to all children male and female.

When they're 18 they can decide to have it done by themselves

Its not what I would call entertainment, one of the reasons I rarely watch Television.

evesham

"Well they should ban it to all children male and female.

When they're 18 they can decide to have it done by themselves "

why would any woman choose to have that done?

i believe that circumcision for men is a much bigger deal the older they get though. not that i am condoning the act as i dont know much about male circumcisons, the hows and the why's etc

What is it??

evesham

"Its not what I would call entertainment, one of the reasons I rarely watch Television. "

not watching it for entertainment value

evesham

"What is it??"

female genital mutilation, otherwise referred to a female circumcision

i believe that circumcision for men is a much bigger deal the older they get though. not that i am condoning the act as i dont know much about male circumcisons, the hows and the why's etc"

How... A sharp knife and a steady hand...

Why... Cleanliness...

It is distressing and barbaric

Female circumcision is, in nearly all cases, about stopping the woman's sexual pleasure...

Male circumcision can at least be considered as something for hygiene. FGM is just horrific control of the female, it worries me it can go undetected and seem normal to groups in this country.

I don't know the answer to stopping it but I'm glad we're seeing more information in the mainstream - hopefully we can educate against it.

evesham

i believe that circumcision for men is a much bigger deal the older they get though. not that i am condoning the act as i dont know much about male circumcisons, the hows and the why's etc

Why... Cleanliness..."

and really the effects are not as devastating as they are for the females.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"What is it??"
Watch it on channel 4 plus one ..

Siren it isnt entertainment Its Education..If we dont educate how will people know it is happening.

kinky heaven

i believe that circumcision for men is a much bigger deal the older they get though. not that i am condoning the act as i dont know much about male circumcisons, the hows and the why's etc"

I don't know but its up to them. I believe you can do anything to your body you want do give them the chance to choose.just like a tattoo.

When you are an adult you can decide how you want to mutilate your body

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

We've yet to have a successful prosecution in this country.

The 'story' has at least been told by the mainstream press over the last two years after many years of people trying to get anyone to take this seriously as an issue in this country.

kinky heaven

"Male circumcision can at least be considered as something for hygiene. FGM is just horrific control of the female, it worries me it can go undetected and seem normal to groups in this country.

I don't know the answer to stopping it but I'm glad we're seeing more information in the mainstream - hopefully we can educate against it."

so male because of hygiene???

Lol us humans have so many crevices and holes we don't go slitting things open for hygiene

Its just a barbaric ritual

I don't know but its up to them. I believe you can do anything to your body you want do give them the chance to choose.just like a tattoo.

When you are an adult you can decide how you want to mutilate your body"

Read the other threads on this subject where others have explained some of the issues in more detail. The last time was about 3/4 months ago.

Why... Cleanliness...

and really the effects are not as devastating as they are for the females. "

Correct.... A circumcised cock can often be more sensitive, pleasurable, for the man...

"Male circumcision can at least be considered as something for hygiene. FGM is just horrific control of the female, it worries me it can go undetected and seem normal to groups in this country.

I don't know the answer to stopping it but I'm glad we're seeing more information in the mainstream - hopefully we can educate against it.

so male because of hygiene???

Lol us humans have so many crevices and holes we don't go slitting things open for hygiene

Its just a barbaric ritual "

Point taken, was trying to point to FGM being about ensuring a girl gets to her husband a virgin, heightens his pleasure and takes away hers.

Male circ, as barbaric as the act is, is not about destroying the guy's right to choose who when and how to share his body.

When you are an adult you can decide how you want to mutilate your body"

Female circumcision is rarely a "choice"...

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

its mutilation and needs to be stopped

Ive just tried to sign the e petition but it keeps crashing

evesham

"Ive just tried to sign the e petition but it keeps crashing"

probably a lot of traffic on it after watching the programme

"Ive just tried to sign the e petition but it keeps crashing"

I hope they fix that and people remember to try again. But it's great that so many are trying to sign it.

"Ive just tried to sign the e petition but it keeps crashing

probably a lot of traffic on it after watching the programme"

I think it said over 5000 signatures in the last hr so no wonder its having a nervous breakdown

"Ive just tried to sign the e petition but it keeps crashing

probably a lot of traffic on it after watching the programme

I think it said over 5000 signatures in the last hr so no wonder its having a nervous breakdown"

The very sad thing these days is that a petition is considered as 'failed' unless it can garner the magic 100,000 signatures.

evesham

i've signed

The total was close to 30,000 this morning. There is now a campaign to get people to sign to get the petition to the 'magic' 100,000.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

The irony is that in many sub-Saharan cultures women who have not undergone FGM want it done and elect to have it done. They actually CHOOSE it!

This is most likely because non-FGM women in those cultures find it difficult to get a husband. They feel different, unaccepted and as if they cannot be good wives.

Whilst campaigning for a change in legislation here is a good idea, it will not tackle that mindset and those issues.

I have just signed the petition and think it's totally barbaric. As it was commented on in the programme "if it was happening to white females in the UK,then it would get a lot more attention". But because it is not and no one in the government is taking responsibility for it and there have been no prosecutions since the bill was introduced.Also well done to the young males who were involved in the

programme too, as they were totally shocked by this barbaric act!!

"I have just signed the petition and think it's totally barbaric. As it was commented on in the programme "if it was happening to white females in the UK,then it would get a lot more attention". But because it is not and no one in the government is taking responsibility for it and there have been no prosecutions since the bill was introduced.Also well done to the young males who were involved in the

programme too, as they were totally shocked by this barbaric act!!"

Some of the most successful work in this country has been to educate men on the practice and how it affects the women in their families.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"The irony is that in many sub-Saharan cultures women who have not undergone FGM want it done and elect to have it done. They actually CHOOSE it!

This is most likely because non-FGM women in those cultures find it difficult to get a husband. They feel different, unaccepted and as if they cannot be good wives.

Whilst campaigning for a change in legislation here is a good idea, it will not tackle that mindset and those issues. "

Ive worked in one place where traditionally 100% of women had pharaonic circumcisions (where the clitoris and labia minora are removed and the labia majora is sewn closed) because it was culturally the 'norm'.

In the space of a couple of years the attitudes in one community completely changed mainly because one young Imam took it as his campaign and preached that it had no religious basis whatsoever. Young girls started saying that they didnt want it doing and mothers started saying that they wouldn't force them.

Mind you, the Imam did used to get death threats and went everywhere with bodyguards

By *enithWoman  over a year ago

closer than you think

"anyone watching channel 4 right now.

horrific stuff "

hearing that little girls screams made me weep and I had to switch to another channel .... then I signed the petition to stop this barbaric act

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nearly 4,000 women and girls have been treated for female genital mutilation (FGM) in London's hospitals since 2009, according to new figures.

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust treated the most FGM patients, with 1,146 seen over the past five years.

"This is a crime basically outlawed in the early-mid 1980s and yet, unlike France, we have not had one single successful prosecution for what is unquestionably a completely barbaric crime," Boris Johnson said.

By *istressdebssubCouple  over a year ago

cambridge

and to date the number of parents prosecuted in the UK IS NIL

"and to date the number of parents prosecuted in the UK IS NIL "

You can't upset people who hold these beliefs firmly.... It's just not cricket

It would appear that i have unwittingly posted a similar subject to this one, the difference being that mine focussed on the actions of the French government and what we should be doing to stamp it out here.

Apologies for any confusion.

Apparently it's now political.. .

They really should have named the politics forum.... The forum for stuff that people might argue about

Parents should be prosecuted for allowing it to happen to thier children I can't see the men cuing up to have the end of thier cock hopped off for the sake of thier culture

Queuing

How dare you!! Racist! lslamophobe! Don't you know that only Christianity is up for criticism - especially when Robert Powell is playing Jesus with his blue eyes - ?

Our unwillingness to stick our heads above the parapet and criticise is part of the problem.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"Apparently it's now political.. .

They really should have named the politics forum.... The forum for stuff that people might argue about "

The forum for people with opinions who aren't just looking to flirt and inflate everyone's ego ....

"The irony is that in many sub-Saharan cultures women who have not undergone FGM want it done and elect to have it done. They actually CHOOSE it!

Whilst campaigning for a change in legislation here is a good idea, it will not tackle that mindset and those issues.

Ive worked in one place where traditionally 100% of women had pharaonic circumcisions (where the clitoris and labia minora are removed and the labia majora is sewn closed) because it was culturally the 'norm'.

In the space of a couple of years the attitudes in one community completely changed mainly because one young Imam took it as his campaign and preached that it had no religious basis whatsoever. Young girls started saying that they didnt want it doing and mothers started saying that they wouldn't force them.

Mind you, the Imam did used to get death threats and went everywhere with bodyguards "

The world needs more people like this brave man.

» Add a new message to this topic