FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is this hypocrisy or not?

Is this hypocrisy or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lacksausage OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

We scheme to take out leaders of countries we perceive to be corrupt. We invade countries that are not democratic and oust their leaders. We hold a referendum. The minority thinks the majority made a mistake. The minority thinks they did not educate/ convince the majority well enough. The minority is shaming the majority into justifying why they voted the way they did.

Who the fuck are these geniuses that want to rewrite the text books of governance and democracy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Can't conflate these things. The rule of government is all. And governments' positions will change.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We scheme to take out leaders of countries we perceive to be corrupt. We invade countries that are not democratic and oust their leaders. We hold a referendum. The minority thinks the majority made a mistake. The minority thinks they did not educate/ convince the majority well enough. The minority is shaming the majority into justifying why they voted the way they did.

Who the fuck are these geniuses that want to rewrite the text books of governance and democracy?"

You're over thinking. It's called throwing the toys out of the pram.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If what you say is true why do the majority feel they need to justify their actions? It's enough just to say the majority vote won, here is our coherent, sensible plan that we had worked out from the day we started campaigning, surely.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

If the minority had been the leave side the situation would have been the same.

OP, your post is mixing up too many things to pull this apart. Plus, everything that could be said on this is being covered in 20 threads already picking this apart.

"If what you say is true why do the majority feel they need to justify their actions? It's enough just to say the majority vote won, here is our coherent, sensible plan that we had worked out from the day we started campaigning, surely."

The majority don't. The minority keep bitching on about it and throwing out insults before retreating back to the corner for a bit more thumb sucking.

I just want to get back on with life and enjoy it.

Birmingham Airport

"If what you say is true why do the majority feel they need to justify their actions? It's enough just to say the majority vote won, here is our coherent, sensible plan that we had worked out from the day we started campaigning, surely."

Good question. My answer to that is simple. The losing side is making so much noise, you'd think they won. As a result there seems to be what I call 'campaigning after the elections'. This is poisoning the air, making it difficult for the 'winners' to implement or get on with whatever great plans they have.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If what you say is true why do the majority feel they need to justify their actions? It's enough just to say the majority vote won, here is our coherent, sensible plan that we had worked out from the day we started campaigning, surely.

The majority don't. The minority keep bitching on about it and throwing out insults before retreating back to the corner for a bit more thumb sucking.

I just want to get back on with life and enjoy it."

Only a vociferous minority of the minority keep asking for justification. I'm tired of the hitching...from both sides. We need a plan and we need it fast.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If what you say is true why do the majority feel they need to justify their actions? It's enough just to say the majority vote won, here is our coherent, sensible plan that we had worked out from the day we started campaigning, surely.

Good question. My answer to that is simple. The losing side is making so much noise, you'd think they won. As a result there seems to be what I call 'campaigning after the elections'. This is poisoning the air, making it difficult for the 'winners' to implement or get on with whatever great plans they have."

What answers do they have? The bitching, division and fighting is a useful smoke screen. Nothing makes people easier to manipulate than a divided population.

Good question. My answer to that is simple. The losing side is making so much noise, you'd think they won. As a result there seems to be what I call 'campaigning after the elections'. This is poisoning the air, making it difficult for the 'winners' to implement or get on with whatever great plans they have."

Look at the SNP success after losing the Scottish referendum. Was that the hypocrisy of which you speak?

Farage stated that if the vote was 52/48 for remain he would be calling for another referendum. He made this call (or threat) before the count was anywhere near underway. So what's your point?

There's a lot of noise. It's early days. It will die down.

Good question. My answer to that is simple. The losing side is making so much noise, you'd think they won. As a result there seems to be what I call 'campaigning after the elections'. This is poisoning the air, making it difficult for the 'winners' to implement or get on with whatever great plans they have.

What answers do they have? The bitching, division and fighting is a useful smoke screen. Nothing makes people easier to manipulate than a divided population."

By *iscomanMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

We were once GREAT BRITAIN

AND WILL BE AGAIN

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN"

How do you propose to make this happen?

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

How is having a differing opinion rewriting the text books of governance and democracy?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"How is having a differing opinion rewriting the text books of governance and democracy?"

It's as if nobody ever argued about politics

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

How do you propose to make this happen?"

build a wall

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN"

You do know the Great refers to it being the largest of the British Isles?

The mythology of being great again seems to refer to a time when Britain was stripping countries of their assets and exploiting the people under the auspices of Empire.

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

How do you propose to make this happen? build a wall"

Can we get the Mexicans to pay for it?

Oops... Wrong political argument!

By *ust MonicaWoman  over a year ago

CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Not

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

How do you propose to make this happen? build a wall

Oops... Wrong political argument! "

The Mexican economy could soar if they corner the market in wall building.

Look at the SNP success after losing the Scottish referendum. Was that the hypocrisy of which you speak?

Farage stated that if the vote was 52/48 for remain he would be calling for another referendum. He made this call (or threat) before the count was anywhere near underway. So what's your point?

"

All the SNP figures they bandied about pre the referendum for independence were total crap given the oil price now. They now want another go so good luck if the Scots want to Vote in a massive recession ..

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

How do you propose to make this happen? build a wall

Oops... Wrong political argument!

The Mexican economy could soar if they corner the market in wall building.

"

Lol funny

The majority won, but it was only just a majority that means there is still a lot of people who lost.

Also, it's the enormity of the change, the implications of which will last for generations.

I'm not going to get into who's right or wrong.

If it was the right thing to do then great

But if it was the wrong thing then the consequences could be catastrophic.

People are worried, if your blind to the risk then you haven't understood the situation

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN"

Huzza! Ya boo sucks to Harry Hun!!

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I'm believed passionately in voting Remain. I think the UK public for it badly wrong, but I accept the vote and hope for a period of quiet to see whether this mess can be sorted. I don't want a second referendum.

However, if the result had been 52:48 for remain, do you seriously think the leave camp would have gone quietly? Farage himself had already said that result was "unfinished business" and there would have been stacks of stories about postal vote fraud, vote rigging and the scandal of extending the voting deadline.

It would have been like a David Icke forum on here for weeks.

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

"They now want another go so good luck if the Scots want to Vote in a massive recession .. "

I heard today that their own polling shows about 55 / 45 in favour now and apparently they won't go until they have consistently achieved 60 for a bit. Would that our leaders had had that much nouse.

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

How do you propose to make this happen?"

Great??

Potentially. ..

depends if those money grabbing mps can actually do the job they're paid to do, instead of raking it in whilst letting the EU do the work...

Obviously Cameron has already answered that question, who will grow a pair and take on the task??

Lewes

"

People are worried, if your blind to the risk then you haven't understood the situation

"

Risk? Don't you think we have gone a bit beyond that?

"I'm believed passionately in voting Remain. I think the UK public for it badly wrong, but I accept the vote and hope for a period of quiet to see whether this mess can be sorted. I don't want a second referendum.

However, if the result had been 52:48 for remain, do you seriously think the leave camp would have gone quietly? Farage himself had already said that result was "unfinished business" and there would have been stacks of stories about postal vote fraud, vote rigging and the scandal of extending the voting deadline.

It would have been like a David Icke forum on here for weeks."

The pencils would have gone down in political mythology. No mention of them now though

Birmingham Airport

"How is having a differing opinion rewriting the text books of governance and democracy?

It's as if nobody ever argued about politics "

The deed is done. The textbooks say, you eat humble pie and congratulate the winners. Next you wait for their next move or none move and THEN you advice and or criticise or if you wish, offer alternative avenues. Ya git da picture?

manchester & NI

"How is having a differing opinion rewriting the text books of governance and democracy?

The deed is done. The textbooks say, you eat humble pie and congratulate the winners. Next you wait for their next move or none move and THEN you advice and or criticise or if you wish, offer alternative avenues. Ya git da picture?"

No! Innit.

The deed is done. The textbooks say, you eat humble pie and congratulate the winners. Next you wait for their next move or none move and THEN you advice and or criticise or if you wish, offer alternative avenues. Ya git da picture?"

Eat humble pie? There was no right or wrong answer to this binary vote.

Birmingham Airport

The deed is done. The textbooks say, you eat humble pie and congratulate the winners. Next you wait for their next move or none move and THEN you advice and or criticise or if you wish, offer alternative avenues. Ya git da picture?

No! Innit. "

supposed to add bruv to that.

By *all and ChainWoman  over a year ago

Truro

"We scheme to take out leaders of countries we perceive to be corrupt. We invade countries that are not democratic and oust their leaders. We hold a referendum. The minority thinks the majority made a mistake. The minority thinks they did not educate/ convince the majority well enough. The minority is shaming the majority into justifying why they voted the way they did.

Who the fuck are these geniuses that want to rewrite the text books of governance and democracy?"

They are people who clearly do not believe in democracy my good man... QED.

And if I may point out your comment about invading countries that are NOT democratic and ousting their leaders, we actually have a very strong record of ousting democratically elected leaders.

The Shah of Iran was a democratically elected leader, women wore dresses and went to university and became doctors and lawyers, but of cours he had to go because we wanted OUR companies to run and control THEIR oil resources.

Or we could talk about the Ukraine, CIA funded coup so Joe Biden's son can be on the board of directors of half the new companies that have sprung up to, you guessed it, control THEIR resources.

Then we could talk about evil people like the russians and chinese, who dare to place their national borders near hundreds (literally) of US bases.

Then we have none other than Schults, president of the eu parliament, who also (in line with the whining bremain types) does not believe in democracy, as he just stated, quote "The British have violated the rules. It is not the EU philosophy that the crowd can decide its fate" end quote

And yet MP's + majority of UK public still fail to recognise a 95%+ referendum (independently monitored) by people in crimea to join Russia

Central

There wasn't a plan.

Central

"

It would have been like a David Icke forum on here for weeks."

You sure it's not going to be?

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

The mythology of being great again seems to refer to a time when Britain was stripping countries of their assets and exploiting the people under the auspices of Empire.

"

and the EU would never do that would it !!

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

I just want to get back on with life and enjoy it."

By *iscomanMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Fucking hell

Have I stirred the hornets nest with my first comment LOL LOL

FUCK THE POLITICAL CRAP it is all scaremongary lets just copulate and claim everything thing going

This means that I am talking the piss

Just enjoy life live today for tomorrow never comes (fact!!!!!!!)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There wasn't a plan."

Exactly!

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

"

This

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Where is the plan. I am anxious for the future of the UK and it's people

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Where is the plan. I am anxious for the future of the UK and it's people"

I've been wondering that since Friday morning. So far I've seen or heard nothing that looks like anybody was prepared for what happened. I apportion no blame to any section of the electorate but I do to the politicians, what in God's name are they thinking?

"Where is the plan. I am anxious for the future of the UK and it's people

I've been wondering that since Friday morning. So far I've seen or heard nothing that looks like anybody was prepared for what happened. I apportion no blame to any section of the electorate but I do to the politicians, what in God's name are they thinking?"

The issue was always that the campaigns on both sides were coalitions that would never and likely could never form an electable working coalition for government. No one can be elected to deliver all the promises of leave and because a lot of it was campaign rhetoric with no chance of being implemented there was never going to be a plan.

If we don't issue an Article 50 notice soon how long will the electorate wait? The next General election is now closer than 2020 and we face having no one ready to mount a campaign. Farage will finally get his much longed for seat by standing in Boston - he has the figures now for where the country will return UKIP candidates.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've been wondering that since Friday morning. So far I've seen or heard nothing that looks like anybody was prepared for what happened. I apportion no blame to any section of the electorate but I do to the politicians, what in God's name are they thinking?

The issue was always that the campaigns on both sides were coalitions that would never and likely could never form an electable working coalition for government. No one can be elected to deliver all the promises of leave and because a lot of it was campaign rhetoric with no chance of being implemented there was never going to be a plan.

If we don't issue an Article 50 notice soon how long will the electorate wait? The next General election is now closer than 2020 and we face having no one ready to mount a campaign. Farage will finally get his much longed for seat by standing in Boston - he has the figures now for where the country will return UKIP candidates.

"

Of everyone I've seen and heard recently Paul Nutall frightens me the most, much more than Nigel Farage.

Of everyone I've seen and heard recently Paul Nutall frightens me the most, much more than Nigel Farage."

Watch more like him appear on our screens as it becomes obvious an election is likely.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Of everyone I've seen and heard recently Paul Nutall frightens me the most, much more than Nigel Farage.

Watch more like him appear on our screens as it becomes obvious an election is likely."

I sincerely hope, in the nicest possible way that you're wrong. I don't think you are

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"

Clacton on Sea

[Removed by poster at 28/06/16 10:29:08]

West Wales and Cardiff

"

It would have been like a David Icke forum on here for weeks.

You sure it's not going to be? "

No, because although remain voters are certainly not letting it lie, there's few if any mentions of it being an unfair election.

Leave were constantly dropping mentions of postal vote rigging, saying that the extended deadline was unfair, making people bring their own pencils/pens etc.

I'm not actual being critical of leavers for gearing up to do that in the event of a disappointing, tight loss.

It's kinda natural. I just me it'd have been no different the other way around.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If raising genuine and obvious concerns about the complete and utter shambles we now have is whining then yeah fuck it..

Boris had no plan for what to do if he was initiating article 50 as his column yesterday clearly shows..

He certaintly has no plan for Cameron handing him the baby also..

The accepted result is done and dusted but don't expect anyone to look at how this country is now with the impact on the financial markets, Osborne and others saying there will be further cuts to people already facing cuts to services and higher taxation to make up the losses in tax revenues..

And the vile rise in racism is also not to be ignored or shush your whining, it's real for some people who others want to blame for anything and everything they can..

We sometimes have to go through bad times to achieve the good times but I doubt that this across the board in this country will be the case, some will gain but others will not..

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"Where is the plan. I am anxious for the future of the UK and it's people"

You're not alone.

London

I've been wondering that since Friday morning. So far I've seen or heard nothing that looks like anybody was prepared for what happened. I apportion no blame to any section of the electorate but I do to the politicians, what in God's name are they thinking?"

This!

Well the majority that voted brexit are from deprived areas. So it is hard for them to understand what is best for the country. Most academics and student wanted to be in. That explains alot, cos they think of the future.

London

"Well the majority that voted brexit are from deprived areas. So it is hard for them to understand what is best for the country. Most academics and student wanted to be in. That explains alot, cos they think of the future."

People I know who voted Brexit Shag are not from deprived areas or poor. They voted out because they were concerned about immigration.

The irony is these people are second/third generation immigrants who are now wondering what they've done as they voted out to protect their kids from those coming here wanting to force a way of life they're running from only to now be racially abused in the streets.

Some people take exception when you say it's like turkeys voting for Christmas, but that's the first thought that sprang to mind when they started lamenting.

Clacton on Sea

"Well the majority that voted brexit are from deprived areas. So it is hard for them to understand what is best for the country. Most academics and student wanted to be in. That explains alot, cos they think of the future."

Sad but true in this case, most won't know the true implications of their vote until it bites them on the arse, the leave campaign targeted their voters well.

By *dinMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

so that would be everyone outside London then? I love it how everyone is suddenly an expert on who the people are that voted out and how they are all obviously too stupid to understand or are just too poor to care

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

"

Yep, great wasn't it. We should do it again, ut did wonders for the country.

in Lancashire

Your wrong if you think that and your also very wrong if you think that people in deprived areas don't have a grasp on how the country and who is in power affect their lives, and your wrong on your last point to..

in Lancashire

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

Yep, great wasn't it. We should do it again, ut did wonders for the country."

Gunboat diplomacy only works when you have gunboats or ones bigger than those your trying to exploit

Brexit didn't have a plan. They weren't yrying to win, they werr just trying to jockey themselves into position to have a crack at being the next Prime minister and chancellor.

Shameless greedy cunts.

By *dinMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

Yep, great wasn't it. We should do it again, ut did wonders for the country."

you have obviously been indoctrinated into the left wing school of thinking about how everything the British Empire did was bad - there are two sides to every coin and much of the legacy that the Empire left behind was a fantastic platform from which a number of countries have grown.

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

you have obviously been indoctrinated into the left wing school of thinking about how everything the British Empire did was bad - there are two sides to every coin and much of the legacy that the Empire left behind was a fantastic platform from which a number of countries have grown."

Weird that the rest of the world doesn't see it that way. They must be really slow!

"Well the majority that voted brexit are from deprived areas. So it is hard for them to understand what is best for the country. Most academics and student wanted to be in. That explains alot, cos they think of the future.

Sad but true in this case, most won't know the true implications of their vote until it bites them on the arse, the leave campaign targeted their voters well."

Clacton on Sea

"Brexit didn't have a plan. They weren't yrying to win, they werr just trying to jockey themselves into position to have a crack at being the next Prime minister and chancellor.

Shameless greedy cunts."

Yes Boris worked it well and as much as i don't like Cameron it was sad to see his old friend do what he did, the fact he is disloyal should fuck him up with his party...i hope.

6 months from now when Great Britain ain't any greater we can ask ourselves why we voted out, the leave party have now got to get credibility quickly & do some of the things promised...but don't hold your breath as they ain't got a clue.

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

you have obviously been indoctrinated into the left wing school of thinking about how everything the British Empire did was bad - there are two sides to every coin and much of the legacy that the Empire left behind was a fantastic platform from which a number of countries have grown."

What are you on about? Read my post again. I'm all for exploiting others. I don't mind being insulted but being called left wing is overstepping the mark

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"......

All the SNP figures they bandied about pre the referendum for independence were total crap given the oil price now. They now want another go so good luck if the Scots want to Vote in a massive recession .. "

As in like... good luck to the Brexiters for voting in a recession?

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

Get real It wasn't a huge majority and referendum in an.exercise in public

opinion

Why shouldn't they question the motives of those who voted out ..it maybe the important issues to the brexiters was their belief the economy would prosper or immigration was the overriding factor or their belief self determination was it ..could be they wanted rid of Cameron or the tories and didn't care how it was done you're assuming all outers wanted out ..

"Ffs get a life

What Will be will be

AND WILL BE AGAIN

I was born in the Empire. It's a subject I know quite well. I am not saying that some things left behind have not continued to be used and countries have grown from it. BUT, I also know about the cost of that.

It's funny that those who voted out and also claim it's to make Britain 'great' again seem to think Empire and subjugating others was a good thing.

Indenture only ended in the Empire in 1917 - 99 years since Britain stopped owning people.

manchester & NI

"......

All the SNP figures they bandied about pre the referendum for independence were total crap given the oil price now. They now want another go so good luck if the Scots want to Vote in a massive recession ..

As in like... good luck to the Brexiters for voting in a recession?"

Did you hear Farage on Sunday?

He said we'd probably have another recession but that in no way, absolutely no way, would it be related to Brexit.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"......

As in like... good luck to the Brexiters for voting in a recession?

Did you hear Farage on Sunday?

He said we'd probably have another recession but that in no way, absolutely no way, would it be related to Brexit.

"

The issue revolves around the single market. We can exist outside of the EU, others do so and we could too. Not being part of the single market would be extremely damaging to the UK economy and that is fairly undisputed.

We are told that access to single market will involve a fee (about what we pay now) and freedom of movement (exactly what we have now). If the Brexit team are unable to sway the EU from that default position and therefore insist that the UK also leaves the single market then a recession like we have not seen before WILL happen.

In reality, even the Brexit team would not be so stupid as to land us with that and even if they did no UK parliament - Commons or Lords - would sanction a move that would consign the country to destitution.

The news has this morning reported that Vodafone are considering moving its HQ from the uk to give it better access to the EU.

I don't think it will take all of the 13000 jobs it currently provides.

Lewes

"the leave party....ain't got a clue."

What? Didn't they just win a referendum?

They made more than 50% of the electorate vote against their future - against the advice of just about everyone?

I would say they have lots of clues.

It was this sort of complacency that got us here. Wake up please.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

"the leave party....ain't got a clue.

They made more than 50% of the electorate vote against their future - against the advice of just about everyone?

It was this sort of complacency that got us here. Wake up please."

Think you need to wake up and smell the coffee the leave campaign have plan for withdrawing from the EU they have created an unstable condition in the UK purely based on their ideological dreams with out a clue how to obtain them .. Friday morning their plan should have been put into operation why wasn't it !!!!! Because they havnt got one !!!!!!!!!!!

"the leave party....ain't got a clue.

It was this sort of complacency that got us here. Wake up please."

Considering the leave campaign was hardly articulate or convincing it makes me wonder what it was that persuaded more than half the voting population to select that as a course of action.

Whether you agree with this choice or not it's actually quite remarkable.

West Wales and Cardiff

I honestly think 52% of the voters made the wrong decision. I don't think if remain had won with 52% the leavers would be thinking the right decision was made because there was a majority.

I do respect the leave side won though and don't want another referendum. The people of the UK have spoken. Wrongly in my view, but you have to respect their decision.

Now get on with it. There'll be no using the EU as an excuse once we're gone, so we can get a real picture of how well our politicians are doing.

Interesting times

"I honestly think 52% of the voters made the wrong decision. I don't think if remain had won with 52% the leavers would be thinking the right decision was made because there was a majority.

I do respect the leave side won though and don't want another referendum. The people of the UK have spoken. Wrongly in my view, but you have to respect their decision.

Now get on with it. There'll be no using the EU as an excuse once we're gone, so we can get a real picture of how well our politicians are doing.

Interesting times

"

I'm really interested in seeing how this turns out, I guess we will see if we are better or worse off. If we are better off I'll happily eat my words. If we are worse if I can't promise I won't say I told you so.

Lewes

"

Think you need to wake up and smell the coffee the leave campaign have plan for withdrawing from the EU they have created an unstable condition in the UK purely based on their ideological dreams with out a clue how to obtain them .. Friday morning their plan should have been put into operation why wasn't it !!!!! Because they havnt got one !!!!!!!!!!!"

I didn't say they had a clue about what to do _now_. I just said that they have manipulated the British public brilliantly. I don't know what will happen next, but I really doubt that another referendum will get a different result.

Lewes

"I honestly think 52% of the voters made the wrong decision. I don't think if remain had won with 52% the leavers would be thinking the right decision was made because there was a majority.

Interesting times

"

Bang on. I just hope to whatever God there is that this doesn't cost the Union.

[Removed by poster at 29/06/16 19:16:12]

On the show now, they are interviewing few british living in spain, alicante and they would seek spanish citizenship as they say life there is much better than the uk and one said the health care is second to none.

» Add a new message to this topic