FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Corbyn.....

Corbyn.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just stupid and arrogant or he's jumbo sized super bollocks?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I think you mean Farage?

Glastonbury

"I think you mean Farage?"

Corbyn's an old-fashioned, clueless leftie.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

He knows where his support is.

The Blairites want him out before the chilcott report is published

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

I like the guy, I think his party should be ashamed of themselves what they are doing at a time they should have come together and put a strong oppisition to conservatives whilst they are in disarray.

I hope he stays and the members vote him in again if there is a leadership battle.

Glastonbury

"I like the guy, I think his party should be ashamed of themselves what they are doing at a time they should have come together and put a strong oppisition to conservatives whilst they are in disarray.

I hope he stays and the members vote him in again if there is a leadership battle."

I like the guy too... but he won't win an election

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Westminster bubble v electorate

liverpool

"I like the guy, I think his party should be ashamed of themselves what they are doing at a time they should have come together and put a strong oppisition to conservatives whilst they are in disarray.

I hope he stays and the members vote him in again if there is a leadership battle.

I like the guy too... but he won't win an election"

maybe not now the way the party as a whole has behaved.

but I was actually going to vote labour for the first time the next election and that was because I like corbyn and his _iews.

(Getting rid of trident for one).

Will I vote labour now probably not...100% I willl not if its somone other than corbyn.

labour dont stand a change I suppose in next election and thats not because of jeremy but because of the back stabbing and shameful behaviour of the rest of the party.

they seen that cameron resigned and possible new election round the corner a few years early and they smelled blood and turned on tbeir leader so one of their blarite friends could take over.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

but I was actually going to vote labour for the first time the next election and that was because I like corbyn and his _iews.

Will I vote labour now probably not...100% I willl not if its somone other than corbyn.

labour dont stand a change I suppose in next election and thats not because of jeremy but because of the back stabbing and shameful behaviour of the rest of the party.

they seen that cameron resigned and possible new election round the corner a few years early and they smelled blood and turned on tbeir leader so one of their blarite friends could take over.

"

This is why, whatever happens to Corbyn, the Blairites must go. Corbyn managed to increase Labour Party membership and seems to appeal to those (and there are lots of them) who feel disenfranchised and do not vote.

liverpool

This is why, whatever happens to Corbyn, the Blairites must go. Corbyn managed to increase Labour Party membership and seems to appeal to those (and there are lots of them) who feel disenfranchised and do not vote. "

totally agree

I'd love to see him try and stay on but not because I'm a labour supporter.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

He is a nice man, and principled,

But utterly unable to command the respect, or to summon the decisiveness required if a party leader, or a Prime minister.

I have no doubt at all that he is principled, I think he is proving that. It is looking more like arrogant stubbornness though. All the same I hope he hangs on as long as possible.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think without JC the party is screwed.

We don't trust the blarites maybe its time to clear the lot out and decide what the party does and who it represents in the future.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"He knows where his support is.

The Blairites want him out before the chilcott report is published "

Unfortunately Corbyn’s support is solely in about 60% of the Labour party membership. It certainly isn’t with the majority of people that Corbyn would need to support him if he was ever to want to win a General Election.

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

"I think without JC the party is screwed.

We don't trust the blarites maybe its time to clear the lot out and decide what the party does and who it represents in the future."

Agreed.

But sod the PLP, the party elected him as leader. it's about time they stopped being cunts. The middle ground won't be coming back, and if they lose the traditional working class support completely, then the party will be dead.

Cambridge

"I think without JC the party is screwed.

We don't trust the blarites maybe its time to clear the lot out and decide what the party does and who it represents in the future."

With him, the party is screwed. You might not like the Blairites, but remember Blair won three general elections. The country needs a strong Labour party that can offer a stiff opposition, and then become a party of government. Corbyn hasn’t offered a credible opposition, and the country won’t vote for him as PM.

Halifax

Don't you think part of that is down to him refusing to be put in to the pockets of the Press though. That ought to be a good thing. I know I'm being politically naive here, but if we just go along with accepting that the only candidates/partys who are electable are the ones deemed/portrayed as electable by the press then there really is no hope for democracy as it stands.

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

Why is eveyone so hung up on Blairites? We blame the press for so much, but actually many supposed labour posters seem to deny that labour can be anything other than the SWP. The last labour governments, including under Blair did huge amounts for our country. If we fail to have an electable alternative to the Conservatives, then it will be our own fault.

JC is NOT electable. He should stand down and let the party choose someone that is going to appeal to the majority, and who actually has some backbone, not just stubbornness.

Unfortunately Corbyn’s support is solely in about 60% of the Labour party membership. It certainly isn’t with the majority of people that Corbyn would need to support him if he was ever to want to win a General Election."

Yeah replace him chucka..

Let's see how that works out

Chudleigh

Unfortunately Corbyn’s support is solely in about 60% of the Labour party membership. It certainly isn’t with the majority of people that Corbyn would need to support him if he was ever to want to win a General Election..

Yeah replace him chucka..

Let's see how that works out "

Lets have a choice and pick someone who has the ability to lead the party and perhaps lead the country soon. Having an inadequate opposition never leads to the right things happening in government - and JC is as inadequate as they get.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

He has good core values but lacks the charisma needed to lead and take people with him.......

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

JC has to go. Labour needs a strong leader to take on (presumably) Boris. Boris would destroy him.

I liked Corbyn and his politics a lot, but the stories about how he and his team effectively sabotaged the Remain effort have really soured me on him.

Chudleigh

"JC has to go. Labour needs a strong leader to take on (presumably) Boris. Boris would destroy him.

I liked Corbyn and his politics a lot, but the stories about how he and his team effectively sabotaged the Remain effort have really soured me on him."

As Cameron said of his support on the Remain campaign "if that was him putting his back into it, i'd hate to see him when he isn't trying"

He is an embarassment & makes me want to vote Liberal rather than Labour.

The mans arrogance is breathtaking, he is only in this for Jeremy Corbyn...Not for the good of the Labour party he represents.......so sad x

I'm sick of hearing that this is Blarites vs Membership.

It's actally ordinary decent Labour Party members vs a highly organised Militant threat.

Chudleigh

"I'm sick of hearing that this is Blarites vs Membership.

It's actally ordinary decent Labour Party members vs a highly organised Militant threat."

Totally agree with you, momentum is not Labour

"Just stupid and arrogant or he's jumbo sized super bollocks?"

He has a big bush!!!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Angela Eagle will announce her challenge tomorrow..

Chudleigh

"Angela Eagle will announce her challenge tomorrow.."

It would be more dignified if he resigned and realised why it was for the right reason!

in Lancashire

"Angela Eagle will announce her challenge tomorrow..

It would be more dignified if he resigned and realised why it was for the right reason!"

tend to agree, ch4 news reported that Tom Watson tried to explain to him why for the parties sake he should now go but he was not for listening..

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

It would be more dignified if he resigned and realised why it was for the right reason!

tend to agree, ch4 news reported that Tom Watson tried to explain to him why for the parties sake he should now go but he was not for listening.."

If Corbyn decides to stay as leader and fight a leadership challenge and he wins I can see the Labour party splitting in two.

Chudleigh

tend to agree, ch4 news reported that Tom Watson tried to explain to him why for the parties sake he should now go but he was not for listening..

If Corbyn decides to stay as leader and fight a leadership challenge and he wins I can see the Labour party splitting in two. "

But who gets to keep the name

If Corbyn decides to stay as leader and fight a leadership challenge and he wins I can see the Labour party splitting in two.

But who gets to keep the name "

Split it. One party can be called 'Lab' the other 'Our'.

Chudleigh

But who gets to keep the name

Split it. One party can be called 'Lab' the other 'Our'. "

Liking your style!

Newbury

"Why is eveyone so hung up on Blairites? We blame the press for so much, but actually many supposed labour posters seem to deny that labour can be anything other than the SWP. The last labour governments, including under Blair did huge amounts for our country. If we fail to have an electable alternative to the Conservatives, then it will be our own fault.

"

Did they bollocks!

Blair and Brown were a disgrace to the name "labour". They had no business being in the labour party and their agenda towards normal, working people mirrors that of the tories.

To compare those corbynites to the SWP is laughable.

Chudleigh

"Why is eveyone so hung up on Blairites? We blame the press for so much, but actually many supposed labour posters seem to deny that labour can be anything other than the SWP. The last labour governments, including under Blair did huge amounts for our country. If we fail to have an electable alternative to the Conservatives, then it will be our own fault.

Did they bollocks!

Blair and Brown were a disgrace to the name "labour". They had no business being in the labour party and their agenda towards normal, working people mirrors that of the tories.

To compare those corbynites to the SWP is laughable. "

If you look at it from centre left, then my point stands. If you look at it from left of left then JC probably seems right wing. Given that the majority of the population will vote centre left, this party is doomed unless it gets rid of JC. The 'members' do not vote the party in, the electorate do - this is what JC and his accolites have missed. The purpose of the Labour Party is to get into Government and improve society - not become an irrelevant protest movement...

Newbury

Did they bollocks!

If you look at it from centre left, then my point stands. If you look at it from left of left then JC probably seems right wing. Given that the majority of the population will vote centre left, this party is doomed unless it gets rid of JC. The 'members' do not vote the party in, the electorate do - this is what JC and his accolites have missed. The purpose of the Labour Party is to get into Government and improve society - not become an irrelevant protest movement..."

JC is hardly whnat you'd call "hrd left", and as far as I see it, Blair and Brown did not get into power to improve society, they got into power to improve life for the wealthy, they are pretty much indistinguishable from the tories.

As far as I am concerned there is no point in having a two-party system, where the two parties are more or less the same.

I think that JC (or similar) might actually surprise some people because he appeals to the disenfranchised (such as myself), and may gain votes from people who don't usually vote or have never voted before.

Chudleigh

Did they bollocks!

If you look at it from centre left, then my point stands. If you look at it from left of left then JC probably seems right wing. Given that the majority of the population will vote centre left, this party is doomed unless it gets rid of JC. The 'members' do not vote the party in, the electorate do - this is what JC and his accolites have missed. The purpose of the Labour Party is to get into Government and improve society - not become an irrelevant protest movement...

JC is hardly whnat you'd call "hrd left", and as far as I see it, Blair and Brown did not get into power to improve society, they got into power to improve life for the wealthy, they are pretty much indistinguishable from the tories.

As far as I am concerned there is no point in having a two-party system, where the two parties are more or less the same.

I think that JC (or similar) might actually surprise some people because he appeals to the disenfranchised (such as myself), and may gain votes from people who don't usually vote or have never voted before. "

I'm guessing your not centre left then? JC is a serial protest politician and that is fine, but he has delivered the square root of FA in the 9 months he has run the Labour Party. So do we go further left? History tells us that this leads to yet more years in the wilderness and further irrelevance. Their are not enough disenfranchised people in the UK for JC to be electable. Labour tried this in the 70's & we got Maggie!

Newbury

So far:

- Added hundreds of thousands of new members to the Labour Party

- Reversal of 4.4bn of Tory welfare cuts

- Forced abandonment of Tory budget

- Won 4 mayoral elections

- Stopped furthe disabilty benefit cuts

- Fire Brigade union re-affiliated to Labour

and so on.

Chudleigh

"So far:

and so on.

"

The £3 members are a protest vote, not down to JC

All the rest except the Fire Brigade union were down to the Tories buggering it up. If only JC had actually been any good we might not have Brexit!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"So far:

and so on.

All the rest except the Fire Brigade union were down to the Tories buggering it up. If only JC had actually been any good we might not have Brexit! "

The disability benefits cuts were stopped by Ian Duncan Smith resigning.

Chudleigh

"So far:

and so on.

All the rest except the Fire Brigade union were down to the Tories buggering it up. If only JC had actually been any good we might not have Brexit!

The disability benefits cuts were stopped by Ian Duncan Smith resigning. "

Now be careful, we need Momentum to re-write history first!

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

You want the tories to win the next election then,must be a right winger

"

Don't agree with his politics but got to admire his resolve.

Chudleigh

"Don't agree with his politics but got to admire his resolve."

Shame he's not more like Roy Hodgson...., he was as effective

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Don't agree with his politics but got to admire his resolve.

Shame he's not more like Roy Hodgson...., he was as effective "

Halifax

"The mans arrogance is breathtaking, he is only in this for Jeremy Corbyn...Not for the good of the Labour party he represents.......so sad x"

Au contraire.

The PLP don't through self interest. The party does.

And they represent(literally)the party.

He sticks to what he believes in. The fuckers in the party are the ones in it for themselves.

The longer he carries on the worst it will be. He may well think he has the support of the party members. Even if this is true the grass roots won't put up with this for long. When the large majority of labour mps don't support or have confidence in the leader then the leader can't hope to lead. You either change the leader or change all the MPs. Changing leader is far easier and hugely less damaging. The amount of damage done is massive already and grows with every passing hour.

Chudleigh

"The longer he carries on the worst it will be. He may well think he has the support of the party members. Even if this is true the grass roots won't put up with this for long. When the large majority of labour mps don't support or have confidence in the leader then the leader can't hope to lead. You either change the leader or change all the MPs. Changing leader is far easier and hugely less damaging. The amount of damage done is massive already and grows with every passing hour. "

agreed the problem is JC has never actually been a Labour supporter...

"The longer he carries on the worst it will be. He may well think he has the support of the party members. Even if this is true the grass roots won't put up with this for long. When the large majority of labour mps don't support or have confidence in the leader then the leader can't hope to lead. You either change the leader or change all the MPs. Changing leader is far easier and hugely less damaging. The amount of damage done is massive already and grows with every passing hour.

agreed the problem is JC has never actually been a Labour supporter..."

I'd agree he's not or ever has been a "new labour" supporter. Old labour, oh yes...

Chudleigh

"The longer he carries on the worst it will be. He may well think he has the support of the party members. Even if this is true the grass roots won't put up with this for long. When the large majority of labour mps don't support or have confidence in the leader then the leader can't hope to lead. You either change the leader or change all the MPs. Changing leader is far easier and hugely less damaging. The amount of damage done is massive already and grows with every passing hour.

agreed the problem is JC has never actually been a Labour supporter...

I'd agree he's not or ever has been a "new labour" supporter. Old labour, oh yes..."

omg! that worked

It did?

Chudleigh

"It did?"

...on the dark side of the moon, maybe!

You should give it a whirl sometime. Its beyond compression

Chudleigh

"You should give it a whirl sometime. Its beyond compression "

i'll send JC up first!

Sorry but we are going out for a very long time...

Chudleigh

"Sorry but we are going out for a very long time..."

he won't mind, he's got nothing else to do...

I've heard mars is quite nice.. We are moving!

Chudleigh

"I've heard mars is quite nice.. We are moving!"

the thing is Matt Damon did such a brilliant job, so maybe Uranus would be better for JC...

"I've heard mars is quite nice.. We are moving!

the thing is Matt Damon did such a brilliant job, so maybe Uranus would be better for JC..."

Cheap shot.. its beneath you x

Chudleigh

the thing is Matt Damon did such a brilliant job, so maybe Uranus would be better for JC...

Cheap shot.. its beneath you x"

it is late, but you make a fair point - maybe alfa centauri instead then!

Cheap shot.. its beneath you x

it is late, but you make a fair point - maybe alfa centauri instead then! "

Yeah that's fine, not been or going!

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Isn't it funny how in a time when the nation should be pulling together, the politicians are just showing themselves up to be the true slimy, back stabbing shitbags that they really are. I can't imagine what it must be like, sitting amonst that pit of snakes, all poised to bite eachother in the back and spread their poison across eachother, before eating themselves. These people are supposed to be running are country ffs, scummy bunch of self serving arsewipes.

Chudleigh

seems a tad harsh. most MPs that ive met have been genuinely keen to serve their constituencies and the country. & also look across political boundaries at a local level.

you may have had different personal experiences, but this does not resonate with me.

"

This is why, whatever happens to Corbyn, the Blairites must go. Corbyn managed to increase Labour Party membership and seems to appeal to those (and there are lots of them) who feel disenfranchised and do not vote. "

A few observations IMHO.

The increase in "membership" is a fallacy. What Cirbyn generated were mostly £3 voting right "supporters". These are NOT party members. Many from his far left friends in the SWP etc.

he will NOT resign. As current leader he is automatically on the ballot paper for any leadership challenge. If he resigns then it's an open contes and would need 25% of MPs/MEPs to get on the ballot. It won't happen.

Cameron told him to go! Because he knows that means he wont!

Under current party election rules he likely will get back...probably reduced majority, but back either way. Result...labour slaughtered in next election?

His illusion of being "a man of principles" is shot! We all know he has always supported the out of Europe argument. He was "persuaded" by advisors to go with the remain side, but everyone could see he wasn't comfortable with that. Had he actually gone with leave, stuck with his principles, there would have been a more decisive out vote, and he would be looking like the leader who called it right. Would have massively increased his credibility and strength and would NOT be in the mess he and the party are now....massive cock-up, and he knows it!

"So far:

and so on.

"

Jim, this is revisionist I'm afraid. None of the four mayors won on a Corbynista ticket - in the current way of things this means they must be "Blairites" and be taken out and shot.

The extremism of Corbyn supporters on SM is horrifying.

"So far:

and so on.

Jim, this is revisionist I'm afraid. None of the four mayors won on a Corbynista ticket - in the current way of things this means they must be "Blairites" and be taken out and shot.

The extremism of Corbyn supporters on SM is horrifying."

There's a picture going viral at present of an old woman, surrounded by grinning young people, wearing a T-shirt stating "Exterminate the Blairite Vermin".

This is no better than Ukip or Britain First imo. I'm utterly sickened that such people have taken over our party.

It's the old "militant tendency " that destroyed the party in the 80's under the leadership of Dereck Hatton......

Not all, but a huge number, of his "supporters" are Marxist, Trotskyists, SWP members etc. Some very extreme _iews!

Chudleigh

"So far:

and so on.

There's a picture going viral at present of an old woman, surrounded by grinning young people, wearing a T-shirt stating "Exterminate the Blairite Vermin".

This is no better than Ukip or Britain First imo. I'm utterly sickened that such people have taken over our party. "

So agree with you

in Lancashire

"So far:

and so on.

This is no better than Ukip or Britain First imo. I'm utterly sickened that such people have taken over our party. "

this..

Cambridge

"It's the old "militant tendency " that destroyed the party in the 80's under the leadership of Dereck Hatton......

Not all, but a huge number, of his "supporters" are Marxist, Trotskyists, SWP members etc. Some very extreme _iews!"

His biggest supporter, closest ally and shadow Chancellor waved Mao's little red book in the house of commons!!!!!!!!!

Cambridge

"Isn't it funny how in a time when the nation should be pulling together, the politicians are just showing themselves up to be the true slimy, back stabbing shitbags that they really are. I can't imagine what it must be like, sitting amonst that pit of snakes, all poised to bite eachother in the back and spread their poison across eachother, before eating themselves. These people are supposed to be running are country ffs, scummy bunch of self serving arsewipes.

"

It's sad that we haven't toned down the rhetoric since Jo Cox's murder.

The longer he stays the worst it gets.. I'm no labour supporter at all and the longer he stays the better it is for me. The guy is a nuke sat under a political party

"Isn't it funny how in a time when the nation should be pulling together, the politicians are just showing themselves up to be the true slimy, back stabbing shitbags that they really are. I can't imagine what it must be like, sitting amonst that pit of snakes, all poised to bite eachother in the back and spread their poison across eachother, before eating themselves. These people are supposed to be running are country ffs, scummy bunch of self serving arsewipes.

It's sad that we haven't toned down the rhetoric since Jo Cox's murder. "

I'd like for everyone to leave jo Cox out of this and everything else.

Chudleigh

It was good to see Shami Chakrabarti's report being fully supported by JC. Unfortunately he let himself down, and the Labour Party, by comparing Israel to IS/Daesh at the press conference.

The man can't even help himself

Rumours now circulating that he'll be resigning later today

Cambridge

"It was good to see Shami Chakrabarti's report being fully supported by JC. Unfortunately he let himself down, and the Labour Party, by comparing Israel to IS/Daesh at the press conference.

The man can't even help himself "

It didn't go well for him today did it? Ruth Smeeth being attacked and having to leave undefended by Corbyn.

Chudleigh

"It was good to see Shami Chakrabarti's report being fully supported by JC. Unfortunately he let himself down, and the Labour Party, by comparing Israel to IS/Daesh at the press conference.

The man can't even help himself

It didn't go well for him today did it? Ruth Smeeth being attacked and having to leave undefended by Corbyn. "

He is shocking!

I really didn't believe that anti-semitism was an issue. Sadly, I have been disabused of that notion over the past few days.

Chudleigh

"I really didn't believe that anti-semitism was an issue. Sadly, I have been disabused of that notion over the past few days."

He is such a wet blanket, he is allowing himself to be hearded by spin doctors and hiding behind spokespeople. Unless in front of his own sycophants.

» Add a new message to this topic