FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit: won't happen

Brexit: won't happen

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With people like david lammy and jeremy hunt the.. C*nt .. Cameron leaving the tiller swinging in the storm, democracy will be pushed to one side?.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is this a fantasy thread

or a place to dream

"or a place to dream "
ok.. Just asking.. Because it has been mooted that it can be overturned by parliamentry shinanigans? Educate me lol

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"or a place to dream ok.. Just asking.. Because it has been mooted that it can be overturned by parliamentry shinanigans? Educate me lol "

There is nothing to be 'overturned'

The referendum wasn't legislation.

If that ever happened, would you ever vote again

Elections? referendums? any political vote?

what would be the bloody point

"or a place to dream ok.. Just asking.. Because it has been mooted that it can be overturned by parliamentry shinanigans? Educate me lol

The referendum wasn't legislation. "

therefore not binding

By *anchestercubMan  over a year ago

manchester & NI

"or a place to dream ok.. Just asking.. Because it has been mooted that it can be overturned by parliamentry shinanigans? Educate me lol

The referendum wasn't legislation. therefore not binding"

I know, that's why many people have stated it may not actually happen.

The referendum was only advisory.

Now personally I can't imagine they'd ignore the vote but they might do.

Or they might have a 2nd referendum on whatever deal is had.

The referendum wasn't legislation. therefore not binding

I know, that's why many people have stated it may not actually happen.

The referendum was only advisory.

Now personally I can't imagine they'd ignore the vote but they might do.

Or they might have a 2nd referendum on whatever deal is had. "

yea sozz .. Missed the ? At end.. So.. All this fighting, news coverage and hysteria for what could be nothing then.. Lol.. Would be better to have a custard pie fight!

The referendum wasn't legislation. therefore not binding"

stop it; its not going to happen, we have voted to exit the EU and that's it, things will be put in place to carry this through

more rumours here than women working in a factory

fingers crossed and all that

The referendum wasn't legislation. therefore not binding

stop it; its not going to happen, we have voted to exit the EU and that's it, things will be put in place to carry this through

more rumours here than women working in a factory"

Question is - if we want to have access to the single market - we must allow free movement of people/labour.

Since the one of the more prominent issues for many was European immigration, how has brexiting solved this 'problem'....?

Hopefully ukip voters and in particular those who are anti immigration realise this....

The Polish and Romanians aren't going anywhere - and we may even welcome some Turks in the coming years!

Might as well have left things as they were!

All this so Farage could make a big speech..??

Brexit will be done, at least in name, but it won't make any difference. Everything will be so watered down that to the person in the street it won't be noticeable.

Then over the years, we will implement laws that will be similar to Europe, Europe will change as new governments come in. We will change as what is the young generation take over the politics.

Eventually we will go back into a changed EU, probably adopting whatever currency they have.

And it will happen in my life time....

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"If that ever happened, would you ever vote again

what would be the bloody point"

Not to mention the riots that would probably follow if the politicians decided not to follow the referendum result you are absolutely correct....there would either be a massive swing to UKIP or nobody would bother to vote again.

Not to mention the riots that would probably follow if the politicians decided not to follow the referendum result you are absolutely correct....there would either be a massive swing to UKIP or nobody would bother to vote again."

agreed. You could even see a UKIP government. Is that what Remainers want?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 29/06/16 08:15:45]

North West

Not to mention the riots that would probably follow if the politicians decided not to follow the referendum result you are absolutely correct....there would either be a massive swing to UKIP or nobody would bother to vote again.

agreed. You could even see a UKIP government. Is that what Remainers want?"

The referendum was about EU Membership and nothing more than that.

The Brexit team made access to the single market a big part of their pitch. They assured everyone that the country will not have to make large payments to the EU and not have to accept free movement.

If the Brexit team can deliver on their single market assurances then that would be a result. I doubt it and most remain voters doubted it because of the statements made by the EU in the referendum build up. It would be economic suicide for the UK to leave the single market and I find it difficult to imagine that any politician of any persuasion would support the UK departing the single market.

The Brexit team made access to the single market a big part of their pitch. They assured everyone that the country will not have to make large payments to the EU and not have to accept free movement.

If the Brexit team can deliver on their single market assurances then that would be a result. I doubt it and most remain voters doubted it because of the statements made by the EU in the referendum build up. It would be economic suicide for the UK to leave the single market and I find it difficult to imagine that any politician of any persuasion would support the UK departing the single market."

didn't Gove say he wanted out of the single market?

If the Brexit team can deliver on their single market assurances then that would be a result. I doubt it and most remain voters doubted it because of the statements made by the EU in the referendum build up. It would be economic suicide for the UK to leave the single market and I find it difficult to imagine that any politician of any persuasion would support the UK departing the single market."

If the Brexit team can deliver on their single market assurances then that would be a result. I doubt it and most remain voters doubted it because of the statements made by the EU in the referendum build up. It would be economic suicide for the UK to leave the single market and I find it difficult to imagine that any politician of any persuasion would support the UK departing the single market. "

Farage "we will negotiate single market access without freedom of movement"

Every other MEP " "

If we negotiate out of free movement, tariffs and manage access to the single market then I'll purchase a hat to eat

If the Brexit team can deliver on their single market assurances then that would be a result. I doubt it and most remain voters doubted it because of the statements made by the EU in the referendum build up. It would be economic suicide for the UK to leave the single market and I find it difficult to imagine that any politician of any persuasion would support the UK departing the single market.

Every other MEP " "

If we negotiate out of free movement, tariffs and manage access to the single market then I'll purchase a hat to eat "

A)

Where are all the 'we need to control our borders and reduce immigration' leavers gone...??

B)

What did UKIP and Farage actually achieve..??

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

Every other MEP " "

If we negotiate out of free movement, tariffs and manage access to the single market then I'll purchase a hat to eat

A)

Where are all the 'we need to control our borders and reduce immigration' leavers gone...??

B)

What did UKIP and Farage actually achieve..??"

They achieved destabilizing the UK economy in readiness for a diy recession after a brexit deal is accepted ..

Right now I would say there's a 50/50 chance it won't be implemented it depends on who becomes the next prime minister. Also important to note the way the party will vote on this bearing in mind the next general election too. There's a lot to play for before article 50 is invoked. There's growing evidence from some credible constitutional law types that if it hasn't been triggered by now then it won't be. Our next prime minister will need to be a healer, he/she won't achieve that by dividing us further.

"Right now I would say there's a 50/50 chance it won't be implemented it depends on who becomes the next prime minister. Also important to note the way the party will vote on this bearing in mind the next general election too. There's a lot to play for before article 50 is invoked. There's growing evidence from some credible constitutional law types that if it hasn't been triggered by now then it won't be. Our next prime minister will need to be a healer, he/she won't achieve that by dividing us further. "
well said

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

"

A)

B)

What did UKIP and Farage actually achieve..??"

A) They are either being racist on the streets, or are hiding because they realise they legitimised such behaviour. Hopefully all the ones on this site are in the second category as they favour love over war.

B) Nothing much. (Arguably) Tanked the UK economy; split the country in two halves which probably won't heal for a while; send shock waves through Europe that may result in the strengthening of the Front National and other populist / nationalist parties and the break-up of the EU. Then went to Brussels and gloated. Tosser.

By *issing in actionWoman  over a year ago

Llanelli

I don't think either party will want to be the one to take us into a recession, so I think there'll be a general election as soon as the conservatives appoint a new leader, labour will replace Corbyn with a more convincing europhille leader and stand on a remain manifesto, and we'll have an unofficial 2nd referendum that way.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

".

didn't Gove say he wanted out of the single market?"

see... and this is why some of the "48%" are frustrasted... bear with me...

gove say he wants out...

johnson says he wants in....

farage says envoke article 50 now...

johnson, gove say dont envoke article 50 now

and thats just the basics....

all i'd like now is a coherent plan... just the one will do.....

hello left hand... oooh whats ya right hand doing... sorry! what was that? don't know! what do you mean you don't know...

".

gove say he wants out...

hello left hand... oooh whats ya right hand doing... sorry! what was that? don't know! what do you mean you don't know... "

agreed brexit has become a very hot potato indeed ! no one wants to grasp it and move it forwards cos they cant agree on the way fwd so guess its QED

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Right now I would say there's a 50/50 chance it won't be implemented it depends on who becomes the next prime minister. Also important to note the way the party will vote on this bearing in mind the next general election too. There's a lot to play for before article 50 is invoked. There's growing evidence from some credible constitutional law types that if it hasn't been triggered by now then it won't be. Our next prime minister will need to be a healer, he/she won't achieve that by dividing us further. "

the last line for me is the most important, in 5 or 10 years time to look back and see that yes Brexit has been implemented fully, partially or indeed not been implemented and the social fabric of this country has been torn asunder will never have been worth it.

".

gove say he wants out...

hello left hand... oooh whats ya right hand doing... sorry! what was that? don't know! what do you mean you don't know... "

as usual you miss the point. Why let the opposition know exactly what it is that you want before even entering negotiations

".

gove say he wants out...

hello left hand... oooh whats ya right hand doing... sorry! what was that? don't know! what do you mean you don't know...

as usual you miss the point. Why let the opposition know exactly what it is that you want before even entering negotiations"

Because now the population don't know what the plan is. It's tearing the country down the middle and we still have no idea what's going to happen

".

gove say he wants out...

as usual you miss the point. Why let the opposition know exactly what it is that you want before even entering negotiations

Because now the population don't know what the plan is. It's tearing the country down the middle and we still have no idea what's going to happen "

after 4 days what do people expect?

".

gove say he wants out...

Because now the population don't know what the plan is. It's tearing the country down the middle and we still have no idea what's going to happen

after 4 days what do people expect?"

A plan should have been drafted on BOTH sides well before the result. That's why Cameron's resignation was genius. He passed all the onus onto the leave faction of the conservatives to answer the question of "what now" same as osbourne did

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

".

gove say he wants out...

after 4 days what do people expect?"

Many people on other forums and a few on here believed vote today out tomorrow with all leave pledges intact ...as most only listened to the parts they wanted to hear and believe

".

gove say he wants out...

Many people on other forums and a few on here believed vote today out tomorrow with all leave pledges intact ...as most only listened to the parts they wanted to hear and believe

.."

hence lots of disappointed leave voters I guess but I'm pleased cos the sour grapes bad looser grow up flags are becoming a tad worn out

".

gove say he wants out...

A plan should have been drafted on BOTH sides well before the result. That's why Cameron's resignation was genius. He passed all the onus onto the leave faction of the conservatives to answer the question of "what now" same as osbourne did "

how do you know aren't plans? What is the point of revealing them now?

".

gove say he wants out...

A plan should have been drafted on BOTH sides well before the result. That's why Cameron's resignation was genius. He passed all the onus onto the leave faction of the conservatives to answer the question of "what now" same as osbourne did

how do you know aren't plans? What is the point of revealing them now?"

To quell any fears the public have and to reduce possible market volatility? Just a thought

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

".

gove say he wants out...

as usual you miss the point. Why let the opposition know exactly what it is that you want before even entering negotiations"

and thank you for not answering the question and proving a point...

thats like the following conversation...

"I want out"...

okay... cool... then what?

"i want out"

but surely you have some sort of alternative then?

"I want out"

plan anyone?

"I want out"

yes... we know you won.... what now?

"I want out"

its like going around in bloody circles.... because we now want to know what's next... after all... its what YOU voted for!

if you want us to leave.. at leave tell us whats the vision on leave day +1???

you were sold a promise and spending comittments by gove,johnson,stuart,farage, et all... those have unravelled....

after all... it was your vision? right?

I don't see why it should be the people who voted to remain to now come up with plausable solutions to clean up your mess.... but we will because cleaning up your mess because it is now best in our interest!

North West

"................

Because any possible suggestion that a Brexit would be in the best interests of the United Kingdom would start with statements and ideas that would settle the markets and the economy.

The reason that the markets are unsettled is because there is no plan and so the markets have been reacting to short term news items.

The United Kingdom has never been more in need of a Martin Luther King moment - except the dream just needs to be a plan!

".

gove say he wants out...

Nobody can even tell us directly what they see brexit as let alone what a plan is.

I used to find it quite handy before entering a conflict for our commanders to tell us the plan. Nobody ever said 'tell you what lads, when we come into contact with the enemy we will tell you the plan then'.

With planning like this the next football manager has to be either Farage, Gove or Boris. At least it will keep a 50 year tradition.

"................

Because any possible suggestion that a Brexit would be in the best interests of the United Kingdom would start with statements and ideas that would settle the markets and the economy.

The reason that the markets are unsettled is because there is no plan and so the markets have been reacting to short term news items.

The United Kingdom has never been more in need of a Martin Luther King moment - except the dream just needs to be a plan!"

but the markets are settling, well, rising and if they are reacting to short term news items then it's just a game they are playing

"................

The United Kingdom has never been more in need of a Martin Luther King moment - except the dream just needs to be a plan!

but the markets are settling, well, rising and if they are reacting to short term news items then it's just a game they are playing"

They're fluctuating. All it takes (when there's no plan) is a sniff of uncertainty and they can drop sharply. Point is, no leave voter knows what the plan is/was/ever will be at the moment. It's a right Royal mess. Orsbourne (even though it's his job and it pissed me off when he said it) basically said, well they wanted to leave ask them the plan, truth is there isn't one and anyway you dress it you that's wrong

North West

I think the plan that will be offered will be...

Boris will offer to deliver Brexit Lite as a means of re-unituing the country.

North West

"................

but the markets are settling, well, rising and if they are reacting to short term news items then it's just a game they are playing"

Come on, you have lived long enough to know how the markets operate. They need certainty and until there is certainty they will be volatile. All it will take is a couple of big job loss announcements or other Brexit negative stories and there will be another big drop.

"................

but the markets are settling, well, rising and if they are reacting to short term news items then it's just a game they are playing

Come on, you have lived long enough to know how the markets operate. They need certainty and until there is certainty they will be volatile. All it will take is a couple of big job loss announcements or other Brexit negative stories and there will be another big drop. "

sure. And then a rise as you know

"................

Come on, you have lived long enough to know how the markets operate. They need certainty and until there is certainty they will be volatile. All it will take is a couple of big job loss announcements or other Brexit negative stories and there will be another big drop.

sure. And then a rise as you know"

Finds wall, starts conversation

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I had to explain to someone in a cafe that we hadn't actually left yet. They were quite disppointed.

I think we will leave - I think calls for a second referendum are daft. I'm surprised at the likes of Hunt starting to agitate - he's playing a dangerous game.

We will leave, but I think it'll be a massive disappointment to a large swathe of the electorate. Wouldnt really want to be the likes of Boris when that happens.

"................

Finds wall, starts conversation "

Now that the initial shock is over, do you really think that Brexit is the biggest thing affecting the markets right now?

"................

Finds wall, starts conversation

Now that the initial shock is over, do you really think that Brexit is the biggest thing affecting the markets right now?

"

Can you name anything bigger?!

in Lancashire

markets rise and markets fall yes in times of uncertainty and whilst this one has been brought about as we would have expected by the leave result its been further added to by the total lack of a coherent plan..

we are negotiating on what we know, unless the secrecy in keeping the plan to themselves is because they think oh yes when we negotiate we will demand Calais back or something stupid there is no need to not reveal what the broad outline will be..

both sides know the area's that the negotiations will be about..

unless of course in saying what many now think will be in our best interests they run the risk of having to further explain to the 52% just what else that was promised/wanted/now a possibility/ was not what they voted on and believed in when they cast that vote..

the markets are just a part of this..

people's current jobs and also future investment is a big issue also..

"I had to explain to someone in a cafe that we hadn't actually left yet. They were quite disppointed.

I think we will leave - I think calls for a second referendum are daft. I'm surprised at the likes of Hunt starting to agitate - he's playing a dangerous game.

We will leave, but I think it'll be a massive disappointment to a large swathe of the electorate. Wouldnt really want to be the likes of Boris when that happens."

im not sure a lot of the "Buck up and carry on" brigade are that aware of the discord it will cause. It'll be a nightmare. I'm with you though, I think we'll leave and I also think it'll bring with it a horrible, ugly time to be living here

in Lancashire

"I had to explain to someone in a cafe that we hadn't actually left yet. They were quite disppointed.

We will leave, but I think it'll be a massive disappointment to a large swathe of the electorate. Wouldnt really want to be the likes of Boris when that happens.

im not sure a lot of the "Buck up and carry on" brigade are that aware of the discord it will cause. It'll be a nightmare. I'm with you though, I think we'll leave and I also think it'll bring with it a horrible, ugly time to be living here "

if its staying as part of the single market then it as paying a contribution and having free movement as part of that..

granted there needs to be reform in that area and many others but for some leave voters they were big issues before the vote and the only way they may react is to disengage with the political process or support UKIP..

When you thought you know what Brexit means, and someone shines some light on the reality...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE3ujmW2C2Q

» Add a new message to this topic