FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Who is accountable and responsible to actually deliver Brexit?

Who is accountable and responsible to actually deliver Brexit?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ethnmelv OP   Couple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

I am getting confused now. What did people actually vote for last Thursday and who is going to be held accountable in delivering it?

This is a complete and utter farce - no one seems to be able to deliver on the 'Leave' promises, in fact many seem to be getting forgotten.

Given the escape of BoJo and Farage being barking mad in the EU Parliament, would we really have voted Brexit if we hadn't been so comprehensively lied to?

This is not a rant, nor am I trying to change anyone's mind, just keep scratching my head and wondering why?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am getting confused now. What did people actually vote for last Thursday and who is going to be held accountable in delivering it?

This is a complete and utter farce - no one seems to be able to deliver on the 'Leave' promises, in fact many seem to be getting forgotten.

Given the escape of BoJo and Farage being barking mad in the EU Parliament, would we really have voted Brexit if we hadn't been so comprehensively lied to?

This is not a rant, nor am I trying to change anyone's mind, just keep scratching my head and wondering why?

"

I have to say, this is a farce. But not a very funny one and it's depressing the stupidity of the political elites.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

"I am getting confused now. What did people actually vote for last Thursday and who is going to be held accountable in delivering it?

I have to say, this is a farce. But not a very funny one and it's depressing the stupidity of the political elites.

"

No one is responsible for delivering brexit a referendum is just the way for the voting public to express their views and 52% to 48% means it fairly close ..in .any case a responsible government will take all views into account especially when two nations didn't want to leave ..so they will have to look for a deal that suits all

Chudleigh

"

I do agree with you up to a point. But I don't think we need to just point the finger at them - for some reason snake oil seemed to appeal to a lot of people.

So many time it just appeared like a depressing re-run of 'the emperors new clothes'. I wonder when people will start to ask why Leave is so naked - quite appropriate to this forum really

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

I'd still have voted no. The EU vision of the Europe of the future is very disturbing. It's recently been laid out by Germany. Ever closer integration, EU Army, EU Police, all countries to adopt laws of all member states and eventually the country of Europe....

That's why I wanted out. Never believed the BS from either side.

Chudleigh

"I'd still have voted no. The EU vision of the Europe of the future is very disturbing. It's recently been laid out by Germany. Ever closer integration, EU Army, EU Police, all countries to adopt laws of all member states and eventually the country of Europe....

That's why I wanted out. Never believed the BS from either side. "

So who delivers on it?

Things are starting to look real rosy for UK, you still regretting a Leave vote

I do agree with you up to a point. But I don't think we need to just point the finger at them - for some reason snake oil seemed to appeal to a lot of people.

So many time it just appeared like a depressing re-run of 'the emperors new clothes'. I wonder when people will start to ask why Leave is so naked - quite appropriate to this forum really "

Personally I think Osborne has to take a lot of the blame. He run public services to breaking point, which allowed Farage to blame it on immigrants.

Chudleigh

"Things are starting to look real rosy for UK, you still regretting a Leave vote"

Not at all. I'm wondering who we get to nail this one on. A week is a long time in politics, but all we see is the promises of Leave having no owner.

The £350m is being watered down, immigration promises watered down, trade relationship with EC watered down.

dissatisfied

So many time it just appeared like a depressing re-run of 'the emperors new clothes'. I wonder when people will start to ask why Leave is so naked - quite appropriate to this forum really

Personally I think Osborne has to take a lot of the blame. He run public services to breaking point, which allowed Farage to blame it on immigrants."

Sorry but the blame lies squarely on farages shoulders he has been lying for over 20 years about the EU just to make a living for himself

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

People should have thought about that before they voted for chaos.

Oh well.

I'm sure it'll be fine in the long run... mind you, we'll all be dead in the long run...

Chudleigh

Personally I think Osborne has to take a lot of the blame. He run public services to breaking point, which allowed Farage to blame it on immigrants.

Sorry but the blame lies squarely on farages shoulders he has been lying for over 20 years about the EU just to make a living for himself "

Again, I wouldn't disagree on blame - but he is unelected and wasn't on the official Leave campaign so accountable doesn't apply to him.

I'd like to know what success looks like and how we deliver it, I'm happy to help do it just don't think 17m people have the same idea of what they voted for.

dissatisfied

Sorry but the blame lies squarely on farages shoulders he has been lying for over 20 years about the EU just to make a living for himself

Again, I wouldn't disagree on blame - but he is unelected and wasn't on the official Leave campaign so accountable doesn't apply to him.

I'd like to know what success looks like and how we deliver it, I'm happy to help do it just don't think 17m people have the same idea of what they voted for."

Have to disagree he has been running his hate campaign against the EU for over 20 yrs and he was running a brexit campaign along side the official campaign touring the country during the referendum and on the media as well ....

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Why do you think Farage has been lying? It is a fact that the EU accounts have not been signed off for years because of accounting errors, and fraud. Something which Farage has been saying for years.

There have been a series of fuck ups which can be blamed on Neo liberal policies from several governments and their chancellors. From John Major and the ERM, Brown selling the gold and Gideon threatening to steal pensions if the people vote to leave.

Forget Farage, he has had his day he won't be involved in any negotiations and he will soon sink into obscurity.

But Farage was elected. He's an MEP.

Chudleigh

I'd like to know what success looks like and how we deliver it, I'm happy to help do it just don't think 17m people have the same idea of what they voted for.

Have to disagree he has been running his hate campaign against the EU for over 20 yrs and he was running a brexit campaign along side the official campaign touring the country during the referendum and on the media as well ...."

We are in agreement on that, but he remains unelected and whilst I would love to see him get his cumuppence, I'd rather see someone who is going to deliver - on what though, god knows!

Chudleigh

"But Farage was elected. He's an MEP."

But he is not part of the UK government, so the only thing that can be done is unelect him...

Chudleigh

"Why do you think Farage has been lying? It is a fact that the EU accounts have not been signed off for years because of accounting errors, and fraud. Something which Farage has been saying for years.

There have been a series of fuck ups which can be blamed on Neo liberal policies from several governments and their chancellors. From John Major and the ERM, Brown selling the gold and Gideon threatening to steal pensions if the people vote to leave.

Forget Farage, he has had his day he won't be involved in any negotiations and he will soon sink into obscurity. "

All fair points - but who is going to deliver what, by when & how do we hold them accountable? This is just simple project managemt

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Why do you think Farage has been lying? It is a fact that the EU accounts have not been signed off for years because of accounting errors, and fraud. Something which Farage has been saying for years. "

If he has been saying it for years then it is probably he whio has been perpetuating the lie,

Fullfact.org...

The latest report, published in 2015 for accounts in 2014, explicitly said that the auditors were "signing off the accounts" as they have done every year since 2007.

» Add a new message to this topic