FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up in Germany

Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up in Germany

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So many arguments in Germany right now after Germany opened the flood gates to Asylum seekers last year.

Were they right to allow so many in, or should they have went down the route of the UK and tightened immigration

18 July: An axe-wielding teenage asylum seeker from Afghanistan is shot dead after injuring five people in an attack on a train. IS claims the attack, releasing a video recorded by the attacker before the incident

? 22 July: A German teenager of Iranian extraction goes on a shooting rampage in the Bavarian state capital, Munich, killing nine people, most of them migrants, before shooting himself. He is said to have been obsessed with school shootings

? 24 July: A Syrian asylum seeker is arrested in the town of Reutlingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, after allegedly killing a Polish woman with a machete and injuring two other people. Police suggest it was probably a "crime of passion"

? 24 July: A failed Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up outside a music festival in the small Bavarian town of Ansbach, injuring 12 other people. Motive not immediately clear

Then we have the New Years Eve sexual assaults never seen in such a large scale:

All of the incidents involved women being surrounded and assaulted by groups of men on the street.[23][24] There are more than 1,900 victims – 1,200 of whom were sexually assaulted – and police stated that at least 2,000 men were involved, acting in groups.

Police reported that the perpetrators were men of "Arab or North African appearance" and said that Germany had never experienced such mass sexual assaults before

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Any attack is bad and any assault on anyone is also not good..

The Munich atrocity is more to do with mental health, the ease of available weapons etc than Merkel's policy which I think was a huge mistake for parts of Europe.

Vigilance and stringent border controls etc are one part of the many answers needed. Addressing radicalisation and those who spread it is another..

Lumping an atrocity into any debate purely because they are of foreign heritage and nothing to do with the current terrorist situation doesn't assist Imho..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Any attack is bad and any assault on anyone is also not good..

The Munich atrocity is more to do with mental health, the ease of available weapons etc than Merkel's policy which I think was a huge mistake for parts of Europe.

Vigilance and stringent border controls etc are one part of the many answers needed. Addressing radicalisation and those who spread it is another..

Lumping an atrocity into any debate purely because they are of foreign heritage and nothing to do with the current terrorist situation doesn't assist Imho.."

It is related though. Germany foolishly opened their borders, and by default all of Europe, to people linked to extremists, crime and much much more. Yet anyone who questions it is put down as racist or xenophobic..

Pathetic.

At least the Catholic IRA gave warnings

Lumping an atrocity into any debate purely because they are of foreign heritage and nothing to do with the current terrorist situation doesn't assist Imho..

It is related though. Germany foolishly opened their borders, and by default all of Europe, to people linked to extremists, crime and much much more. Yet anyone who questions it is put down as racist or xenophobic..

Pathetic."

From memory she allowed 800,000 in. So 4 were terrorists and let's say 200 were twats groping women on the street. Still not even close to 0.01% of who she let in.

My question is, should we ignore all the good done to the 99.999% because of the actions of 0.001%?

It's inevitable many of the 800,000 would have died in Syria. Many more than the Germans that died in these terrorists attacks.

If you really think the actions of the few outweigh the good that was done to the many then it's hard to escape the implication that a German life is worth more than a Syrian one.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Pathetic.

From memory she allowed 800,000 in. So 4 were terrorists and let's say 200 were twats groping women on the street. Still not even close to 0.01% of who she let in.

My question is, should we ignore all the good done to the 99.999% because of the actions of 0.001%?

It's inevitable many of the 800,000 would have died in Syria. Many more than the Germans that died in these terrorists attacks.

If you really think the actions of the few outweigh the good that was done to the many then it's hard to escape the implication that a German life is worth more than a Syrian one. "

we may disagree on a few things but I agree 100% with this.

in Lancashire

Pathetic."

are you unable to contribute without either talking complete drivel and or acting like a teenage boy in ignoring what is actually said and playing the too often pathetic lets make something up which wasn't said game..?

read what was said and try and respond accordingly, its not rocket science ffs..

Pathetic.

are you unable to contribute without either talking complete drivel and or acting like a teenage boy in ignoring what is actually said and playing the too often pathetic lets make something up which wasn't said game..?

read what was said and try and respond accordingly, its not rocket science ffs..

"

I read what was said and gave my opinion. If you don't like facing up to what is going on in the world thats your problem, not mine.

Pathetic.

If you really think the actions of the few outweigh the good that was done to the many then it's hard to escape the implication that a German life is worth more than a Syrian one. "

One terrorist and one rapist allowed through is too many. And if you really believe that those killed, maimed or raped should be considered as nothing more than a numbering balancing act why don't you go and visit them or their loved ones and tell them.

I'm sure they will agree

Pathetic.

If you really think the actions of the few outweigh the good that was done to the many then it's hard to escape the implication that a German life is worth more than a Syrian one.

One terrorist and one rapist allowed through is too many. And if you really believe that those killed, maimed or raped should be considered as nothing more than a numbering balancing act why don't you go and visit them or their loved ones and tell them.

I'm sure they will agree "

Well ditto!!! Go tell the Syrian families that they needed to stay in the middle of a civil war and die because a tiny percentage of people abuse the system.

Your trip around the grieving families will take a lot longer than mine.

in Lancashire

Pathetic.

I read what was said and gave my opinion. If you don't like facing up to what is going on in the world thats your problem, not mine."

No what you did was to ignore what was actually written and go off on a tangent and reply based on something not even there..

Not an issue having differing opinion's but debate and discussion flows better when one responds to what is actually stated and not something you make up for whatever reason..

"So many arguments in Germany right now after Germany opened the flood gates to Asylum seekers last year.

Were they right to allow so many in, or should they have went down the route of the UK and tightened immigration

18 July: An axe-wielding teenage asylum seeker from Afghanistan is shot dead after injuring five people in an attack on a train. IS claims the attack, releasing a video recorded by the attacker before the incident

? 22 July: A German teenager of Iranian extraction goes on a shooting rampage in the Bavarian state capital, Munich, killing nine people, most of them migrants, before shooting himself. He is said to have been obsessed with school shootings

? 24 July: A Syrian asylum seeker is arrested in the town of Reutlingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg, after allegedly killing a Polish woman with a machete and injuring two other people. Police suggest it was probably a "crime of passion"

? 24 July: A failed Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up outside a music festival in the small Bavarian town of Ansbach, injuring 12 other people. Motive not immediately clear

Then we have the New Years Eve sexual assaults never seen in such a large scale:

All of the incidents involved women being surrounded and assaulted by groups of men on the street.[23][24] There are more than 1,900 victims – 1,200 of whom were sexually assaulted – and police stated that at least 2,000 men were involved, acting in groups.

Police reported that the perpetrators were men of "Arab or North African appearance" and said that Germany had never experienced such mass sexual assaults before

"

But all these vile acts were comitted by loners with mental health problems with absolutely nothing else connecting them in any way whatsoever. I've wrung my hands and hidden my head in the sand and I think that's all anyone can do.

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"So many arguments in Germany right now after Germany opened the flood gates to Asylum seekers last year.

But all these vile acts were comitted by loners with mental health problems with absolutely nothing else connecting them in any way whatsoever. I've wrung my hands and hidden my head in the sand and I think that's all anyone can do. "

Yes and more people with mental health problems are being made to live in the community every day due to government cuts.

Pathetic.

3 out of the 4 most recent incidents were immigrant's, the most recent incident was due to the immigrant being refused asylum and he was due to be deported. Rather than be deported he decided to blow himself up as well as many other innocent people.

It was said on BBC Jeremy Vine that due to the huge influx of immigrants, the German immigration system could not cope and there are vast backlogs with deportation of failed asylum requests.

This may be a small percentage, but how many others are deciding to go down this route, it is early days and 4 attacks in a week are not to be over looked as something you can bury in the sand.

I also suspect if you were raped or a family member was raped then you would not consider the person to be a "groping twat"

Looks this this may be the beginning of a ticking time bomb in Germany

lets see what happens next

"... 24 July: A failed Syrian asylum seeker blows himself up outside a music festival in the small Bavarian town of Ansbach, injuring 12 other people. Motive not immediately clear..."

Motive is irrelevant in British law, I don't know its relevance in Germany.

The key point is that he attempted to gain entry to the festival in order to murder more people! And so far the German authorities are using mental illness and crime of passion indeed anything in order to bring some justification to these savage crimes in an attempt to cover for their arrogant, reckless boss Merkel.

She should be made to explain her open door immigration policy without background checks and the subsequent activities of her guests in a Court of law...before these heinous, abominable crimes become the norm in Europe and smug 'liberal' trash like her walk off with their fat pensions without accounting for their actions!

These and the events in France are all tragedies for the victims families who will carry the scars forever. We must surely feel for them?

I preface my remarks by saying we British (via Blair) carry a huge burden for what we helped the Yanks do in Iraq. We can however hold our heads high with regard to Syria as we have never got involved much to the annoyance of those same Yanks. Our activities have been very targeted and accurate attacks against ISIS.

The arguments have sadly been moved away from the legal situation that SHOULD have prevailed. All those escaping the events in Syria and Iraq should have gone to 'The first country of safe refuge'. That is International Law and the UN administers that law via the UNHCR. There are a few around Syria but Germany isn't one of them.

Where the disaster unfolded was that the illegal migrants (for that is what they became when they bypassed that first safe country) were not stopped on the beaches and sent back. That would have sent a message and thousands of people would never have made the journey, hundreds drowned and the people traffickers would not have made a fortune out of their misery.

Sadly they were allowed free access to the EU without any documentation or identities and because of the EU 'border free' ideals they just went wherever they chose, being violent when opposed, leaving miles of rubbish and (literally) shit in their wake and causing utter mayhem in poor countries as they passed through. EU countries were forced to break EU Law (without penalty) and then to cap it all Merkel opened her arms and said 'come here!'. So they did.

When the EU's own police force says some 5,000 of those people are ISIS terrorists people should not be surprised at recent events.

And isn't it a very sad comment on what the EU Elite and its supporters have done to Europe when a Syrian knifes a pregnant Polish lady in Germany ...?

Pathetic.

3 out of the 4 most recent incidents were immigrant's, the most recent incident was due to the immigrant being refused asylum and he was due to be deported. Rather than be deported he decided to blow himself up as well as many other innocent people.

It was said on BBC Jeremy Vine that due to the huge influx of immigrants, the German immigration system could not cope and there are vast backlogs with deportation of failed asylum requests.

This may be a small percentage, but how many others are deciding to go down this route, it is early days and 4 attacks in a week are not to be over looked as something you can bury in the sand.

I also suspect if you were raped or a family member was raped then you would not consider the person to be a "groping twat"

lets see what happens next"

I suspect if your family were caught in the cross fire of a civil war then you'd want them to have somewhere safe to go

Pathetic.

I suspect if your family were caught in the cross fire of a civil war then you'd want them to have somewhere safe to go"

As stated by "HornyAs2016"

All those escaping the events in Syria and Iraq should have gone to 'The first country of safe refuge'. That is International Law and the UN administers that law via the UNHCR

or indeed a refuge camp, perhaps that way, some of the genuine ones would get safe passage to the UK.

Pathetic.

I read what was said and gave my opinion. If you don't like facing up to what is going on in the world thats your problem, not mine.

No what you did was to ignore what was actually written and go off on a tangent and reply based on something not even there..

Not an issue having differing opinion's but debate and discussion flows better when one responds to what is actually stated and not something you make up for whatever reason.."

If you can't understand how my response related to the topic I reiterate that that is your problem not mine

Pathetic.

I'm sure they will agree

Well ditto!!! Go tell the Syrian families that they needed to stay in the middle of a civil war and die because a tiny percentage of people abuse the system.

Your trip around the grieving families will take a lot longer than mine. "

I couldn't care about the Syrians though. They had camps set up and should have stayed in them where international aid was being provided. Or seek asylum in the first country they reached. Simple really.

Pathetic.

I suspect if your family were caught in the cross fire of a civil war then you'd want them to have somewhere safe to go

All those escaping the events in Syria and Iraq should have gone to 'The first country of safe refuge'. That is International Law and the UN administers that law via the UNHCR

or indeed a refuge camp, perhaps that way, some of the genuine ones would get safe passage to the UK.

."

I'm sorry but if you'd trust your family with the UN then you clearly haven't read many history books. They have more blood on their hands than most dictators who were deliberately trying to kill people.

Pathetic.

I'm sorry but if you'd trust your family with the UN then you clearly haven't read many history books. They have more blood on their hands than most dictators who were deliberately trying to kill people. "

mixedcouple, stick to the facts, not fantasy of your family or my family.

Fact is; genuine Asylum seekers should have went to first country of safe refuge or indeed the camps set up for them.

that's it, full stop.

Mixedcouple; you then went on to say this; - your words

If you really think the actions of the few outweigh the good that was done to the many then it's hard to escape the implication that a German life is worth more than a Syrian one

you mixed couple do not know what the outcome could have been in Syria, nor do you know the percentage of "IS" mixed in with the million illegal immigrants in Germany and if you really consider a rapist as a "groping twat" then I will happily remind you of that should it ever happen to you.

wake up because you are in dream land, if you consider they are all wonderful people then open your doors to them, share your home with them.

Pathetic.

I'm sorry but if you'd trust your family with the UN then you clearly haven't read many history books. They have more blood on their hands than most dictators who were deliberately trying to kill people.

Fact is; genuine Asylum seekers should have went to first country of safe refuge or indeed the camps set up for them.

that's it, full stop.

If you really think the actions of the few outweigh the good that was done to the many then it's hard to escape the implication that a German life is worth more than a Syrian one

you mixed couple do not know what the outcome could have been in Syria, nor do you know the percentage of "IS" mixed in with the million illegal immigrants in Germany and if you really consider a rapist as a "groping twat" then I will happily remind you of that should it ever happen to you.

wake up because you are in dream land, if you consider they are all wonderful people then open your doors to them, share your home with them."

Who bought up the "your family" questions? It wasn't me.

It is a fact that lots of people die in conflict zones not a fantasy.

It's always convenient for people who live on islands to say people should stop at the first border to they come up.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Pathetic.

that's it, full stop.

wake up because you are in dream land, if you consider they are all wonderful people then open your doors to them, share your home with them.

Who bought up the "your family" questions? It wasn't me.

It is a fact that lots of people die in conflict zones not a fantasy.

It's always convenient for people who live on islands to say people should stop at the first border to they come up. "

It is also farcical and is being ignored for good reason in Europe. Simply put, if you are four countries away from the first safe country and you demand that the first country takes all the refugees then you put that country at risk of being overwhelmed and the next safe country is then only three countries away etc etc

That said, many of these people are in hell hole refugee camps in countries adjoining Syria and it is a perfectly normal human instinct too try to better yourself after years and years in a horrid camp.

As an aside, does anyone know if every single one of the people that Schindler and others like him saved in WW2 went on to be model citizens or did some go off the rails?

in Lancashire

Pathetic.

Not an issue having differing opinion's but debate and discussion flows better when one responds to what is actually stated and not something you make up for whatever reason..

If you can't understand how my response related to the topic I reiterate that that is your problem not mine "

there you go again, ignorance and distortion seem to be your m.o.

you ignored my point about Merkels policy and you don't seem to have picked up that the Munich shooter was born in Germany 18 years ago, had mental health issue's and may have had links or been influenced by the far right..

to clarify he was not a refugee from Syria which I clearly stated and you blatantly ignored..

crack on if it suits your point of view but its not relevant to the OP..

Why should innocent Syrian people be forced to go back to Syria so they can be blown up by the French and American militaries? I have no problem with them claiming asylum in Europe/Ireland.

"Why should innocent Syrian people be forced to go back to Syria so they can be blown up by the French and American militaries? I have no problem with them claiming asylum in Europe/Ireland. "

Because their lives aren't as important as European ones / it's not our problem (delete as appropriate and insert "I'm not racist but" in front)

Pathetic.

If you can't understand how my response related to the topic I reiterate that that is your problem not mine

there you go again, ignorance and distortion seem to be your m.o.

you ignored my point about Merkels policy and you don't seem to have picked up that the Munich shooter was born in Germany 18 years ago, had mental health issue's and may have had links or been influenced by the far right..

to clarify he was not a refugee from Syria which I clearly stated and you blatantly ignored..

crack on if it suits your point of view but its not relevant to the OP..

"

I responded to your 4th paragraph of your original post ffs

» Add a new message to this topic