FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Scotland 'To be at the heart of the EU' following Independance

Scotland 'To be at the heart of the EU' following Independance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andS66 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Nicola Sturgeon has today announced that, following Brexit, she aims to have Scottish Independance and that Scotland will be ' at the heart of the EU'.

In other announcements across the EU today;

Greece will head up the new European Central Bank, and drive EU economic policy.

Italy is to head up the new EU Army.

Spain will head up the new EU Department of Productivity.

The French will manage EU anti-terrorism and Security.

The Hungarians will control the new Centre for Immigration.

Luxembourg will house the new home of Tax and Revenue, headed by Jean Claude Junker.

And the Germans will continue with having the final say on everything.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was one of the people happy for Scotland to have a vote and happy with the decision they decide..... However, that woman is really really getting on my tits to the point I now think we should consider nuking Scotland!.

I know I know.... I'm thinking of the fallout but we could pick a day when the winds going east....

"Nicola Sturgeon has today announced that, following Brexit, she aims to have Scottish Independance and that Scotland will be ' at the heart of the EU'.

Greece will head up the new European Central Bank, and drive EU economic policy.

Luxembourg will house the new home of Tax and Revenue, headed by Jean Claude Junker.

"

Mint But I very much doubt that even the E U would accept Scotland on its own ! It would cost them too much an get Nowt in Return

Nowt in return!!!!! How ignorant can a moron be? A lot by your comments. Scotland has europes largest fishing grounds, exports enormous amounts of wool, whiskey (which is counted as English as the tax headquarters are in London) as well as steel and farming! What we are short of is narrow minded xenophobic racist morons! People who are so very easily manipulated by their right wing press! But I can now see where they can be found!

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

If an independent Scotland wants to join the EU there is the little matter of Spain saying they would use their veto in the European Parliament to block any attempts by Scotland to join. Maybe someone should tell Nicola Sturgeon, she seems to have missed that memo.

no EU for me I am British and before any one said oh she a blue nose, I don't like football, I was born in scotland but I am British,where is scotland going to get all the money eg Scottish Army, NHS, Police Fire, ???? and your rite some one should tell her, what did she do for Govan nor a thing

"Nowt in return!!!!! How ignorant can a moron be? A lot by your comments. Scotland has europes largest fishing grounds, exports enormous amounts of wool, whiskey (which is counted as English as the tax headquarters are in London) as well as steel and farming! What we are short of is narrow minded xenophobic racist morons! People who are so very easily manipulated by their right wing press! But I can now see where they can be found!"

Yep I'm here but if you gave all of us the vote you would get your independence

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

We spend a lot of time in Spain and follow the papers and news over there with great interest, there is absolutely no way that Spain will allow an independent Scotland join the EU, it's a no ifs and no buts stance, they will not do anything that would further encourage separatists within Spain.

They are firm on this, they would use their veto.

Babbacombe Torquay

"no EU for me I am British and before any one said oh she a blue nose, I don't like football, I was born in scotland but I am British,where is scotland going to get all the money eg Scottish Army, NHS, Police Fire, ???? and your rite some one should tell her, what did she do for Govan nor a thing "

Sturgeon fully expects the UK government to put in place a new formula for Scotland following any independence, in short she expects the taxpayers of England, Wales and N.Ireland to cover their annual deficit for at least a decade.

England should leave the UK !

Let's see how the Scots like that !

Babbacombe Torquay

"England should leave the UK !

Let's see how the Scots like that !"

That's a very valid point, I've often said that separists, whatever group they belong to, should be very careful what they wish for.....

That's a very valid point, I've often said that separists, whatever group they belong to, should be very careful what they wish for....."

I'm glad we voted Nrecot and would be perfectly happy with an Independant England

Meant Brexit

"If an independent Scotland wants to join the EU there is the little matter of Spain saying they would use their veto in the European Parliament to block any attempts by Scotland to join. Maybe someone should tell Nicola Sturgeon, she seems to have missed that memo. "

Spanish veto is a moot point anyway because an independent Scotland wouldn't qualify to join anyway not least because they don't have the banking infrastructure.

Babbacombe Torquay

I noticed the smiley face...but seriously I was referring to the Scots, Welsh and even Cornish separatists I have met over the years, I always ask the question 'Would you be happy to accept independence without constant bail outs from the UK taxpayer'?

"no EU for me I am British and before any one said oh she a blue nose, I don't like football, I was born in scotland but I am British,where is scotland going to get all the money eg Scottish Army, NHS, Police Fire, ???? and your rite some one should tell her, what did she do for Govan nor a thing

Sturgeon fully expects the UK government to put in place a new formula for Scotland following any independence, in short she expects the taxpayers of England, Wales and N.Ireland to cover their annual deficit for at least a decade."

Duh, that's why she's keen on the EU.... She wants to ditch UK tax payer subsidy for German, French and Dutch ones.... Oh yeah better together, I forget that little jingoistic slogan

"Nowt in return!!!!! How ignorant can a moron be? A lot by your comments. Scotland has europes largest fishing grounds, exports enormous amounts of wool, whiskey (which is counted as English as the tax headquarters are in London) as well as steel and farming! What we are short of is narrow minded xenophobic racist morons! People who are so very easily manipulated by their right wing press! But I can now see where they can be found!"

Couldnt have put it better myself it seems the snp have quite a few ppl running scared as they know once we leave they will lose triple a rating and prob be bankrupt without our resources

"If an independent Scotland wants to join the EU there is the little matter of Spain saying they would use their veto in the European Parliament to block any attempts by Scotland to join. Maybe someone should tell Nicola Sturgeon, she seems to have missed that memo. "

Can you post a link for this coz as far as i can see it was a very junior person who said this

Babbacombe Torquay

"Nowt in return!!!!! How ignorant can a moron be? A lot by your comments. Scotland has europes largest fishing grounds, exports enormous amounts of wool, whiskey (which is counted as English as the tax headquarters are in London) as well as steel and farming! What we are short of is narrow minded xenophobic racist morons! People who are so very easily manipulated by their right wing press! But I can now see where they can be found!

Couldnt have put it better myself it seems the snp have quite a few ppl running scared as they know once we leave they will lose triple a rating and prob be bankrupt without our resources "

What resources?.....Scots over estimate the importance of what is left of North Sea oil

Let's see how the Scots like that !"

Thats a plan can you hurry up pls

"Nowt in return!!!!! How ignorant can a moron be? A lot by your comments. Scotland has europes largest fishing grounds, exports enormous amounts of wool, whiskey (which is counted as English as the tax headquarters are in London) as well as steel and farming! What we are short of is narrow minded xenophobic racist morons! People who are so very easily manipulated by their right wing press! But I can now see where they can be found!

Couldnt have put it better myself it seems the snp have quite a few ppl running scared as they know once we leave they will lose triple a rating and prob be bankrupt without our resources "

We lost triple A rating ages ago.... Keep up

"no EU for me I am British and before any one said oh she a blue nose, I don't like football, I was born in scotland but I am British,where is scotland going to get all the money eg Scottish Army, NHS, Police Fire, ???? and your rite some one should tell her, what did she do for Govan nor a thing

Sturgeon fully expects the UK government to put in place a new formula for Scotland following any independence, in short she expects the taxpayers of England, Wales and N.Ireland to cover their annual deficit for at least a decade..

Duh, that's why she's keen on the EU.... She wants to ditch UK tax payer subsidy for German, French and Dutch ones.... Oh yeah better together, I forget that little jingoistic slogan"

Totally Agree.. I was also bewildered by that scot who said at the eu, 'scotland didn't forget the eu, so don't forget us' and lots of mep's were shaking his hand and queuing to give him a sloppy kiss. I can easily see scotland as another greece if accepted

Triple A rating haha....

They went by the by with the dinosaurs.... Last time I looked there's probably about 8 country's with it!.

Yields aren't at 300 year lows for nothing you know

Couldnt have put it better myself it seems the snp have quite a few ppl running scared as they know once we leave they will lose triple a rating and prob be bankrupt without our resources

What resources?.....Scots over estimate the importance of what is left of North Sea oil"

Who mentioned oil ? Fishing timber whisky to name a few and since you did mention oil thats what has been keeping britain afloat for 40 yrs

I've had this out with the uneducated before..... Scotland doesn't have ANY oil, it all got sold off by the UK decades ago, it's now owned by oil companies, Scotland gets oil tax for piping the oil to it for refining.

Scotland does have some gas as that was never sold off but then England and Wales have gas as well, but that's at 50 year lows so it's hardly worth shouting about.... Fisheries, well the Scots will get decimated by Spanish boats, so good luck with that one as well.....

Oh and while we're taking about it, Scotland ain't got much immigration to it either.

Maybe if they get to stay in the EU you'll get some soon

Couldnt have put it better myself it seems the snp have quite a few ppl running scared as they know once we leave they will lose triple a rating and prob be bankrupt without our resources .

We lost triple A rating ages ago.... Keep up"

You are right and they have been trying to get it back to no avail ,the uk is in so much debt that it cannot sustain and the sooner we get away the better

Nobody's got a triple A rating?.

I'd suggest reading something other than the snp manifesto, you might actually learn something

Babbacombe Torquay

Income from Oil exploration licenses is at an all time low, as is tax income from oil, it was only a month ago that the oil industry in the North Sea was begging government for financial assistance.

Scotland is too exposed to worldwide low oil prices, fishing is too exposed to Spanish and Norwegian factory ship fishing, the whiskey industry is talked up.....

Thats a plan can you hurry up pls "

I'd love to

"I've had this out with the uneducated before..... Scotland doesn't have ANY oil, it all got sold off by the UK decades ago, it's now owned by oil companies, Scotland gets oil tax for piping the oil to it for refining.

Scotland does have some gas as that was never sold off but then England and Wales have gas as well, but that's at 50 year lows so it's hardly worth shouting about.... Fisheries, well the Scots will get decimated by Spanish boats, so good luck with that one as well.....

Oh and while we're taking about it, Scotland ain't got much immigration to it either.

Maybe if they get to stay in the EU you'll get some soon"

Well mr uneducated has spoken lol oh theres plenty of oil in scotland yet untapped and we dont mind imigrants as we are not racists and really when it comes down to it it will be the scottish ppl who will decide and not anyone else

"Income from Oil exploration licenses is at an all time low, as is tax income from oil, it was only a month ago that the oil industry in the North Sea was begging government for financial assistance.

Scotland is too exposed to worldwide low oil prices, fishing is too exposed to Spanish and Norwegian factory ship fishing, the whiskey industry is talked up....."

I agree with you, not only that but oil industries have got tax rebates promised for the next few years.. So Scotland can whip out the EU money to pay for the oil subsidies.

"I've had this out with the uneducated before..... Scotland doesn't have ANY oil, it all got sold off by the UK decades ago, it's now owned by oil companies, Scotland gets oil tax for piping the oil to it for refining.

Well mr uneducated has spoken lol oh theres plenty of oil in scotland yet untapped and we dont mind imigrants as we are not racists and really when it comes down to it it will be the scottish ppl who will decide and not anyone else"

untapped oil you say? Great where's your capex coming from to untap it?.

You haven't even got a fucking bank worth anything never mind funding for untapped oil wells...

The SNP are spinning stories that some Scots want to believe. But they are just a fantasy of wishful thinking on Ms Sturgeons part........I do not think she will go for indy ref 2 anytime soon as she seems certain to lose it.....Too many people got a fright when they realised what would have happened if the vote had gone the other way in 2014....It is also becoming obvious that the SNP are not running the economy well at all with less than half the growth than they have down south .

Babbacombe Torquay

Well mr uneducated has spoken lol oh theres plenty of oil in scotland yet untapped and we dont mind imigrants as we are not racists and really when it comes down to it it will be the scottish ppl who will decide and not anyone else"

Hopefully if there is independence the rest of the UK will be given a referendum as to whether we agree with a new formula for Scotland that will mean us bailing you out for up to a decade after the split......I'm all for Scottish independence, but I'm not for sending our tax income to Scotland for years to come.

Steps to Scotland being at "the heart" of the EU.

Theresa May gives permission for an independence vote. (As Cameron had to last time as the Scottish parliament doesn't have this power)

The vote says yes this time

They apply to join (a minimum seven year process if everything is correct first go)

Deficit:GDP ratio is halved to meet criteria

Accept a Euro as currency (tho the two fishes...sturgeon and Salmond...have both said they will keep Stirling)

Spain, and maybe several other countries, decide not to veto

They get in the queue....somewhere several steps behind Turkey?

I'm really sorry but the lovely Nicola is talking complete and utter crap!

See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay

"The SNP are spinning stories that some Scots want to believe. But they are just a fantasy of wishful thinking on Ms Sturgeons part........I do not think she will go for indy ref 2 anytime soon as she seems certain to lose it.....Too many people got a fright when they realised what would have happened if the vote had gone the other way in 2014....It is also becoming obvious that the SNP are not running the economy well at all with less than half the growth than they have down south . "

Its seems you are in a minority on your veiws as the majority of scots seem quite happy with the snp thats why they voted them in for a third term

Babbacombe Torquay

"See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay "

Trust me on this, and I can only speak for England here as I'm English, but I would LOVE to do something about it with help of a chance to vote in the referendum, I would LOVE to vote yes to an independent Scotland, because I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing from the dreamers within the SNP.....apologies to Scots who want to remain as part of the UK.

"The SNP are spinning stories that some Scots want to believe. But they are just a fantasy of wishful thinking on Ms Sturgeons part........I do not think she will go for indy ref 2 anytime soon as she seems certain to lose it.....Too many people got a fright when they realised what would have happened if the vote had gone the other way in 2014....It is also becoming obvious that the SNP are not running the economy well at all with less than half the growth than they have down south . "

It's brexit the sequel!

"See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay "

I dunno maybe Queenie said get up there and sort this shit out before they burn Balmoral down!.

Who knows why politicans do what they do.

All I'm telling you are facts!, I'm really not arsed in the slightest if you stay or go

"See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay

Trust me on this, and I can only speak for England here as I'm English, but I would LOVE to do something about it with help of a chance to vote in the referendum, I would LOVE to vote yes to an independent Scotland, because I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing from the dreamers within the SNP.....apologies to Scots who want to remain as part of the UK."

Get of your arse and do something about it then

Babbacombe Torquay

"See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay

Trust me on this, and I can only speak for England here as I'm English, but I would LOVE to do something about it with help of a chance to vote in the referendum, I would LOVE to vote yes to an independent Scotland, because I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing from the dreamers within the SNP.....apologies to Scots who want to remain as part of the UK.

Get of your arse and do something about it then "

Alas I'll never be given a vote, but I'm truly hoping you get a referendum in the next two years, if you don't win no doubt you will want another in four years time, it's a bit like the Ryder Cup.....held every two years.

"See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay .

I dunno maybe Queenie said get up there and sort this shit out before they burn Balmoral down!.

All I'm telling you are facts!, I'm really not arsed in the slightest if you stay or go"

Oh i think you do know and its that yous need us more than we need yous but hey hopefully we can break away from this union very soon

Alas I'll never be given a vote, but I'm truly hoping you get a referendum in the next two years, if you don't win no doubt you will want another in four years time, it's a bit like the Ryder Cup.....held every two years."

yip thats right we will keep fighting until we are no longer ruled by westminister

Babbacombe Torquay

As an aside, up until recently that very odd couple that have an act called The Krankies lived just down the road from me in Devon, whenever I see Nicola Sturgeon I can't help thinking of Janette Tough.....

Seperated at birth?

"As an aside, up until recently that very odd couple that have an act called The Krankies lived just down the road from me in Devon, whenever I see Nicola Sturgeon I can't help thinking of Janette Tough.....

Seperated at birth?"

Uch well obviously your more into slagging ppl but as i have said the majority of scots trust her or she wouldnt be in power

Babbacombe Torquay

"As an aside, up until recently that very odd couple that have an act called The Krankies lived just down the road from me in Devon, whenever I see Nicola Sturgeon I can't help thinking of Janette Tough.....

Seperated at birth?

Uch well obviously your more into slagging ppl but as i have said the majority of scots trust her or she wouldnt be in power "

She'd look great in one of Janette's school caps, I can just see her in Hollyrood doing a Krankies sketch.....

Cannock

Alas I'll never be given a vote, but I'm truly hoping you get a referendum in the next two years, if you don't win no doubt you will want another in four years time, it's a bit like the Ryder Cup.....held every two years. yip thats right we will keep fighting until we are no longer ruled by westminister "

But you want to be ruled by Brussels?

Cannock

Seperated at birth?

Uch well obviously your more into slagging ppl but as i have said the majority of scots trust her or she wouldnt be in power

She'd look great in one of Janette's school caps, I can just see her in Hollyrood doing a Krankies sketch....."

Do a Google search for Jimmy Kranki, trust me it's Fan dabi dozi.

"Nicola Sturgeon has today announced that, following Brexit, she aims to have Scottish Independance and that Scotland will be ' at the heart of the EU'.

"

Cannock

"If an independent Scotland wants to join the EU there is the little matter of Spain saying they would use their veto in the European Parliament to block any attempts by Scotland to join. Maybe someone should tell Nicola Sturgeon, she seems to have missed that memo.

Can you post a link for this coz as far as i can see it was a very junior person who said this "

Well during the Scottish referendum campaign there was an entire episode of Newsnight on the BBC dedicated to the issue of Scottish independence. On it there was a very senior Spanish government official (sorry forgot his name now) who warned in no uncertain terms Spain would use its veto against Scotland joining the EU in the European parliament. The reason given because they don't want to give any encouragement to the Catalonians who want independence from Spain.

Scotland has just signed up to receiving fracked gas shipments too. Doesnt look good.. Or very green..

Well mr uneducated has spoken lol oh theres plenty of oil in scotland yet untapped and we dont mind imigrants as we are not racists and really when it comes down to it it will be the scottish ppl who will decide and not anyone else

Hopefully if there is independence the rest of the UK will be given a referendum as to whether we agree with a new formula for Scotland that will mean us bailing you out for up to a decade after the split......I'm all for Scottish independence, but I'm not for sending our tax income to Scotland for years to come."

I hope scotland gets what they want as the majority voted to be in

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Alas I'll never be given a vote, but I'm truly hoping you get a referendum in the next two years, if you don't win no doubt you will want another in four years time, it's a bit like the Ryder Cup.....held every two years. yip thats right we will keep fighting until we are no longer ruled by westminister

But you want to be ruled by Brussels? "

There is a huge difference between being an equal partner in the European Union and being subservient to Westminster. For example... The UK did not need permission from any other EU country to have a referendum about leaving the EU, but Scotland needs permission from Westminster to have a referendum to leave the U.K.

North West

I find it really ironic and somewhat bizarre that so many English people are "telling" the Scots how poor they are and how they could not possibly go it alone and how subservient they would be to "Brussels."

Scotland has the inaliable right to determine its own future and unlike many English who seem to be easily swayed by right wing rhetoric, most Scots retain a far more pragmatic view of the world around them and of their place in it. Personally, I say good luck to them because in my eyes almost everything that was said this week at the SNP Conference was progressive, ambitious and outward looking. By comparison, the Tory Party conference in Birmingham will have illustrated to most Scots exactly why they now need to "take control" to ensure that Scotland stays open, opportunistic and a good place to live.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"I hope scotland gets what they want as the majority voted to be in "

Fingers crossed for London too

SW London

"I find it really ironic and somewhat bizarre that so many English people are "telling" the Scots how poor they are and how they could not possibly go it alone and how subservient they would be to "Brussels."

Scotland has the inaliable right to determine its own future and unlike many English who seem to be easily swayed by right wing rhetoric, most Scots retain a far more pragmatic view of the world around them and of their place in it. Personally, I say good luck to them because in my eyes almost everything that was said this week at the SNP Conference was progressive, ambitious and outward looking. By comparison, the Tory Party conference in Birmingham will have illustrated to most Scots exactly why they now need to "take control" to ensure that Scotland stays open, opportunistic and a good place to live.

"

Yes, attitudes in England, or in certain parts of it, have changed too .... the right wing seem to have become the moral majority ....

"I hope scotland gets what they want as the majority voted to be in

Fingers crossed for London too "

Yes, even the mayor thought of an independent london in the eu, it can work, singapore is a good example.

Babbacombe Torquay

A very good point, I'm a Londoner and have noticed a strong push in London for more autonomy regarding tax raising powers etc.

It stops well short of asking for independence but it's an interesting thought.....

Babbacombe Torquay

Sadiq Khan played around with the hypothetical notion of an independent London, but in reality he was pushing for local tax raising powers and more freedom to make London related decisions outside of government.

SW London

"Sadiq Khan played around with the hypothetical notion of an independent London, but in reality he was pushing for local tax raising powers and more freedom to make London related decisions outside of government. "

Trains and whole transport system too .... some great ideas and by the sounds of a few on the threads in this forum, there really is a divide, politically and culturally

Babbacombe Torquay

He's pushing for the government to transfer the Southern Rail franchise to TFL which is a no brainer......

Khan is a very astute politician, he's also a real lover of London, which the trust fund boy Goldsmith certainly wasn't, he's got some very interesting thoughts on protecting the future of the City financial hub.

"Sadiq Khan played around with the hypothetical notion of an independent London, but in reality he was pushing for local tax raising powers and more freedom to make London related decisions outside of government.

Trains and whole transport system too .... some great ideas and by the sounds of a few on the threads in this forum, there really is a divide, politically and culturally"

there is a divide in London if you hadn't noticed.

SW London

"Sadiq Khan played around with the hypothetical notion of an independent London, but in reality he was pushing for local tax raising powers and more freedom to make London related decisions outside of government.

Trains and whole transport system too .... some great ideas and by the sounds of a few on the threads in this forum, there really is a divide, politically and culturally

there is a divide in London if you hadn't noticed. "

Of course, its easier to see from Crewe ... I work in the divide every day and am one of those dedicated to helping to solve the problems, not stir them up. For the well being of everyone

Babbacombe Torquay

there is a divide in London if you hadn't noticed. "

There are cultural differences in London, doesn't make for a divide though.....

Of course, its easier to see from Crewe ... I work in the divide every day and am one of those dedicated to helping to solve the problems, not stir them up. For the well being of everyone "

then you will know it was the wealthy areas of London that voted to remain in the EU and not all of it

Trust me on this, and I can only speak for England here as I'm English, but I would LOVE to do something about it with help of a chance to vote in the referendum, I would LOVE to vote yes to an independent Scotland, because I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing from the dreamers within the SNP.....apologies to Scots who want to remain as part of the UK."

SW London

Of course, its easier to see from Crewe ... I work in the divide every day and am one of those dedicated to helping to solve the problems, not stir them up. For the well being of everyone

then you will know it was the wealthy areas of London that voted to remain in the EU and not all of it"

Not quite .... if you look more closely at how many boroughs came out in favour of remain etc versus not. It wasn't only about wealth, it was about class, social conscience etc. BUT, I don't like this forum being a brexit forum and I will leave others to post on the detail of that because it's crying over spilt milk ....

SW London

Voted to leave: Sutton, Havering, barking and Dagenham, Baxley, Hillingdon ..... you are saying these are the poorest areas of London?

"Voted to leave: Sutton, Havering, barking and Dagenham, Baxley, Hillingdon ..... you are saying these are the poorest areas of London?"

even more divided than I thought then

SW London

"Voted to leave: Sutton, Havering, barking and Dagenham, Baxley, Hillingdon ..... you are saying these are the poorest areas of London?

even more divided than I thought then"

Hardly, again, not all the poorest areas, but other factors involved too. Its not that simple, even though you may want it to be .... what happened in the other London boroughs where poverty is rife? Or in Sutton?

"Voted to leave: Sutton, Havering, barking and Dagenham, Baxley, Hillingdon ..... you are saying these are the poorest areas of London?

Hardly, again, not all the poorest areas, but other factors involved too. Its not that simple, even though you may want it to be .... what happened in the other London boroughs where poverty is rife? Or in Sutton? "

hardly a case for an Independant London then is it

SW London

Hardly, again, not all the poorest areas, but other factors involved too. Its not that simple, even though you may want it to be .... what happened in the other London boroughs where poverty is rife? Or in Sutton?

hardly a case for an Independant London then is it"

Of course it is, if the 52 per cent is a case for an independent uk .... democracy and all that

Of course it is, if the 52 per cent is a case for an independent uk .... democracy and all that"

ok good luck

SW London

Of course it is, if the 52 per cent is a case for an independent uk .... democracy and all that

ok good luck"

With what?? Its obviously not going to happen .... good luck to Scotland though, for sure .... they haven't been taken in by it all ....

ok good luck

With what?? Its obviously not going to happen .... good luck to Scotland though, for sure .... they haven't been taken in by it all ...."

oh but they have, along with yourself and the minority

SW London

ok good luck

With what?? Its obviously not going to happen .... good luck to Scotland though, for sure .... they haven't been taken in by it all ....

oh but they have, along with yourself and the minority"

I think you'll find otherwise .... because some of us do actually spend more time in real life dealing with real situations. We actually think for a living and are paid to do it ....

"Scotland has just signed up to receiving fracked gas shipments too. Doesnt look good.. Or very green.. "

Nope your wrong ineous have have got fracked gas from usa nothing to do with scottish government

"I find it really ironic and somewhat bizarre that so many English people are "telling" the Scots how poor they are and how they could not possibly go it alone and how subservient they would be to "Brussels."

"

Totally agree

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Scotland has just signed up to receiving fracked gas shipments too. Doesnt look good.. Or very green..

Nope your wrong ineous have have got fracked gas from usa nothing to do with scottish government "

Scottish governmant have had meetings with Ineos but they haven't kept minutes so that people can't put in a freedom of information request to find out what they were about.

"

Too Hot !!!!!!

Why is it I find myself agreeing with many of your posts, not just the one above but many more on the forum, looks like you were impressed by the snp conference

while others bury their heads in the sand.

more utter nonsense

you are not speaking for England, you are speaking for yourself, your opinion, not the opinion of England or the English government

do you not remember as a few others have already commented on;

how every governmental party representatives travelled up to Scotland begging the Scots to remain part of the UK

you; speaking for England, lol, best you get into government first

"Scotland has just signed up to receiving fracked gas shipments too. Doesnt look good.. Or very green..

Nope your wrong ineous have have got fracked gas from usa nothing to do with scottish government

Scottish governmant have had meetings with Ineos but they haven't kept minutes so that people can't put in a freedom of information request to find out what they were about."

What is wrong with receiving and refining frac LNG gas, does it matter where it comes from, we will probably refine Englands Frac gas too if so needed,

although;

we will not refine scotlands frac gas, because as we all know, there is a moratorium on fracking in Scotland

The Scottish Parliament voted to ban fracking countrywide, making a moratorium on the controversial technique a permanent affair

Babbacombe Torquay

more utter nonsense

you are not speaking for England, you are speaking for yourself, your opinion, not the opinion of England or the English government

do you not remember as a few others have already commented on;

how every governmental party representatives travelled up to Scotland begging the Scots to remain part of the UK

you; speaking for England, lol, best you get into government first"

I eagerly await the day that Scotland becomes independent as the constant whining from nationalists is vomit inducing.....

Babbacombe Torquay

then you will know it was the wealthy areas of London that voted to remain in the EU and not all of it"

Not true......in fact a total fabrication

Let the Uk have a vote on Scottish Independence !

An il have a grand at the Bookies that it's goodbye Scotland

Babbacombe Torquay

"Let the Uk have a vote on Scottish Independence !

An il have a grand at the Bookies that it's goodbye Scotland "

My sentiments exactly.....

hardly a case for an Independant London then is it"

It's just Saddo Khan flexing his muscles in the void left by Comrade Corbyn and the rest of labours motley crew.

"I was one of the people happy for Scotland to have a vote and happy with the decision they decide..... However, that woman is really really getting on my tits to the point I now think we should consider nuking Scotland!.

I know I know.... I'm thinking of the fallout but we could pick a day when the winds going east...."

with the nukes you keep in Scotland that the Scottish people don't want???

You want to nuke us...then take them back down south and keep them in your country!!

Babbacombe Torquay

It's just Saddo Khan flexing his muscles in the void left by Comrade Corbyn and the rest of labours motley crew."

Khan will prove to be the best Mayor London has had, if I'd still be living in London I'd have voted for him rather than the trust fund boy Goldsmith.

Babbacombe Torquay

"I was one of the people happy for Scotland to have a vote and happy with the decision they decide..... However, that woman is really really getting on my tits to the point I now think we should consider nuking Scotland!.

I know I know.... I'm thinking of the fallout but we could pick a day when the winds going east....with the nukes you keep in Scotland that the Scottish people don't want???

You want to nuke us...then take them back down south and keep them in your country!! "

If and when the time comes we will be relocating the subs in somewhere like Plymouth.

I really don't care as we voted to abolish them

I know I know.... I'm thinking of the fallout but we could pick a day when the winds going east....with the nukes you keep in Scotland that the Scottish people don't want???

You want to nuke us...then take them back down south and keep them in your country!! "

No problem with that

You want to nuke us...then take them back down south and keep them in your country!!

If and when the time comes we will be relocating the subs in somewhere like Plymouth."

I would go for more than one base

eh, excuse me, who begged who to stay

Was it not "Every" UK government party speaking on behalf of all their constituents (yourselves); and begged Scotland to remain part of the UK

looks to me like you will be on your knees begging again very soon indeed

please don't go, please stay, we beg you, we beg you

By *ee wonky willieMan  over a year ago

glasgow

I really can't believe some of the hatred I'm seeing posted on here. You guys should be ashamed of yourselfs. It's exactly what the elitist leaders want from you. They're fucking us all in the arse and here you are hating each other instead of them. Independence or not, when the shit hits the fan we're all fucked. As a Scott I support independence. But I don't hate or even remotely dislike English folk. I don't hate anyone enough to spout the kind of derogatory comments I've read on this post. It's time for us all to unite and bring down a war mongering, paedophile, corrupted establishment that's sees all of us as no more than slaves.

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I really can't believe some of the hatred I'm seeing posted on here. You guys should be ashamed of yourselfs. It's exactly what the elitist leaders want from you. They're fucking us all in the arse and here you are hating each other instead of them. Independence or not, when the shit hits the fan we're all fucked. As a Scott I support independence. But I don't hate or even remotely dislike English folk. I don't hate anyone enough to spout the kind of derogatory comments I've read on this post. It's time for us all to unite and bring down a war mongering, paedophile, corrupted establishment that's sees all of us as no more than slaves. "

Well said

I know I know.... I'm thinking of the fallout but we could pick a day when the winds going east...."

now now; come on "the doors"

almost every post you make is about how much we should go green, get rid of fossil fuels, how much the spoil the environment, the amount of damage they do

and now you are in full support, suggesting your country nukes its closest ally, what a sad, sad comment to make

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

this..

Scotland has the same right to go for 'independence' as the UK did with Brexit..

personally I want the UK to stay as it is and hope post Brexit we are still one country..

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"We spend a lot of time in Spain and follow the papers and news over there with great interest, there is absolutely no way that Spain will allow an independent Scotland join the EU, it's a no ifs and no buts stance, they will not do anything that would further encourage separatists within Spain.

They are firm on this, they would use their veto.

"

As I've said every time this subject comes up.

An independent Scotland in the EU is Nicola's dream but that's all.

It will never happen.

glasgow

The whisky tax being counted as English is a myth put out by nats. If you check the Scottish governments own financial figures it actually explains this very point. I'm assuming this was done to dispel the myth/lie as it seems to be so widespread.

Has the Eu not already told sturgeon that they wouldn't be interested in letting Scotland back into the Eu as an independent nation?

And did the snp not say that there would only be one independence referendum?

this..

Scotland has the same right to go for 'independence' as the UK did with Brexit..

personally I want the UK to stay as it is and hope post Brexit we are still one country.."

Bonnie Scotland has every right to vote for it's independence.

It has next to no chance of remaining or entering the EU.

If Ms Fish were to continue with her quest, I would have to seriously question whether she has Scotland's interests at heart or whether she is just for independence at any cost.

this..

personally I want the UK to stay as it is and hope post Brexit we are still one country..

If Ms Fish were to continue with her quest, I would have to seriously question whether she has Scotland's interests at heart or whether she is just for independence at any cost."

I firmly believe she has no interest in what anyone other than herself wants, the snp supporters only agreeing with her through coincidence and gullibility.

She's been watching too much braveheart and sees herself as some sort of William Wallace wanting to free us from the terrible English!

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

this..

If Ms Fish were to continue with her quest, I would have to seriously question whether she has Scotland's interests at heart or whether she is just for independence at any cost.

I firmly believe she has no interest in what anyone other than herself wants, the snp supporters only agreeing with her through coincidence and gullibility.

She's been watching too much braveheart and sees herself as some sort of William Wallace wanting to free us from the terrible English! "

She is a very clever woman she knows there will be no independence she knows if there was the EU would reject their application to join. But none of it would be her fault she can say I tried and will keep on trying which will keep her in her job.

this..

She's been watching too much braveheart and sees herself as some sort of William Wallace wanting to free us from the terrible English!

She is a very clever woman she knows there will be no independence she knows if there was the EU would reject their application to join. But none of it would be her fault she can say I tried and will keep on trying which will keep her in her job. "

I agree , that's why England should leave the Uk an do the job for them !

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"See if yous are so keen to get rid of us why not do something about it or maybe yous need us more than we need you and thats why all the party leaders begged us to stay in the union ,just ask yourself see if we are such a burden why did the whole cabinet and shadow cabinet come up to glasgow a week before the referendum and BEG us to stay .

All I'm telling you are facts!, I'm really not arsed in the slightest if you stay or go

Oh i think you do know and its that yous need us more than we need yous but hey hopefully we can break away from this union very soon "

Omfg.... get real mun!

Scotland runs at a deficit without the money it gets from the UK govt!

The oil revenue that windbag Salmond said would support an Independent Scotland tanked, the arse fell out of the wholesale price and if Scotland had been independent at this time you would be begging the UK for handouts!

North West

For Scotland to declare itself as an independent nation and join the EU would be a very difficult task.

What would be easier, is for England (and Wales and N Ireland if they so wish) to extract itself from the United Kingdom's membership of the EU.

I personally would be all up for helping Scotland achieve its own self determination ambitions, including EU membership because w should always retain good and close relationships with our close neighbours. The patronising attitude of far too many English is exactly the same attitude that has seen our own Turkeys voting for Christmas... the unassailable thought that we need no one and everyone else needs us.

in Lancashire

Without England or one of the other's in the Uk it would no longer be the UK?

would it then be for whomever was left to renegotiate and apply to join under whatever title the partly remaining union would be..?

North West

"Without England or one of the other's in the Uk it would no longer be the UK?

would it then be for whomever was left to renegotiate and apply to join under whatever title the partly remaining union would be..? "

The SNP has said that it will explore imaginative ideas in order to retain its own economic security as a member of the EU. The English should be supporting Scotland not hissing at them for being poor and stupid just because they want something that the English don't.

in Lancashire

would it then be for whomever was left to renegotiate and apply to join under whatever title the partly remaining union would be..?

The SNP has said that it will explore imaginative ideas in order to retain its own economic security as a member of the EU. The English should be supporting Scotland not hissing at them for being poor and stupid just because they want something that the English don't. "

True but that would go against the psyche of many in this land..

maybe we could loan them Boris to assist with any campaign..

The SNP has said that it will explore imaginative ideas in order to retain its own economic security as a member of the EU. The English should be supporting Scotland not hissing at them for being poor and stupid just because they want something that the English don't.

True but that would go against the psyche of many in this land..

maybe we could loan them Boris to assist with any campaign.. "

I guess the majority of people on this planet suffer from Anglophobia

The SNP has said that it will explore imaginative ideas in order to retain its own economic security as a member of the EU. The English should be supporting Scotland not hissing at them for being poor and stupid just because they want something that the English don't. "

Good luck to the Scotts. They are going to have to be very imaginative though to make it work.

I haven't seen any logical arguments so far to support Scotland's independence. Braveheart, yes. Bankrupt Scotland, no.

Being up here i sense no appetite for another bitter divisive vote... Plus who votes to be poorer ?......Only the most rabid SNP member......and they are even less keen to call it they know they will lose............again x

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Mint But I very much doubt that even the E U would accept Scotland on its own ! It would cost them too much an get Nowt in Return "

Actually Scotland is a net contributor to the EU budget. It pays in more to the EU than it gets out. If course that might change if it was independent from the UK and its economy performed differently. However as things our now it's a NET contributor to the EU.

Mint But I very much doubt that even the E U would accept Scotland on its own ! It would cost them too much an get Nowt in Return

Actually Scotland is a net contributor to the EU budget. It pays in more to the EU than it gets out. If course that might change if it was independent from the UK and its economy performed differently. However as things our now it's a NET contributor to the EU."

It is a net contributor to the EU because it's economy is crap. It is supported by the UK.

Should Scotland decide to leave - and, Lord knows why, but I don't want it to - it is going to struggle financially. Even Ms Fish is not able to argue against that, and she is usually able to argue that an apple is an orange.

Actually Scotland is a net contributor to the EU budget. It pays in more to the EU than it gets out. If course that might change if it was independent from the UK and its economy performed differently. However as things our now it's a NET contributor to the EU."

So's our house

Widnes

"Steps to Scotland being at "the heart" of the EU.

Theresa May gives permission for an independence vote. (As Cameron had to last time as the Scottish parliament doesn't have this power)

The vote says yes this time

They apply to join (a minimum seven year process if everything is correct first go)

Deficit:GDP ratio is halved to meet criteria

Accept a Euro as currency (tho the two fishes...sturgeon and Salmond...have both said they will keep Stirling)

Spain, and maybe several other countries, decide not to veto

They get in the queue....somewhere several steps behind Turkey?

I'm really sorry but the lovely Nicola is talking complete and utter crap!"

Actually that's not quite true. I'm not in favour of Scottish independence put the reality is is that, if Scotland became independent and wanted to join the EU there are only two obstacles. The first is its budget deficit; That's something they could sort out themselves. The second is Spain; that would be more different but probably not insurmountable if pressure was put on Spain by other EU countries. On all other criteria Scotland already qualifies so it would be well ahead of Turkey.

I personally think that Scotland is economically better of in the UK whether the UK is in or out of the EU or single market. I also believe that the UK is economically better of with Scotland than it would be without. However, as we've seen with BREXIT, economics does not always rule the day.

Widnes

That's not going to happen.

Widnes

Yes, attitudes in England, or in certain parts of it, have changed too .... the right wing seem to have become the moral majority .... "

Or the loud, outspoken minority. Unfortunately for leavers there were a fair number of BNP and Britain First people who, on leaving the EU, shared the same aims as the leave campaign. These far right groups now feel they are in the ascendant and that 52% of the country back their views. The reality is that most people in this country, including those that voted to leave and also have concerns about immigration, do not either agree or concur with the BNP or Britain First or the way they act.

That being said I'm sure some BREXITers on here will disagree with me.

Widnes

Fingers crossed for London too Yes, even the mayor thought of an independent london in the eu, it can work, singapore is a good example."

An independent Scotland is possible and more likely because of BREXIT but, in my opinion, still unlikely and economically a bad idea for both. An independent London is just a pipe dream. Forget it, it's never, ever going to happen.

Yes, attitudes in England, or in certain parts of it, have changed too .... the right wing seem to have become the moral majority ....

Or the loud, outspoken minority. Unfortunately for leavers there were a fair number of BNP and Britain First people who, on leaving the EU, shared the same aims as the leave campaign. These far right groups now feel they are in the ascendant and that 52% of the country back their views. The reality is that most people in this country, including those that voted to leave and also have concerns about immigration, do not either agree or concur with the BNP or Britain First or the way they act.

That being said I'm sure some BREXITers on here will disagree with me."

I have no idea what the BNP think. Why even raise it? Why do you think Brexiters would support the BNP?

It makes as much sense as me tarnishing you being a communist.

Just stupid.

Widnes

We do not have the legal right to expel Scotland from the United Kingdom. If England no longer wants to be in a union with Scotland then England, if it got the consent of the United Kingdon parliament, would have to leave the United Kingdom.

Widnes

this..

personally I want the UK to stay as it is and hope post Brexit we are still one country.."

You may be right morally but legally the two are quite different. The United Kingdon is a sovereign nation and sovereignty within the UK resides within the United Kingdom parliament. What this means is that the United Kingdon can, and always could, leave the EU without the consent of any organisation outside of the United Kingdom. However Scotland can not legally leave the United Kingdon without the consent of the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom's parliment is sovereign in both England and Scotland.

Widnes

this..

If Ms Fish were to continue with her quest, I would have to seriously question whether she has Scotland's interests at heart or whether she is just for independence at any cost."

Well the answer to that is obvious, she's a nationalist, she wants independence at any cost. To me she is no different than BTEXITers. She knows what she wants, she knows what the likely costs will be if she gets it but she doesn't care, she believes that "taking back control" is worth the cost.

Widnes

would it then be for whomever was left to renegotiate and apply to join under whatever title the partly remaining union would be..? "

Actually the United Kingdon would still exist if England (and Wales) left just as it would still exist if Scotland or Northern Ireland left and still does exist after Southern Ireland left in 1923.

There would have to be a lot if flag redesigning but it's not impossible.

It would also be possible for parts of the United Kingdon to be in the EU and other parts not. Currently the Channel Islands and the Isle Of Man are not part of the EU but are still British.

Whilst all of these scenarios would come with their own problems non of them are legally impossible.

Widnes

"Being up here i sense no appetite for another bitter divisive vote... Plus who votes to be poorer ?.....

"

You'd have to ask a BREXITer that one but, at a guess, I'd say people who either blame others for their problems and/or want to take back control.

"Only the most rabid SNP member......and they are even less keen to call it they know they will lose............again x"

Actually the United Kingdon would still exist if England (and Wales) left just as it would still exist if Scotland or Northern Ireland left and still does exist after Southern Ireland left in 1923.

It would also be possible for parts of the United Kingdon to be in the EU and other parts not. Currently the Channel Islands and the Isle Of Man are not part of the EU but are still British.

Whilst all of these scenarios would come with their own problems non of them are legally impossible."

The Channel Islands are a dependency. They are not British.

Widnes

Actually Scotland is a net contributor to the EU budget. It pays in more to the EU than it gets out. If course that might change if it was independent from the UK and its economy performed differently. However as things our now it's a NET contributor to the EU.

It is a net contributor to the EU because it's economy is crap. It is supported by the UK.

Should Scotland decide to leave - and, Lord knows why, but I don't want it to - it is going to struggle financially. Even Ms Fish is not able to argue against that, and she is usually able to argue that an apple is an orange."

If they decide to leave it will be for pretty much the same reasons as BREXITers decided to leave the EU. The only difference being the Scotland really does not sovereignty over its own affairs and the economic consequences for both England and Scotland will be even worse.

Widnes

That being said I'm sure some BREXITers on here will disagree with me.

I have no idea what the BNP think. Why even raise it? Why do you think Brexiters would support the BNP?

"

I don't think all BREXITers support the BNP but I'm pretty sure all BNP supporters backed BREXIT. Reread what I wrote, you've got the wrong end of the stick completely.

"

It makes as much sense as me tarnishing you being a communist.

Just stupid."

I think most communists would be at best look warm about the EU if not totally against it.

That being said I'm sure some BREXITers on here will disagree with me."

There is so much paranoia about the so called "far right." When the actual truth is that Nationalism in this country has never been more divided. It is not a threat, Nick Griffin destroyed the BNP when he showed his stupidity on Question Time. Britain First is a single issue anti Islam organisation with little support outside the Internet. There are a number of splinter groups, all with their own tin pot leaders.

UKIP was never a nationalist party, and was never meant to be. Sure they attracted some nutters, but that is politics, it is full of them.

BREXIT was nothing to do with right wing / left wing, just millions of people that were / are sick of being dictated to by a bunch of EU bureaucrats. Got sick of seeing convictions of criminals being overturned by the European Court, among other reasons that were perfectly justified.

Seeing "nazis" around every corner is not healthy.

Should Scotland decide to leave - and, Lord knows why, but I don't want it to - it is going to struggle financially. Even Ms Fish is not able to argue against that, and she is usually able to argue that an apple is an orange.

If they decide to leave it will be for pretty much the same reasons as BREXITers decided to leave the EU. The only difference being the Scotland really does not sovereignty over its own affairs and the economic consequences for both England and Scotland will be even worse."

That would be your opinion on why Brexiters decided to vote the way they did. Not Brexiters opinions on why they voted the way they did.

Widnes

Whilst all of these scenarios would come with their own problems non of them are legally impossible.

The Channel Islands are a dependency. They are not British."

Technically you are correct, well almost,which is why I said British.

They are in fact the remains of the Duchy of Normandy and are Crown Dependencies. However they have a special status Under the UK Interpretation Act 1978, the Channel Islands are deemed to be part of the British Islands and for the purposes of the British Nationality Act 1981, the “British Islands” include the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

For all intents they are devolved parts of the United Kingdon.

However they havr

They are in fact the remains of the Duchy of Normandy and are Crown Dependencies. However they have a special status Under the UK Interpretation Act 1978, the Channel Islands are deemed to be part of the British Islands and for the purposes of the British Nationality Act 1981, the “British Islands” include the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.

However they havr"

Yes, I am correct. They are a dependency.

Widnes

If they decide to leave it will be for pretty much the same reasons as BREXITers decided to leave the EU. The only difference being the Scotland really does not sovereignty over its own affairs and the economic consequences for both England and Scotland will be even worse.

That would be your opinion on why Brexiters decided to vote the way they did. Not Brexiters opinions on why they voted the way they did."

Well of course it's my opinion, it's my post. But it's also the main reason given by most BRECMXITers. They want British laws to be made by the British parliament for British people and don't want those laws being made in Brussels by other Europeans. Scot Nats want Scottish laws to be made by a Scottish parliament for Scottish people and don't want those laws being made in London by other British people (especially English). Same tune, slightly different words.

My personal view is that they are both wrong and that, provided there is democratic accountability, we're always stronger and better of together.

Widnes

Yes, I am correct. They are a dependency."

On being Crown Dependencies and technically not being part of the UK yes you are, on then not being British you're not.

That would be your opinion on why Brexiters decided to vote the way they did. Not Brexiters opinions on why they voted the way they did.

Well of course it's my opinion, it's my post. But it's also the main reason given by most BRECMXITers. They want British laws to be made by the British parliament for British people and don't want those laws being made in Brussels by other Europeans. Scot Nats want Scottish laws to be made by a Scottish parliament for Scottish people and don't want those laws being made in London by other British people (especially English). Same tune, slightly different words.

My personal view is that they are both wrong and that, provided there is democratic accountability, we're always stronger and better of together.

"

Your view is that you would prefer UK laws to be made by Brussels/Strasbourg. That goes well beyond any potential divide within the UK. Trying to suggest that the Brexit vote has anything to do with BNP support is miserable.

Widnes

Your view is that you would prefer UK laws to be made by Brussels/Strasbourg. That goes well beyond any potential divide within the UK. Trying to suggest that the Brexit vote has anything to do with BNP support is miserable."

I think you need to read what I actually said and base your responses on that, not on what you think I might have said. As for the BNP supporting BREXIT, it did. That's just fact. It's not a criticism of leave or BREXIT and not meant as one. In fact I clearly said in the post that mentioned the BNP that most people, whether they voted leave or remain, would not concur with the BNP or Britain First. So I'm clearly not saying that all, or even most, BREXIT voters support, agree, are fellow travellers or sympathise with the BNP, in fact I quite clearly said the opposite.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"

Ok can you explain why you berate brexiters for in your eyes voting to make everyone in the country poorer but believe that scots should do the exact same thing?

Widnes

Your view is that you would prefer UK laws to be made by Brussels/Strasbourg. That goes well beyond any potential divide within the UK. Trying to suggest that the Brexit vote has anything to do with BNP support is miserable."

Can you tell me where I said that I prefer UK laws to be made in Brussels or Strasbourg? I think you'll find it hard to because I've never said it.

My view on law is simple and it's this. Parliament (the legal term is The Queen in Parliament) alone is sovereign throughout the United Kingdom. However parliament has the right to pass that sovereignty on to other bodies as it sees fit if, in the opinion of parliament, those bodies are better suited to make laws in certain areas than parliament itself. Parliment, because it is alone is ultimately sovereign in the United Kingdom, can also take back any sovereignty it has given. It is on this based that councils and devolved assemblies exist throughout the UK. It is also on this basis that, the European Communities 1972 was introduced. It seems to me only sensible and only possible that rules governing a common market would have to be set by an unbiased body that was not part of any of the countries that make up that common market and, for those rules to be binding on all. Parliament took that view in 1972 and passed some of its sovereignty to the EU (EEC as it was then) but it never lost it as, as we might see soon, it can take it back. Where laws are made is less important than where ultimate sovereignty lies which, here in the UK, is, as it has been since 1688, is in parliament.

As for where I prefer British law to made? I prefer British law to be made where our British sovereign parliament has decided they should be made.

Widnes

Ok can you explain why you berate brexiters for in your eyes voting to make everyone in the country poorer but believe that scots should do the exact same thing?"

Again, read what I've said. I think BREXIT makes a Scottish independence referendum more likely and having a Scottish referendum makes it more likely that Scotland will become independent than not having one. I also believe that the UK voting to leave the EU but Scotland voting to remain in the EU strengthens the morale case for Scottish independence. However, as I have said both on this thread and others, the economic case for an independent Scotland within the EU but the rest of the UK not is a far worse scenario to try and sell than the economic argument was before. I have never said I am in favour of Scottish independence and I never will because, as I said before, I believe that all parts of the UK are stronger, more prosperous and better if we remain united and together, whether we are in the EU, the single market or not.

SNP now have the full backing of the Greens

Patrick Harvie has called on Green party members and supporters to prepare for the next independence campaign

He issued a rallying cry to party members, saying the Greens have a vital role to play in the campaign. He said: "We must prepare for the next independence campaign, not just to win a Yes vote, but to win a better Scotland.

"Greens will continue to strengthen the case on issues such as currency and industrial strategy."

The party could have a decisive role given the SNP's position as a minority government, particularly given the Greens' support for Scottish independence.

Green is the new red, you only have to read their disgusting policies.

They could have stuck to environmental issues, but no, they had to adopt idiot ideologies.

A lot of people who care deeply about the environment are put off because of this.

They stink!

Guess you haven't been listening to the News

Scotland will have a 2nd referendum

and when the whole of Scotland votes for Independence they are going to hold two fingers up to the EU and take up Donald Trumps offer to become the 51st state

God Bless America

(you heard it hear first)

glasgow

The 2nd referendum will never happen. If it was going to then there wouldn't have been all this delay or consultation, discussion etc. It's all being done to keep people onside.

If the mps block brexit, it is a good thing for scotland.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

In the interests of fairness, Westminster should be making reparations to a newly independent Scotland for all the oil revenues which were sent south.

Either that or London keeps all the UK debt which it has racked up.

IF London wanted a fair referendum, or was content with Scotland re-acquiring the independence which it lost in that shameful shotgun wedding, it would not have interfered in the debate and waged such a vicious battle of threats, lies and propaganda in order to hang on to Scotland's revenues.

They really didn't want us to go our own way, did they?

Wonder why?

"

For about twenty seconds I thought you were being serious. Then I read the entire post and could see it is very tongue in cheek.

For those who don't get it yet, he says the French in charge of anti terrorism and security....

Lmfao!!!

For about twenty seconds I thought you were being serious. Then I read the entire post and could see it is very tongue in cheek.

For those who don't get it yet, he says the French in charge of anti terrorism and security....

Lmfao!!!"

Is that the same French that have tanks with one forward gear and 6 reverse gears??

Lmfao!!!

Is that the same French that have tanks with one forward gear and 6 reverse gears??"

That's right, and historically use flags that have no red or blue in them...

That did make me laugh

» Add a new message to this topic