FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How do you solve a problem lime immigration?

How do you solve a problem lime immigration?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm new to the politics lounge, and after a brief look at the threads, it appears to me that whoever satisfactorily solves the problem, in a way beneficial to all concerned, is a shoe in for the next prime minister.

So, good people of fab, what is the answer!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm new to the politics lounge, and after a brief look at the threads, it appears to me that whoever satisfactorily solves the problem, in a way beneficial to all concerned, is a shoe in for the next prime minister.

So, good people of fab, what is the answer!"

The problem is not everyone agrees on what the problem is. So how will we get concensus.

"I'm new to the politics lounge, and after a brief look at the threads, it appears to me that whoever satisfactorily solves the problem, in a way beneficial to all concerned, is a shoe in for the next prime minister.

The problem is not everyone agrees on what the problem is. So how will we get concensus. "

So that's that, can't agree on what the problem is so don't boither trying to solve it, I'm guessing this is the problem

The problem is not everyone agrees on what the problem is. So how will we get concensus.

So that's that, can't agree on what the problem is so don't boither trying to solve it, I'm guessing this is the problem"

Not saying we shouldn't solve the issue. But what are we trying to do? Reduce illegal immigration? Reduce immigration in general?

Why are they an issue then? Jobs? Why is that an issue?

So that's that, can't agree on what the problem is so don't boither trying to solve it, I'm guessing this is the problem

Not saying we shouldn't solve the issue. But what are we trying to do? Reduce illegal immigration? Reduce immigration in general?

Why are they an issue then? Jobs? Why is that an issue? "

I think the problem is lack of education, I would love to know how many people know the difference between asylum seekers, migrants, immigrants, and illegal immigrants.

I think it would go a long way towards solvingbthe problem if people posting bullshit memes on Facebook, could be prosecuted under the same laws as newspapers.

Like the one about us army Sargent who killed two Syrian refugees for sexualy assaulting his daughters, the guy didn't exist, and nither did the incident.

Fear leads to anger

Anger leads to hate

Hate leads to the dark side

(Sorry to quote star wars)

We will never identify what the problem is unless we have some clarity, and that starts with not listening to the people who say Islam wants to steal Christmas, most of the off licence owners around where I live are Muslim, and trust me, they do noinoit want to see an end to Christmas, it would be like a camp site owner hoping for a shit Summer

I don't like lime immigration i much prefer lemon

"I don't like lime immigration i much prefer lemon "

You can't pick and choose mate, take one citrus into our country, and you have to take them all, Orange's included (even though they are work shy dirty bastards.)

Why are they an issue then? Jobs? Why is that an issue?

I think the problem is lack of education, I would love to know how many people know the difference between asylum seekers, migrants, immigrants, and illegal immigrants.

I think it would go a long way towards solvingbthe problem if people posting bullshit memes on Facebook, could be prosecuted under the same laws as newspapers.

Like the one about us army Sargent who killed two Syrian refugees for sexualy assaulting his daughters, the guy didn't exist, and nither did the incident.

Fear leads to anger

Anger leads to hate

(Sorry to quote star wars)

We will never identify what the problem is unless we have some clarity, and that starts with not listening to the people who say Islam wants to steal Christmas, most of the off licence owners around where I live are Muslim, and trust me, they do noinoit want to see an end to Christmas, it would be like a camp site owner hoping for a shit Summer"

I agree. Clarity is key.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I find the comments from some on this forum awful and sickening. I am embarrassed to be living in a country with people like this. Anyway, I am going to a footie game -- be back later to see who has said what

solution is to stop creating wars in the middle east then you'll stop the wave of people trying to get out along with every economic migrant that tags along

Define the problem.

I don't see any problem as things currently are. The vast majority of immigrants just get on with their lives trying to make a living for their families.

Basically we're all immigrants here anyway of course.

"I find the comments from some on this forum awful and sickening. I am embarrassed to be living in a country with people like this. Anyway, I am going to a footie game -- be back later to see who has said what"

Couldn't agree more! Some threads are great for my blocklist!

Saw this article and thought it's suited here or in its own post.

Geert Wilders is being prosecuted for hate speech in the Netherlands. He is the Farage of the Netherlands. It's Freedom of speech vs hate speech. He may face up to a year in jail.

Dutch politician Geert Wilders boycotts hate-speech trial - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37819682

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Like several other European countries Holland is seeing the consequences of past colonialism, you can't expect to grab the natural materials and crops of African and Carribean countries over the course of a couple of centuries and not expect to repay a certain number of their citizens to rights to live in your country.

"Fear leads to anger

Anger leads to hate

(Sorry to quote star wars)"

No need to aplogise mate! Finding relevant Star Wars quotes is an important part of rhetoric!

"Like several other European countries Holland is seeing the consequences of past colonialism, you can't expect to grab the natural materials and crops of African and Carribean countries over the course of a couple of centuries and not expect to repay a certain number of their citizens to rights to live in your country.

"

what number?

Define the problem.

I don't see any problem as things currently are. The vast majority of immigrants just get on with their lives trying to make a living for their families.

Basically we're all immigrants here anyway of course."

That's a great line but it's completely pointless, everybody anywhere is an immigrant to an extent!.

The skill is in integration and how many you can integrate at any reasonable pace, I think the argument is to much dilutes your own culture and leads to fractures in communities.

The fact is that Britain has been taking immigrants, refugees, migrants and assylum seekers for over 50 years. So much so that the whole country has had to change to coincide with the change in its demographics. Some people like, indeed embrace these changes, others don't. Unfortunately those who don't like it have been criminalised, while those who do like it have been encouraged. This causes anger, frustration and even further division.

Then there are issues surrounding race and culture, with each feeling threatened by the other. With political correctness making ordinary working people afraid to speak out, nobody can be sure how many people are resentfully biting their tongues. Of course liberal finger waggers are insisting that there are no differences between the different races and cultures, and the ruling classes are enforcing this narrative by creating new laws involving race hatred. These laws being perceived to be one sided, because it is almost always white Britons who are prosecuted under them.

Then we have the wars in the Middle East and in other Islamic areas. I personally was against our participation in them all, as were the majority of Brits of all persuasions, races and religions. These wars have stoked the fires that led to extremism in those areas, that has spread to our shores. Now the likes of Islanic State have boasted about infiltrating the ranks of refugees heading into Europe, as well as indoctrinating the most if vulnerable British Muslims. Most people are now certain that sooner or later their will be one or more attack (s) similar to those already perpetrated in France.

So, If the problems listed by the OP are to be solved, then middle ground has to be established. Unfortunately nobody on any side of the argument has any appetite for compromise, and all the ruling classes can do is continue to take sides and persecute.

There are too many sides to this, and unfortunately the nearest we will ever get to a solution, is when one side manages to totally dominate all the others. The government however prefer things to continue as they are, because the distractions are a good smoke screen behind which they can get away with back scuttling the country into oblivion.

The only other solutions are another world war, (without the use of nukes), or a mass revolt against the ruling classes. Both would result in a huge reduction in the population, a culling as such. Unfortunate but that is the way we have been heading for decades, and it is now very close.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

"Like several other European countries Holland is seeing the consequences of past colonialism, you can't expect to grab the natural materials and crops of African and Carribean countries over the course of a couple of centuries and not expect to repay a certain number of their citizens to rights to live in your country.

what number?"

As many as the colonialist country feels is enough to repay the country they stripped I suppose, whether that is to help ease their conscience or not who knows?

That decision is with the elected bodies to ponder over....

what number?

As many as the colonialist country feels is enough to repay the country they stripped I suppose, whether that is to help ease their conscience or not who knows?

That decision is with the elected bodies to ponder over...."

those Mongols are in trouble then

Mind you seen as it's the least populated country in the world I suggest everybody goes to Mongolia

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

The problem is not just that our supermarkets are flooded with limes but all sorts of foreign citrus fruits which would never grow in our wet and cold climate!

Define the problem.

Basically we're all immigrants here anyway of course."

No. No we aren't all immigrants.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Define the problem.

No. No we aren't all immigrants."

No but many of us in our lineage will have those who once were immigrants and that's cool..

Define the problem.

No but many of us in our lineage will have those who once were immigrants and that's cool..

"

Maybe so but most Britons descend from early people's. Europeans have living in Europe for millenia. We are the indigenous now.

in Lancashire

Define the problem.

Maybe so but most Britons descend from early people's. Europeans have living in Europe for millenia. We are the indigenous now."

if your lineage is that of a mixture then an arbitrary line on a calendar doesn't make sense, even after the early people's we have had periods in our history when we have given refuge to people suffering persecution..

genetically people in the Orkneys are more Scandinavian, doesn't make them any less British than the descendants of the Huguenot or the Russian Jewish people who came here or any other group..

Define the problem.

Maybe so but most Britons descend from early people's. Europeans have living in Europe for millenia. We are the indigenous now.

if your lineage is that of a mixture then an arbitrary line on a calendar doesn't make sense, even after the early people's we have had periods in our history when we have given refuge to people suffering persecution..

genetically people in the Orkneys are more Scandinavian, doesn't make them any less British than the descendants of the Huguenot or the Russian Jewish people who came here or any other group.."

The Orkneys and Shetland are isolated

The vast vasy vast majority of people descend from the same people. The genetic input from others has been tiny.

I'm part Eastern European Jew btw.

Define the problem.

genetically people in the Orkneys are more Scandinavian, doesn't make them any less British than the descendants of the Huguenot or the Russian Jewish people who came here or any other group.."

I don't think any sensible person is worried about "immigration" as you say it's not exactly new, the real problem is the speed of it and the integration of different cultures.

Like say take the Huguenots that you mentioned, how many Huguenots came to the UK in say 100 years at its height and how did that effect their integration?.

According to google it was 50,000 in nearly a 100 years or 500 a year on average.... We're currently at 600,000 per year or thereabouts.

in Lancashire

Define the problem.

genetically people in the Orkneys are more Scandinavian, doesn't make them any less British than the descendants of the Huguenot or the Russian Jewish people who came here or any other group...

I don't think any sensible person is worried about "immigration" as you say it's not exactly new, the real problem is the speed of it and the integration of different cultures.

Like say take the Huguenots that you mentioned, how many Huguenots came to the UK in say 100 years at its height and how did that effect their integration?."

there will always be issue's whenever there is change, some people are scared of change..

long before the decision by Blair and co to allow an unknown number of people from the East of Europe there were issues with resources and a lack of infrastructure with schools, housing and the NHS etc so once there was a surge that only impacted on such things and people will seek to blame someone when such things occur..

personally stated on here in the halcyon days when this subject was in the lounge that we need to have a managed immigration system based on who we want who will benefit the country with skills etc..

some don't like that on the left as its cherry picking from certain countries but people have always moved to better themselves as they have done to escape persecution..

what we have now is another badly managed decision by Merkel to say what she did and that multiplied and added to those not only fleeing conflict but others who see the West as an improvement in their lot..

given her countries need for younger people for their economy in the future it possibly seemed like a good idea at the time..

we have for decades had no proper policy Nationally under any Government and part of its impact and their laissez faire attitude was borne out by perceptions of some in the Brexit vote that there needs to be a change..

add in that part of the globe is in conflict which has led to the largest number of people in 70 odd years being displaced and its where we are..

Define the problem.

genetically people in the Orkneys are more Scandinavian, doesn't make them any less British than the descendants of the Huguenot or the Russian Jewish people who came here or any other group...

Like say take the Huguenots that you mentioned, how many Huguenots came to the UK in say 100 years at its height and how did that effect their integration?.

there will always be issue's whenever there is change, some people are scared of change..

long before the decision by Blair and co to allow an unknown number of people from the East of Europe there were issues with resources and a lack of infrastructure with schools, housing and the NHS etc so once there was a surge that only impacted on such things and people will seek to blame someone when such things occur..

personally stated on here in the halcyon days when this subject was in the lounge that we need to have a managed immigration system based on who we want who will benefit the country with skills etc..

some don't like that on the left as its cherry picking from certain countries but people have always moved to better themselves as they have done to escape persecution..

what we have now is another badly managed decision by Merkel to say what she did and that multiplied and added to those not only fleeing conflict but others who see the West as an improvement in their lot..

given her countries need for younger people for their economy in the future it possibly seemed like a good idea at the time..

we have for decades had no proper policy Nationally under any Government and part of its impact and their laissez faire attitude was borne out by perceptions of some in the Brexit vote that there needs to be a change..

add in that part of the globe is in conflict which has led to the largest number of people in 70 odd years being displaced and its where we are..

"

Now you see I'm getting closer and closer to you on thinking and I'd never have thought that! .

in Lancashire

Define the problem.

Now you see I'm getting closer and closer to you on thinking and I'd never have thought that! .

"

the affinity for sandal wearing..

"

the affinity for sandal wearing.."

.... I'm considering getting a beret as well

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

The problem isn't just immigrants, its the locals too, far too many of them are ugly, and most of them aren't even swingers!

in Lancashire

"

the affinity for sandal wearing...

.... I'm considering getting a beret as well "

a la Frank Spencer..?

"

a la Frank Spencer..?

"

No no no... I'm thinking more like che Guevara

in Lancashire

"

a la Frank Spencer..?

No no no... I'm thinking more like che Guevara "

possibly contentious being a foreign type..

maybe his beret was made in the Empire..

"

a la Frank Spencer..?

No no no... I'm thinking more like che Guevara

possibly contentious being a foreign type..

maybe his beret was made in the Empire.."

I can't help it.... I've got a rebellious steak

Streak even.... Although I'm tempted with that rebellious steak now

» Add a new message to this topic