FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Monthly Bin Collection

Monthly Bin Collection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you effected?

Are you in an area where your council has decided to cut rubbish collections to once every four weeks

fine if you live on your own or no large family, but on the bright side, the wildlife and rats will be well fed and you can always purchase an air freshener for the summer months

Good idea or bad?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They continue to cut services but still put you're council tax up don't they! The problem is all of this outsourced contract rubbish collections making large amounts of money instead of the council doing it themselves.

On the radio yesterday that some bloke has gone private with his own truck and cleaning up (sorry for the pun) but this is coming at yet more cost to people.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

In Manchester the bin collections were reduced to once every 2 weeks a few years back, the result seem to have been an increase in fly tipping of household waste. The council have now reduced the size of the bins from 240 ltr to 140 ltr, I expect to see even more waste appearing on the streets.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Are you effected?

Are you in an area where your council has decided to cut rubbish collections to once every four weeks

fine if you live on your own or no large family, but on the bright side, the wildlife and rats will be well fed and you can always purchase an air freshener for the summer months

Good idea or bad? "

That's local democracy in action for you. Its not people in some far flung palace in London, or in fancy offices in Brussels, its local people, deciding whats best for their communities. I thought you were all for that op?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Are you effected?

Good idea or bad?

That's local democracy in action for you. Its not people in some far flung palace in London, or in fancy offices in Brussels, its local people, deciding whats best for their communities. I thought you were all for that op? "

come on, keep up with the news, then you will realise it comes from Westminster cuts

luckily my council and area are not effected

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Are you effected?

Good idea or bad?

That's local democracy in action for you. Its not people in some far flung palace in London, or in fancy offices in Brussels, its local people, deciding whats best for their communities. I thought you were all for that op?

come on, keep up with the news, then you will realise it comes from Westminster cuts

luckily my council and area are not effected"

Still relying on that old chestnut huh?

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

If u have a large family ... dont they allow you two bins ....

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Are you effected?

Good idea or bad?

luckily my council and area are not effected"

It's not cuts it's efficiency savings and trimming the bloated public sector remember.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Got the same thread running in the Lounge so Im closing this one sorry