FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > CFP & CAP

CFP & CAP

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

When/if the UK leaves the EU, who should take responsibility for fishing and agricultural policy, Westminster, or the devolved administrations?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"When/if the UK leaves the EU, who should take responsibility for fishing and agricultural policy, Westminster, or the devolved administrations? "

Captain Birds Eye and the Worzels

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

we had more years out then we have in, go back to old ways or could even come up with new way. fantastic having options

That was back in the day when we had a decent fishing fleet and good stocks of fish.....before the French and Spanish hoovered up with their micro nets!

Will take time to get back....but their won't be a CFP etc..... it will be a UKFP!

By *ande11Man  over a year ago

minehead

"When/if the UK leaves the EU, who should take responsibility for fishing and agricultural policy, Westminster, or the devolved administrations? "
Not holding my breath about either departments......

Cambridge

"we had more years out then we have in, go back to old ways or could even come up with new way. fantastic having options

"

But we didn't have devolved governments before did we?

Cambridge

"That was back in the day when we had a decent fishing fleet and good stocks of fish.....before the French and Spanish hoovered up with their micro nets!

Will take time to get back....but their won't be a CFP etc..... it will be a UKFP!"

I didn't say that there would be, I said who should be responsible, Westminster, or the devolved governments?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

The CFP and the CAP will continue just as they are because they are EU policies and will have nothing to do with the UK.

However UK fishing and agriculture policy will continue to be run by various agencies answering to the Department of Environment.

Cambridge

"The CFP and the CAP will continue just as they are because they are EU policies and will have nothing to do with the UK.

However UK fishing and agriculture policy will continue to be run by various agencies answering to the Department of Environment. "

Why not the devolved governments?

moston

"Why not the devolved governments? "

Well as far as fisheries policy is concerned that has to be controlled at a national level because the fishing fleet and its prey are nomadic seeking protection from bad weather and landing catches in numerous ports. Therefore fisheries need to be administered at a national level rather than a devolved level. Similarly because agriculture policy deals with more than the administration of subsidies it also needs to be administered at a national level.

However I am sure that Westminster politicians will be able to find a way to add extra layers of bureaucracy in order to give an illusion of devolving powers to national assemblies (jobs for the boys).

Cambridge

"Why not the devolved governments?

Well as far as fisheries policy is concerned that has to be controlled at a national level because the fishing fleet and its prey are nomadic seeking protection from bad weather and landing catches in numerous ports. Therefore fisheries need to be administered at a national level rather than a devolved level. Similarly because agriculture policy deals with more than the administration of subsidies it also needs to be administered at a national level.

However I am sure that Westminster politicians will be able to find a way to add extra layers of bureaucracy in order to give an illusion of devolving powers to national assemblies (jobs for the boys). "

But we have at least told the fish that we are leaving, right, and not to swim into any of those European waters?

moston

"But we have at least told the fish that we are leaving, right, and not to swim into any of those European waters? "

LoL, now that is funny!

Let the Fish Decide

However I am sure that Westminster politicians will be able to find a way to add extra layers of bureaucracy in order to give an illusion of devolving powers to national assemblies (jobs for the boys).

But we have at least told the fish that we are leaving, right, and not to swim into any of those European waters? "

We have, yes. We have also told the fish in European waters to come into our seas.

Whatever happens, if we actually do leave which is now in doubt. I would expect the Royal Navy to be on patrol in our fishing waters. If not then the French and Spanish fleets would continue to overfish them without batting an eyelid.

Cambridge

"Whatever happens, if we actually do leave which is now in doubt. I would expect the Royal Navy to be on patrol in our fishing waters. If not then the French and Spanish fleets would continue to overfish them without batting an eyelid."

Thwt would be a waste of military resources. If you want that function to be carried out it should be a civilian agency

But we have at least told the fish that we are leaving, right, and not to swim into any of those European waters? "

Don't be daft, Brexit is so good that we'll be innundated by cod coming to UK waters. Of course, we'll have to keep out immigrant cod so that we make sure they don't take the place of British cod in our friers!

"Whatever happens, if we actually do leave which is now in doubt. I would expect the Royal Navy to be on patrol in our fishing waters. If not then the French and Spanish fleets would continue to overfish them without batting an eyelid."

Have spend some of that fabled £350m a week on some ships then!

Cambridge

"Whatever happens, if we actually do leave which is now in doubt. I would expect the Royal Navy to be on patrol in our fishing waters. If not then the French and Spanish fleets would continue to overfish them without batting an eyelid.

Have spend some of that fabled £350m a week on some ships then!"

I thought we were spending that on the NHS?

» Add a new message to this topic