FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Well done Boris

Well done Boris

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isandre OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

At his speech at the Spectator dinner

"Brexit means brexit. And we are going to make a titanic success of it"

I shit you not, he said titanic. If ever there was a Freudian slip.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

No slip, just the Foreign Secretary telling us all whats on the way...

Don't say the government never told you...

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Although I disagree with his politics, Boris is a clever man and knows exactly what he is saying when he says it, especially something like this.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Although I disagree with his politics, Boris is a clever man and knows exactly what he is saying when he says it, especially something like this."

I agree. I think that he will be the first to jump the Brexit ship when the reality of the future prognosis is laid bare. In his wistful disarming way he will admit that he thought that he was doing what was best, but when the reality of the future was laid open he could not allow himself to be in a position to take the country down a road that would make it poorer, less influential and less relevant in the world.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Although I disagree with his politics, Boris is a clever man and knows exactly what he is saying when he says it, especially something like this.

I agree. I think that he will be the first to jump the Brexit ship when the reality of the future prognosis is laid bare. In his wistful disarming way he will admit that he thought that he was doing what was best, but when the reality of the future was laid open he could not allow himself to be in a position to take the country down a road that would make it poorer, less influential and less relevant in the world."

in your opinion. The majority think otherwise

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Although I disagree with his politics, Boris is a clever man and knows exactly what he is saying when he says it, especially something like this.

I agree. I think that he will be the first to jump the Brexit ship when the reality of the future prognosis is laid bare. In his wistful disarming way he will admit that he thought that he was doing what was best, but when the reality of the future was laid open he could not allow himself to be in a position to take the country down a road that would make it poorer, less influential and less relevant in the world.

in your opinion. The majority think otherwise"

The GBP has risen sharply this morning on the back of the High Court ruling. The world has faith again that Britain may just end up doing the right thing.

in your opinion. The majority think otherwise

The GBP has risen sharply this morning on the back of the High Court ruling. The world has faith again that Britain may just end up doing the right thing. "

which means that the value has nothing to do with economic reality but is being politically driven

Hartlepool

in your opinion. The majority think otherwise"

The majority do not think otherwise.

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

"Although I disagree with his politics, Boris is a clever man and knows exactly what he is saying when he says it, especially something like this."

Boris will do what is best for Boris.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Boris will do what is best for Boris. "

this..

always has and always will..

happy when Mayor of London to poach a Labour councillor whom he knew was under investigation for matter's financial, invent a position on the fire authority with a nice expenses salary to sway the vote..

however when the ombudsman investigated her and she was suspended thus taking away his majority, he overruled the authority by using his mandate which he invented outside the constitution..

that's Boris..

I doubt when he said titanic that he was was referring to the ship that sank after hitting an iceberg. The word existed before the ship, it was used to describe something massive. The Titans are mythical creatures, in Greek ??t?? Titán. That will be what he meant.

Not that it matters now, our votes counted for nothing, and the politicians are still lying.

Hartlepool

You are saying he is stuck in some sort of romanticised past that never really existed?

Just what we want from a Minister entrusted with forging a progressive future in the modern world.

I mean honestly, how much more out of touch can you be not to realise the world has moved on in its interpretation of a word like Titanic?

Don't be silly, the word titanic can be used to describe something enormous.

That is all, and I don't like Boris any more or trust him any more than any other LibLabCon politician...

Hartlepool

"Don't be silly, the word titanic can be used to describe something enormous.

"

It can, usually an enormous failure or a gigantic catastrophe. Come on now, in the context of what he was describing .... he's a fuckwit or merely hinting he really believed what he said in his other penned article he had ready when deciding which camp to land in to give him the best chance of a future Tory Leadership campaign victory.

Cambridge

Boris will do what is best for Boris. "

I agree, he is the kind of politician that opitimises 'These are my principles, and if you don't like them, well... I have others'

Cambridge

"Don't be silly, the word titanic can be used to describe something enormous.

That is all, and I don't like Boris any more or trust him any more than any other LibLabCon politician..."

Do you vote Green Party instead?

» Add a new message to this topic