FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Don't understand why Obama

Don't understand why Obama

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple  over a year ago

notts

Has not stood for president again. Don't follow these things really so maybe missed the reason but feel he has done a really good job in the time he was in the whitehouse.

Just feel that neither Trump or Clinton are the right people for the job and would be better if Obama were to stay in office.

Any thoughts??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Term limits.

Presidents are limited to 2 terms.

A. He was a useless President

B. A president can only serve 2 terms

A person serving as the US president is limited to 10 years in office.

"Has not stood for president again. Don't follow these things really so maybe missed the reason but feel he has done a really good job in the time he was in the whitehouse.

Just feel that neither Trump or Clinton are the right people for the job and would be better if Obama were to stay in office.

Any thoughts??"

Wheb you say a god job what good has he done for the Americans.

This is actually a genuine question with no undertones so dont worry I wont be making any feeble attempt at ripping your reply apart.

x

notts

As I said. Don't follow politics at all so just thought he had done a decent job of it. Obviously I am wrong then. Didn't even know about the term length in office. Was just a question that I didn't know the answer to, was not an opinion

"As I said. Don't follow politics at all so just thought he had done a decent job of it. Obviously I am wrong then. Didn't even know about the term length in office. Was just a question that I didn't know the answer to, was not an opinion "

I like Obama and I think he did a great job. So I would say that you aren't wrong. I'd vote for him again if I could.

"As I said. Don't follow politics at all so just thought he had done a decent job of it. Obviously I am wrong then. Didn't even know about the term length in office. Was just a question that I didn't know the answer to, was not an opinion

I like Obama and I think he did a great job. So I would say that you aren't wrong. I'd vote for him again if I could. "

out of interest..now you live here. Can you vote in the us elections? just wondering...

"A. He was a useless President

B. A president can only serve 2 terms"

The reason he was largely useless is cause Congress was controlled by the Republicans meaning he was very limited in what he could do

notts

And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?

"As I said. Don't follow politics at all so just thought he had done a decent job of it. Obviously I am wrong then. Didn't even know about the term length in office. Was just a question that I didn't know the answer to, was not an opinion

I like Obama and I think he did a great job. So I would say that you aren't wrong. I'd vote for him again if I could.

out of interest..now you live here. Can you vote in the us elections? just wondering..."

Yes, I can. I mailed in my absentee ballot two days ago.

"And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?"

Both are pretty bad, but Donald isn't presidential material. I voted for Hillary. I don't really want to get into my reasons why because I've argued it too much already on here and I'm saving my persuasive arguments for people who will actually have a vote in the election.

By *uited staffs guyMan  over a year ago

staffordshire

The reason he was largely useless is cause Congress was controlled by the Republicans meaning he was very limited in what he could do"

Exactly

It's a bit like having May as PM with a large labour majority in the commons - how much power do you think she'd have?

Can someone give me a good fact about why Obama has been a good president:-/

By *arlock69Man  over a year ago

Batley... (near Leeds)

It doesn't seem to be in the American constitution that a president can only serve 2 terms...take a look for yourselves

"It doesn't seem to be in the American constitution that a president can only serve 2 terms...take a look for yourselves"

It's the 22nd amendment. It was ratified in the 1950s after FDR died.

"As I said. Don't follow politics at all so just thought he had done a decent job of it. Obviously I am wrong then. Didn't even know about the term length in office. Was just a question that I didn't know the answer to, was not an opinion "

I really wasnt trying to knock you my friend x

I aint got a clue myself

[Removed by poster at 04/11/16 14:25:43]

"And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?"
I like trump, he is the only one addressing the problem with illegal aliens, which can become a huge problem in the end, hilary is a security risk to the nation and is under investigation by the fbi, so would be unfit for president.

notts

I really wasnt trying to knock you my friend x

I aint got a clue myself"

In the same boat as us then lol

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

The reason he was largely useless is cause Congress was controlled by the Republicans meaning he was very limited in what he could do"

Going to miss him when he leaves. Dark days for the states.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"Term limits.

Presidents are limited to 2 terms."

Eff eff ess

"And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?I like trump, he is the only one addressing the problem with illegal aliens, which can become a huge problem in the end, hilary is a security risk to the nation and is under investigation by the fbi, so would be unfit for president."

Illegal aliens, do you mean immigrants ?

Because if yes then I'm surprised you trashed Brexit so much.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?I like trump, he is the only one addressing the problem with illegal aliens, which can become a huge problem in the end, hilary is a security risk to the nation and is under investigation by the fbi, so would be unfit for president."

wrong again Shag..

"And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?I like trump, he is the only one addressing the problem with illegal aliens, which can become a huge problem in the end, hilary is a security risk to the nation and is under investigation by the fbi, so would be unfit for president.

Because if yes then I'm surprised you trashed Brexit so much."

lol yes I do there, but it is americas problem you know, with brexit is more with the single market witch is more important to be in.

Problem with Obama is that he needed sponsors for the elections etc. Those sponsors would not support him if some changes that he made were bad for their business whilst good for society.

"And if I can ask. What is your opinion on the choice of candidates for his replacement?I like trump, he is the only one addressing the problem with illegal aliens, which can become a huge problem in the end, hilary is a security risk to the nation and is under investigation by the fbi, so would be unfit for president.

wrong again Shag.."

We all got views and that is yours.

Because if yes then I'm surprised you trashed Brexit so much.lol yes I do there, but it is americas problem you know, with brexit is more with the single market witch is more important to be in. "

Actually no, it's not just America's problem because I can assure changes in America affect everyone.

Because if yes then I'm surprised you trashed Brexit so much."

in Lancashire

wrong again Shag..We all got views and that is yours."

she isn't under investigation at this point, she was with the email issue but that was closed..

she may be again or equally she may not be..

it may be your opinion that she should be but innocent till proven guilty if charged etc comes to mind..

so yes its my opinion your wrong..

wrong again Shag..We all got views and that is yours.

she isn't under investigation at this point, she was with the email issue but that was closed..

it may be your opinion that she should be but innocent till proven guilty if charged etc comes to mind..

so yes its my opinion your wrong.."

Yes, we will see if she get charged for it.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Have you been over there recently? It has still got a north/south divide in terms of virtually open racism in the southern states. And if all of the South American and Cuban illegals were deported, Trump would be out of business (again) and certainly not have anyone cleaning his properties and maintaining his gardens.

I'm not even going to get started on the Trump supporters and the media over there

Have you been over there recently? It has still got a north/south divide in terms of virtually open racism in the southern states. And if all of the South American and Cuban illegals were deported, Trump would be out of business (again) and certainly not have anyone cleaning his properties and maintaining his gardens.

I'm not even going to get started on the Trump supporters and the media over there "

No. I havent been there and I know yes, it is still like the 60's with the divide there, they do need to be in this century on that front, it will be a close race of who will win.

I'm not even going to get started on the Trump supporters and the media over there No. I havent been there and I know yes, it is still like the 60's with the divide there, they do need to be in this century on that front, it will be a close race of who will win."

They are both the worst candidates for either Party (although Cruz would probably have been a chilling alternative to Trump) and it is stunningly unbelievable that out of a couple of billion folks they somehow sift them to the top of the pile.

A couple of weeks back I was there and it seemed more in Clinton's favour than Trumps. But if all of the NRA gun nuts come out in force along with the red necks and hillbillys to back up the fools that believe Trump can really "Make America Great Again" on vote day, the unthinkable may actually happen

One things for sure this has to be about the nuttiest election the USA has ever seen

out of interest..now you live here. Can you vote in the us elections? just wondering...

Yes, I can. I mailed in my absentee ballot two days ago. "

didn't even know that was a thing..You learn something every day. cheers

I don't understand why these elections are always about the personality of potential presidents. Surely it should be a party political thing. They have narrowed it down to two candidates, one Democrat one Republican.

If I was American I would vote republican, simply because a change is so desperately needed. Trump is just a mouthpiece, and just like Obama would have no real power.

I have been to the US twice in recent years, I loved the time I spent in Orlando and so went back to the same place just off I Drive. I am being perfectly honest when I say that there was more diversity there than there ever is here.

I've no idea how effective Obama has been as a president. But I still like him.

Our own options make me very depressed.

"I don't understand why these elections are always about the personality of potential presidents. Surely it should be a party political thing."

IF that is what these elections are about then it is the cult of personality .... in the same way as in the uk, 4 million narrow minded ignoramuses were duped into voting for a party of bigoted chancers lead by a slightly charismatic racist turd

"I don't understand why these elections are always about the personality of potential presidents. Surely it should be a party political thing.

IF that is what these elections are about then it is the cult of personality .... in the same way as in the uk, 4 million narrow minded ignoramuses were duped into voting for a party of bigoted chancers lead by a slightly charismatic racist turd"

That's it is it?

Ok, WHATEVER!

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

so yes its my opinion your wrong.."

FBI reopened the case thanks to mr weiner what ever having 600k plus emails on his laptop and looking like mr Obama will have to pardon her or will be going to jail

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"A. He was a useless President"

Nonsense.

Google Obama achievements. He delivered a lot, against the odds.

they've all been a shower of shit since Eisenhower with the possible exception of Jimmy carter, everyone of them slashed tax's for the rich, increased tax's for the ordinary person, spent shed loads and did nothing for the big problems....

I predict a very quick demise for the US empire under Clinton and even quicker one under trump!.

When empires collapse it leaves gaps to be filled by others?... That could be problematic for us all

staffordshire

FBI reopened the case thanks to mr weiner what ever having 600k plus emails on his laptop and looking like mr Obama will have to pardon her or will be going to jail"

How can he pardon her for an offence she hasn't been even charged with any offence let alone convicted?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"How can he pardon her for an offence she hasn't been even charged with any offence let alone convicted?"

He can grant her immunity from prosecution by Presidential Decree.

Its a bit like the PM giving a Public Immunity Certificate to someone who breaks the law for the government. Only here a Judge can overturn a PIC and I am not sure that the Supreme Court or even Congress can overturn a Presidential Decree.

We don't even know what the emails are yet? Just that they've discovered more on this Weiner guys laptop

staffordshire

"How can he pardon her for an offence she hasn't been even charged with any offence let alone convicted?

He can grant her immunity from prosecution by Presidential Decree.

Its a bit like the PM giving a Public Immunity Certificate to someone who breaks the law for the government. Only here a Judge can overturn a PIC and I am not sure that the Supreme Court or even Congress can overturn a Presidential Decree."

But given the FBI has said there's nothing in there to even warrant a charge let alone a conviction, and nothing to suggest the ex of one of her aides would have anything more than Clinton herself actually had, then I can't see why Obama would even think a pre-emptive pardon was necessary?

moston

"But given the FBI has said there's nothing in there to even warrant a charge let alone a conviction, and nothing to suggest the ex of one of her aides would have anything more than Clinton herself actually had, then I can't see why Obama would even think a pre-emptive pardon was necessary?"

I was not suggesting that Clinton has done anything illegal. I was just explaining the mechanics of how a US President can give anyone immunity. However I was hoping that our favourite US citizen (where are you Fabio?) would pop by and either confirm or correct my impression that a Presidential Decree can not be overturned.

in Lancashire

FBI reopened the case thanks to mr weiner what ever having 600k plus emails on his laptop and looking like mr Obama will have to pardon her or will be going to jail"

given she hasn't been charged yet let alone convicted and by the time that happens if it does then there will be a new occupant of the Whitehouse..

which will either be herself or Trump..

in Lancashire

"But given the FBI has said there's nothing in there to even warrant a charge let alone a conviction, and nothing to suggest the ex of one of her aides would have anything more than Clinton herself actually had, then I can't see why Obama would even think a pre-emptive pardon was necessary?

I was not suggesting that Clinton has done anything illegal. I was just explaining the mechanics of how a US President can give anyone immunity. However I was hoping that our favourite US citizen (where are you Fabio?) would pop by and either confirm or correct my impression that a Presidential Decree can not be overturned."

on the mechanics of such yes, but in the real world with a country as divided as the USA is then any such action would possibly only lead to direct action by some..

moston

"on the mechanics of such yes, but in the real world with a country as divided as the USA is then any such action would possibly only lead to direct action by some.. "

The fact is that Trump has already publicly suggested that Putin (the head of a hostile power) should hack the Democratic party and Clinton and publish what they find or forge for his benefit, and that should Clinton win the election that the NRA should 'take care of her' just as he told supporters to 'deal with hecklers' and he would pay their legal expenses if they were prosecuted. Further he has said he will only accept the election result if he wins. I think that direct action is inevitable if no matter who wins.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"on the mechanics of such yes, but in the real world with a country as divided as the USA is then any such action would possibly only lead to direct action by some..

The fact is that Trump has already publicly suggested that Putin (the head of a hostile power) should hack the Democratic party and Clinton and publish what they find or forge for his benefit, and that should Clinton win the election that the NRA should 'take care of her' just as he told supporters to 'deal with hecklers' and he would pay their legal expenses if they were prosecuted. Further he has said he will only accept the election result if he wins. I think that direct action is inevitable if no matter who wins."

there you go again "putin (head of a hostile state)" stop being so misinformed.

Russia has only 2 military bases outside its country and both bases was by invitation.

The US has over 180 military bases in various parts of the world poking its noses in and causing more harm than good.

russia spends 50billion a year on its military.

Congress signed of on 540 billion last year for the US military (over ten times the amount as russia).

Russia wants talks and co operation especially regarding terrorism yet the US walks away and ignores.

Russia doesnt have missile systems surrounding and pointing towards america, yet the USand Nato has missile systems all around russias borders.

Im sorry but russia is not the aggressor here its the west.

» Add a new message to this topic