FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The US presidential election race to the white house 2016

The US presidential election race to the white house 2016

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Will you also follow the election day today? It will start in 4hrs 25min and continue through out the day. I think they will show it 3pm in UK time and at 11pm bbc1 will have a special live program, who do you reckon will be the president? I predict that trump will win.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Yep.

I dont think there has been a more important US election in adult my life.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

I am here living it with normal people who hope that enough other normal people will vote in order to stop the Trumpster wrecking the country.

The Brexit referendum parallels are incredible.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The Brexit referendum parallels are incredible."

Let's hope you're right!

"I am here living it with normal people who hope that enough other normal people will vote in order to stop the Trumpster wrecking the country.

The Brexit referendum parallels are incredible."

lol

"normal people" like yourself

By *ightfall79Man  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

I still think Donald Trump will win this election even though the bookmakers say otherwise.

The swing states will have a huge say in this election such as Florida , Ohio , Pennsylvania and a big key could be New Hampshire.

If one of the candidates was to win all if the above swing states then it would give them a huge hold on the Whitehouse.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I am here living it with normal people who hope that enough other normal people will vote in order to stop the Trumpster wrecking the country.

The Brexit referendum parallels are incredible."

didnt you say the other day you was speaking to some doctor or professor (sorry I can't recall the profession but it was somthing quite important) where he said he prays for a trump win as its the only hope for america.?

liverpool

Apparently (ok put on your conspiracy goggles and tin foil hats) they wont let trump become president no matter what, there will be some kind of false flag attack where oboma will cancel the election and remain as president, either a terrorist attack or "russian cyber attack" (yup its always the russians according to the current us government).

Not that I believe any of this will happen ofcourse but considering the media hate trump, the establishment hate trump, corporations hate trump I wouldn't put it past them for somthing to happen near the end of the elections trump is on top.

Even julian assange has said they wont let trump brcome president no matter what.

lets wait and see I guess.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Clinton to win the electoral college, Trump the popular vote, 6 months of thumb to middle finger telling how the elites kept the overwhelming choice of Americans out of the white house.

By *ubbykittenWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Apparently (ok put on your conspiracy goggles and tin foil hats) they wont let trump become president no matter what, there will be some kind of false flag attack where oboma will cancel the election and remain as president, either a terrorist attack or "russian cyber attack" (yup its always the russians according to the current us government).

Not that I believe any of this will happen ofcourse but considering the media hate trump, the establishment hate trump, corporations hate trump I wouldn't put it past them for somthing to happen near the end of the elections trump is on top.

Even julian assange has said they wont let trump brcome president no matter what.

lets wait and see I guess."

I have been watching the election very closely as it will affect us all! I do tend to agree that I don't believe they will let Trump be president. No idea about the conspiracy theories you mention but certainly the big guns have been rolled out to support Hilary with Obama rousing speech last night. Trump has still has a lot to do to win but technically it is possible. But they are going to see everything they can to block him. What will be interesting is how Trump responds to failure.

It is a huge turn out for the voting.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Apparently (ok put on your conspiracy goggles and tin foil hats) they wont let trump become president no matter what, there will be some kind of false flag attack where oboma will cancel the election and remain as president, either a terrorist attack or "russian cyber attack" (yup its always the russians according to the current us government).

lets wait and see I guess."

Alex Jones from info Wars also has some interesting opinions on it.

North West

The Brexit referendum parallels are incredible.

didnt you say the other day you was speaking to some doctor or professor (sorry I can't recall the profession but it was somthing quite important) where he said he prays for a trump win as its the only hope for america.?"

Yes - He is a highly qualified Attornery and that is exactly what he said. This guy is not a day to day associate of mine.

The people who I employ here and my business partners are all worried enough about Trump that they have all been out to vote this morning.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Alex Jones from info Wars also has some interesting opinions on it. "

if you are listening to alex jones that actually explains a lot.....

even by nutjob standards he is certifiable........

Few hours left to vote

It will be a long night and we might know who have won by 4am and it could stretch as long as to 6am.

Cannock

"

even by nutjob standards he is certifiable........"

Didn't say I agreed with Alex Jones opinions only that he has some interesting opinions.

"

even by nutjob standards he is certifiable........

Didn't say I agreed with Alex Jones opinions only that he has some interesting opinions. "

Interesting and fucking hilarious - seriously I remember when he came over here, on Andrew Neil's show and got torn to shreds.

Once the hilarity of some of the conspiracy shit rubs off, and how funny it is when he makes a point then provides no solution, I turn it off. Sounds like he gargles gravel each morning.

moston

Indiana and Kentucky go to Trump.

Trump wins Ohio!

Kent

"Trump wins Ohio!"

I don't think Ohio votes are in yet.

"Trump wins Ohio!

I don't think Ohio votes are in yet. "

Yes, he won ohio now.

Cannock

"Trump wins Ohio!

I don't think Ohio votes are in yet. "

The exit poll for Ohio said Trump just about nudged it. One interesting fact for you every President except one in history has won Ohio.

Clinton surging in Florida now

Kent

"Trump wins Ohio!

I don't think Ohio votes are in yet.

The exit poll for Ohio said Trump just about nudged it. One interesting fact for you every President except one in history has won Ohio. "

Clinton is leading Ohio right now

Kent

I wpuld bet a fuck that Clinton wins the presidency! Lol!!

moston

exit poll says clinton has won florida

Kent

"exit poll says clinton has won florida

"

Yep. Probably. Not all votes in yet but certainly looks that way.

Where was all the information about Ohio from?

It's nowhere near projecting yet.

Cannock

"Where was all the information about Ohio from?

It's nowhere near projecting yet."

I saw the exit poll for ohio on sky news. It said Trump had won.

North West

"Trump wins Ohio!"

Rubbish. Ohio has not declared. Remember that rural electoral regions are small and mainly Republican and those votes are quick to count. The cities are overwhelmingly bigger and Democratic and take longer to count.

North West

"Trump wins Ohio!

Rubbish. Ohio has not declared. Remember that rural electoral regions are small and mainly Republican and those votes are quick to count. The cities are overwhelmingly bigger and Democratic and take longer to count."

And by the way I am sat in a bar in Cleveland watching the Hawks v Cavs on one screen and the election on the other. The city results will come in last and they are Democrat. There are no Trumpsters in this bar.

North West

Remember folks, unlike the UK the results are coming in live according to the vote count. This means you are seeing live results as they are counted, not exit polls. It is entirely possible that a 90/10 result after 15% of the vote can change to a 20/80 final result after 100%. Rural areas come in first cos they are low numbers and quick to count. Cities take longer.

Kent

"Remember folks, unlike the UK the results are coming in live according to the vote count. This means you are seeing live results as they are counted, not exit polls. It is entirely possible that a 90/10 result after 15% of the vote can change to a 20/80 final result after 100%. Rural areas come in first cos they are low numbers and quick to count. Cities take longer."

Yes I get that. I am watching the votes coming in. Florida is waiting for remaining votes but look like they might be Democrat so Clinton could get it. But if Trump doesn't then they say he would have no chance of getting the white house.

Cannock

"Remember folks, unlike the UK the results are coming in live according to the vote count. This means you are seeing live results as they are counted, not exit polls. It is entirely possible that a 90/10 result after 15% of the vote can change to a 20/80 final result after 100%. Rural areas come in first cos they are low numbers and quick to count. Cities take longer.

Yes I get that. I am watching the votes coming in. Florida is waiting for remaining votes but look like they might be Democrat so Clinton could get it. But if Trump doesn't then they say he would have no chance of getting the white house. "

Well they just said on sky news 91% of the votes counted in florida and Trump is in the lead on 49% to Clinton on 47%

The analyst on sky news said that means so far Trump is ahead by around 70,000 votes, it's touch and go if Clinton can make that number back with the remaining 9% of the vote left to count.

moston

Trump first to pass 100 ECV's

moston

Is Florida an EC all or nothing state?

Kent

"Remember folks, unlike the UK the results are coming in live according to the vote count. This means you are seeing live results as they are counted, not exit polls. It is entirely possible that a 90/10 result after 15% of the vote can change to a 20/80 final result after 100%. Rural areas come in first cos they are low numbers and quick to count. Cities take longer.

Yes I get that. I am watching the votes coming in. Florida is waiting for remaining votes but look like they might be Democrat so Clinton could get it. But if Trump doesn't then they say he would have no chance of getting the white house.

Well they just said on sky news 91% of the votes counted in florida and Trump is in the lead on 49% to Clinton on 47%

The analyst on sky news said that means so far Trump is ahead by around 70,000 votes, it's touch and go if Clinton can make that number back with the remaining 9% of the vote left to count. "

Yes but that 9% represents a lot of votes so she still has a chancc of taking Florida.

All I can say is...it's BJs on me if I am right and Clinton wins Florida. Lol!

But wow this election is close!

Cannock

The analyst on sky news said that means so far Trump is ahead by around 70,000 votes, it's touch and go if Clinton can make that number back with the remaining 9% of the vote left to count.

Yes but that 9% represents a lot of votes so she still has a chancc of taking Florida.

All I can say is...it's BJs on me if I am right and Clinton wins Florida. Lol!

But wow this election is close! "

94% of votes now counted in Florida, and Trump has extended his lead. sky news saying he is now 150,000 votes in the lead over Clinton.

North West

As I said in a previous thread. Up until September this was only ever going to be a Democratic victory, but the last month had seen a big change.

There is now a possibility of a narrow Trump victory. Good luck world, I am heading back to the UK tomorrow.

Kent

Yes. It is looking scarily like a Trump victory. I can barely watch.

Doomed

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I hate to say it but Hilary needs a miracle

Bloody hell this is going to be a close call

Kent

"Bloody hell this is going to be a close call "

Not really. She has lost.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Bloody hell this is going to be a close call

Not really. She has lost."

Yes

Kent

I think it is poor form that Hilary doesn't doesn't simply give it up now and join all those thousands of people who have been waiting to see her. She can't win now. The votes are nearly all in. They have waited for her for hours and hours. But after all that time they get Podesta arrive to essentially say 'thanks very much, go home and we'll be in touch tomorrow when all the votes are in'. They are practically nearly all in! Both candidates had prepared acceptance speeches and speeches if they lost. I think she needs to conceed now and do the right thing. No doubt she will be upset but if we are to believe that she is a true leader then she has the chance to at least prove it now.

Looks like many on here are getting ready to eat their words from many previous posts and threads

many here are in common ground with UK "experts" when they gave their views on referendum - "full of shit"

liverpool

"Looks like many on here are getting ready to eat their words from many previous posts and threads

many here are in common ground with UK "experts" when they gave their views on referendum - "full of shit"

"

indeed.

Its a shame the thread from last night where a certain someone laughed hard when somone said they was going to watch the election on fox, he told him to go watch cnn instead and only to turn over to fox once the results are in as its good for a laugh.

he also was too confident and said he was going to watch hillary win florida then set his alarm for 4am to watch trumps concession speech.

thats what watching a biased media like cnn will do to you, feed you all one sided nonsense and make you over confident and expecting a hillary landslide when that was far from the case.

It was a good election and well done to trump for winning it

I had been secretly thinking it and not wanting it to happen, but all along, it does look like Trump's populism and take to ignore the complex issues approach is going to get him this election.

Hoping for a Hilary miracle - I can't believe I put that name and word together.

"It was a good election and well done to trump for winning it "

Shag I never put you down as a trump supporter

Clinton has just called Trump and conceeded

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"It was a good election and well done to trump for winning it "

Come on Shag, your preferred candidate may have won, but no one can say that that was a good election campaign for either side.

Well well well.... were all brexiters now!.

Now where's my trump cap and brown shirt, ahh yes there you are.... Trump trump trump

in Lancashire

If its 'talking shit' to disagree and be concerned about their character with any father who agrees that his own daughter 'is a piece of ass' and who also makes an inappropriate comment about a ten yr old girl then I am happy to continue to talk shit..

let alone what else he said which go against my beliefs..

said on here both were far from ideal and would have preferred the least less ideal one but we have to respect the democracy of the voters who have put him in office..

been a horrible campaign and interesting times ahead for all..

Kent

I would hate to be Melania Trump. He just ignores her and expects her to walk behind him. But then she is VERY subservient to him. At least her body language shows that.

Sorry if my calling Ohio early caused a bit of a fuss. It was following a call from a friend at the count....they are a bit ahead of the official release of "live" figures.

Ohio tend to go the way of the country. For me it was all over by then so I went to bed.

Any bricklayers! Head for US.....a chuffing big wall waiting to be built. But bad news is the Mexicans are paying for it and the Peso has crashed!

Hilary going to jail?

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

A triumph for democracy?

"A triumph for democracy?"

Technically yes. He even has the larger "popular" vote not just the electoral college.

Perhaps the democrats will be more gracious than the bremoaners?

Cannock

Well I predicted on here right at the very start of the primaries Trump would win this thing, my Briar score must have now gone through the roof.

All those over confident arrogant Clinton supporters were wrong just like the remainers in the Brexit vote.

So much for Obama saying we would be at the back of the queue for a trade deal, he is now eating his words, what a fool he now looks. Trump said he wants trade deals on a 1 to 1 country basis which puts us in a good position and near the front of the queue for a trade deal with usa now we are leaving the EU.

The EU won't get any kind of trade deal with Trump as president.

in Lancashire

"A triumph for democracy?"

Or a con job, which lets be honest most of us think something similar of the political opposition when the other lot are in power..

politics is in some ways too adversarial and divisive to benefit most of the people all of the time, objectivity gets lost in a 'we are right, you are wrong' rhetoric when often with most countries where the elections are won by capturing the centre ground by enticing what were the other sides swinging voters to be your sides mandate..

certainly its preferable to a dictatorship of any hue..

Trump now has to deliver on the economy for his core voters or it will be a one term Presidency, he has the means with both houses to do that so there will be no excuses if he doesn't..

liverpool

"Well I predicted on here right at the very start of the primaries Trump would win this thing, my Briar score must have now gone through the roof.

All those over confident arrogant Clinton supporters were wrong just like the remainers in the Brexit vote.

So much for Obama saying we would be at the back of the queue for a trade deal, he is now eating his words, what a fool he now looks. Trump said he wants trade deals on a 1 to 1 country basis which puts us in a good position and near the front of the queue for a trade deal with usa now we are leaving the EU.

The EU won't get any kind of trade deal with Trump as president. "

spot on

Trumps exact words

"Its going to be a Brexit+++"

plus plus plus

"It was a good election and well done to trump for winning it

Shag I never put you down as a trump supporter"

I like him and when he did the apprentice you know.

"It was a good election and well done to trump for winning it

Come on Shag, your preferred candidate may have won, but no one can say that that was a good election campaign for either side."

That is right and yeah the campaign from both sides could of been better.

Cannock

"Looks like many on here are getting ready to eat their words from many previous posts and threads

indeed.

Its a shame the thread from last night where a certain someone laughed hard when somone said they was going to watch the election on fox, he told him to go watch cnn instead and only to turn over to fox once the results are in as its good for a laugh.

he also was too confident and said he was going to watch hillary win florida then set his alarm for 4am to watch trumps concession speech.

thats what watching a biased media like cnn will do to you, feed you all one sided nonsense and make you over confident and expecting a hillary landslide when that was far from the case."

I think we all know who you are talking about. I told him on that thread he was too over confident. Where is Mr Fabio now?

liverpool

indeed.

thats what watching a biased media like cnn will do to you, feed you all one sided nonsense and make you over confident and expecting a hillary landslide when that was far from the case.

I think we all know who you are talking about. I told him on that thread he was too over confident. Where is Mr Fabio now? "

spot on

Didnt want to mention any names just incase I ended up on the 48 hour naughty step.

moston

After an hour or so's careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that:

1/ I think the same fuckers that voted for Thatcher and Reagan got old and don't accept that they are reaping what they sowed 30 years ago and just planted a whole new batch of poison seeds.

2/ I think the fucking dicks that think Trump is one of them should try to book a room at one of his hotels or try staying at one of his golf resorts- see what he thinks of you average good old boy then.

3/ I think we have a man that turned himself from a millionaire into a billionaire by raping businesses with corporate bankruptcies for personal gain now in charge of the US treasury - good luck with that!

4/ I think I need to stop thinking about this or Ill pop a blood vessel!

And after a little more thought I decided that this post was worth repeating here for others to comment on.

"After an hour or so's careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that:

1/ I think the same fuckers that voted for Thatcher and Reagan got old and don't accept that they are reaping what they sowed 30 years ago and just planted a whole new batch of poison seeds.

2/ I think the fucking dicks that think Trump is one of them should try to book a room at one of his hotels or try staying at one of his golf resorts- see what he thinks of you average good old boy then.

3/ I think we have a man that turned himself from a millionaire into a billionaire by raping businesses with corporate bankruptcies for personal gain now in charge of the US treasury - good luck with that!

And after a little more thought I decided that this post was worth repeating here for others to comment on."

I stayed at Trumps Turnberry Trump Hotel last week, never have I stayed in a "cleaner" room in the UK, this is an absolute quality 5 star hotel and is absolutely spotless

I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and this one has beat them all when it comes to room and hotel cleanliness.

Newcastle and Gateshead

indeed.

I think we all know who you are talking about. I told him on that thread he was too over confident. Where is Mr Fabio now?

spot on

Didnt want to mention any names just incase I ended up on the 48 hour naughty step."

wanna take a shot.... have at it.....

we all knew florida and north carolina and ohio was close.......

how many of you "monday morning quarterbacks" thought michigan, wisconsin and pennsylvania would go....... i am guess about the same number trump supporters did..... zero!!!!

if the midwest didn't turn... hillary still wins, thats without talking about all the states that were always toss ups...... trumps path to 270 was always harder than hillarys.... trump did what no other republican had done in 32 years.... kudos to him!!!!

but please don't make out you were the guru who saw that coming either!!!! because trumps team didn't see any of those states doing what they did!

there cancelled appearences in wisconsin because they thought it had gone, in favour of a trip to minnesota and new mexico (which trump both lost) they only started going into michigan 5 days ago.......

so yeah... have a go, laugh.....

liverpool

indeed.

spot on

Didnt want to mention any names just incase I ended up on the 48 hour naughty step.

how many of you "monday morning quarterbacks" thought michigan, wisconsin and pennsylvania would go....... i am guess about the same number trump supporters did..... zero!!!!

if the midwest didn't turn... hillary still wins, thats without talking about all the states that were always toss ups...... trumps path to 270 was always harder than hillarys.... trump did what no other republican had done in 32 years.... kudos to him!!!!

but please don't make out you were the guru who saw that coming either!!!! because trumps team didn't see any of those states doing what they did!

there cancelled appearences in wisconsin because they thought it had gone, in favour of a trip to minnesota and new mexico (which trump both lost) they only started going into michigan 5 days ago.......

so yeah... have a go, laugh..... "

what was it you replied to one of my posts the other day.

"Swing and a miss" I believe.

well touche

However I wont laugh or be all high and mighty as you came across to others with your over confidence (again I blame cnn for that you really should watch other independent news to form a more clear view whats going on out there).

all I will say is give him one term and then judge him on what hes done for the country whether good or bad as no one knows for certain which way it will go.

I am a positive person and think he will surprise a lot of people and do well.

Anyways all anomsity aside I know you probably feeling a bit gutted you got the wrong outcome that you wanted.

Id buy you a pint if I could to show no hard feelings and I look forward to debating with you these coming months years as things start happening and laws/decisions are made.

moston

"I stayed at Trumps Turnberry Trump Hotel last week, never have I stayed in a "cleaner" room in the UK, this is an absolute quality 5 star hotel and is absolutely spotless

I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and this one has beat them all when it comes to room and hotel cleanliness."

Hope you enjoyed your round on the open course. Although I expect that the green fees will have been a little steep and the dress code quite strict too, not to mention the price of the room. Did you dine there too? If so I expect the prices matched the surroundings. And that was the expensive point I was trying (obviously badly) to make. I'm going to guess at round about £1000 or so (per person) for 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf depending on room and course played (the open course must cost more than the others). That's book your morning and afternoon T off times with the pros shop and arrange golf buggies or caddies, evening meal and a few drinks at the bar, B&B, morning round, dram at the end of the round in clubhouse bar, lunch, second round in afternoon on one of the other courses, dram at end of round, dinner, a few drinks at the bar, bed, breakfast and check out.

Now that's a months pay before taxes to some of the minimum wage guys that Trump cozied up to to win the white house, and I haven't even thought about the cost of what would be considered acceptable dress either on the course or in the clubhouse, sorry hotel.

Your a well travelled man, you have travelled through the Mississippi basin, the mid west and the industrialised great lakes areas of the US. How many of the jeans and T shirt/vest wearing overweight rednecks would be able to afford to spend a night at Turnburry? Or more to the point even if they could afford it do you think they would make it through the door, never mind getting to the concierges desk to book a table for dinner?

Now I could be wrong (I have never stayed in a Trump hotel, but I expect that unlike the usual non-brand quality hotel, where the staff work on the premise that regardless of how you are dress if your behaviour and manners are appropriate you obviously belong and you will therefore be treated accordingly, I would expect Trump Hotels are not like that and have someone employed to remove any that don't measure up to the Trump Hotel image.

What would you say? If say I had been out walking and was wearing muddy cloths, a pair of heavy hiking boots, carrying a small rucksack and in need of a long hot shower would I get through to book a room for the night, or would someone be saying "Get Em Out Of Here"?

I'm guessing I would not make it to the front door of any of his hotels!

However in a nice double breasted Boss suit or a well fitted t...

What do you think?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

all I will say is give him one term and then judge him on what hes done for the country whether good or bad as no one knows for certain which way it will go.

I am a positive person and think he will surprise a lot of people and do well.

"

See... a lot of brits are only going to see it from a "well that must help us from a brexit/ getting a quick UK-US" but you have to now understand what he was running on in those "rust belt" states....

TTP..... the free trade deal with the EU.... dead in the water

TTip.... the free trade deal with most of Asia.... dead in the water

NAFTA..... the free trade with Canada and Mexico.... dead in the water!!!!

2 things....

1) trump is going to be "america first" person... no sweetheart deals coming!

2) thats now a lot of places the US will have no deals with.... and a lot of deals that will have to be dealt with

the other reason i am worried is that for at least the next 2 years... the republicans have control of all 3 top tiers of government, and trump gets to pick at least 1 supreme court justice... and a pray for dear life no others croak because it would go from being somewhat centrist to something extreme conservative...

which means rights for minorities and LGBT for example could be under threat...

I think the republicans will certainly go after roe vs wade and a womans right to choose... that been the republican parties wet dream for the last decade....

they could go after gay marriage.... and try to get that repealed....

affordable care act and the 40 million that were covered by that... dead

dodd-franks.... dead....

donald the climate change denier.... what do you think happens with the paris climate change treaty now?

the nuclear deal with iran? the thawing of relations with cuba? those are likely to be reversed....

so yeah... i am worried... sorry....

"I stayed at Trumps Turnberry Trump Hotel last week, never have I stayed in a "cleaner" room in the UK, this is an absolute quality 5 star hotel and is absolutely spotless

I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and this one has beat them all when it comes to room and hotel cleanliness.

Hope you enjoyed your round on the open course. Although I expect that the green fees will have been a little steep and the dress code quite strict too, not to mention the price of the room. Did you dine there too? If so I expect the prices matched the surroundings. And that was the expensive point I was trying (obviously badly) to make. I'm going to guess at round about £1000 or so (per person) for 2 nights and 2 rounds of golf depending on room and course played (the open course must cost more than the others). That's book your morning and afternoon T off times with the pros shop and arrange golf buggies or caddies, evening meal and a few drinks at the bar, B&B, morning round, dram at the end of the round in clubhouse bar, lunch, second round in afternoon on one of the other courses, dram at end of round, dinner, a few drinks at the bar, bed, breakfast and check out.

Now that's a months pay before taxes to some of the minimum wage guys that Trump cozied up to to win the white house, and I haven't even thought about the cost of what would be considered acceptable dress either on the course or in the clubhouse, sorry hotel.

Your a well travelled man, you have travelled through the Mississippi basin, the mid west and the industrialised great lakes areas of the US. How many of the jeans and T shirt/vest wearing overweight rednecks would be able to afford to spend a night at Turnburry? Or more to the point even if they could afford it do you think they would make it through the door, never mind getting to the concierges desk to book a table for dinner?

Now I could be wrong (I have never stayed in a Trump hotel, but I expect that unlike the usual non-brand quality hotel, where the staff work on the premise that regardless of how you are dress if your behaviour and manners are appropriate you obviously belong and you will therefore be treated accordingly, I would expect Trump Hotels are not like that and have someone employed to remove any that don't measure up to the Trump Hotel image.

What would you say? If say I had been out walking and was wearing muddy cloths, a pair of heavy hiking boots, carrying a small rucksack and in need of a long hot shower would I get through to book a room for the night, or would someone be saying "Get Em Out Of Here"?

I'm guessing I would not make it to the front door of any of his hotels!

However in a nice double breasted Boss suit or a well fitted t...

What do you think?"

But surely if you were a hiker would you really be trying to book a room in a five start hotel charging five star prices ? I think not

moston

" But surely if you were a hiker would you really be trying to book a room in a five start hotel charging five star prices ? I think not

"

Nearly answered, but some times...

Lets just say when you walk in to a quality independent hotel and see someone dressed pretty much like a tramp in motorcycle leathers with a lid by their side sitting in a comfy chair with a pot of coffee and a tray of nibbles that he is happily munching his way through, it may well be me. Alternatively if the hotel has a good real ale bar Ill be there nursing a cheeky half while dressed in the most battered working clothes a dope on a rope could be wearing.

Would Bernie have done better than Clinton? Or would he have lost harder ?

Cannock

indeed.

spot on

so yeah... have a go, laugh..... "

I think it was you who was laughing at me when at the start of the primaries you backed Sanders on here and I said Trump would wipe the floor with Sanders and win this thing. You (and a few others) thought it was one big joke. To use a quote from Nigel Farage in the European Parliament just after Brexit, "you're not laughing now are you".

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"After an hour or so's careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that:

And after a little more thought I decided that this post was worth repeating here for others to comment on.

I stayed at Trumps Turnberry Trump Hotel last week, never have I stayed in a "cleaner" room in the UK, this is an absolute quality 5 star hotel and is absolutely spotless

I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and this one has beat them all when it comes to room and hotel cleanliness."

Attention to detail. The USA now has a great future under his leadership.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels and this one has beat them all when it comes to room and hotel cleanliness. Attention to detail. The USA now has a great future under his leadership. "

Utter nonsense , it's future is the same , the rich will become richer , the poor will have less health care and will be used as slaves to make nice things for the rich to use

And their air quality and environment is now going to be subject to less regulations

Trump is a dog eat dog capitalist and that's not pleasant

Some Americans will become very rich indeed however that will be of the back of a very very disappointed used majority

Oh and feel afraid for homosexuals , and women who want let alone need abortions

We could all stand up and say we want change and to fix it for everyone , problem is 200 million individual humans and finite financial resources gets in the way

The poor average people who voted for him are deluded if they think anything positive will change for them

And English people who support him are not people I want to associate myself with

» Add a new message to this topic