FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > What I have learned...

What I have learned...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asyuk OP   Man  over a year ago

West London

So what I have learned is that the polling for the UK general election, Brexit and the US presidential election were all spectacularly wrong.

The conclusion I draw from this is that a lot of people have voted for something that they're terribly ashamed of.

That is probably not a good thing.

Pease try to be specific about why this conclusion may or may not be correct, otherwise it's just noise

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So what I have learned is that the polling for the UK general election, Brexit and the US presidential election were all spectacularly wrong.

The conclusion I draw from this is that a lot of people have voted for something that they're terribly ashamed of.

Pease try to be specific about why this conclusion may or may not be correct, otherwise it's just noise "

How did you draw that conclusion?

All I'll say is I didn't like the results of any of them particularly, but I predicted them all and very accurately.

Comfortable Tory win given the austerity measures and UKIP eating some of their vote. Got that.

Vote leave but a small percentage, got that.

And a comfortable win for Trump on the state front. Got that.

"So what I have learned is that the polling for the UK general election, Brexit and the US presidential election were all spectacularly wrong.

Pease try to be specific about why this conclusion may or may not be correct, otherwise it's just noise "

Why don't you start the ball rolling by being specific in you explanation of why you think people have voted for something their terribly ashamed of?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

It was the hidden vote wasn't it?, saying one thing to pollsters and another thing in the voting booth

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

I wasn't ashamed of what i voted for, dunno about the us presidential ones, i weren't there.

People seem to be tired of things never changing and politicians lying away and never delivering what they promise. It seems like some sort of a revolution.

By *lackMaleLONDONMan  over a year ago

LONDON

I thought it was common knowledge that all these polls were biased, in order to create a certain impression among the populace.

They manipulated the polls Using poor sampling techniques.

By *lackMaleLONDONMan  over a year ago

LONDON

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-23/new-podesta-email-exposes-dem-playbook-rigging-polls-through-oversamples

There's much more examples of this online. But here's is one example of what crooked Hillary's team was up to with regard to the polls.

All the major television networks, alone or in conjunction with the largest newspapers or magazines, in virtually every country with elections, operate their own versions of polling operations, in collaboration or independently through various applications

here in the UK;

Survation, pollster to The Mail on Sunday, Daily Mirror, Daily Record and Sky News

ComRes, retained pollster for the BBC and The Independent

Ipsos MORI (formerly MORI).

YouGov.

GfK NOP

ICM

Populus, official The Times pollster

TNS-BMRB

Take for example YouGov as it continues to fire questions on the way you vote and your views on politics it also builds a profile on you,

your age, your employment, where you live, who you live with, what you eat, how you shop, even asks for exact post code, what benefits you receive (if any) are you retired etc

Now you can be as truthful or as dishonest as you wish to be and at the end of the day YouGov uses these answers for polling results.

Now? are you truthful or dishonest when you answer these polling questions?

I am dishonest, I suspect many others are the same and that is why over the past few years polling results have been a crock of shit.

By *asyuk OP   Man  over a year ago

West London

So to clarify then; polling predictions are based on collecting a lot of data from individuals answering questions. If the data is bad i.e. the people do not answer truthfully, then the prediction will be wrong.

The prediction was wrong, so people lied about their voting intentions. I understand that anonymous polling was closer (although still incorrect). This implies, to me, that people were embarrassed to admit to their voting intentions. Why?

Clearly my take on this is that the prediction was wrong because the data being gathered was wrong. I'm not sure what benefit polling companies derive from being proven to be wrong and therefore of no benefit to pay to gather data.

There appears to be another opinion that it's all a conspiracy. As ever that is impossible to respond to because that view is self -contained and self-sustaining.

"The prediction was wrong, so people lied about their voting intentions. I understand that anonymous polling was closer (although still incorrect).

This implies, to me, that people were embarrassed to admit to their voting intentions. Why?

"

why embarrassed ?

Embarrassment has nothing to do with it, some, like myself just like to see the polls fuck up

Makes for some embarrassing predictions from the BBC and such

and of course if betting shops follow the polls

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

No pollsters have ever asked me which way I vote.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"No pollsters have ever asked me which way I vote. "

Nor me we cant be important enough,not that I would tell them anyway

"No pollsters have ever asked me which way I vote.

Nor me we cant be important enough,not that I would tell them anyway"

yougov.co.uk

there is a poll today on Trump, look for yourself

» Add a new message to this topic