FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Want a larf they are proposing Farage as the go between between Trump and Mrs May

Want a larf they are proposing Farage as the go between between Trump and Mrs May

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I thought April fools has passed

BBC news report

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I reckon it's just perhaps one of those non-stories people who make up the news release when there is no news .....

By *rinking-in-laCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

"I thought April fools has passed

BBC news report"

They are not.

It has been denied quite categorically.

You never know

Brexit happened

Trump is president

Pigs will fly soon the way the world is going

I will find a female nympho who will shag me to death...

"You never know

Brexit happened

Trump is president

Pigs will fly soon the way the world is going

I will find a female nympho who will shag me to death...

"

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

God not more political nonsense anyone fancy a shag

Yes please

My plan worked ????????

"God not more political nonsense anyone fancy a shag "

We'll he's a nice bloke. I just don't think I'm his type

Farage has the potential to do great things, would certainly make a better PM than Theresa May. I can see why she would give him such a job, get him out of the way like.

Hopefully he will say no if the offer is ever on the table.,.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Why not?

We know that Trump has wanted to hear what Nige had to say not so long ago.

Just because he knows him and has talked for him I don't believe he would get anywhere as trump will brobably want only to deal with premiers

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

BBC news report"

Why do you find it funny? Considering Farage already has links now with Trump, wouldn't the logical and sensible thing to do is get Farage involved in trade talks with Trump on Uk/USA trade. Farage may have more leverage on Trump than any other UK politician.

Cannock

BBC news report

They are not.

It has been denied quite categorically."

That is what Downing street are saying publically, who knows what is being said behind closed doors.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Given that May has not involved Farage in anything to do with brexit and the trade deals etc its probably unlikely that this will happen..

however its been a feckin unpredictable year thus far so any thing is possible..

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

A ridiculous suggestion with no basis to any of it, Farage has no experience of foreign relations nor has he ever held a seat in our parliament let alone a government cabinet.

UKIP just trying to big up their importance to UK politics, they and Farage are irrelevant.....

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"A ridiculous suggestion with no basis to any of it, Farage has no experience of foreign relations nor has he ever held a seat in our parliament let alone a government cabinet.

UKIP just trying to big up their importance to UK politics, they and Farage are irrelevant....."

Surprisingly the same statements hold true about Donald, so they make a great pair and the world is doomed

Babbacombe Torquay

Trump has simply destined the States to at least Four years of isolationism, these industrial jobs that Trump has promised in the 'Rust Belt' will simply be government subsidised jobs, producing goods and mining natural minerals at a price that won't come within a mile of imported costs.

American manufacturers will be forced to purchase from producers at home rather than importing, inflation and interest rates will be forced up to compensate for this.

America did exactly the same thing after the costly First World War, and their isolationism led to the Great Depression.

America won't import anything it can't produce at home, it might at first glance seem a sensible path to take but it's always proven in the past to be disastrous.

in Lancashire

it will hit home hard for a lot of those who can least afford it when the cost of their foreign produced goods rises when the tariff's kick in..

not many countries in what has become a global economy have the means to make, produce all they need..

Cannock

"A ridiculous suggestion with no basis to any of it, Farage has no experience of foreign relations nor has he ever held a seat in our parliament let alone a government cabinet.

UKIP just trying to big up their importance to UK politics, they and Farage are irrelevant....."

No experience of foreign relations? Farage has been an MEP for god knows how many years now. True he has not held a seat in Parliament but he has held a seat in the European Parliament. The government would be foolish to overlook the relationship that Farage has forged with Trump. During the lowest ebb of Trumps campaign to become President, Nigel Farage stood by him, spoke at one of his rallies and supported Trump night after night in interviews on American news channels. That kind of Loyalty would surely be rewarded. Brexit and Farage in particular were sources of inspiration for Donald Trump.

Speaking of irrelevant, the ones who really are irrelevant in all this are the Labour party and the Lib dems. Not even a seconds mention about any of them in relation to all this on any of the news channels, that's how irrelevant they are.

Babbacombe Torquay

How ironic that you now find the work done in Brussels is relevant.....You have openly applauded Farage for his efforts to derail EU legislation, yet now all of a sudden Farage is a top diplomat because he stood up on a few occasions and screamed in Brussels?

in Lancashire

how does his voting record stack up ?

attendance on committees etc..

bit like saying Lord so n so is an effective member of the House of Lords when the old duffer only goes to get his expenses, have a nice lunch and a snooze on the red leather benches..

in Lancashire

the word 'absent' features a heck of a lot in relation to Farage..

according to votewatch

Babbacombe Torquay

Trump is a user, he used Farage to bolster a couple of speeches, truth is the vast majority of Redneck voters don't know Farage from Kermit the Frog.....

UKIP are desperate to be relevant,whatever the cost.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Trump is a user, he used Farage to bolster a couple of speeches, truth is the vast majority of Redneck voters don't know Farage from Kermit the Frog.....

UKIP are desperate to be relevant,whatever the cost."

Seeing as the only reason we had the referendum was because DC was scared that ukip would get seats in parliament and that has led to brexit and until we do leave ukip are the only party 100% commited to ensuring we do and until then they are vital, afterwards they may slip into the wilderness

"Trump is a user, he used Farage to bolster a couple of speeches, truth is the vast majority of Redneck voters don't know Farage from Kermit the Frog.....

UKIP are desperate to be relevant,whatever the cost."

and that makes sense to you? So why did he 'use' him? And whats with the derogatory comment anyway? You mean the working class?

Seeing as the only reason we had the referendum was because DC was scared that ukip would get seats in parliament and that has led to brexit and until we do leave ukip are the only party 100% commited to ensuring we do and until then they are vital, afterwards they may slip into the wilderness"

I agree with this, 100% great post.

and that makes sense to you? So why did he 'use' him? And whats with the derogatory comment anyway? You mean the working class?"

I think she is trying to say that all republican voters are rednecks. Such a sweeping statement!

and that makes sense to you? So why did he 'use' him? And whats with the derogatory comment anyway? You mean the working class?

I think she is trying to say that all republican voters are rednecks. Such a sweeping statement! "

and quite offensive, or should be in the eyes of the pc brigade, but I think they only find offence if a derogatory term is used against someone of a different colour or minority.

I think she is trying to say that all republican voters are rednecks. Such a sweeping statement!

and quite offensive, or should be in the eyes of the pc brigade, but I think they only find offence if a derogatory term is used against someone of a different colour or minority. "

Blimey perish the thought! Not that I ever would, not even to wind the idiot liberals up.

and quite offensive, or should be in the eyes of the pc brigade, but I think they only find offence if a derogatory term is used against someone of a different colour or minority. "

Got it in one

UKIP just trying to big up their importance to UK politics, they and Farage are irrelevant.....

No experience of foreign relations? Farage has been an MEP for god knows how many years now. True he has not held a seat in Parliament but he has held a seat in the European Parliament. The government would be foolish to overlook the relationship that Farage has forged with Trump. During the lowest ebb of Trumps campaign to become President, Nigel Farage stood by him, spoke at one of his rallies and supported Trump night after night in interviews on American news channels. That kind of Loyalty would surely be rewarded. Brexit and Farage in particular were sources of inspiration for Donald Trump.

Speaking of irrelevant, the ones who really are irrelevant in all this are the Labour party and the Lib dems. Not even a seconds mention about any of them in relation to all this on any of the news channels, that's how irrelevant they are. "

What you say is logical and reasonable....but that is precisely why the die hard remain voters will pour scorn on the suggestion. Because they don't want Brexit to be a success. And they certainly don't want UKIP or Farage to succeed.

Speaking of irrelevant, the ones who really are irrelevant in all this are the Labour party and the Lib dems. Not even a seconds mention about any of them in relation to all this on any of the news channels, that's how irrelevant they are.

What you say is logical and reasonable....but that is precisely why the die hard remain voters will pour scorn on the suggestion. Because they don't want Brexit to be a success. And they certainly don't want UKIP or Farage to succeed. "

True, but don't forget that if the government have any honour, and don't reneg on BREXIT, then both Nigel Farage and UKIP already have been successful. Cameron would never have promised us a referendum had he not been scared of a UKIP success story in the last general election. He gambled on a remain victory, and lost.

All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen "

I would like that, but in a nation where the majority either vote Tory or Labour, I doubt it will happen any time soon.

The best we can hope for is a hung parliament, with UKIP holding the ballance of power.

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

I would like that, but in a nation where the majority either vote Tory or Labour, I doubt it will happen any time soon.

The best we can hope for is a hung parliament, with UKIP holding the ballance of power."

Who knows ? Suppose he joined the Tories ?

Trump was a democrat

in Lancashire

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

The best we can hope for is a hung parliament, with UKIP holding the ballance of power."

balance of power with 1 MP..

and that's not Farage..

who has failed how many times to be an MP..?

comedy gold..

so UKIP in a country where we will be out of the Eu will get how many MP's..

not a betting man but would put my stash of Euro's that they will never attain 50 MP's in my lifetime..

Cannock

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

The best we can hope for is a hung parliament, with UKIP holding the ballance of power.

and that's not Farage..

comedy gold..

not a betting man but would put my stash of Euro's that they will never attain 50 MP's in my lifetime..

"

1 MP now (from 4 milion votes in the popular vote) but i think he was talking about the next general election in 2020. It all depends on how Brexit is implemented or even if we leave the EU at all (we've still not left yet and article 50 has still not been triggered). Some MP's seem to be hell bent on ignoring the referendum vote and keeping us in the EU, as is the case with bitter Remainers like Miller who want to put obstacles in front of Brexit happening.

If we end up staying in the EU then expect Ukip to do very well at the next general election.

Another factor could be the type of Brexit we get, if it is a soft Brexit and we end up staying in the single market, still have free movement of people from the EU, we don't reclaim our sovereignty and still pay the EU contribution fees and EU law is supreme over UK law then that will not be acceptable to many Leave voters and again expect Ukip to do very well at the next general election.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"the word 'absent' features a heck of a lot in relation to Farage..

according to votewatch "

However at this stage I do not think anyone is bothered about this . Nigel Farage is a grafter and has achieved enormous success against all the odds .

in Lancashire

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

and that's not Farage..

comedy gold..

1 MP now (from 4 milion votes in the popular vote) but i think he was talking about the next general election in 2020. It all depends on how Brexit is implemented or even if we leave the EU at all (we've still not left yet and article 50 has still not been triggered). Some MP's seem to be hell bent on ignoring the referendum vote and keeping us in the EU, as is the case with bitter Remainers like Miller who want to put obstacles in front of Brexit happening.

If we end up staying in the EU then expect Ukip to do very well at the next general election.

Another factor could be the type of Brexit we get, if it is a soft Brexit and we end up staying in the single market, still have free movement of people from the EU, we don't reclaim our sovereignty and still pay the EU contribution fees and EU law is supreme over UK law then that will not be acceptable to many Leave voters and again expect Ukip to do very well at the next general election. "

agreed that it will all depend on what is the outcome and how that's spun by those with interests in maintaining their status quo..

such is the variation in what some want or think the future must be with brexit that its entirely the case that they will be around for a long time but my opinion is still the same, they will never hold the balance of power nor will Farage ever be the PM..

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

and that's not Farage..

comedy gold..

Another factor could be the type of Brexit we get, if it is a soft Brexit and we end up staying in the single market, still have free movement of people from the EU, we don't reclaim our sovereignty and still pay the EU contribution fees and EU law is supreme over UK law then that will not be acceptable to many Leave voters and again expect Ukip to do very well at the next general election. "

I still rhave a niggling feeling that politicians are trying to block A50, and that if they can stop it ever being triggered they will.

That is why I still see a need for UKIP, and for Nige to continue as it's leader.

If BREXIT is somehow stopped from happening, I believe a lot of people, millions, will switch from Tory to UKIP. This would lead IMO to a hung parliament, with UKIP having enough MP's to hold the balance of power in the House of Commons.

There is also, as you stated above, the chance that we will leave the EU, but using a "soft" option, that will be unacceptable to most of us who voted Leave.

That would mean that UKIP would be a force in the 2020 General Election.

Those are two reasons why I would prefer Nigel Farage to stick around as leader of UKIP. Even if only as a deterrent to any politicians thinking of riding roughshod over the decision made in our national referendum.

in Lancashire

according to votewatch However at this stage I do not think anyone is bothered about this . Nigel Farage is a grafter and has achieved enormous success against all the odds . "

you do know that politicians are elected to serve the interests of both the people and the country yes?

therefore one may expect that someone elected to the EU would participate in that, and not be absent..

where it the case here most sensible people would vote out their representative with such a lamentable performance..

using your logic people would be happy to pay a solicitor good money for doing nothing..

bizarre

in Lancashire

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

and that's not Farage..

comedy gold..

Another factor could be the type of Brexit we get, if it is a soft Brexit and we end up staying in the single market, still have free movement of people from the EU, we don't reclaim our sovereignty and still pay the EU contribution fees and EU law is supreme over UK law then that will not be acceptable to many Leave voters and again expect Ukip to do very well at the next general election.

I still rhave a niggling feeling that politicians are trying to block A50, and that if they can stop it ever being triggered they will.

That is why I still see a need for UKIP, and for Nige to continue as it's leader.

If BREXIT is somehow stopped from happening, I believe a lot of people, millions, will switch from Tory to UKIP. This would lead IMO to a hung parliament, with UKIP having enough MP's to hold the balance of power in the House of Commons.

There is also, as you stated above, the chance that we will leave the EU, but using a "soft" option, that will be unacceptable to most of us who voted Leave.

Those are two reasons why I would prefer Nigel Farage to stick around as leader of UKIP. Even if only as a deterrent to any politicians thinking of riding roughshod over the decision made in our national referendum. "

Theresa May and co will be aware too of how the deal will be perceived and what effects it may have at the next election, it may be that its not sorted by then in any case..

yes the 2 year window if its enacted next year will be done, but with the elections due in France and Germany that may affect and also not all the trade issue's will be I think..

Douglas Carswell the UKIP MP has been very quiet, has Nigel gagged him?

according to votewatch However at this stage I do not think anyone is bothered about this . Nigel Farage is a grafter and has achieved enormous success against all the odds .

you do know that politicians are elected to serve the interests of both the people and the country yes?

therefore one may expect that someone elected to the EU would participate in that, and not be absent..

where it the case here most sensible people would vote out their representative with such a lamentable performance..

using your logic people would be happy to pay a solicitor good money for doing nothing..

bizarre "

I suppose that you do know that Mr Farage is and was leader of the U.K. Independence Party?

Thus his election to EU Parliament was more of a protest than anything else. People voting UKIP in Euro Elections were obviously doing so because they wanted out of the EU.

So with that in mind, why would anyone expect him to participate as much as a Europhile MEP would?

I am glad that he was there to gloat the day after the referendum, that was great!

in Lancashire

according to votewatch However at this stage I do not think anyone is bothered about this . Nigel Farage is a grafter and has achieved enormous success against all the odds .

bizarre

I suppose that you do know that Mr Farage is and was leader of the U.K. Independence Party?

Thus his election to EU Parliament was more of a protest than anything else. People voting UKIP in Euro Elections were obviously doing so because they wanted out of the EU.

So with that in mind, why would anyone expect him to participate as much as a Europhile MEP would?

I am glad that he was there to gloat the day after the referendum, that was great! "

Their protest was never going to be effective within the EU until we had the referendum, riding the gravy train..

One may wonder if all the UKIP meps will not attend the Eu once article 50 is activated, they will as a group within it have no say on the negotiations so what will be their role..?

bet they all hang it out to the last euro in expenses though, principles eh..

Yes aware that he could not get a political position here so he went to Brussels, what does it say that he has taken all the expenses available and not fulfilled the role of an elected representative..

that alone is one reason that should tell anyone he is only concerned with his own self interest..

does UKIP not have any policies then?

other than leave the EU..

because they have been trying to rebrand themselves as a party with policies other than lets get out in case you forgot..

a member of Parliament should and does represent the whole of their constituency, not just those of their own party..

that's called democracy..

Wisbech and A47 corridor

bizarre "

However actions speak louder than words . Nigel Farage has probably achieved more than what any politician has achieved and battling against the odds.

Have any of his constituents complained about his poor attendance record?

bizarre However actions speak louder than words . Nigel Farage has probably achieved more than what any politician has achieved and battling against the odds.

Have any of his constituents complained about his poor attendance record? "

Exactly, he achieved his original goal, and at the time that was to get us out of the EU. As I said he does need to hang tough for the time being, just in case there is a reneg on BREXIT.

But after the triggering of A50 the party will have to evolve, quite possibly without Nigel Farage as leader.

Once totally outside the EU, then they will either have to cease to exist as a party, change their name and become the Alternative Right, or be absorbed into the Conservative Party.

This of course is a lot of guess work, and politics cannot always be predictable.

We'll just have to wait and see.

in Lancashire

bizarre However actions speak louder than words . Nigel Farage has probably achieved more than what any politician has achieved and battling against the odds.

Exactly, he achieved his original goal, and at the time that was to get us out of the EU. As I said he does need to hang tough for the time being, just in case there is a reneg on BREXIT.

But after the triggering of A50 the party will have to evolve, quite possibly without Nigel Farage as leader.

Once totally outside the EU, then they will either have to cease to exist as a party, change their name and become the Alternative Right, or be absorbed into the Conservative Party.

This of course is a lot of guess work, and politics cannot always be predictable.

We'll just have to wait and see."

True

Cannock

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

and that's not Farage..

comedy gold..

Those are two reasons why I would prefer Nigel Farage to stick around as leader of UKIP. Even if only as a deterrent to any politicians thinking of riding roughshod over the decision made in our national referendum.

Theresa May and co will be aware too of how the deal will be perceived and what effects it may have at the next election, it may be that its not sorted by then in any case..

yes the 2 year window if its enacted next year will be done, but with the elections due in France and Germany that may affect and also not all the trade issue's will be I think..

Douglas Carswell the UKIP MP has been very quiet, has Nigel gagged him? "

Douglas Carswell is hedging his bets on Suzanne Evans becoming the leader of UKip.

It seems to be a 2 horse race now between Suzanne Evans and Paul Nuttal to be the next leader of UKip.

in Lancashire

Have any of his constituents complained about his poor attendance record? "

whilst it was a protest party, still is to a point there were issue's which affected the constituents over here such a EU funding in several area's which have benefited communities so it and its members had a duty alongside their campaigning with others to represent the voters who put them there..

oh he attended yes, as that's how one gets ones expenses just that he did not according to votewatch do much representing of his constituents..

"All bets are off now !

Farage a future P M ?

Who knows ?

Anything can happen

and that's not Farage..

comedy gold..

Douglas Carswell the UKIP MP has been very quiet, has Nigel gagged him?

Douglas Carswell is hedging his bets on Suzanne Evans becoming the leader of UKip.

It seems to be a 2 horse race now between Suzanne Evans and Paul Nuttal to be the next leader of UKip. "

Do you think there is anyone involved right now with the charisma of Nigel Farage. The 2 names in contention do not jump off the page.

A big problem with politicians is although many of them are competant, very few of them have much in the way of character. Even the word politician screams of boredom.

I wish Nige would just hold on another year, or maybe two, to see out the advent of our independence from Brussels.

Unfortunately I think is in a big fish small pond situation.

Shame!

whilst it was a protest party, still is to a point there were issue's which affected the constituents over here such a EU funding in several area's which have benefited communities so it and its members had a duty alongside their campaigning with others to represent the voters who put them there..

oh he attended yes, as that's how one gets ones expenses just that he did not according to votewatch do much representing of his constituents.."

Ok I have just spent a couple of minutes looking at votewatch, and I want them back please.

Seriously, would you ever expect to read anything positive about Farage, UKIP, or BREXIT on that Europhile website?

That is how misleading these sites are, claiming to be an independent source of information when they clearly are not.

Wisbech and A47 corridor

oh he attended yes, as that's how one gets ones expenses just that he did not according to votewatch do much representing of his constituents..

Ok I have just spent a couple of minutes looking at votewatch, and I want them back please.

Seriously, would you ever expect to read anything positive about Farage, UKIP, or BREXIT on that Europhile website?

That is how misleading these sites are, claiming to be an independent source of information when they clearly are not. "

I have just wasted a few minutes of my life by looking it up. This is one of the reasons why I never bother paying any attention to the source documentation of members posts .

I rather ignorantly from the name assumed that this was an independent organisation. Nothing could be further from the truth , its objective appears to be to promote EU policy .

in Lancashire

That is how misleading these sites are, claiming to be an independent source of information when they clearly are not. "

it may have a slant to it but if they're saying he was absent numerous time and he wasn't one would think he would have challenged it..?

Cannock

That is how misleading these sites are, claiming to be an independent source of information when they clearly are not.

it may have a slant to it but if they're saying he was absent numerous time and he wasn't one would think he would have challenged it..?

"

Frankly as a Ukip voter/supporter I couldn't care less if Ukip MEP's attend the European Parliament or not. You seem to be missing the point as to why people voted Ukip in the MEP elections. It is a vote to send a message that we want Britain to leave the EU. Given the choice of participating positively in the EU or not participate at all I'd rather they didn't participate at all. The whole point in voting in Ukip MEP's is so they will vote against the EU taking powers away from Britain, and for them to be a spanner in the works of the EU machine. On the whole I'm very happy with the job Ukip MEP'S have done and if they want to turn up as little as possible and claim the maximum expenses from it good on them, it just shows the EU up for the joke that it is in my view.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

I am glad that he was there to gloat the day after the referendum, that was great! "

After all the shit he had taken from all the euro fans I think anyone would have done the same and yet the apolgists for the failed ideal here and abroad still had to call him names.

The "you're not laughing now " bit was brilliant,like him or loathe him he has never changed his tune and history will remember him well, unlike cameron

Cannock

according to votewatch "

It appears the word 'absent' features a heck of a lot in relation to MP Nick Clegg now.

Reported in the press today that the former Lib dem leader Nick Clegg has missed 3 out of 4 Commons votes since the last general election. His House of Commons voting record since the general election result is an abysmal 26%. This from the man who insists on the 'sovereign right' of Parliament to scrutinise and vote on government plans, which he only seems to give a shit about when he can vote against the result of the EU referendum in parliament, pity he can't be arsed to turn up and exercise his 'sovereign right' to vote in other matters in Parliament. Nick Clegg the biggest hypocrite of them all.

in Lancashire

according to votewatch

It appears the word 'absent' features a heck of a lot in relation to MP Nick Clegg now.

Reported in the press today that the former Lib dem leader Nick Clegg has missed 3 out of 4 Commons votes since the last general election. His House of Commons voting record since the general election result is an abysmal 26%. This from the man who insists on the 'sovereign right' of Parliament to scrutinise and vote on government plans, which he only seems to give a shit about when he can vote against the result of the EU referendum in parliament, pity he can't be arsed to turn up and exercise his 'sovereign right' to vote in other matters in Parliament. Nick Clegg the biggest hypocrite of them all. "

so in essence you accept that an elected representative is not only there to be part of the 'opposition' they are also there to participate in the business of the parliament on behalf of their constituents who elected them..

in Lancashire

Frankly as a Ukip voter/supporter I couldn't care less if Ukip MEP's attend the European Parliament or not. You seem to be missing the point as to why people voted Ukip in the MEP elections. It is a vote to send a message that we want Britain to leave the EU. Given the choice of participating positively in the EU or not participate at all I'd rather they didn't participate at all. The whole point in voting in Ukip MEP's is so they will vote against the EU taking powers away from Britain, and for them to be a spanner in the works of the EU machine. On the whole I'm very happy with the job Ukip MEP'S have done and if they want to turn up as little as possible and claim the maximum expenses from it good on them, it just shows the EU up for the joke that it is in my view. "

Centaur I get what their raison d'etre was and they have achieved that but one cant be voting against and putting spanners in the works if their attendance is only about showing up and not taking part, stuff changes that may have a positive effect on the constituents that elect them to the body..

maybe they should have been very open when they were standing in the elections for the parliament, but I doubt that anyone saying I am opposed to the EU and intend to put a spanner in the works and vote on issue's I have not kept up to speed with on your behalf but I fully intend to take as much expenses as I can to show its a mess as a governing body..

perhaps had they added that they would take an average salary equal and donate the rest to the communities they intend to serve for good causes..

pie in the sky perhaps..

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Frankly as a Ukip voter/supporter I couldn't care less if Ukip MEP's attend the European Parliament or not. You seem to be missing the point as to why people voted Ukip in the MEP elections. It is a vote to send a message that we want Britain to leave the EU. Given the choice of participating positively in the EU or not participate at all I'd rather they didn't participate at all. The whole point in voting in Ukip MEP's is so they will vote against the EU taking powers away from Britain, and for them to be a spanner in the works of the EU machine. On the whole I'm very happy with the job Ukip MEP'S have done and if they want to turn up as little as possible and claim the maximum expenses from it good on them, it just shows the EU up for the joke that it is in my view.

Centaur I get what their raison d'etre was and they have achieved that but one cant be voting against and putting spanners in the works if their attendance is only about showing up and not taking part, stuff changes that may have a positive effect on the constituents that elect them to the body..

maybe they should have been very open when they were standing in the elections for the parliament, but I doubt that anyone saying I am opposed to the EU and intend to put a spanner in the works and vote on issue's I have not kept up to speed with on your behalf but I fully intend to take as much expenses as I can to show its a mess as a governing body..

perhaps had they added that they would take an average salary equal and donate the rest to the communities they intend to serve for good causes..

pie in the sky perhaps.. "

I do not think that anyone has any concerns about how hard he works . We are dependent on him for negotiating on our behalf with the USA.

in Lancashire

pie in the sky perhaps.. I do not think that anyone has any concerns about how hard he works . We are dependent on him for negotiating on our behalf with the USA. "

you best email the PM then if that's what you believe will happen..

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

Give Nige the job with appointed role in the Foreign office. What can go wrong ?

» Add a new message to this topic