FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Somewhere between Brexit and Trumpton

Somewhere between Brexit and Trumpton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asyuk OP   Man  over a year ago

West London

Sit sown. Watch this to the end. TO THE END. Have a cup of tea. Do something else. Come back and decide how you are going to make something work for the 99% because if you only do something for 48% or 52% we'll be right back here pretty soon.

https://youtu.be/D-_Az5nZBBM

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Watched it and great stuff!

I'll put this link up here too.

The channel of a young Dutch woman, who I think people who are entrenched Hilary, Trump, leave EU, remain EU and unwilling to listen to those reluctant supporters on each side of the respective debates, should listen and give attention to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDbZ62B_C8

I just wish they would call a seccond referendem and have done with it, that way there would/could be no more areguments for or against as then it people would have to put up and shut up.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I just wish they would call a seccond referendem and have done with it, that way there would/could be no more areguments for or against as then it people would have to put up and shut up.

"

Maybe we should make it best of 3.

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

"I just wish they would call a seccond referendem and have done with it, that way there would/could be no more areguments for or against as then it people would have to put up and shut up.

"

We had a referendum, we don't need another.

Hmmmm how many remainders would want a 2 nd referendum if they won !

Me thinks Zero !!!

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

Makes me laugh people protesting against trump or the whinging fuckers over here wanting a second referendum.there all for democracy as long as it goes there way.if it dont go there way everyone else is stupid or racist or both and they know better than the majority of people

Just remember there's 27% of us who couldn't give a shit either way

What you doing for us?... Ahh don't matter, were not arsed

"Makes me laugh people protesting against trump or the whinging fuckers over here wanting a second referendum.there all for democracy as long as it goes there way.if it dont go there way everyone else is stupid or racist or both and they know better than the majority of people"

you are absolutely spot on with the above, if they were kids they would be called spoiled brats, but sadly they are adults who do not understand the meaning of democracy

they must have been brought up wrong when young and lack of understanding & reasoning

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

"Makes me laugh people protesting against trump or the whinging fuckers over here wanting a second referendum.there all for democracy as long as it goes there way.if it dont go there way everyone else is stupid or racist or both and they know better than the majority of people"

"

That would be wrong on many different levels. Not least the amount of horror stories connected to the strength of the pound and the rankings of certain big business owners.

There could not be a fair second referendum, and therefor it can't be allowed to happen.

That would be wrong on many different levels. Not least the amount of horror stories connected to the strength of the pound and the rankings of certain big business owners.

There could not be a fair second referendum, and therefor it can't be allowed to happen."

Ranting not rankings...

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

There could not be a fair second referendum, and therefor it can't be allowed to happen."

The first one wasn't fair, remember Cameron sent out a taxpayer funded £9 million quid one sided pro EU propaganda leaflet to every house in the land. Fat lot of good it did him though.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Maybe we should make it best of 3. "

If they lost a 2nd one it'd then be best of 5.

Maybe we should make it best of 3. "

I actually voted out and still would but if people are so unhappy about the vote then one more would either seal it or go the other way.

And if it did seal it the it would shut the moaners up for good

West London

Did you watch the video?

Perhaps you missed the point or perhaps you aren't interested?

Anything won this marginally cannot be imposed. If it had gone the other way how would you go about getting the best out of it?

Saying that everyone who isn't in your tribe requires some form of re-education or punishment is not very constructive. You are essentially behaving in the same way that the evil, judgmental "liberals" whom you despise do, or are you fully justified to behave in an identical way?

West London

Did anybody watch the second video? I think you'd all enjoy it more because there's more anger and swearing but will you listen to it?

I've seen lots of threads of anger and insults but very little discussion.

If nobody actually wants to do that, then it's actually very boring...

Me persoanlly would have just gone with the majority vote and if it had the gone other way would have respected that.

If they ahd not wanted the people to chose then they should not have asked them also the 1,000's that could not even get off thier asses and vote could be held to blame

I still believe that a great many of those who didn't vote didn't because they believed the polls and TV news telling that leave had no chance.

Fortunately it didn't stop us all from getting out their.

West London

No then. How depressing

You do realise that not discussing the thread and writing the same thing as every other one makes the whole process useless don't you?

Insulting or ignoring difficult questions doesn't win the argument, it just makes people give up arguing with you and think that you are rude and bullying which then breeds more resentment as they go away and generalise this experience.

Have you responded to the proposition I made at all?

"Sit sown. Watch this to the end. TO THE END. Have a cup of tea. Do something else. Come back and decide how you are going to make something work for the 99% because if you only do something for 48% or 52% we'll be right back here pretty soon.

https://youtu.be/D-_Az5nZBBM"

no thank you

Ok for arguments sake I put on my headphones and watched both videos.

It did seem to me that although the two men in the first video attempted to look into recent events with an even handed approach, unfortunately they did come across as a couple of lisping sociology lecturers.

The young lass in the second video was much more interesting. What she said about Trum not being the next Hitler, that Americans who are rioting about the election result are hipocrites because they made such a fuss about Trump saying he wouldn't accept the result if he lost, but are now failing to accept the result because they lost, what she said about not losing their shit and getting on with it.

Yes there was a lot to like about what she said. She is still a liberal, but perhaps not in the modern twisted definition of the word.

I'd even go as far as saying she was worth a watch,

West London

"Sit sown. Watch this to the end. TO THE END. Have a cup of tea. Do something else. Come back and decide how you are going to make something work for the 99% because if you only do something for 48% or 52% we'll be right back here pretty soon.

no thank you "

Then why post on this thread?

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

no thank you

Then why post on this thread? "

I couldn't be arsed to watch it either.

West London

"Ok for arguments sake I put on my headphones and watched both videos.

It did seem to me that although the two men in the first video attempted to look into recent events with an even handed approach, unfortunately they did come across as a couple of lisping sociology lecturers.

The young lass in the second video was much more interesting. What she said about Trum not being the next Hitler, that Americans who are rioting about the election result are hipocrites because they made such a fuss about Trump saying he wouldn't accept the result if he lost, but are now failing to accept the result because they lost, what she said about not losing their shit and getting on with it.

Yes there was a lot to like about what she said. She is still a liberal, but perhaps not in the modern twisted definition of the word.

I'd even go as far as saying she was worth a watch, "

So would you be willing to say that the majority of people who voted either way are actually somewhere in the middle? That there should be away to reach a lasting consensus amongst this 70-80% leaving the rabid 10-15% at either end to enjoy, or in reality detest, everything?

So would you be willing to say that the majority of people who voted either way are actually somewhere in the middle? That there should be away to reach a lasting consensus amongst this 70-80% leaving the rabid 10-15% at either end to enjoy, or in reality detest, everything?"

I don't think it was that close, the general consensus is that a large majority of people are rejecting what used to be nailed on social norms.

I know some might well have simply lashed out, but most people who make the effort to take part in the democratic process do so after giving it much thought.

I'd even go as far as saying she was worth a watch, "

Thank you for critiquing the video I put up. I'll clarify and say that her views in general are usually the same as mine. Liberal, and left, but we appreciate a free market place of ideas and speech which is what the left in it's origin - 17th-19th century pushed for.

As she said, the left needs to get its act together, and we need to find that root again.

West London

So would you be willing to say that the majority of people who voted either way are actually somewhere in the middle? That there should be away to reach a lasting consensus amongst this 70-80% leaving the rabid 10-15% at either end to enjoy, or in reality detest, everything?

I don't think it was that close, the general consensus is that a large majority of people are rejecting what used to be nailed on social norms.

I know some might well have simply lashed out, but most people who make the effort to take part in the democratic process do so after giving it much thought."

It isn't really the "large majority" did not vote for change, or at least not for radical change, or not for the quite difficult to fully justify innuendo being expressed. It is a majority, but there is a danger on taking this as carte Blanche to change everything. Everything isn't broken...

I know some might well have simply lashed out, but most people who make the effort to take part in the democratic process do so after giving it much thought.

It isn't really the "large majority" did not vote for change, or at least not for radical change, or not for the quite difficult to fully justify innuendo being expressed. It is a majority, but there is a danger on taking this as carte Blanche to change everything. Everything isn't broken... "

I think that to change "everything" would take too long and cost too much. Seriously he has to find ways to pay off their national debt before he can spend money I think.

West London

"

I think that to change "everything" would take too long and cost too much. Seriously he has to find ways to pay off their national debt before he can spend money I think."

Doesn't reducing the national debt mean raising taxes and reducing government spending? Will that not mean hurting the same people who are already hurting?

Also bear in mind that outside of the EU large multinationals will increase there influence on the UK government as we are less threatening alone than as part of a bigger group. Corporation tax will go down (already hinted at) and tax evasion will be even more tolerated due to the terror that big businesses will move away. We've seen the signs with Nissan.

As for Trump, I think the "billionaire" (who actually knows!) business man will do what's good for billionaire businessmen. We have a precedent in Silvio Berlusconi.

"

I think that to change "everything" would take too long and cost too much. Seriously he has to find ways to pay off their national debt before he can spend money I think.

Doesn't reducing the national debt mean raising taxes and reducing government spending? Will that not mean hurting the same people who are already hurting?

Also bear in mind that outside of the EU large multinationals will increase there influence on the UK government as we are less threatening alone than as part of a bigger group. Corporation tax will go down (already hinted at) and tax evasion will be even more tolerated due to the terror that big businesses will move away. We've seen the signs with Nissan.

As for Trump, I think the "billionaire" (who actually knows!) business man will do what's good for billionaire businessmen. We have a precedent in Silvio Berlusconi."

no, trillions of dollars are held offshore because of high taxes in the US. If he lowers taxes more money will be brought back into the country and invested in infrastructure, education, research and development and manufacturing, which will in turn lower the debt

West London

no, trillions of dollars are held offshore because of high taxes in the US. If he lowers taxes more money will be brought back into the country and invested in infrastructure, education, research and development and manufacturing, which will in turn lower the debt

UK corporation tax is significantly lower than US and German taxes.

So why are they not paying tax here? The German corporations pay most of theirs...

» Add a new message to this topic