FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > So now we are fascists!

So now we are fascists!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I kid you not!

I have it on good authority that any member of this website who argues in favour of BREXIT, or Donald Trump, or has a disliking of political correctness and liberals, is a "Fab Fascist."

We cannot possibly be here to meet up with sexual partners, and must have joined only to spread our right wing veiws on the "fora" by which I guess means this Politics Forum.

So perhaps we should all be very scared of this accusation. Tails between our legs time, we all have to leave before we are accused again.

The self proclaimed thought police will no doubt begin stalking us soon.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well I voted for Brexit and obviously was in favour of it

I wanted Trump to win, and I was happy that he did win

I am against political Correctness

"I kid you not!

I have it on good authority that any member of this website who argues in favour of BREXIT, or Donald Trump, or has a disliking of political correctness and liberals, is a "Fab Fascist."

We cannot possibly be here to meet up with sexual partners, and must have joined only to spread our right wing veiws on the "fora" by which I guess means this Politics Forum.

So perhaps we should all be very scared of this accusation. Tails between our legs time, we all have to leave before we are accused again.

The self proclaimed thought police will no doubt begin stalking us soon."

If this is aimed at me, thanks, I didn't know you cared!

For the record, I voted for Britain to leave the EU. So, once again, your petty assumptions, wrapped up in fairly eloquent prose, are wrong.

The issue with you, Brightonish, is that you cannot debate. You pick and choose from what other people wrote either to goad them, or to make them look inferior in some way.

It is petty and pedantic.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I kid you not!

An interesting post.

Maybe they will start wanting proof that we have actually had a meet.

Some members are simply jealous and cannot accept success.

Two in a row and battling against tbe odds is a good result.

Brexit and now Trump.

"I kid you not!

For the record, I voted for Britain to leave the EU. So, once again, your petty assumptions, wrapped up in fairly eloquent prose, are wrong.

The issue with you, Brightonish, is that you cannot debate. You pick and choose from what other people wrote either to goad them, or to make them look inferior in some way.

It is petty and pedantic. "

Yeah and your "Fab Fascist" accusation was aimed at me. I'm just laughing at it, which is all it deserves really.

Everybody on that thread is picking and choosing which parts of which posts they answer. So does that mean we are all fascists, or is the accusation exclusively aimed at me?

I don't agree about goading people on here, no more than anyone else on here does.

Anyway sticks and stones and all that

"I kid you not!

It is petty and pedantic.

Yeah and your "Fab Fascist" accusation was aimed at me. I'm just laughing at it, which is all it deserves really.

Everybody on that thread is picking and choosing which parts of which posts they answer. So does that mean we are all fascists, or is the accusation exclusively aimed at me?

I don't agree about goading people on here, no more than anyone else on here does.

Anyway sticks and stones and all that "

Another great debate. Thank you.

"I kid you not!

The self proclaimed thought police will no doubt begin stalking us soon. An interesting post.

Brexit and now Trump. "

I had one out of two then, beingn pro-Brexit. I was anti-Trump mind

"I kid you not!

The self proclaimed thought police will no doubt begin stalking us soon. An interesting post.

Brexit and now Trump. "

Exactly, and a gentleman would never kiss and tell for want of a better expression.

Not worried about the "fascist" accusation per se, lol, at least I get the trains on time.

Some people just ask to be laughed at.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

but your not just any facist your an old uneducated racist facist

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"I kid you not!

Many many posters are anti the PC brigade. It's just funny .... as a card holding member dont bash anyone with views different from my own, I don't try to deride or undermine .... why all the anti PC posting. Can't deal with the debate so heave to name call? Bowing out of this forum and I used to enjoy it.

"but your not just any facist your an old uneducated racist facist "

Fur cough you!

To those of you against political correctness, I'm curious, what to you is your definition of political correctness?

" Some people just ask to be laughed at."

Which I am sure you've grown accustomed to? Being laughed at?

I am sure you'll remember the adage from school:

"They are laughing at you, not with you."

" Some people just ask to be laughed at.

"They are laughing at you, not with you." "

Oh dear, the metaphoric handbag has been swung.

Scary

"I kid you not!

Many many posters are anti the PC brigade. It's just funny .... as a card holding member dont bash anyone with views different from my own, I don't try to deride or undermine .... why all the anti PC posting. Can't deal with the debate so heave to name call? Bowing out of this forum and I used to enjoy it. "

I am not PC, or liberal. I just fear for a country (world?) where extremism, in all its forms, goes unchallenged.

The ironic thing is, those espousing these views then throw out the 'Muslim' comments for examples of extremism and cannot see the hypocrisy.

It is farcical.

" Some people just ask to be laughed at.

"They are laughing at you, not with you."

Oh dear, the metaphoric handbag has been swung.

Scary "

Why pick a handbag as an analogy? Oh, I think I know the answer to that one too.

I'm Right wing but I'm not thick and I'm not a Fascist Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

But I would defend the right of a lefty to call me one !

And That is the Difference

Ironically, the ones forever screaming "fascists!" (the left) are the most fascist of all.

They relentlessly try to censor those that disagree with them, try to overturn democratic votes and aggressively campaign for the removal of an ethnic group (white men) from positions of power.

"Ironically, the ones forever screaming "fascists!" (the left) are the most fascist of all.

They relentlessly try to censor those that disagree with them, try to overturn democratic votes and aggressively campaign for the removal of an ethnic group (white men) from positions of power.

"

Liberalism is fascism

"Ironically, the ones forever screaming "fascists!" (the left) are the most fascist of all.

Liberalism is fascism"

Absolutely right. There are quite a lot of them on this site... And not very clever ones. I guess it comes with the territory, 'swinging' is essentially a pretty free-spirited, liberal activity I guess.

Liberalism is fascism"

They preach tolerance but if one challenges their rhetoric they play every ism card, the accusation of Fascism, sexism, racism, etc. Oh and bigotry, I nearly forgot to mention that old chestnut.

I have read endless posts from people who really believe that recent political events are the end of the world. They think that the "rise of the right" is all down to the fact that so many old timers with out of date veiws have ruined their lovey dovey liberal utopia.

Such negativity. Hoe can anyone expect to live a meaningful and even healthy life with such a ridiculous attitude? Negativity breads negativity, surly everyone knows that?

Political correctness has shielded certain groups from any kind of criticism. I'm not saying that any specific group deserves criticism as a whole, but for a long time people have been shit scared of pointing out any wrongdoing by individuals who just happen to belong to said groups.

Remember the case where an African woman brought the daughter of one of her relatives to the UK from Africa? I know I'm going to be criticised for mentioning this, but...

The young girl was battered, her hair cut off, made to sleep in a bath with a bin bag as a makeshift nappy. The woman openly told people that the girl was possessed, and while the authorities tippy toed around the family, scared in case they caused offence, the little girl died. There was so much evidence of abuse but nobody did anything and then it was too late.

Then we found out about grooming gangs operating up and down the country, but Rotherham in particular. Targeting young girls in the care system and using them to gratify their perverted desires, passing then around from one paedophile to another. People who could have put a stop to this didn't because they were afraid of the affect it would have on their careers.

Just two examples of why PC went too far and became such a negative thing. Now there has been a backlash, which was frankly predictable, the usual suspects are trying to say it has happened because the "world is full of idiots!"

The fact of the matter is the lemmings have woken up, and are now swerving the edge of the hypothetical cliff. The reaction to this from the liberal elite and the followers of that political dogma is to protest both loudly and aggressively.

That is it, in a teacup.

I am a trump supporter and it is good he won, political correctness have gone mad in the world and trump is going to change the meaning of it, that is the only way a country can prosper, to let the people say whats wrong with it, without being labelled.

So I guess standing up to Hitler was fascism.

"So I guess standing up to Hitler was fascism. "

I'm still waiting for the day one of you make a valid point and don't just use a buzzword...

Set yourself a challenge of not using the words 'racist', 'hitler', 'ignorant' for two weeks and see if you can still partake in political debate.

"So I guess standing up to Hitler was fascism.

I'm still waiting for the day one of you make a valid point and don't just use a buzzword...

Set yourself a challenge of not using the words 'racist', 'hitler', 'ignorant' for two weeks and see if you can still partake in political debate. "

Why? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then chances are, it's a duck.

Set yourself a challenge of not using the words 'racist', 'hitler', 'ignorant' for two weeks and see if you can still partake in political debate.

Why? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then chances are, it's a duck. "

^ The educated, enlightened left, ladies and gentlemen...

Why? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then chances are, it's a duck.

^ The educated, enlightened left, ladies and gentlemen... "

^ The poster boy for the right, ladies and gentlemen...

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Did you say 'self proclaimed thought police'?

Self proclaimed, really?

This whole thread is a huge logical fallacy.

No it is a response to the self important self righteous hypocrites who attempt to close down debate by crying "fascist, racist, bigot," etc,

One in particular took it upon himself to call people who may be right of centre "fab fascists," and accuse us all of joining the website under false pretences.

Yes it was a bit like handbags at dawn, but some are simple enough to believe anything if they don't agree with the other side of an argument.

"No it is a response to the self important self righteous hypocrites who attempt to close down debate by crying "fascist, racist, bigot," etc,

One in particular took it upon himself to call people who may be right of centre "fab fascists," and accuse us all of joining the website under false pretences.

Yes it was a bit like handbags at dawn, but some are simple enough to believe anything if they don't agree with the other side of an argument.

"

If wasn't accusatory, it was a supposition.

I have never attempted to close down any debate, I would hope to add to it, with my own views and perspective.

Your idea of debate comes across very much as though anyone who dare have a difference of opinion to your own views must have their comment shredded to bits and then be sneered at.

It comes across as quite totalitarian, which is a hallmark of fascism.

Why? If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck then chances are, it's a duck. "

Unbelievable last paragraph !!!

It could have been wrote by Nick Grithin !!!

"To those of you against political correctness, I'm curious, what to you is your definition of political correctness? "

1. The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programmes and decided that the terms 'Before Common Era' / 'Common Era' are more appropriate

2. The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as 'Miss' and 'Mrs' so as not to cause offence. It also meant that 'Madame' and 'Mademoiselle', 'Frau' and 'Fraulein' and 'Senora' and 'Senorita' would be banned.

3. Throughout several US councils and organisations, any terms using the word 'man' as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. 'Manhole' is now referred to as a 'utility' or 'maintenance' hole.

4. Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter - and in their place is a simple boyish grin.

5. Spotted Dick - a classic English dessert has been renamed to avoid embarrassment. The traditional pud Spotted Dick has been given the title Spotted Richard, after UK council bosses feared the original name might cause offence.

6. A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs 'spring spheres' to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' – and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

8. A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants was rejected by the job centre as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, ‘Big Fat’ Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.’

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

11. Some US schools now have a 'holiday tree' every Christmas, rather than a Christmas tree and the UK wants to follow suit.

Facebook increased its gender list from two – male and female – to 50, including “pangender”, “cisgender” and “intersex”. In June, after integration with the firm’s US gender policy, that figure soared to 71, including “two-spirit person”.

Christmas cheer deserted December when the boss of Clinton Cards was forced into a ludicrous, grovelling apology for its “10 reasons Santa lives on a council estate" card – proving that now, even humour is the subject of PC censorship

"To those of you against political correctness, I'm curious, what to you is your definition of political correctness?

1. The BBC has dropped the use of the terms Before Christ (BC) and Anno Domini (AD) on one of their programmes and decided that the terms 'Before Common Era' / 'Common Era' are more appropriate

2. The European Parliament introduced proposals to outlaw titles stating marital status such as 'Miss' and 'Mrs' so as not to cause offence. It also meant that 'Madame' and 'Mademoiselle', 'Frau' and 'Fraulein' and 'Senora' and 'Senorita' would be banned.

3. Throughout several US councils and organisations, any terms using the word 'man' as a prefix or suffix have been ruled as not being politically correct. 'Manhole' is now referred to as a 'utility' or 'maintenance' hole.

4. Loveable cartoon rogue Dennis the Menace has been given a politically correct make over. BBC chiefs decided to take away his edge in the remake. Gone are his bombs, catapult, water pistol and pea shooter - and in their place is a simple boyish grin.

5. Spotted Dick - a classic English dessert has been renamed to avoid embarrassment. The traditional pud Spotted Dick has been given the title Spotted Richard, after UK council bosses feared the original name might cause offence.

6. A school in Seattle renamed its Easter eggs 'spring spheres' to avoid causing offence to people who did not celebrate Easter.

7. A UK council has banned the term 'brainstorming' – and replaced it with 'thought showers', as local lawmakers thought the term may offend epileptics.

8. A UK recruiter was stunned when her job advert for 'reliable' and 'hard-working' applicants was rejected by the job centre as it could be offensive to unreliable and lazy people.

9. Gillingham fans had begun to fondly offer celery to their goalkeeper, ‘Big Fat’ Jim Stannard. The club, however, decided that celery could result in health and safety issues inside the ground. As a result, fans were subjected to celery searches with the ultimate sanction for possession of celery allegedly being a life ban.’

10. In 2007, Santa Clauses in Sydney, Australia, were banned from saying 'Ho Ho Ho'. Their employer, the recruitment firm Westaff (that supplies hundreds of Santas across Australia), allegedly told all trainees that 'ho ho ho' could frighten children, and be derogatory to women. Why ? Because 'Ho Ho Ho' is too close to the American (not Australian, mind you) slang for prostitute.

11. Some US schools now have a 'holiday tree' every Christmas, rather than a Christmas tree and the UK wants to follow suit.

Facebook increased its gender list from two – male and female – to 50, including “pangender”, “cisgender” and “intersex”. In June, after integration with the firm’s US gender policy, that figure soared to 71, including “two-spirit person”.

Christmas cheer deserted December when the boss of Clinton Cards was forced into a ludicrous, grovelling apology for its “10 reasons Santa lives on a council estate" card – proving that now, even humour is the subject of PC censorship

"

All of the above is PC gone mad !

I don't know whether to laugh or, hang on, I'm laughing.

Any of the examples cited above can be circumvented by anyone who wishes to not go along with them, surely? If someone wants Spotted Dick, they can ask for it. They might even put it into a sentence: Spotted Dick may have been a eaten as far back as 100BC, at least that's what I would like to believe."

Yes,there are foolish rules imposed by large organisations, but they are not lawful. It wouldn't be a crime to go against any of the examples cited. It might contravene work place rules in examples given by employers directing employees in a particular way though.

"To those of you against political correctness, I'm curious, what to you is your definition of political correctness?

All of the above is PC gone mad ! "

Too right, and that is barely scratching the surface.

I remember when I was a teenager there was a campaign by "feminist" groups to have the Clock Tower removed in Brighton.

They said it was symbolic of the male phallus, and thus degrading to women.

Obviously the clock tower is still their, but the fact this was taken seriously back in the mid 80's was just a sign of what was to come (no pun intended).

All of the above is PC gone mad !

Too right, and that is barely scratching the surface.

I remember when I was a teenager there was a campaign by "feminist" groups to have the Clock Tower removed in Brighton.

They said it was symbolic of the male phallus, and thus degrading to women.

Obviously the clock tower is still their, but the fact this was taken seriously back in the mid 80's was just a sign of what was to come (no pun intended). "

Still *there, argh!

Just Googled Jim Stannard and he transfered from Gillingham in 1999? Hardly an up to date list there really, is it?

"I don't know whether to laugh or, hang on, I'm laughing.

Any of the examples cited above can be circumvented by anyone who wishes to not go along with them, surely? If someone wants Spotted Dick, they can ask for it. They might even put it into a sentence: Spotted Dick may have been a eaten as far back as 100BC, at least that's what I would like to believe."

Yes,there are foolish rules imposed by large organisations, but they are not lawful. It wouldn't be a crime to go against any of the examples cited. It might contravene work place rules in examples given by employers directing employees in a particular way though. "

less of the 100BC, I object to your wording, it insults

Yes,there are foolish rules imposed by large organisations, but they are not lawful. It wouldn't be a crime to go against any of the examples cited. It might contravene work place rules in examples given by employers directing employees in a particular way though.

less of the 100BC, I object to your wording, it insults"

Wow. I am in awe of your level of pettiness.

Seriously, this is, what is this exactly? Sarcasm? Humour? It is certainly not grown up debate.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"

An excellent post and thank you for making the effort to list these examples.

Sadly , many of these left wing bigots are even prepared to use the law to enforce their views and are happy to make people bankrupt or face financial ruin.

A Christian guest house owner was sued for refusing accommodation to a gay couple and Ashers bakery were also sued for refusing to bake a cake for a gay celebration.

We live in a free society and no one has a right to dictate our beliefs .

Seriously, this is, what is this exactly? Sarcasm? Humour? It is certainly not grown up debate. "

no mate, its simply "taking the piss"

Fucking sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

I am stunned that people with these views still exist in this day and age.

Beliefs? Its back to The Bible for some I think. The level of unashamed hypocrisy amongst some on here is un-fucking-believable.

It is evident that there are contributors on this thread/these fora (which is, by the way Brightonish, plural for forums, not exclusively this one, as you mistakenly assumed I was referring to in your opening post) who have no clue about the Bible and its teachings, yet feel it OK to trot out the term belief if it backs up their petty prejudices.

I am literally overwhelmed by the sheer bombast of some on here and their lack of checks and balances on what nonsense they are spouting!

Seriously, this is, what is this exactly? Sarcasm? Humour? It is certainly not grown up debate.

no mate, its simply "taking the piss""

Yeah, out of a list you posted?