FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > First foreign politician to meet Donald Trump.

First foreign politician to meet Donald Trump.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *entaur_UK OP   Man  over a year ago

Cannock

Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip) is the very first foreign politician to meet President-elect Donald Trump in the USA. Footage of Nigel Farage now on the news of him arriving at Trump tower for the meeting. I think it shows the importance of the friendship Trump puts in place with Farage to be the first foreign politician to get a meeting with him. Also pretty humiliating for the government and Theresa May, but not as humiliating as it is for Corbyn and Farron who haven't even got a mention, lol.

Meanwhile in other meetings, the EU is to hold a meeting tomorrow to 'discuss' how to deal with new President Trump but appears to have been snubbed by our government and foreign secretary Boris Johnson who has refused to attend (maybe he thinks it will be one long 'whingerama' as he described Europe's reaction to Trump's Presidential election victory the other day.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Our own"? Oh no no. I'm not one of Nige's "decent people", he doesn't want to be lumped in with the likes of me.

Anyway, shame Theresa May was tenth in ten queue for a phone call from DT. But we're top of the list for that trade deal, right?

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip) is the very first foreign politician to meet President-elect Donald Trump in the USA. Footage of Nigel Farage now on the news of him arriving at Trump tower for the meeting. I think it shows the importance of the friendship Trump puts in place with Farage to be the first foreign politician to get a meeting with him. Also pretty humiliating for the government and Theresa May, but not as humiliating as it is for Corbyn and Farron who haven't even got a mention, lol.

Meanwhile in other meetings, the EU is to hold a meeting tomorrow to 'discuss' how to deal with new President Trump but appears to have been snubbed by our government and foreign secretary Boris Johnson who has refused to attend (maybe he thinks it will be one long 'whingerama' as he described Europe's reaction to Trump's Presidential election victory the other day. "

Well done Nigel Farage other political leaders need to come to terms to the fact that Donald Trump will soon be one the most powerfull men on earth and start showing him some repect.

"Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip) is the very first foreign politician to meet President-elect Donald Trump in the USA. Footage of Nigel Farage now on the news of him arriving at Trump tower for the meeting. I think it shows the importance of the friendship Trump puts in place with Farage to be the first foreign politician to get a meeting with him. Also pretty humiliating for the government and Theresa May, but not as humiliating as it is for Corbyn and Farron who haven't even got a mention, lol.

Meanwhile in other meetings, the EU is to hold a meeting tomorrow to 'discuss' how to deal with new President Trump but appears to have been snubbed by our government and foreign secretary Boris Johnson who has refused to attend (maybe he thinks it will be one long 'whingerama' as he described Europe's reaction to Trump's Presidential election victory the other day.

Well done Nigel Farage other political leaders need to come to terms to the fact that Donald Trump will soon be one the most powerfull men on earth and start showing him some repect."

Well he should show our Prime Minister the respect of meeting her first. Farage has no power, he's not even an MP, let alone of influence in government. What's the point meeting him now?

Wakefield

Well done Nigel Farage other political leaders need to come to terms to the fact that Donald Trump will soon be one the most powerfull men on earth and start showing him some repect.

Well he should show our Prime Minister the respect of meeting her first. Farage has no power, he's not even an MP, let alone of influence in government. What's the point meeting him now? "

First off he was already in New York and had spoken at one or two Trump election rallies they are friends.

Secondly like a lot of other people our Government ridiculed him thinking he would not win so why would he be in a hurry to talk to ANY of them.

Well he should show our Prime Minister the respect of meeting her first. Farage has no power, he's not even an MP, let alone of influence in government. What's the point meeting him now? "

Maybe just two friends having tea and scones together?

Nothing to see here, move along.

Cannock

""Our own"? Oh no no. I'm not one of Nige's "decent people", he doesn't want to be lumped in with the likes of me.

Anyway, shame Theresa May was tenth in ten queue for a phone call from DT. But we're top of the list for that trade deal, right? "

We could be top of the list for a trade deal if Farage is actively involved in it yes.

Can't be any worse than Obama telling us to join the back of the queue in any event.

When I said 'our own' the meaning behind that was 'British'.

Well he should show our Prime Minister the respect of meeting her first. Farage has no power, he's not even an MP, let alone of influence in government. What's the point meeting him now?

First off he was already in New York and had spoken at one or two Trump election rallies they are friends.

Secondly like a lot of other people our Government ridiculed him thinking he would not win so why would he be in a hurry to talk to ANY of them. "

So if he was in NY anyway, why is this supposed to be such a "coup" for Nige? I think friends is a bit of a stretch. Nigel was useful for him during his campaign. I don't see what possible use he's got now.

And that may be the case, but now he's the President Elect he has to get over that sort of petty butthurt attitude and deal with other countries in the appropriate manner.

""Our own"? Oh no no. I'm not one of Nige's "decent people", he doesn't want to be lumped in with the likes of me.

Anyway, shame Theresa May was tenth in ten queue for a phone call from DT. But we're top of the list for that trade deal, right?

We could be top of the list for a trade deal if Farage is actively involved in it yes.

Can't be any worse than Obama telling us to join the back of the queue in any event.

When I said 'our own' the meaning behind that was 'British'. "

Don't hold your breath fella

Cannock

How much respect did Obama show Britain when he said join the back of the queue.

How much respect did Obama show Britain when he said join the back of the queue. "

I was speaking to a work colleague post referendum, who told me that the only reason he took part in it was because he was outraged that Obama came over here and told us what to do. I did explain that there were a multitude of other important reasons for voting leave.

But I wonder how many people actually went out and voted leave as a direct reaction to his threats?

Probably thousands of people did just that, so cheers Obama old chap! The straw man that broke the camels back.

Cannock

Nothing to see here, move along. "

When asked by a reporter in the lobby of Trump tower what he was doing there, Farage replied, "we're just tourists" with a wry smile on his face.

Farage just tweeted a photo standing next to Donald Trump saying they had a great, positive meeting.

Nothing to see here, move along.

When asked by a reporter in the lobby of Trump tower what he was doing there, Farage replied, "we're just tourists" with a wry smile on his face.

Farage just tweeted a photo standing next to Donald Trump saying they had a great, positive meeting. "

That is great news!

Wakefield

Secondly like a lot of other people our Government ridiculed him thinking he would not win so why would he be in a hurry to talk to ANY of them.

So if he was in NY anyway, why is this supposed to be such a "coup" for Nige? I think friends is a bit of a stretch. Nigel was useful for him during his campaign. I don't see what possible use he's got now.

And that may be the case, but now he's the President Elect he has to get over that sort of petty butthurt attitude and deal with other countries in the appropriate manner.

"

Just like you got over Brexit then everyone is wrong but you attitude so Remainer.

How much respect did Obama show Britain when he said join the back of the queue.

I was speaking to a work colleague post referendum, who told me that the only reason he took part in it was because he was outraged that Obama came over here and told us what to do. I did explain that there were a multitude of other important reasons for voting leave.

But I wonder how many people actually went out and voted leave as a direct reaction to his threats?

Probably thousands of people did just that, so cheers Obama old chap! The straw man that broke the camels back. "

So he didn't vote on the actual issue the referendum was supposed to be about then? I've been shot down in flames every time I've suggested that large numbers of people did that.

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Well i can't believe that any godwin hasn't mentioned grainy footage of adolf and benito taking a strole.

Secondly like a lot of other people our Government ridiculed him thinking he would not win so why would he be in a hurry to talk to ANY of them. "

Absolutely spot on

UK politician's, UK news broadcasting companies, all ganged up against him without a nice word to say

so why should he rush to call the UK first

some better realise that the UK is not that high on the list of importance and our PM should be the one learning how to show respect as well as Sturgeon

Lessons will be learned and it will be our politicians that eat humble pie.

Is it not time to stop ridiculing Nigel Farage ?

He was right on brexit it and took Trump seriously when know one else did !

Also fair play to Trump for meeting him

I thought the left on here said he would ditch him now he had won ?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Farage will go to the opening of an envelope if he as much as smells a photo op let alone following orders from Breitbart.

Absolutely spot on

UK politician's, UK news broadcasting companies, all ganged up against him without a nice word to say

so why should he rush to call the UK first

some better realise that the UK is not that high on the list of importance and our PM should be the one learning how to show respect as well as Sturgeon

Lessons will be learned and it will be our politicians that eat humble pie."

How has May not shown respect to DT? She's behaved exactly as the PM should behave towards the president elect.

And I agree. We're not that high on the list of importance. Hence me scoffing at the notion of Britain being first in line for all these trade deals we're apparently going to get.

"Farage will go to the opening of an envelope if he as much as smells a photo op let alone following orders from Breitbart."

And most politicians don't then ?

Thatcher had tea with a dictator. Thatcher and Pinochet makes Trump and Farage look like dumb and dumber.

"Thatcher had tea with a dictator. Thatcher and Pinochet makes Trump and Farage look like dumb and dumber. "

Corbyn has met Hammas !

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

When I said 'our own' the meaning behind that was 'British'. "

Not a chance;

And if anyone is so deluded to imagine that there are any trade deals coming the UK's way........

The US ( not even including the "Trump factor") has no more than passing interest in the UK.

Always found it amusing to listen the the UK banging on about the " Special relationship".

Apart from providing the US with a large and handy aircraft carrier for awhile; the US is otherwise utterly ambivalent towards UK.

Yes well done our Nige !!.......Of course his close personal friendship with Mr Trump will be of immense value. Ooooh not to the UK.....How dumb are you if you believe that one ...No Nigel is over there to grease his little bigoted hands with the yankee dollar xx

Cannock

Not a chance;

And if anyone is so deluded to imagine that there are any trade deals coming the UK's way........

The US ( not even including the "Trump factor") has no more than passing interest in the UK.

Always found it amusing to listen the the UK banging on about the " Special relationship".

Apart from providing the US with a large and handy aircraft carrier for awhile; the US is otherwise utterly ambivalent towards UK.

"

Says the Frenchman, lol.

Cannock

"Thatcher had tea with a dictator. Thatcher and Pinochet makes Trump and Farage look like dumb and dumber.

Corbyn has met Hammas !"

Tony Blair had tea with Colonel Gaddafi too.

"Thatcher had tea with a dictator. Thatcher and Pinochet makes Trump and Farage look like dumb and dumber.

Corbyn has met Hammas !"

Good for him. I met Sting.

Corbyn has met Hammas !

Tony Blair had tea with Colonel Gaddafi too. "

Awesome. That's much better. The rest are pansies.

Cannock

Corbyn has met Hammas !

Good for him. I met Sting."

The wrestler or the singer?

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Our goverment is supposed to have our best interests in mind.

so why would they not utilize nigel farage and his relationship with trump.

nigel did some speeches for him and defended him on lots of US media networks.

that kind of loyalty will be rewarded im sure.

nigel hate him or love him does seem passionate about Britain and I think him being quite close with trump would possibly help when it comes to trade deals.

trump isnt particularly enamoured with our goverment right now after all the criticism we have tbrown at him so surely instead of the conservatives being "irritated" (as reported on the news ) and cutting their nose of to spite their face, they should use nigel farage to our countrys benefit and give him some kind of role to play.

its just common sense surely.

britain is leaving the eu and the US are moving away from trade agreements to start new trade deals.

With nigels help I think britsin could get a sweet deal..without him I dont think may has the a chance as her and trump are just on different wave lenghts.

ah well lets wait and see.

Cannock

"Our goverment is supposed to have our best interests in mind.

nigel hate him or love him does seem passionate about Britain and I think him being quite close with trump would possibly help when it comes to trade deals.

trump isnt particularly enamoured with our goverment right now after all the criticism we have tbrown at him so surely instead of the conservatives being "irritated" (as reported on the news ) and cutting their nose of to spite their face, they should use nigel farage to our countrys benefit and give him some kind of role to play.

britain is leaving the eu and the US are moving away from trade agreements to start new trade deals.

With nigels help I think britsin could get a sweet deal..without him I dont think may has the a chance as her and trump are just on different wave lenghts.

ah well lets wait and see."

Nigel Farage was standing up for Britain's interests and the interests of British people yesterday in an interview he did on Fox news. The American interviewer was saying why should Trump meet Theresa May after what she has said about him in the past, and why should America give Britain a trade deal after the way a good majority of British politicians have spoken about Trump?

Nigel Farage replied, "Trump has to meet Theresa May, our countries have a shared history and many common interests, Britain and America are massive investors in each others countries, we have a bright future together".

Farage also said "Trump is an Anglophile, he loves Britain".

liverpool

Nigel Farage was standing up for Britain's interests and the interests of British people yesterday in an interview he did on Fox news. The American interviewer was saying why should Trump meet Theresa May after what she has said about him in the past, and why should America give Britain a trade deal after the way a good majority of British politicians have spoken about Trump?

Nigel Farage replied, "Trump has to meet Theresa May, our countries have a shared history and many common interests, Britain and America are massive investors in each others countries, we have a bright future together".

Farage also said "Trump is an Anglophile, he loves Britain". "

yep I seen that interview.

Farage like trump and putin are all victims of horrible reporting by the media and been made to look the bad guys which is far from it.

Corbyn has met Hammas !

Good for him. I met Sting.

The wrestler or the singer? "

The singer. New aspirations for the wrestler. Got to catch them all.

Farage like trump and putin are all victims of horrible reporting by the media and been made to look the bad guys which is far from it.

"

The media simply repeat what Trump has said. The only person who has made him look bad is himself, and he's done that by opening his mouth and talking.

If you think Farage has no power you need to read The Prince again.

"

In the past the media have been quite literally using their coverage of political events to influence the voting public. But with the amount of information available on the Internet, they have lost that influence spectacularly.

I know that the Sun and Mail both had pro BREXIT headlines on the day of the referendum, but I believe that most people had already made up their minds.

Now we have a situation where negative reporting is constantly telling us we made a mistake for which we will pay. I don't believe this one little bit.

It looks like it is the sand in the US, all the negative reporting on Donald Trump, and all the polls predicting a Clinton landslide victory, how wrong was that?

The things they say about Putin are reprehensible, he is a foreign leader who cares deeply about putting his own people first, and the Crimea was always Russian anyway.

nigel hate him or love him does seem passionate abo miut Britain and I think him being quite close with trump would possibly help when it comes to trade deals.

The media simply repeat what Trump has said. The only person who has made him look bad is himself, and he's done that by opening his mouth and talking. "

And yet he made gains with all minority voters and working class voters. The only loss was middle to upper class whites.

In the past the media have been quite literally using their coverage of political events to influence the voting public. But with the amount of information available on the Internet, they have lost that influence spectacularly.

I know that the Sun and Mail both had pro BREXIT headlines on the day of the referendum, but I believe that most people had already made up their minds.

Now we have a situation where negative reporting is constantly telling us we made a mistake for which we will pay. I don't believe this one little bit.

It looks like it is the sand in the US, all the negative reporting on Donald Trump, and all the polls predicting a Clinton landslide victory, how wrong was that?

The things they say about Putin are reprehensible, he is a foreign leader who cares deeply about putting his own people first, and the Crimea was always Russian anyway. "

We are in a new age. No more shaming for having opinions that were commonplace decades ago.

Well...usual entrenched views on the forum with no compromise.

Personally, call me old fashioned but I think the leaders of two nations should meet one to one before any less senior politicians get in their. Idk, it's just a weird formality issue for me, like when you go to ask for work you ask for the manager... :P

That said I've watched the videos of him arriving - on the various TV and online news networks. And when he claims he's just a tourist to dodge questions, then gets in the elevator and smirks like a cat that got the creme - I just found that insufferable. I think he's getting cocky and sadly I think hubris might get the better of him just, like it did the elite he's been riling against

I dislike Farage on the whole, but I can respect him on various levels and he's done something few others have done which is to actually listen to those out of work or struggling with their wages.

That said, unless the PM gave him the clear, I don't think it was his place to be the first politician to meet Trump in person to represent our nation.

I am a pragmatists though, and I do think it would be foolish for Britain not to use Farage to help American British relations, under supervision and scrutiny of others and parliament of course - farage is too secretive over his investors and tax returns for me to feel safe about him.

Shout out to the Trump Tower and Farage being the second craziest fucking whacko to enter that building.

London and France

Not a chance;

Says the Frenchman, lol. "

Englishman actually; with French nationality:

( but your xenophobia doesn't bother me;)

But if you actually knew the first thing about your neighboring Europeans ( and the world in General) you would find something that Brits can't get their head round: there is far deeper " special relationship " between France and US than between US and UK .

"Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip)"

Not in my name thank you!

[Removed by poster at 13/11/16 18:03:54]

Not a chance;

Says the Frenchman, lol.

But if you actually knew the first thing about your neighboring Europeans ( and the world in General) you would find something that Brits can't get their head round: there is far deeper " special relationship " between France and US than between US and UK .

I know that the French gave them the Statue of Liberty, and probably helped them win independence. So you might be right about that. But things are going to change, so that might not be the case for a lot longer. Who knows?"

"But I wonder how many people actually went out and voted leave as a direct reaction to his threats?

Probably thousands of people did just that, so cheers Obama old chap! The straw man that broke the camels back.

So he didn't vote on the actual issue the referendum was supposed to be about then? I've been shot down in flames every time I've suggested that large numbers of people did that."

I was wondering that one, I thought people voted leave because they wanted to for a range of 'proper' reasons? Now he's saying for many it was just because they didn't like Obama's attitude!

Cannock

Not a chance;

Says the Frenchman, lol.

But if you actually knew the first thing about your neighboring Europeans ( and the world in General) you would find something that Brits can't get their head round: there is far deeper " special relationship " between France and US than between US and UK ."

Really, has Trump spoken to President Hollande yet? (On the phone let alone meeting in person?). France wasn't in the top 10 Trump called and Britain were tenth. Say what you like about Farage but at least Britain does have someone like him who can deal with Trump. Who does France (or the EU for that matter) have? As Boris Johnson said all the EU has done since Trump became President elect is indulge in one long Whinge-o-rama. Trump dislikes the EU immensely, don't hold your breath for any kind of EU/USA trade deal. To use Obama's line....."you can get on the back of the queue."

"Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip) is the very first foreign politician "

I've been having a proper chuckle about his post. Dear old Nigel, an unelected politician visiting Trump. Isn't that one of the main "leave" arguments - unelected European parliament people impacting on the UK? Hang on, Farage isn't unelected, is he, he's an MEP!

Oh, the irony!

"Footage of Nigel Farage now on the news of him arriving at Trump tower for the meeting. I think it shows the importance of the friendship Trump puts in place with Farage to be the first foreign politician to get a meeting with him. "

You do realise Farage has virtually ZERO power or say in any relationship the UK has with America post Obama right?...

Cannock

"Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip) is the very first foreign politician

I've been having a proper chuckle about his post. Dear old Nigel, an unelected politician visiting Trump. Isn't that one of the main "leave" arguments - unelected European parliament people impacting on the UK? Hang on, Farage isn't unelected, is he, he's an MEP!

Oh, the irony!"

It's the EU commission who are unelected and run the EU, MEP's are elected but have very little say, but hey if you can't even grasp the basics of how the EU works it's no wonder you voted Remain.

2nd you really need to make up your mind, first you say Farage is unelected then you say he's an elected MEP, so which is it, can't be both can it.

"Yes you guessed it our very own Nigel Farage (acting leader of Ukip) is the very first foreign politician

Oh, the irony!

It's the EU commission who are unelected and run the EU, MEP's are elected but have very little say, but hey if you can't even grasp the basics of how the EU works it's no wonder you voted Remain.

2nd you really need to make up your mind, first you say Farage is unelected then you say he's an elected MEP, so which is it, can't be both can it. "

Fair call!

I went down the unelected route, then changed it (the 2nd half) and missed the first bit!

London and France

Oh, the irony!

2nd you really need to make up your mind, first you say Farage is unelected then you say he's an elected MEP, so which is it, can't be both can it. "

Which just proves( as it does always), that you don't know how (or choose, for your own reasons to misrepresent how) the various bodies in the EU are elected/ selected.

Personally I go for the deliberate misrepresentation of the EU system; which is what the leave campaign did all along, knowing that the British public were so ill informed and ignorant that they would believe whatever they were fed.

Oh, the irony!

2nd you really need to make up your mind, first you say Farage is unelected then you say he's an elected MEP, so which is it, can't be both can it.

Which just proves( as it does always), that you don't know how (or choose, for your own reasons to misrepresent how) the various bodies in the EU are elected/ selected.

Personally I go for the deliberate misrepresentation of the EU system; which is what the leave campaign did all along, knowing that the British public were so ill informed and ignorant that they would believe whatever they were fed.

"

Maybe the British people will believe Farage over Europeans like you telling us we are uninformed and ignorant. Maybe one day you will understand that.

The world is changing and you will have to accept it. The EU is dead. The country that liberated Europe has rejected Europe.

liverpool

Just watched an interview with farage from earlier on today on fox news.

he really does come across well doesnt he.

ive warmed more and more to him over the past year.

he seems confident britain and america are going to have a great relationship... I actually believe we will.

Think 2017 will be an historical year

Oh, the irony!

Maybe the British people will believe Farage over Europeans like you telling us we are uninformed and ignorant. Maybe one day you will understand that.

The world is changing and you will have to accept it. The EU is dead. The country that liberated Europe has rejected Europe."

The second part of your message is what many leave voters said, and is probably why so many 'reluctant remainers' such as myself were put off voting leave. Farage even said, we're not rejecting europe, he wants to accept europe but as a different socio-political landscape.

You should change your hard line message. Leave might get more popular vocal support the and actually win over the middle ground.

"Footage of Nigel Farage now on the news of him arriving at Trump tower for the meeting. I think it shows the importance of the friendship Trump puts in place with Farage to be the first foreign politician to get a meeting with him.

You do realise Farage has virtually ZERO power or say in any relationship the UK has with America post Obama right?... "

This. All farage can do is butter Trump up. Hopefully he'll understand that he needs to tell trump that May, parliament and the British press and people will not be happy with trade which is america first.

I dislike the pair of them. But fingers crossed they get it right for us, America and Europe.

» Add a new message to this topic