FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Netherlands is not Nexit

Netherlands is not Nexit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do people keep saying Nexit and Netherlands are following Britain and the US. It's been a balanced parliament for decades. We legalised drugs and prostitution to make money and target the real criminals not the offenders. Prisons need prisoners because of the social system we have. We actually improve what doesn't work.

The Dutch prison crisis: A shortage of prisoners - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37904263

Ok, the party of freedom is picking popularity but not the most popular who only has around 20% of the seats. All the other parties and form a coalition against them. But never say never but don't compare the uk to Netherlands. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

But the way Holland is a province not a country.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why do people keep saying Nexit and Netherlands are following Britain and the US. It's been a balanced parliament for decades. We legalised drugs and prostitution to make money and target the real criminals not the offenders. Prisons need prisoners because of the social system we have. We actually improve what doesn't work.

The Dutch prison crisis: A shortage of prisoners - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37904263

Ok, the party of freedom is picking popularity but not the most popular who only has around 20% of the seats. All the other parties and form a coalition against them. But never say never but don't compare the uk to Netherlands. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

But the way Holland is a province not a country."

Whilst I don't think the Netherlands would leave the EU, I imagine there is a significant minority who would vote leave. But given the state of European politics atm I'd say that about most EU nations.

There could be an upset. I agree we should never say never. But for a liberal country it'll be a massive upset.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"There could be an upset. I agree we should never say never. But for a liberal country it'll be a massive upset."

Another country will soon vote to leave the EU. If it's not Netherlands it'll be someone else.

"There could be an upset. I agree we should never say never. But for a liberal country it'll be a massive upset."

Heard of the phrase 'The domino effect'!?

I'm neither pro EU or anti EU. I don't really give a duck.

I do hate people labelling countries as anti immigration or non liberal when they are.

"There could be an upset. I agree we should never say never. But for a liberal country it'll be a massive upset.

Heard of the phrase 'The domino effect'!?"

The breakup of the eu could be a domino effect. Lying about a country views is just sly.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

"There could be an upset. I agree we should never say never. But for a liberal country it'll be a massive upset.

Heard of the phrase 'The domino effect'!?"

France leaving next looks like the more likely. Anyone know if anyone running against Merkel next year are calling for a referendum in Germany?

Oh one thing missing. 30% of a country did a referendum on the EU/ukraine deal. More than 50% voted no and the government rejected it here.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Heard of the phrase 'The domino effect'!?

France leaving next looks like the more likely. Anyone know if anyone running against Merkel next year are calling for a referendum in Germany? "

Interestingly there was an EU meeting today to discuss how the EU should proceed with dealing with Donald Trump, both France and Britain declined to attend. Our foreign secretary Boris Johnson called it an EU whinge-o-rama. The EU is looking more fragmented now, I think it's on its last legs. The elections in France and Germany next year could sound the death knell for the EU. The referendum in Italy in about a months time could also be a huge upset for the EU, if the vote goes against the Italian Prime minister.

"Why do people keep saying Nexit and Netherlands are following Britain and the US. It's been a balanced parliament for decades. We legalised drugs and prostitution to make money and target the real criminals not the offenders. Prisons need prisoners because of the social system we have. We actually improve what doesn't work.

But the way Holland is a province not a country."

Holland is indeed a province of the Netherlands.

The official tourist website does, however, encourage the use of the word "Holland" to describe the Netherlands.

From experience, many old-school Dutchies object to that trend.

But the way Holland is a province not a country.

Holland is indeed a province of the Netherlands.

The official tourist website does, however, encourage the use of the word "Holland" to describe the Netherlands.

From experience, many old-school Dutchies object to that trend."

To be fair Holland is where most of the people live, jobs are and easier to remember. Ik spreek nederlands, ik woon in nederland. Ik ben nederlands. In Dutch the word is closer to Netherlands.

» Add a new message to this topic