FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump downgrades wall to part fence

Trump downgrades wall to part fence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is he going to change his tune?

He already said he won't abolish all of Obama Care.

Maybe install a gate as a way in for Trump Towers employment... You know they are cheaper labour.

What do you think he'll deliver or not deliver at all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There has never been a proper border between the US and Mexico. I think he still intends to change that.

How much he has to spend on that I don't know.

What I do know is that he won't be able to force the Mexicans to pay for it, that was totally unrealistic to say the least.

Perhaps a big razor wired fence would be more realistic.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

Just seen it on the news,he said part fence and part wall

Fair enough!

I know that some think this is some kind of evil thing he is doing. But the only people who will be affected are those who would enter the US illegally.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Fair enough!

I know that some think this is some kind of evil thing he is doing. But the only people who will be affected are those who would enter the US illegally."

I don't disagree, but if you help your neighbours prosper, perhaps you don't need to build a fence. That means being nice and perhaps sharing a little. Hmmm

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Fair enough!

I know that some think this is some kind of evil thing he is doing. But the only people who will be affected are those who would enter the US illegally.

I don't disagree, but if you help your neighbours prosper, perhaps you don't need to build a fence. That means being nice and perhaps sharing a little. Hmmm "

America has done that for decades, as a result they now have 11 million illegal immigrants in the country who have no right to be there. Now it's time for change and time for a different approach.

Probably cheaper to police the frontier with rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Just seen it on the news,he said part fence and part wall "

Yet during the campaign he said it was going to be exclusively reinforced concrete. Maybe we was only talking about the fence posts huh?

The good thing about Trump is that people are quickly going to see what a bullshitter he is, and everyone is going to have his tweets and speeches to play back to him as he tries to wriggle out of what he said during the campaign.

bournemouth

"Just seen it on the news,he said part fence and part wall

Yet during the campaign he said it was going to be exclusively reinforced concrete. Maybe we was only talking about the fence posts huh?

The good thing about Trump is that people are quickly going to see what a bullshitter he is, and everyone is going to have his tweets and speeches to play back to him as he tries to wriggle out of what he said during the campaign. "

Just like most of the people who rule the world then right down to your local council

Cambridge

"Probably cheaper to police the frontier with rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships."

Land mines? Bear traps? Punji stake pits?

"Probably cheaper to police the frontier with rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships.

Land mines? Bear traps? Punji stake pits? "

You're full of clever ideas this evening.

Cambridge

The good thing about Trump is that people are quickly going to see what a bullshitter he is, and everyone is going to have his tweets and speeches to play back to him as he tries to wriggle out of what he said during the campaign.

Just like most of the people who rule the world then right down to your local council"

My local council didn't say its was going to ban Muslims or build a wall (fence?)

Cannock

The good thing about Trump is that people are quickly going to see what a bullshitter he is, and everyone is going to have his tweets and speeches to play back to him as he tries to wriggle out of what he said during the campaign. "

Thought you and other Clinton supporters wanted compromise? Now you are getting some Compromises from Trump and you are still whinging.

Cambridge

"Probably cheaper to police the frontier with rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships.

You're full of clever ideas this evening."

Do you believe in the death penalty for immigration offenses?

You're full of clever ideas this evening.

Do you believe in the death penalty for immigration offenses? "

it would be suicide not the death penalty

Cambridge

Thought you and other Clinton supporters wanted compromise? Now you are getting some Compromises from Trump and you are still whinging. "

Who has he comprised with?

bournemouth

Just like most of the people who rule the world then right down to your local council

My local council didn't say its was going to ban Muslims or build a wall (fence?)"

so it doesnt matter if people you support talk bollocks but anyone you dont like has to do everything they said they were going to

Just like most of the people who rule the world then right down to your local council"

We know this. But people voted trump for something different. So far it's just the same. Let's keep tuned and see.

Cambridge

My local council didn't say its was going to ban Muslims or build a wall (fence?)

so it doesnt matter if people you support talk bollocks but anyone you dont like has to do everything they said they were going to "

I have never said that, I think all politicians should stick to their campaign promises.

Cannock

Thought you and other Clinton supporters wanted compromise? Now you are getting some Compromises from Trump and you are still whinging.

Who has he comprised with? "

Obama and Clinton supporters. Trump said he will keep some good aspects of Obama care, is that not a compromise?

It was never going to happen anyway.

Cambridge

Obama and Clinton supporters. Trump said he will keep some good aspects of Obama care, is that not a compromise? "

So he has had a sit down with them and discussed it has he? No, of course he hasn't...

Is he going to "compromise" with Mexico about who is paying for it?

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

"Fair enough!

I don't disagree, but if you help your neighbours prosper, perhaps you don't need to build a fence. That means being nice and perhaps sharing a little. Hmmm

America has done that for decades, as a result they now have 11 million illegal immigrants in the country who have no right to be there. Now it's time for change and time for a different approach. "

Help or exploit? The people employing illegal immigrants aren't "liberals". They are the rich. They are business owners large and small. They are Donald Trump. They are the ones paying the lowest wages that they can under some of the least fair employment rights of any developed country.

This is exactly the same problem as immigration from the extended EU. If a big imbalance in currency strength, wealth and employment exists, people will move...

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

We know this. But people voted trump for something different. So far it's just the same. Let's keep tuned and see. "

this..

Compromise is good and to be recognised where necessary, I think some of his core supporters may be wondering if there are other compromises coming which for some may be less welcoming..

Compron

Cannock

Obama and Clinton supporters. Trump said he will keep some good aspects of Obama care, is that not a compromise?

So he has had a sit down with them and discussed it has he? No, of course he hasn't...

Is he going to "compromise" with Mexico about who is paying for it? "

He had a sit down with the man himself, Barack Obama. Don't you think they talked about Obama care and came to a compromise?

Cannock

"Fair enough!

America has done that for decades, as a result they now have 11 million illegal immigrants in the country who have no right to be there. Now it's time for change and time for a different approach.

Help or exploit? The people employing illegal immigrants aren't "liberals". They are the rich. They are business owners large and small. They are Donald Trump. They are the ones paying the lowest wages that they can under some of the least fair employment rights of any developed country.

This is exactly the same problem as immigration from the extended EU. If a big imbalance in currency strength, wealth and employment exists, people will move..."

Your post highlights why the EU free movement of people principle doesn't work and it either needs to be scrapped or completely reformed. The arrogant EU elite won't listen and they won't reform it though.

In terms of America at least Donald Trump is listening to the people and is going to do something to change to status quo.

It seems he can't win ! He tones down some of the things he was slagged for and when he foes he's slagged for breaking promises !

I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for him

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. I made a major contribution to society and abided every other law. I was even employed by a government sponsored scheme. I suppose I benefited from attitudes of whites to toner whites. My children are American citizens and are back and forth .... but lately they haven't wanted to go back. The American economy is underpinned by the immigrant works for e, health care for example. The benefits system is virtually non existent there. Interesting how many people have opinions without knowing any facts or living through it

Cambridge

"I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. I made a major contribution to society and abided every other law. I was even employed by a government sponsored scheme. I suppose I benefited from attitudes of whites to toner whites. My children are American citizens and are back and forth .... but lately they haven't wanted to go back. The American economy is underpinned by the immigrant works for e, health care for example. The benefits system is virtually non existent there. Interesting how many people have opinions without knowing any facts or living through it"

It must be nice knowing that some on this forum would have had you executed for breaching immigration law.

"Is he going to change his tune?

Maybe install a gate as a way in for Trump Towers employment... You know they are cheaper labour.

What do you think he'll deliver or not deliver at all."

guess in foresight you should have waited until this mornings news before posting

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

I do not think that those who voted for him would be too bothered. Building a wall would be extemely expensive .

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. I made a major contribution to society and abided every other law. I was even employed by a government sponsored scheme. I suppose I benefited from attitudes of whites to toner whites. My children are American citizens and are back and forth .... but lately they haven't wanted to go back. The American economy is underpinned by the immigrant works for e, health care for example. The benefits system is virtually non existent there. Interesting how many people have opinions without knowing any facts or living through it

It must be nice knowing that some on this forum would have had you executed for breaching immigration law. "

No one has proposed execution. The point is that if there were armed guards on the border , no one would attempt to cross.

"I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. "

How did you pay taxes as an illegal immigrant? .... How does that work.

Cambridge

"I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. I made a major contribution to society and abided every other law. I was even employed by a government sponsored scheme. I suppose I benefited from attitudes of whites to toner whites. My children are American citizens and are back and forth .... but lately they haven't wanted to go back. The American economy is underpinned by the immigrant works for e, health care for example. The benefits system is virtually non existent there. Interesting how many people have opinions without knowing any facts or living through it

It must be nice knowing that some on this forum would have had you executed for breaching immigration law. No one has proposed execution. The point is that if there were armed guards on the border , no one would attempt to cross. "

So those "rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships" proposed earlier aren't designed to kill people then?

Wisbech and A47 corridor

It must be nice knowing that some on this forum would have had you executed for breaching immigration law. No one has proposed execution. The point is that if there were armed guards on the border , no one would attempt to cross.

So those "rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships" proposed earlier aren't designed to kill people then? "

They are designed as a deterrent . No one would wish to use them , except as a measure of last resort .

"I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. .

How did you pay taxes as an illegal immigrant? .... How does that work."

lol

Cambridge

It must be nice knowing that some on this forum would have had you executed for breaching immigration law. No one has proposed execution. The point is that if there were armed guards on the border , no one would attempt to cross.

So those "rocket-armed drones and helicopter gunships" proposed earlier aren't designed to kill people then? They are designed as a deterrent . No one would wish to use them , except as a measure of last resort . "

But in the end, they would actually be used to kill people would they? As a last resort?

I have no idea how LawandOrder got into the US, but I will bet you a shiny new penny that she didn't walk across the US/Mexico border.

So what about all the illegal immigrants who get to the US by plane, how will a wall stop them?

Well he's under massive pressure to not build a wall, by Israeli elements. Ironic when you consider that Israel has a massive wall all along its boarder.

"Well he's under massive pressure to not build a wall, by Israeli elements. Ironic when you consider that Israel has a massive wall all along its boarder. "

I do wish those hypocrites would keep their noses out of everything.

But while they send helicopter gun ships into Palestinian areas, and bomb hospitals and refugee camps. They justify these actions by saying they are consequences for suicide bombers. Then they have the audacity to lecture others on human rights.

BUT you cannot criticise them, if you do then you are anti semetic, a Nazi, hilocaust denier, and all the other names they like to shout about.

Mind you there are some on here who love shouting similar accusations...

"Well he's under massive pressure to not build a wall, by Israeli elements. Ironic when you consider that Israel has a massive wall all along its boarder.

But while they send helicopter gun ships into Palestinian areas, and bomb hospitals and refugee camps. They justify these actions by saying they are consequences for suicide bombers. Then they have the audacity to lecture others on human rights.

BUT you cannot criticise them, if you do then you are anti semetic, a Nazi, hilocaust denier, and all the other names they like to shout about.

Mind you there are some on here who love shouting similar accusations..."

I have criticised Israel many times on here, occasionally I have accused of anti-Semitic rhetoric but then I get accused of being islamaphobic when i criticise Islam,It doesn't bother me too much to be honest being labeled as whatever, if you've got something to say, say it, if your point is valid and has truth with it, it soon overcomes any labeling.

Like this...... So yes Israel do some pretty shit things to its Arab neighbours and citizens but then it's neighbours aren't exactly rational debatable types, for instance you can walk into a gay bar in Israel, you can wander the streets as a tv/ts, it's a modern democratic liberal country.

A two state solution will have to be found for Palestine/west bank but honestly I don't think that's workable unless the UN runs the place for the first ten years maybe

"Well he's under massive pressure to not build a wall, by Israeli elements. Ironic when you consider that Israel has a massive wall all along its boarder.

Mind you there are some on here who love shouting similar accusations....

I have criticised Israel many times on here, occasionally I have accused of anti-Semitic rhetoric but then I get accused of being islamaphobic when i criticise Islam,It doesn't bother me too much to be honest being labeled as whatever, if you've got something to say, say it, if your point is valid and has truth with it, it soon overcomes any labeling.

Like this...... So yes Israel do some pretty shit things to its Arab neighbours and citizens but then it's neighbours aren't exactly rational debatable types, for instance you can walk into a gay bar in Israel, you can wander the streets as a tv/ts, it's a modern democratic liberal country.

A two state solution will have to be found for Palestine/west bank but honestly I don't think that's workable unless the UN runs the place for the first ten years maybe"

Agreed, but I think the UN would have to have a peacekeeping presence for a lot more than 10 years. In fact probably indefinitely.

They just cannot and will not ever just get on..

"I lived in America for tens years as an illegal immigrant. I am British so they didn't suspect. Like most other illegal immigrant I paid taxes and had children there. .

How did you pay taxes as an illegal immigrant? .... How does that work.

lol "

I'm also very keen to know how it is that you and "most other illegal immigrant" pay taxes!? Or is that just indicative of the nationwide corruption under the Obama/Clinton regime?

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Garage said there were fences to mend. Is this what he was on about?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

It must be nice knowing that some on this forum would have had you executed for breaching immigration law. No one has proposed execution. The point is that if there were armed guards on the border , no one would attempt to cross. "

There are plenty of armed guards on the US southern border and the border is heavily monitored by drones, satellite, ground radar and acoustic listening posts.

guess in foresight you should have waited until this mornings news before posting "

What news?

guess in foresight you should have waited until this mornings news before posting

What news?"

you mean you haven't heard

What news?

you mean you haven't heard "

No.

in Lancashire

What news?

No. "

he said Clinton is a good person..

can't make this shit up ..

What news?

No.

can't make this shit up .."

I wonder if it's just a front to win the election?

Cambridge

What news?

No.

can't make this shit up .."

But he said he was going to lock her up?

in Lancashire

What news?

No.

I wonder if it's just a front to win the election?"

as tempted as I am to say no shit Sherlock, I shall resist..

bournemouth

"

But he said he was going to lock her up? "

Perhaps he meant he wants to tie her up and whip her ass

Cambridge

"

But he said he was going to lock her up?

Perhaps he meant he wants to tie her up and whip her ass "

What news?

No.

I wonder if it's just a front to win the election?

as tempted as I am to say no shit Sherlock, I shall resist..

"

I am spelling it out for the others. But I'll say it.

No shit Sherlock.

» Add a new message to this topic