FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Francois Hollande Pulls Out of Presidancy !

Francois Hollande Pulls Out of Presidancy !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

He has thrown the towel in !

Will this help le Penne or stop her ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"He has thrown the towel in !

Will this help le Penne or stop her ?"

Hollande was never going to win. Looks like a straight race between Marine Le Pen and François Fillon.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

He had a 4% approval rating.... Even George w didn't get below 14%

"He has thrown the towel in !

Will this help le Penne or stop her ?"

Do nothing it'll do nothing but help her.

You've got right wing vs right wing. The chap against her is quite religious if I understand and many of his policies are influenced by that apparently.

The question is, will be a contest of who can go right the hardest or will someone try to take some of the left wing centre votes?

Either way they will have an EU referendum and that will be that

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Oh the heady days of summer. When Hollande, Schulz, Merkel, Renzi, Rutte, Juncker, Tusk, and others were all threatening Britain with dire consequences for daring to leave the EU.

Well, as I predicted, that is two of them gone. I wonder how many of the others will still be around this time next year.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Either way they will have an EU referendum and that will be that"

That is not necessarily true as I don't believe that Fillon has said that. However, Le Penn will have an influence win or lose and Fillon (like Cameron) may have his hand forced. You can be assured though that if a referendum is agreed, will not be as stupidly but together as the UK one.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Either way they will have an EU referendum and that will be that

That is not necessarily true as I don't believe that Fillon has said that. However, Le Penn will have an influence win or lose and Fillon (like Cameron) may have his hand forced. You can be assured though that if a referendum is agreed, will not be as stupidly but together as the UK one."

Stupidly put together or not, the French have had a belly full of the EU and they already have form for voting against it. They could quite easily just go and vote for a Frexit.

Squeaky bum time in Brussels methinks.

Cannock

"Oh the heady days of summer. When Hollande, Schulz, Merkel, Renzi, Rutte, Juncker, Tusk, and others were all threatening Britain with dire consequences for daring to leave the EU.

Well, as I predicted, that is two of them gone. I wonder how many of the others will still be around this time next year."

Renzi will be gone by Tuesday. Then like dominoes the rest will fall too.

That is not necessarily true as I don't believe that Fillon has said that. However, Le Penn will have an influence win or lose and Fillon (like Cameron) may have his hand forced. You can be assured though that if a referendum is agreed, will not be as stupidly but together as the UK one."

Ye maybe that was a hasty comment but it is possible his hand could be forced. A lot could depend on what happens in Italy on Sunday and how it impacts on the French. I think the lesson to be learned would be to make the outcome of any referendum binding

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

That is not necessarily true as I don't believe that Fillon has said that. However, Le Penn will have an influence win or lose and Fillon (like Cameron) may have his hand forced. You can be assured though that if a referendum is agreed, will not be as stupidly but together as the UK one.

Stupidly put together or not, the French have had a belly full of the EU and they already have form for voting against it. They could quite easily just go and vote for a Frexit.

Squeaky bum time in Brussels methinks. "

Why squeeky bum time? It is perfectly normal and natural that counties and alleigencies will change over time. Political, cultural and physical changes are happening all the time and so everything evolves. Me, you, Britain, France, Germany the USA and the EU are all different today than they were ten years ago and all will be different in ten years time than they are today. Why is this such a surprise?

It seems like Brexiters are surprised that things change as if there is some reason that everything should always stay the same. No need to excited and agitated that things might. Hangs - be assured that they will change and there is nothing wrong with that.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Why squeeky bum time? It is perfectly normal and natural that counties and alleigencies will change over time. Political, cultural and physical changes are happening all the time and so everything evolves. Me, you, Britain, France, Germany the USA and the EU are all different today than they were ten years ago and all will be different in ten years time than they are today. Why is this such a surprise?

It seems like Brexiters are surprised that things change as if there is some reason that everything should always stay the same. No need to excited and agitated that things might. Hangs - be assured that they will change and there is nothing wrong with that."

There is nothing wrong with change, you even call it evolution, but this is very different.

Without the core countries the EU is finished and anti EU feelings are well and truly on the rise in all of them.

Millions of people in France, Holland, Italy, and even Germany are now eurosceptic, if not down right hostile to the EU. Remember they are four of the original six. Only Luxembourg and Belgium (Belgium for obvious reasons) are still relatively friendly.

Britain has voted to leave and Denmark, Finland, and Austria are all becoming more hostile to the EU. And as for Greece, enough said.

If I was a Euro president or bureaucrat my bum would be more than squeaky at the moment.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"Either way they will have an EU referendum and that will be that"

That is certainly not true at all;

There is no interest in any way, shape or form for an EU referendum in France.

Cannock

"

Tell that to supporters of Marine Le Pen. Marine Le Pen wants an in/out EU referendum for France. It'll be between her and François Fillon who wins the French election.

"

You mean by the politican establishment or the French people?.

I read a poll in the summer that showed half of French votes wanted an EU referendum and Bernard levy had warned that he thought the French would vote to leave if they were given one!

Don't get me wrong the French could just ignore a no vote like they did in 2005? When the French rejected the EU constitution.... They rewrapped it and pushed it through a few years later without going back to another referendum!.

That sort of democratic decision always works best for getting stuff done

Costa Blanca Spain...

I read a poll in the summer that showed half of French votes wanted an EU referendum and Bernard levy had warned that he thought the French would vote to leave if they were given one!"

Yes, they voted against the EU constitution (until it was re-packaged at Lisbon and then weren't given a second vote) so the French have got form for it.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

I read a poll in the summer that showed half of French votes wanted an EU referendum and Bernard levy had warned that he thought the French would vote to leave if they were given one!"

Actually; if you read the poll; and the supporting documentation; the answer was "yep; we will have a referendum if you like; bring it on; so we can show LePen and co that we don't want to leave."

The French people don't want to leave. Of the hundreds of people I speak with, ( I live in France, remember) of all political " colours", I can count how many want to leave on one hand.

The BREXITers, Breitbartists, and alt-right agitators like to spin their " truths", Trump/Farage style, to try to make it true; and the British press lap this crap up by the bucketload.

And actually, whatever LePen says in the EU parliament; she is also on record in France saying that she doesn't actually want to leave; (TF1 last week)

The line is " we need to consider our relationship, and then decide what to do".

The current iteration of the FN manifesto/ policy ( last week) has had all reference to it removed. They are spying out the Fillon camp before their next move.

As for Bernard Levy; he is an agent provocateur and clown; ( though an influential one; and a cleverer one than the likes of Johnson).

Currently a laughing stock for writing a serious philosophical essay, and extensively quoting and agreeing with, a " well known philosopher" who turned out to be a complete spoof.

Costa Blanca Spain...

I read a poll in the summer that showed half of French votes wanted an EU referendum and Bernard levy had warned that he thought the French would vote to leave if they were given one!

Actually; if you read the poll; and the supporting documentation; the answer was "yep; we will have a referendum if you like; bring it on; so we can show LePen and co that we don't want to leave."

The French people don't want to leave. Of the hundreds of people I speak with, ( I live in France, remember) of all political " colours", I can count how many want to leave on one hand.

The BREXITers, Breitbartists, and alt-right agitators like to spin their " truths", Trump/Farage style, to try to make it true; and the British press lap this crap up by the bucketload.

And actually, whatever LePen says in the EU parliament; she is also on record in France saying that she doesn't actually want to leave; (TF1 last week)

The line is " we need to consider our relationship, and then decide what to do".

The current iteration of the FN manifesto/ policy ( last week) has had all reference to it removed. They are spying out the Fillon camp before their next move.

As for Bernard Levy; he is an agent provocateur and clown; ( though an influential one; and a cleverer one than the likes of Johnson).

Currently a laughing stock for writing a serious philosophical essay, and extensively quoting and agreeing with, a " well known philosopher" who turned out to be a complete spoof."

Wrap it up in whichever wishful thinking wrapper you like, but the only time the French have had a referendum on Europe (constitution) they said no.

I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on them toeing the line if given the chance again.

Currently a laughing stock for writing a serious philosophical essay, and extensively quoting and agreeing with, a " well known philosopher" who turned out to be a complete spoof."

That's an interesting perspective from somebody living in France, it's not what I read but then I read English oriented news

Cannock

I've heard some of this line of spin before, such as during the UK EU referendum campaign when Remainers kept saying "Well i speak to hundreds of people and only a handful of them want to Leave". I guess they were not talking to the right people then because 17 and a half million of them voted Leave in the end.

Squeaky bum time in Brussels methinks. "

It seems like Brexiters are surprised that things change as if there is some reason that everything should always stay the same. No need to excited and agitated that things might. Hangs - be assured that they will change and there is nothing wrong with that."

Pity the EU weren't prepared to accept that change was required earlier on this year. Pity they still don't learn from the leave vote in June. Hey ho x

And we all know how accurate polls are.... I'm guessing more than that want a referendum?

it appears President Francois Hollande's police sniper is a little "trigger happy"

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

If the EU collapses, due to Frexit ( ) and the Italians (Itexit?!), then Europe will nedd a new trade agreement....

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose...

» Add a new message to this topic